Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 39985 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:53 - Mar 11 with 3173 viewsbosh67

I think the government's poster campaign is very worrying. Feels very far right in the same way that parts of Europe threatened to go a number of years ago. It's been designed to appeal to that demographic, which is equally concerning.

What really does my head in is that our Prime Minister, home secretary and others in the top end running the country are from immigrant families. You look at that and you think... okay, good, this is a healthy state of affairs to show what people can make of themselves through the generations of people that have settled here... And then you see that they are on the face of it every bit as uncompassionate as those we would expect in this party to do and say these things. They are so completely disconnected from the real causes and devoid of ideas about how to tackle trafficking gangs that are actually here! The gangs are controlled here!

Lineker has first hand ongoing experience of looking after people who have come into this country. He's taken people in. He continues to help people. It's very difficult for people to have a go at him because he is rich or is employed as a freelancer by the BBC. The BBC were always going to be in a no win position here. They are leant on by the government, a slave to archaic rules and although I agree with Lineker they had to be seen to be doing something, although I think they managed to get this spectacularly wrong. Taking him off air effectively punishes the public, who in the main enjoy watching him and his team on that show. It should have been dealt with behind closed doors and without effecting the show.

On someone else's comments on the Kahn and ULEZ I agree that he was totally out of order in his comments back to the public that attended the meeting. It's a stealth tax being put out in the name of 'health concerns'. It's forcing millions of people who have older diesel cars off the road. Diesel fuel prices are artificially inflated. It's got nothing to do with the war in Ukraine or anything else. It's a blatant attempt to force diesel cars off the road. The £2000 scrappage scheme is a joke. Most people in lower income groups have no way of buying cars that comply with the new rules. Most, like me will be forced onto public transport at the inflated prices being charged and pretty soon people in low income groups will be forced to work from home... but then we can't afford to live in those too.

The only thing is that if we lose yet again this afternoon that I'll consider that the players have downed tools to support the MOTD cause.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:55 - Mar 11 with 3147 viewsngbqpr

Lineker is not a news presenter but it seems is expected to abide by the same impartiality rules as them due to his "high profile."

So presumably Alan Sugar is low profile as he is free to tweet his political opinions. Strange, given how the corporation keeps renewing his series.

Likewise Jeremy Clarkson - ok, we're talking a few years back, but was he low profile when, as presenter of low profile show Top Gear, he suggested striking workers should be shot?

That, surely, is at the heart of why this decision is so wrong. No consistency in application of the policy.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:01 - Mar 11 with 3098 viewsstevec

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:52 - Mar 10 by kensalriser

Did you know that Russia hasn't been even nominally Soviet or communist for over 30 years and is now run by a far right dictator?

Indeed.

And a country with zero national debt, yep ZERO national debt, you heard that right. Plus an income tax rate of 13% on your wages all the way up until you earn £160,000 a year, and next to no local taxes.

All in all, you can start to see why right wing dictatorships are popular with their public, certainly in comparison to our pseudo conservative/liberal orthodoxies that are bringing us to our knees.

It’s unfortunate that the Linekers of this world equate everything right wing with Germany of the 1930’s as their ‘go to’ formula. The guys a well meaning shallow thinker indicative of a society in collapse.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 2997 viewsRanger_Things

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:36 - Mar 11 with 2931 viewsstanistheman

No comment on the rights or wrongs of his tweet, but as others have pointed out many of the big name employees/ people paid by the BBC have voiced their opinions including Clarkson who wrote newspaper columns whilst on Top Gear, yet they have been ok.

The BBC is just making it up as it goes along. They were ok with Lineker criticising the Qatari government prior to the World Cup. His opinion is his own and not the BBC’s and I am sure anyone reading his comments knows this.

Glad to see that his MOTD colleagues have stood by him and withdrawn from the programme tonight.

The BBC hierarchy should be sacked and replaced with by people who have no political links to any political party, including backers or associates of the government and previous ministers.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:40 - Mar 11 with 2929 viewsthemodfather

i think lineker said /wrote nothing out of order, in fact he was quite relaxed and reasonable, especially in his reply. he is a freelance journo and our govt have just blamed the weakest people to try and save power, again.
meanwhile this solidarity? where was it when they wanted support for nurses, a few years ago and not all clubs /plyers would pay in then? as for MOTD as qpr are not on it, i never watch, in fact i avoid it and the prem lge as much as possible. i dislike the commentators and the over analysis. same for football focus.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:59 - Mar 11 with 2863 viewsactonman

This is the media for you . The bbc spout on about impartiality then continue to run with stories to suit an agenda so the following masses are led to believe what they are told anyway !
Linekers a nob but should know better seeing as the position he is in as one of the flag bearers of the corporation, I don’t agree with him but if he wants to put his views out there piers Morgan style then craic on , just don’t be surprised with the outcome from you’re employer in this new and free happy age we live in

There’s a whole sh/t storm now with all the frozen water droplets basically going on strike to support him ? That’s a very big dog their prodding and may well come back to bite them on the ass.

It’s all going a bit carry on at your convenience
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:17 - Mar 11 with 2794 viewsKonk

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:01 - Mar 11 by stevec

Indeed.

And a country with zero national debt, yep ZERO national debt, you heard that right. Plus an income tax rate of 13% on your wages all the way up until you earn £160,000 a year, and next to no local taxes.

All in all, you can start to see why right wing dictatorships are popular with their public, certainly in comparison to our pseudo conservative/liberal orthodoxies that are bringing us to our knees.

It’s unfortunate that the Linekers of this world equate everything right wing with Germany of the 1930’s as their ‘go to’ formula. The guys a well meaning shallow thinker indicative of a society in collapse.

Putin’s so popular with the public that most of the people who publicly disagree with him seem to be in prison, in exile, or dead. Truly the sign of healthy society. And asides from the major cities, Russians aren’t exactly living the dream. They might pay little local taxes, but that’s possibly because in many regions they have fu ck-all local services/infrastructure. An average life expectancy of 67 for males. Sounds amazing. St Petersburg is known as the most fun-living place in Russia and it’s comfortably the most miserable place I’ve ever been, so fu ck knows what’s it’s like in the regions. No wonder so many Westerners are desperate to move there and you hardly ever see wealthy Russians living in London, Paris, Southern France, Switzerland etc.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 11:32]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:28 - Mar 11 with 2735 viewsRanger_Things

Football Focus and Final Score replaced by Government approved editions of Bargain Hunt and The Repair Shop. Let’s hope the BBC have also thoroughly vetted all the presenters social media accounts.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:55 - Mar 11 with 2631 viewshubble

...and breathe.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:06 - Mar 11 with 2594 viewseastside_r

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:28 - Mar 11 by Ranger_Things

Football Focus and Final Score replaced by Government approved editions of Bargain Hunt and The Repair Shop. Let’s hope the BBC have also thoroughly vetted all the presenters social media accounts.

Now leaking into radio. No Fighting Talk on 5Live and Sport on 5 not started at 12.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:49 - Mar 11 with 2433 viewsbosh67

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:06 - Mar 11 by eastside_r

Now leaking into radio. No Fighting Talk on 5Live and Sport on 5 not started at 12.

As I said above, BBC had to do something and that something appears to have been a total disaster and walk out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:49 - Mar 11 with 2428 viewsbosh67

Feels very apt.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 12:51]

Never knowingly right.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:58 - Mar 11 with 2386 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 23:16 - Mar 10 by JamesB1979

1930s Germany is primarily associated with the German Nazi party and Adolf Hitler. Hitler was Chancellor from January 1933. The Nuremberg race laws were effective from 1935. What language are we talking about if it isn’t that of the German Nazi party, Hitler, Goebbels and all the others.

Lineker is entitled to his opinion but overstepped the mark with the 1930s Germany part for the reasons you have stated. It was a crass and stupid inference.
Has he apologised for adding that part and admitted it was a mistake? If he has done this then everyone can move on.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:59 - Mar 11 with 2383 viewssupahoopsa

https://youtube.com/shorts/z6lYQ0QXoL4?feature=share

I'll leave it at that

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:20 - Mar 11 with 2298 viewshubble

Oh, just thought, but if most news is more about distraction than actual meaningful information, what's this distracting everyone from? I mean personally speaking, I couldn't give a rat's arse either way, but the sheer amount of hot air devoted to this is incredible. Has a bank failed or something?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:25 - Mar 11 with 2272 viewsCateLeBonR

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:17 - Mar 11 by Konk

Putin’s so popular with the public that most of the people who publicly disagree with him seem to be in prison, in exile, or dead. Truly the sign of healthy society. And asides from the major cities, Russians aren’t exactly living the dream. They might pay little local taxes, but that’s possibly because in many regions they have fu ck-all local services/infrastructure. An average life expectancy of 67 for males. Sounds amazing. St Petersburg is known as the most fun-living place in Russia and it’s comfortably the most miserable place I’ve ever been, so fu ck knows what’s it’s like in the regions. No wonder so many Westerners are desperate to move there and you hardly ever see wealthy Russians living in London, Paris, Southern France, Switzerland etc.

“St Petersburg is known as the most fun-living place in Russia and it’s comfortably the most miserable place I’ve ever been“

You should try Loftus Road W12 at about 5pm this evening.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:37 - Mar 11 with 2202 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:20 - Mar 11 by hubble

Oh, just thought, but if most news is more about distraction than actual meaningful information, what's this distracting everyone from? I mean personally speaking, I couldn't give a rat's arse either way, but the sheer amount of hot air devoted to this is incredible. Has a bank failed or something?

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1745115/US-banks-crash-financi

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:40 - Mar 11 with 2195 viewsRanger_Things

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:07 - Mar 11 with 2117 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 06:26 - Mar 11 by PunteR

Sorry your right. I'm just being a massive cnt.
I wasn't being serious btw. Just getting it out there early before someone does.

For once we can agree.
Lineker dropped from MOTD (n/t) on 14:39 - Mar 11 with 2014 viewswood_hoop

[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 14:42]
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 1984 viewshubble

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:37 - Mar 11 by Sonofpugwash

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1745115/US-banks-crash-financi

Aha!

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:11 - Mar 11 with 1908 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:45 - Mar 11 by hubble

Aha!

And it's kept Hatt Mancock off the front pages.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 16:59 - Mar 11 with 1834 viewsplasmahoop

He should keep his opinions to himself. It's a clear overreach. A good opportunity to clear out all the overpaid presenters using up vast amounts of license fee money. If we must pay it, at least use it more responsibly. 600 k for shearer, 1.2 million for Lineker.
Got to be some people who'd do a better job for a fraction of the money
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:23 - Mar 11 with 1752 viewsHAYESBOY

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 16:59 - Mar 11 by plasmahoop

He should keep his opinions to himself. It's a clear overreach. A good opportunity to clear out all the overpaid presenters using up vast amounts of license fee money. If we must pay it, at least use it more responsibly. 600 k for shearer, 1.2 million for Lineker.
Got to be some people who'd do a better job for a fraction of the money

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024