Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarah Everad 17:01 - Sep 30 with 14328 viewsSirjohnalot

A whole life sentence is extremely rare, only used in exceptional circumstances outside sexual killers of children, targeted police, multiple murderers etc.

What this animal did was so horrific the Judge ruled he will never be released, he will die in prison. It was the only possible sentence the Judge could impose, even though the press reports are horrific they did not report on all that he did. Evil psychopaths like can never be reformed.

Evil beyond belief, whilst there may be some debate about what should happen to Katie Price, I cannot imagine, for one second what on earth his barrister could have said on his behalf.

It's really important, as I've read online, people criticising his Counsel, that he was represented, to ensure that Justice is done, to ensure the law is applied correctly. If you are instructed, you are ethicially obliged to take it on, unless you think it is beyond your capabilities, or you know one of the parties so that you cannot be impartial etc.

It is likely that it will be appealed, you would not be carrying out your job properly if you didn't , such is the exceptional sentence, but I cannot see any Court overruling it.

Sarah Everad on 21:37 - Oct 3 with 1046 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 18:37 - Oct 3 by trampie

Sorry to hear that.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:25]

Thank you.
Sarah Everad on 21:40 - Oct 3 with 1042 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 18:44 - Oct 3 by Gwyn737

Sorry to hear this.

It must be incredibly frustrating for the police regarding the courts. We have had successive Home Secretaries sounding off on tougher sentences whilst systematically underfunding the judicial system.

Courts sit empty with cases taking years to get to trial.

Thank you
Sarah Everad on 23:04 - Oct 3 with 1005 viewsmajorraglan

Sarah Everad on 18:08 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

This very day, my daughter has been the subject of domestic abuse. She wasn't assaulted - or the ex wouldn't be in a healthy state right now, but damage to her house as he tried to get in. The police responded and were very professional and sympathetic. She and her kids are currently staying with us until they find and lock him up.

The police have said, they do their job in locking him up and charging them, but are constantly let down by the courts.

So, whoever said i will need the police one day have been proven correct . It's not the first time either.

Sorry to hear this, I hope your daughter and the children are OK.

The police response to domestic violence has changed significantly over the last few years, it’s now treated far more seriously and more resources are invested in investigating offences and supporting victims. Hopefully your daughter and the kids will get a premium service and the investigation will be prioritised.
Sarah Everad on 23:31 - Oct 3 with 994 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 23:04 - Oct 3 by majorraglan

Sorry to hear this, I hope your daughter and the children are OK.

The police response to domestic violence has changed significantly over the last few years, it’s now treated far more seriously and more resources are invested in investigating offences and supporting victims. Hopefully your daughter and the kids will get a premium service and the investigation will be prioritised.

Thank you
Sarah Everad on 23:49 - Oct 3 with 977 viewsDJack

Sarah Everad on 18:08 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

This very day, my daughter has been the subject of domestic abuse. She wasn't assaulted - or the ex wouldn't be in a healthy state right now, but damage to her house as he tried to get in. The police responded and were very professional and sympathetic. She and her kids are currently staying with us until they find and lock him up.

The police have said, they do their job in locking him up and charging them, but are constantly let down by the courts.

So, whoever said i will need the police one day have been proven correct . It's not the first time either.

That's awful to hear buddy. All the best.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sarah Everad on 09:45 - Oct 4 with 920 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 21:40 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

Thank you

It was me and I feel for you Contro.

Policing can never be all things to all people but it’s all we have between us and the Fiery Furnace.

I

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sarah Everad on 10:20 - Oct 4 with 896 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sarah Everad on 11:22 - Oct 4 with 876 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 23:49 - Oct 3 by DJack

That's awful to hear buddy. All the best.

Thank you mate, much appreciated
Login to get fewer ads

Sarah Everad on 11:23 - Oct 4 with 875 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 09:45 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

It was me and I feel for you Contro.

Policing can never be all things to all people but it’s all we have between us and the Fiery Furnace.

I

Thank you. good news though, they have arrested him and he's in custody.Hope they throw the book at him
Sarah Everad on 16:29 - Oct 4 with 823 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Everad on 11:23 - Oct 4 by controversial_jack

Thank you. good news though, they have arrested him and he's in custody.Hope they throw the book at him

Let me know if he denies it and she's worried about giving evidence, more than happy to talk you through what to expect, allay any fears, what special measure she can ask for, including screens or video link etc.
Always happy to help in anyway I can
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 19:42]
Sarah Everad on 16:34 - Oct 4 with 819 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 16:29 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

Let me know if he denies it and she's worried about giving evidence, more than happy to talk you through what to expect, allay any fears, what special measure she can ask for, including screens or video link etc.
Always happy to help in anyway I can
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 19:42]

Thank you very much.
Sarah Everad on 19:54 - Oct 4 with 785 viewscontroversial_jack

Latest update. No charges, he's free to go. He gave a no comment interview and the neighbours won't give a statement, despite seeing him and calling the police.

That's the reality of how seriously domestic abuse is taken. I'm gutted!
Sarah Everad on 19:59 - Oct 4 with 774 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 19:54 - Oct 4 by controversial_jack

Latest update. No charges, he's free to go. He gave a no comment interview and the neighbours won't give a statement, despite seeing him and calling the police.

I hope everything works out ok for your family.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 20:15]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Sarah Evera on 20:04 - Oct 4 with 764 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Everad on 19:54 - Oct 4 by controversial_jack

He may have been ‘released under investigation’, that doesn’t mean he won’t be charged it is just the police getting their file in order before the cps will authorise a charge, eg check. Cctv,.
If she has given a statement, it’s very unlikely they will drop it. It’s not a bad thing as strengthening the case before charge means a stronger one for the trial

If he has been dealt with by way of ‘no further action’ don’t give up, speak to the officer in the case, get reasons
She can also get a non molestation order preventing him having any contact with her breach of which has criminal sanctions.
Sarah Everad on 20:12 - Oct 4 with 748 viewsFlashberryjack

Sarah Everad on 11:23 - Oct 4 by controversial_jack

Lets hope they do throw the keys away, I know it's of little comfort, but at least your daughter and children are safe with you.

Sadly, some poor women aren't lucky enough to have a supportive family in times like these, some aren't lucky even if they do have a supportive family, and end up as another tragic statistic.

I sincerely hope everything works out for all of you, and the courts give this bully boy what he deserves.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sarah Evera on 20:14 - Oct 4 with 745 viewstrampie

Sarah Evera on 20:04 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

He may have been ‘released under investigation’, that doesn’t mean he won’t be charged it is just the police getting their file in order before the cps will authorise a charge, eg check. Cctv,.
If she has given a statement, it’s very unlikely they will drop it. It’s not a bad thing as strengthening the case before charge means a stronger one for the trial

If he has been dealt with by way of ‘no further action’ don’t give up, speak to the officer in the case, get reasons
She can also get a non molestation order preventing him having any contact with her breach of which has criminal sanctions.

What is your job Sirjohnalot if you don't mind me asking ?

Sarah Evera on 20:24 - Oct 4 with 726 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Evera on 20:14 - Oct 4 by trampie

What is your job Sirjohnalot if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm a criminal barrister about 20 miles outside of Manchester, before that I was a defence Solicitor for about 15 years.
Sarah Evera on 20:28 - Oct 4 with 710 viewstrampie

Sarah Evera on 20:24 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

I'm a criminal barrister about 20 miles outside of Manchester, before that I was a defence Solicitor for about 15 years.

How interesting.
What is a criminal barrister ?
Do you represent the crown or the accused ?
I don't want to know how much you earn or anything like that but how do you get paid ?
Are you from Neath or the Rhondda ?, why don't you practice down here ?

Sarah Evera on 20:38 - Oct 4 with 697 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Evera on 20:28 - Oct 4 by trampie

How interesting.
What is a criminal barrister ?
Do you represent the crown or the accused ?
I don't want to know how much you earn or anything like that but how do you get paid ?
Are you from Neath or the Rhondda ?, why don't you practice down here ?

An attorney as they say in the States, the wig the gown, jury trials, that type of thing. As a barrister, I am self employed, a group of barristers work from a a building that is called 'Chambers'. Our clerks are responsible for getting out work and get a percentage of our fees. I defend and I prosecute, as I was a Solicitor for so long, all the local firms know me as do the CPS, so if they want me to do a case, they'll ring our Chambers and book me. Today example, I've been in court in Manchester with about 6 cases, 4 prosecuting, 2 defending (all at different stages)
We get fixed fees for the cases so £x for a sentence, something else for a bail application, a different fee for a trial dependant on how many days/weeks/months it lasts.

I'm from Neath. I was single when I qualified, it's so hard to get a position as a Solicitor (which is what I first was applying for) I applied all over the UK, Oz and NZ, and just so happened to end up here. (Plus a lot of my mates in school ended up doing time, didn't really want to be in a firm that was repping them)
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 20:47]
Sarah Evera on 20:47 - Oct 4 with 679 viewstrampie

Sarah Evera on 20:38 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

An attorney as they say in the States, the wig the gown, jury trials, that type of thing. As a barrister, I am self employed, a group of barristers work from a a building that is called 'Chambers'. Our clerks are responsible for getting out work and get a percentage of our fees. I defend and I prosecute, as I was a Solicitor for so long, all the local firms know me as do the CPS, so if they want me to do a case, they'll ring our Chambers and book me. Today example, I've been in court in Manchester with about 6 cases, 4 prosecuting, 2 defending (all at different stages)
We get fixed fees for the cases so £x for a sentence, something else for a bail application, a different fee for a trial dependant on how many days/weeks/months it lasts.

I'm from Neath. I was single when I qualified, it's so hard to get a position as a Solicitor (which is what I first was applying for) I applied all over the UK, Oz and NZ, and just so happened to end up here. (Plus a lot of my mates in school ended up doing time, didn't really want to be in a firm that was repping them)
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 20:47]

Most people have a story to tell and you are no different I see, I thought you gave good advice/incite to Controversial jack, well done for looking out for a fellow Swansea fan.

Sarah Evera on 20:48 - Oct 4 with 675 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Evera on 20:04 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

i'm so embarrassed by my post and have to take it all back. I'm hearing my daughter refused to make a statement and may be protecting this idiot. I'm at a loss right now.
Sarah Evera on 20:50 - Oct 4 with 671 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Evera on 20:47 - Oct 4 by trampie

Most people have a story to tell and you are no different I see, I thought you gave good advice/incite to Controversial jack, well done for looking out for a fellow Swansea fan.

These forums give a false impression of what people are like, we argue over daft stuff online when in reality, we're all pretty much the same.
Sarah Evera on 20:54 - Oct 4 with 666 viewstrampie

Sarah Evera on 20:48 - Oct 4 by controversial_jack

i'm so embarrassed by my post and have to take it all back. I'm hearing my daughter refused to make a statement and may be protecting this idiot. I'm at a loss right now.

You have absolutely nothing at all to be embarrassed about, your concern for your daughter is admirable.

Sarah Evera on 20:54 - Oct 4 with 665 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Evera on 20:50 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

These forums give a false impression of what people are like, we argue over daft stuff online when in reality, we're all pretty much the same.

It's been wonderful to see, i'm just sorry I have wasted everones time, and I thank you all for your concern.
Sarah Evera on 20:56 - Oct 4 with 662 viewstrampie

Sarah Evera on 20:50 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

Yes indeed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024