Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling to matches 13:32 - Mar 8 with 6055 viewsBklynRanger

Does anybody do it? Any recommendations on areas/places to secure one's iron steed? Just wondering.

(Feel free to PM if you'd rather not publicise it - nothing kinky mind - this is strictly bike chat...)
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 13:37]
Cycling to matches on 14:01 - Mar 8 with 4858 viewsted_hendrix

Pretty sure I saw Smegma chain his bike to the lower loft gates one evening game

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cycling to matches on 14:14 - Mar 8 with 4835 viewsBklynRanger

Cycling to matches on 14:01 - Mar 8 by ted_hendrix

Pretty sure I saw Smegma chain his bike to the lower loft gates one evening game

Good eyes Ted. Very convenient. Maybe I could park it in the bogs?
Cycling to matches on 14:37 - Mar 8 with 4803 viewscolinallcars

Years ago when lots of people cycled to the match certain houses in the area would take your bike in for threepence. I used to leave my bike in the Andover Arms. Another place was outside the police station. These options no longer exist so locking the bike up in the street is your only hope. Choose somewhere where the bike is in full view all the time. Against the railings opposite the ground is a good option. Trouble is wherever you leave a bike the buggers will damage it out of spite if they are unable to break the lock(s).
Cycling to matches on 14:53 - Mar 8 with 4778 viewsBlackCrowe

Chain it to the duggout and hopefully ask Connor to keep an eye on it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cycling to matches on 15:18 - Mar 8 with 4747 viewsBoston

Cycling to matches on 14:37 - Mar 8 by colinallcars

Years ago when lots of people cycled to the match certain houses in the area would take your bike in for threepence. I used to leave my bike in the Andover Arms. Another place was outside the police station. These options no longer exist so locking the bike up in the street is your only hope. Choose somewhere where the bike is in full view all the time. Against the railings opposite the ground is a good option. Trouble is wherever you leave a bike the buggers will damage it out of spite if they are unable to break the lock(s).

Those options will return one of these days, everything’s cyclical.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cycling to matches on 15:30 - Mar 8 with 4737 viewsted_hendrix

Mr B, have you thought about a builders bum?

Cycling to matches on 15:41 - Mar 8 with 4718 viewsBklynRanger

Cycling to matches on 15:30 - Mar 8 by ted_hendrix

Mr B, have you thought about a builders bum?

You're mixing the forums up again mate - strictly bike chat! Close all other tabs!
Cycling to matches on 15:42 - Mar 8 with 4716 viewsLowerloftLad

I did about 10 years ago my aunty lives in white city estate so used to leave it with her. But one sunny saturday afternoon i was running late and tried to lock it on the park gate opposite the club shop within seconds i had 3 policemen screaming at me to drop the push bike and step away they then asked me if the bike was carrying explosives ??? I just responded with i hope not i have just cycled from chertsey and you have just asked me to drop the bike on the floor

I started driving to games after this 😂
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 16:42]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Cycling to matches on 15:55 - Mar 8 with 4701 viewskensalriser

Quite a few bike racks outside the old BBC White City building on the corner of Wood Lane/SAR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cycling to matches on 16:06 - Mar 8 with 4687 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've left mine on the cycle stand opposite SB Police station a few weeks ago and it was still there when I got back.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling to matches on 16:20 - Mar 8 with 4668 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah somewhere on the Uxbridge Rd would be good. Not too far from my favourite biryani emporium ideally. And it's busy there so that helps apparently in today's criminal minefield.
Cycling to matches on 17:02 - Mar 8 with 4609 viewsSimonJames

Forty odd years ago I lived in Great Massingham (Norfolk).
Our neighbour, despite being in his late 70s and having both feet crippled by polio, used to cycle one of those ludicrously heavy black cast iron bikes, 35 miles to see his beloved Norwich play.
And then, after a couple of post match whiskeys, 35 miles back.
Used to leave about midday and get back about 8:30PM.
Top bloke.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Cycling to matches on 17:07 - Mar 8 with 4597 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cycling to matches on 16:06 - Mar 8 by Metallica_Hoop

I've left mine on the cycle stand opposite SB Police station a few weeks ago and it was still there when I got back.

Near me is the Knocknaheeney estate, rightly or wrongly it's known for being the home of a few joyriders.

So this tourist parks his big rental car there and asks a local...

"Excuse me, if I park my car here will it be here in the morning?"
"Here boy, park it anywhere in Cork and it'll be here in the morning".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cycling to matches on 17:20 - Mar 8 with 4572 viewsHerzog

there are bike racks outside Sainsbury's on
Bloemfontein Rd, where Janet Adegoke centre used to be
Cycling to matches on 17:28 - Mar 8 with 4564 viewsmase

I often cycle to games. There's a fairly large rack to the right as you come out of White City tube (where the petrol station used to be) that seems to be fine. Alternatively I use the small row of Sheffield stands at the edge of Hammersmith Park (on the left as you go down South Africa Road to the stadium). I should also add that I use a heavy duty lock in combination with a bang-average looking bike, so hopefully doubly unappealing to any ne'er-do-wells.
Cycling to matches on 19:12 - Mar 8 with 4484 viewsDannyPaddox

If you're running late, or even cycling late, take the bike in the ground. Usually enough space on our near post to chain a bike. Especially if the opposition are taking a corner.

[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 19:13]
Cycling to matches on 19:56 - Mar 8 with 4430 viewssmegma

Cycling to matches on 14:01 - Mar 8 by ted_hendrix

Almost. I used to use the house gates to the left as you look at the Lower Loft entrance. I would throw the bike over the 4 foot fence and padlock it up. Another place is the fencing outside the Springbok or whatever it's called. You chain it up next to the Burger van and the burger man keeps an eye on it for you.
Cycling to matches on 20:49 - Mar 8 with 4383 viewscolinallcars

Cycling to matches on 15:18 - Mar 8 by Boston

Those options will return one of these days, everything’s cyclical.

Very good.😏
Cycling to matches on 21:50 - Mar 8 with 4311 viewsBoston

Can't help but notice he never brings Mrs Brooklyn to matches.

Cycling to matches on 01:31 - Mar 9 with 4166 viewslondonscottish

I often cycle in. I just chain it to the railings on SAR opposite the entrance to the Upper Loft.

Never a problem.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cycling to matches on 12:45 - Mar 9 with 4023 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks for the advice comrades.
Cycling to matches on 15:44 - Mar 9 with 3947 viewscolinallcars

Cycling to matches on 01:31 - Mar 9 by londonscottish

I often cycle in. I just chain it to the railings on SAR opposite the entrance to the Upper Loft.

Never a problem.

That's where I left mine the last time. It's in full view and presumably there are stewards and police around outside the ground whilst the game is on so should be fine. I've never had a whole bike stolen but have emerged from pubs etc to find the handlebars or saddle missing. Once outside the Builders in Hammersmith I found someone had smashed the spokes out of spite. There are some awful people about.
Cycling to matches on 16:34 - Mar 9 with 3923 viewslondonscottish

Cycling to matches on 15:44 - Mar 9 by colinallcars

That's where I left mine the last time. It's in full view and presumably there are stewards and police around outside the ground whilst the game is on so should be fine. I've never had a whole bike stolen but have emerged from pubs etc to find the handlebars or saddle missing. Once outside the Builders in Hammersmith I found someone had smashed the spokes out of spite. There are some awful people about.

Yes there are some right kn8bs out there.

Part of the reason I have a pub bike for this sort of thing and a nicer one that I only tend to use where there is secure parking (at my work for example).

But HQ on matchday is a good bet as it's so plod-heavy. The scrotes will go somewhere else and f&ck up some else's transport.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cycling to matches on 17:39 - Mar 10 with 3792 viewsted_hendrix

How was the bike ride Mr B?

Cycling to matches on 18:28 - Mar 10 with 3768 viewsBoston

Cycling to matches on 17:39 - Mar 10 by ted_hendrix

How was the bike ride Mr B?

C’mon Ted, his sex lifes his own business.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024