Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early Hull Match Thread 09:54 - Jan 27 with 40924 viewsDieByYourSide

Time to switch things up a little bit I think. Would like to see Johansen come in for Tim who needs some time out of the firing line, and JCS (if he fancies it).

Dieng

Laird (if fit)
JCS
Dickie
Paal

Johansen
Field

Roberts
Chair
Lowe

Dykes

Won on our last two visits there, doing so again shouldn't be beyond our capabilities but we are so out of the winning habit.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 28 with 2180 viewsR_from_afar

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:01 - Jan 28 by JAPRANGERS

Bring him back. Not doing much as one of several coaches at a West Ham maybe heading to the Championship.

…. but we went on a terrible run with him at the helm during the second half of last season

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:08 - Jan 28 with 2140 viewsDixie_CT

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 28 by Hooping_Mad

Add that performance to the Fleetwood one and you realise we are a total shambles.

If this is us at the end of January, we are in a relegation scrap. Don't kid yourselves otherwise.

It’s a point worth remembering that if we had any bollocks we wouldn’t have even been playing the fixture today, we would be in the 4th Round of the FA Cup.

Something has to change and it’s not the manager.

Total and utter disgrace, soft as shite, enough is enough.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:09 - Jan 28 with 2122 viewssupahoopsa

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 28 by Damo1962

If this carries on, I fear for Critchley. He has been saddled with some of the worst players I have ever seen wear our shirt, but he seems unable to get any sort of response out of them. I suppose this is the the culmination of terrible management and signings finally coming home to roost. I was pretty confident we wouldn't get drawn in at the bottom - now I'm not so sure. Next game will be interesting.

Pretty sure that most of these players were in the team that were top of the league three months.

To suggest these are some of the worst players to have ever worn a QPR shirt either shows you're very young or have a very short memory!!

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:09 - Jan 28 with 2109 viewsqprd

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 28 by MelakaRanger

Yes. But this team with these same players were top of the league and apparently going places just 3 months ago

How can we go from serial winners to serial losers overnight?

its a recurring pattern every season. we are a team of two half seasons

21/22: we were 2nd at this point, and finished midtable
20/21: we were relegation fodder until we signed austin, field, etc and then finished 8th
19/20: we were 8th before covid and then rubbish after that
18/19: started off season well then mcclaren went on that horrible run where we lost 7 in a row and then lost at home to rotherham and bolton
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 2065 viewsDamo1962

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 28 by JimmyR

Field is easily one of our better performers

It's a low bar. Don't know why people get so defensive about certain players. I was merely stressing that no-one is above criticism. But I agree that he is well down the list of immediate problems. Does that clear things up a tad ?
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 2073 viewsdavman

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:01 - Jan 28 by JAPRANGERS

Bring him back. Not doing much as one of several coaches at a West Ham maybe heading to the Championship.

Have always thought that if its time for a change, bring Warbs back as the Director of Football might be a good thing.

But then I am now leaning toward abandoning the academy because it doesn't appear cost effective. Have asked Lee Hoos to provide a cost v income generated stat because I refuse to believe that Eze's £12m or whatever it actually was covers the money they have wasted on the Academy.

What a day. I felt shite after Fleetwood, but that was "just the cup"; this feels worse.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 2077 viewsRangersw12

Yes. But this team with these same players were top of the league and apparently going places just 3 months ago

Because of some of the players clearly only came here because of PBBC and since he left they've downed tools
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 2065 viewsplasmahoop

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

I would respectfully disagree. He's League 1 at best, so every time you play him you're liable to concede because of him.....as has been evidenced recently.

Thing is, we have no edge going forward, are weak defensively, and have no nastiness or leaders on the pitch. It's a pretty toxic combination, but kakay would be OK in a better team. It's not down to him that we are this bad
Login to get fewer ads

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2046 viewsdavman

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:33 - Jan 28 by Hooping_Mad

The referee is a absolute joke.

They all are.

His display was as good as ours. 'Kin Awful. As with all his mates, claiming to be a "professional" - charlatans, the lot of 'em.

Can we go out yet?

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2034 viewsqprd

I would respectfully disagree. He's League 1 at best, so every time you play him you're liable to concede because of him.....as has been evidenced recently.

youre not disagreeing with me, youre just not getting the point

im conceding he's league one standard. however, b/c of our limited budget, we have to accept players like that in our squad

how about we go with your plan next season? lets spend more money on reserve right backs and left backs for the 7 times they play a season, and spend less on our no 1 striker! while we're at it, i suggest we splash some cash on our our reserve keeper too
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 28 with 1992 viewsloftus77

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 by Northolt_Rs

Fck….where do we go from here?

Ah...some good news amongst all the gloom. A clear question which I can answer clearly, openly, honestly and with integrity.

Our destination's official full name is called EFL SkyBet League One (and very much the lower echelons of said division).
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 17:15]
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 28 with 1981 viewsHooping_Mad

I do want to add one thing from today.

Tim was somehow our best and worst player in the first half. He broke up play made interceptions. Then kept giving the ball away when in possession it was maddening. What I don't understand is why we play him so deep? seems to be a recipe for disaster.

I would have kept him and field on the pitch swopped Roberts or Adomah for Steff and reduced the amount of defensive work needed to see if he could settle for 10 or 15 mins.

Looks like he got hooked for us losing the first half 1-0, to be fair to the kid we went on to lost the second half 2-0. So it wasn't all his fault.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 28 with 1930 viewsTacticalR

What a mess.

We picked up a bit in the second half, but that second goal killed us, we looked all over the place, and the final result could have been even worse.

Air hostess clique

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 28 with 1887 viewsBoston

The fish rots from the head down.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 28 with 1847 viewsParkRoyalR

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 28 by Damo1962

If this carries on, I fear for Critchley. He has been saddled with some of the worst players I have ever seen wear our shirt, but he seems unable to get any sort of response out of them. I suppose this is the the culmination of terrible management and signings finally coming home to roost. I was pretty confident we wouldn't get drawn in at the bottom - now I'm not so sure. Next game will be interesting.

Some of the worse players to wear our shirt, you must have missed a decade supporting this club as that statement is wildly off the mark.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 28 with 1844 viewsLogman

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 28 by Hooping_Mad

Tim was somehow our best and worst player in the first half. He broke up play made interceptions. Then kept giving the ball away when in possession it was maddening. What I don't understand is why we play him so deep? seems to be a recipe for disaster.

I would have kept him and field on the pitch swopped Roberts or Adomah for Steff and reduced the amount of defensive work needed to see if he could settle for 10 or 15 mins.

Looks like he got hooked for us losing the first half 1-0, to be fair to the kid we went on to lost the second half 2-0. So it wasn't all his fault.

True but you cannot afford to play that badly in the first half. We didn't play for the whole of the first half. I personally think it was the manager's fault because he didn't learn the lessons from Fleetwood but if it happens then you need to make changes at half-time.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 28 with 1828 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 28 by qprd

youre not disagreeing with me, youre just not getting the point

im conceding he's league one standard. however, b/c of our limited budget, we have to accept players like that in our squad

how about we go with your plan next season? lets spend more money on reserve right backs and left backs for the 7 times they play a season, and spend less on our no 1 striker! while we're at it, i suggest we splash some cash on our our reserve keeper too

My point is that we shouldn't be accepting players of that standard at the club. Scout better, recruit better, train them better.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 1815 viewsqprd

tim was easily our worst player today. there were actually no bright spots

passed the ball away for fun... hull dribbled past him for fun.... couldnt dribble past any one
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:23 - Jan 28 with 1763 viewsDamo1962

They obviously weren as good as many thought(Emperor's New clothes).I never expected with our squad, to be able to mount a serious promotion push - but I didn't think we would implode as badly as this. As stated by many on here... they don't have the mental strength to cope when things go wrong. Quite a few are also unfit and unprofessional. Can they keep us up...is the only question that needs asking now?
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 1692 viewsessextaxiboy

It would be more concerning if Paal got injured
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 1683 viewsDamo1962

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:09 - Jan 28 by supahoopsa

Pretty sure that most of these players were in the team that were top of the league three months.

To suggest these are some of the worst players to have ever worn a QPR shirt either shows you're very young or have a very short memory!!

Or I could see what others couldn't.It's a 46 game season, so being top for one week means nothing. If they keep us out of danger...then they will have proved me wrong. I hope they do.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:29 - Jan 28 with 1680 viewsR_from_afar

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:09 - Jan 28 by qprd

its a recurring pattern every season. we are a team of two half seasons

21/22: we were 2nd at this point, and finished midtable
20/21: we were relegation fodder until we signed austin, field, etc and then finished 8th
19/20: we were 8th before covid and then rubbish after that
18/19: started off season well then mcclaren went on that horrible run where we lost 7 in a row and then lost at home to rotherham and bolton

I think it’s down to the lack of depth in the squad. If our first choice eleven is fit and in form plus we have a bit of luck, we can give any team in the division a game but the quality drops away rapidly once other players need to be brought in.

This is not an easy problem to address given the constraints FFP impose on us.

I’m praying that somehow we can develop our own golden generation but I’ll admit that is a real long shot. I seem to recall our u18s are showing promise, so maybe there is some hope.

Tough times for Rs fans.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 28 with 1647 viewsdavman

He was dog shite today; genuinely not sure how you work out he was OUR best player - Hull's best player but not ours. They didn't even try today; we did that for them. Tim and Robersts can f-off back to their parent clubs after that; they CLEARLY cannot be bothered to play for this club.

...but you watch as Tim is straight back into that first team next week. (Roberts won't, because he is clearly lining up another 6-7 week injury).

Utter shambles. Still.

Can we go out yet?

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:33 - Jan 28 with 1616 viewsDamo1962

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

Some of the worse players to wear our shirt, you must have missed a decade supporting this club as that statement is wildly off the mark.

That's what I said, some of the worst...not the worst. And yes I did see the dross you are referring too.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 28 with 1558 viewsHooping_Mad

Youngest player in the squad, being given to much responsibility. He did break up play slightly better than Field today IMO

Not great today but we were worse when he went off, amazingly.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024