Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early Hull Match Thread 09:54 - Jan 27 with 40921 viewsDieByYourSide

Time to switch things up a little bit I think. Would like to see Johansen come in for Tim who needs some time out of the firing line, and JCS (if he fancies it).

Dieng

Laird (if fit)
JCS
Dickie
Paal

Johansen
Field

Roberts
Chair
Lowe

Dykes

Won on our last two visits there, doing so again shouldn't be beyond our capabilities but we are so out of the winning habit.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:47 - Jan 28 with 2445 viewsessextaxiboy

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:29 - Jan 28 by R_from_afar

I think it’s down to the lack of depth in the squad. If our first choice eleven is fit and in form plus we have a bit of luck, we can give any team in the division a game but the quality drops away rapidly once other players need to be brought in.

This is not an easy problem to address given the constraints FFP impose on us.

I’m praying that somehow we can develop our own golden generation but I’ll admit that is a real long shot. I seem to recall our u18s are showing promise, so maybe there is some hope.

Tough times for Rs fans.

This is exactly the problem IMO , we just haven't got enough players of the standard needed for Championship football and we need to regularly sell the ones we have The loan players came here for Beale and are now de motivated . We should offer them the chance to go back and loan some who will play for Critchley.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:50 - Jan 28 with 2395 viewsRangersDave

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 28 by MelakaRanger

Yes. But this team with these same players were top of the league and apparently going places just 3 months ago

How can we go from serial winners to serial losers overnight?

Great question.....

possible answers...

1) manager has already lost the dressing room.

2) injuries decimating out 'best' team.

3) eye on another prize (players who want to leave and not get injured before transferred).

4) not good enough and dont care enough to put in a shift.

5) players been told their being held to their contract and sulking.

6) players aware no one new is coming in and have laid down tools

7) players being said tools

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Early Hull Match Thread on 18:03 - Jan 28 with 2267 viewsBushRanger82

We should have made our feelings known after the disgraceful fleetwood result, at our last home game.
Early Hull Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 28 with 2239 viewsEastR

Hull's first home was n since 5 Oct.

Our generosity knows no bounds

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Early Hull Match Thread on 18:14 - Jan 28 with 2187 viewsMelakaRanger

Early Hull Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 28 by EastR

Hull's first home was n since 5 Oct.

Our generosity knows no bounds

Interestingly these is no post match interview on the offish yet……..
Early Hull Match Thread on 18:53 - Jan 28 with 1985 viewsAndybrat

As much as it really really hurts me to say it. I don’t want to but those months ago we were saying Mick Beale was the real deal and trust me I despise the man for what he did but evidence would suggest this was the case. He had these players playing for him, feel sorry for NC as he obviously hasn’t. So as other contributors have mentioned on other threads he has to get us through the season and then start his own journey. We saw what he did at Blackpool, tell u what I feel sorry for those who made the trip.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 1915 viewsDieByYourSide

Caning the players again.

Needs a Summer, torch this whole squad, we have to be more like his Blackpool side and current Luton.

How many players in this squad think they're doing QPR a favour by being here? JCS, Willock, Roberts, Tim, we can't go on with these kind of players.

Get some hungry lads in who would kill to play for our club, even if they're lesser in technical ability.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 19:07]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 28 with 1859 viewsNorthernr

Early Hull Match Thread on 18:03 - Jan 28 by BushRanger82

We should have made our feelings known after the disgraceful fleetwood result, at our last home game.

I let out a v frustrated booo at full time today, two guys in front turned round and gave me the death glare, then applauded them off
Login to get fewer ads

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 1829 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 28 by Northernr

I let out a v frustrated booo at full time today, two guys in front turned round and gave me the death glare, then applauded them off

Jesus wept.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:19 - Jan 28 with 1809 viewsRs_Holy

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:04 - Jan 28 by DieByYourSide

Caning the players again.

Needs a Summer, torch this whole squad, we have to be more like his Blackpool side and current Luton.

How many players in this squad think they're doing QPR a favour by being here? JCS, Willock, Roberts, Tim, we can't go on with these kind of players.

Get some hungry lads in who would kill to play for our club, even if they're lesser in technical ability.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 19:07]

Critchley is honest…. Way more honest than half the players
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 19:19]
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:32 - Jan 28 with 1702 viewsBushRanger82

We have too many fans accepting of these levels of performance.
Well, at least they have the club they deserve.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:33 - Jan 28 with 1692 viewsDixie_CT

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:19 - Jan 28 by Rs_Holy

It’s a bang on assessment for me.

Critchley isn’t the problem, it’s the heart of those players and the people who have put them there in the first place.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:38 - Jan 28 with 1665 viewsVancouverHoop

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:19 - Jan 28 by Rs_Holy

IIRC his time at Blackpool started in a similar fashion, but he managed to turn things around. Let's hope that pattern repeats.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 1645 viewsMedwayR

I think Critchley's opinion of the squad and some of the players is similar to ours. We need to get to the end of the season and see what he can do.

Poll: Who’s better?

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:41 - Jan 28 with 1628 viewsNorthernr

I’m surprised anybody thinks Critchley is much of a problem. These players don’t want to know, he’s only been here for the arrival of one of them.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:45 - Jan 28 with 1597 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:32 - Jan 28 by BushRanger82

We have too many fans accepting of these levels of performance.
Well, at least they have the club they deserve.

Yes, we should emulate the hundreds of other teams whose fans have booed them into success.
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:49 - Jan 28 with 1566 viewsNorthernr

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:45 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes, we should emulate the hundreds of other teams whose fans have booed them into success.

But, mate, sit through that and then give them a little clap at the end? What are we fcking doing?
Early Hull Match Thread on 19:51 - Jan 28 with 1547 viewsMedwayR

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:45 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Seems to work at Real Madrid, and what have we got to lose, nothing else has worked!

Poll: Who’s better?

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:57 - Jan 28 with 1525 viewsNorthernr

Look at some of these fcking numbers. 60 touches for the goalkeeper, 200 combined for the centre backs. Albert Adomah... 10.

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:58 - Jan 28 with 1511 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Early Hull Match Thread on 19:49 - Jan 28 by Northernr

But, mate, sit through that and then give them a little clap at the end? What are we fcking doing?

Yeah, wasn't aimed at you Norf. I get it.

Just puzzled at the attack on fans.

'Something must be done by these terrible fans accepting terrible standards' before slumping back down in the armchair.

Its all gesturing masked as support.
Early Hull Match Thread on 20:10 - Jan 28 with 1440 viewsbaz_qpr

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

I would respectfully disagree. He's League 1 at best, so every time you play him you're liable to concede because of him.....as has been evidenced recently.

I've been supportive of Kakay always but its true to say he cost us the points against Sheff Utd, then again against Swansea, and was clearly at fault for the 2nd goal today.

He also does not seem to be able to head a ball properly which really is a pre-requisite for a defender.

Dickie and Dunne as a partnership does not work, Dickie has been woeful this season and has gone backwards fast after not getting his move in the summer.

Paal aside Beales signings have failed to make an impact JCS looks decent but can't stay fit. Roberts I just dont think is the right fit. Richards is just not fit. Tim can be world class one minute, Sunday league the next.

Chair and Willock are having crisis of confidence.

Albert I'm afraid is done now

Dozzell is not going to make the grade and is too weak and a prime example of the mentality issue.

Johansson being injured for this whole period has not helped

Critchley however does have to take some blame here, he says today was not tactics, but in many ways I do think it is to some extent, we've switched to 4-2-3-1 maybe 4-4-2 today, we are playing two sitting midfielders, we left Stef on the bench.

Feels like a perfect storm, we now have Paal and Laird injured, Roberts injured again, and I'm pretty sure Chair pulled up as well

Squad is going to need urgent work in the summer, and its time to break it up and move on whoever we can
Early Hull Match Thread on 20:11 - Jan 28 with 1433 viewsNorthernr

Early Hull Match Thread on 20:10 - Jan 28 by baz_qpr

I've been supportive of Kakay always but its true to say he cost us the points against Sheff Utd, then again against Swansea, and was clearly at fault for the 2nd goal today.

He also does not seem to be able to head a ball properly which really is a pre-requisite for a defender.

Dickie and Dunne as a partnership does not work, Dickie has been woeful this season and has gone backwards fast after not getting his move in the summer.

Paal aside Beales signings have failed to make an impact JCS looks decent but can't stay fit. Roberts I just dont think is the right fit. Richards is just not fit. Tim can be world class one minute, Sunday league the next.

Dozzell is not going to make the grade and is too weak and a prime example of the mentality issue.

Critchley however does have to take some blame here, he says today was not tactics, but in many ways I do think it is to some extent, we've switched to 4-2-3-1 maybe 4-4-2 today, we are playing two sitting midfielders, we left Stef on the bench.

Feels like a perfect storm, we now have Paal and Laird injured, Roberts injured again, and I'm pretty sure Chair pulled up as well

Squad is going to need urgent work in the summer, and its time to break it up and move on whoever we can

Albert was done by the end of last season. Remember Sheff Utd away? My God. Two year extension.
Early Hull Match Thread (n/t) on 20:28 - Jan 28 with 1308 viewsjoe90

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:34 - Jan 28 by Toast_R

[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 21:38]
Early Hull Match Thread on 20:41 - Jan 28 with 1270 viewsjoolsyp

Early Hull Match Thread on 20:10 - Jan 28 by baz_qpr

When we played 5 in midfield (inc. two wing-backs) we at least attempted to link play between defence and the forward line. With 4 at the back inc. two central defenders who are hardly skilled in the art of playing out from the back (although Dickie used to - what happened?) plus a deep-lying Field and Tim I we have zero options, nobody showing for the ball and attempting to link the defence with attackers. Our lack of movement off the ball is absolutely criminal, compared to most teams in the Championship. The body language of some of those players today was pitiful. All teams have to do is high press us and we shit our pants. At least with Lyndon playing we have an option to go long but it's not pretty.

I don't know what the answer is. I'll back Critchley because the manager is clearly not the problem. Can we afford a clearout and to bring new players in? Wouldn't surprise me if we see one of Chair, Willock or Dieng leave in the next couple of days which might at least give Critchley/Belk/Les/whoever some options to bring one or two in? We're desperate for some leadership and athleticism (and a bit of nastiness) in the middle of the park.
Early Hull Match Thread on 20:44 - Jan 28 with 1256 viewsHOOPNO7

And that is why we are in the state we are, people are happy with mediocrity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024