Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wee jimmy krankie 08:15 - Dec 23 with 73830 viewsbritferry

I'm not a hypocrite, the English made me break my own rules, we demand another once in a lifetime vote

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

wee jimmy krankie on 14:45 - Nov 21 with 1569 viewspencoedjack

wee jimmy krankie on 14:37 - Nov 21 by Whiterockin

This has been a bug bare of mine for years. Why should someone paying for private health care still pay full into the government coffers. If there was a system in place where you had credits from the government towards your private health care, possibly more people would go private and take some pressure off the NHS.

Makes perfect sense to any normal person.

Obviously its not fair to pay more tax & then have to pay for private health care if you are rich.
wee jimmy krankie on 14:55 - Nov 21 with 1559 viewsWhiterockin

wee jimmy krankie on 14:45 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Makes perfect sense to any normal person.

Obviously its not fair to pay more tax & then have to pay for private health care if you are rich.

You don't have to be rich it can often come down to life choices. Similar to private education and further down the scale private tuition.
wee jimmy krankie on 15:16 - Nov 21 with 1537 viewsTogg

wee jimmy krankie on 14:22 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Obviously those rich people should then pay less tax as their not paying anything for required NHS treatment.

I would like to know what the criteria for rich is? £100k a year? Good money but certainly not rich. A stack of that you will be taxed on and then hypothetically, you would have to pay for your medical treatment. Will that include medical staff who work for the NHS?
So let's say you are a big earner of I don't know maybe £150k upwards. Well I would think most people who earn that type of clout will have medical insurance.
As another poster said. It can be a lifestyle choice. Some might put medical insurance before eating out, drinking, holidays etc.
wee jimmy krankie on 15:49 - Nov 21 with 1508 viewspencoedjack

wee jimmy krankie on 15:16 - Nov 21 by Togg

I would like to know what the criteria for rich is? £100k a year? Good money but certainly not rich. A stack of that you will be taxed on and then hypothetically, you would have to pay for your medical treatment. Will that include medical staff who work for the NHS?
So let's say you are a big earner of I don't know maybe £150k upwards. Well I would think most people who earn that type of clout will have medical insurance.
As another poster said. It can be a lifestyle choice. Some might put medical insurance before eating out, drinking, holidays etc.

I have private medical insurance as part of my job package & I am certainly not rich.

Maybe if rich surgeons worked more than 2 days a week (although they are paid for 5) for the NHS & done less private work we'd be in a better place.
wee jimmy krankie on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 1283 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The UK supreme Court rules against the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon.

It decided that a referendum can only held if agreed by the UK government.

They also rule their decision is based on international Law.

Perhaps the SNP will now concentrate on using their existing power for the benefit of the Scottish people.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

wee jimmy krankie on 10:26 - Nov 23 with 1265 viewsTogg

wee jimmy krankie on 10:03 - Nov 23 by felixstowe_jack

Perhaps the SNP will now concentrate on using their existing power for the benefit of the Scottish people.

They've had their referendum. It's not a best of three but do you know I'm getting to the point I don't give a damn .
If they go to their 'Utopian Independent Paradise' so what.. More money for Wales, England and Northern Ireland.
wee jimmy krankie on 10:32 - Nov 23 with 1254 viewsWhiterockin

Keep voting until you get the result you want is not how it works. Why not have a referendum on whether you should have a referendum. The majority of people I speak to in Scotland don't want one anyway.
wee jimmy krankie on 11:04 - Nov 23 with 1231 viewsDr_Winston

It's probably the worst outcome for Scotland.

Krankie has so singlemindedly pursued independence to the detriment of basically everything else that the Scottish Government is supposed to be managing that parts of Scotland are beginning to resemble Eastern Ukraine, only with fewer Russians.

Being told that she can't have a referendum next year has basically sentenced the Jocks to another couple of decades of this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

wee jimmy krankie on 11:34 - Nov 23 with 1217 viewsTogg

wee jimmy krankie on 10:32 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

Keep voting until you get the result you want is not how it works. Why not have a referendum on whether you should have a referendum. The majority of people I speak to in Scotland don't want one anyway.

Same in Wales. Very few interested in independence.
wee jimmy krankie on 11:39 - Nov 23 with 1207 viewsWhiterockin

wee jimmy krankie on 11:34 - Nov 23 by Togg

You often find that the minority who want change make the most noise and and when it comes down to it the silent majority vote against.
wee jimmy krankie on 11:59 - Nov 23 with 1187 viewsunion_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 11:39 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

You often find that the minority who want change make the most noise and and when it comes down to it the silent majority vote against.

The danger is complacency. If there’d been a better turnout for the devolution vote in 97 it would have gone a different way I believe. Too many couldn’t be bothered thinking it was a r@cing certainty it wouldn’t happen. And look at what did happ3n!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

wee jimmy krankie on 12:23 - Nov 23 with 1164 viewsraynor94

wee jimmy krankie on 11:39 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

Empty vessels spring to mind

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

wee jimmy krankie on 13:07 - Nov 23 with 1154 viewsWhiterockin

wee jimmy krankie on 12:23 - Nov 23 by raynor94

Empty vessels spring to mind

I was being polite.
wee jimmy krankie on 13:18 - Nov 23 with 1137 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 10:03 - Nov 23 by felixstowe_jack

As Comrade Nicola says, this ends any pretence of a voluntary union.

This is just the start, not the end. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤝🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

wee jimmy krankie on 13:20 - Nov 23 with 1133 viewsWhiterockin

wee jimmy krankie on 13:18 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

Come back when independence arrives.
wee jimmy krankie on 13:21 - Nov 23 with 1132 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

wee jimmy krankie on 11:04 - Nov 23 by Dr_Winston

It's probably the worst outcome for Scotland.

Krankie has so singlemindedly pursued independence to the detriment of basically everything else that the Scottish Government is supposed to be managing that parts of Scotland are beginning to resemble Eastern Ukraine, only with fewer Russians.

Being told that she can't have a referendum next year has basically sentenced the Jocks to another couple of decades of this.

You wonder how this will land in Scotland. The campaigning nationalists will make a lot of noise about self determination but I wonder if people will ask what all the focus and cost of pushing for a vote was for?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

wee jimmy krankie on 13:42 - Nov 23 with 1110 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The legal referendum they held less than ten years ago proved its a voluntary union.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

wee jimmy krankie on 13:43 - Nov 23 with 1109 viewsraynor94

Pity, we should have called her bluff

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

wee jimmy krankie on 14:00 - Nov 23 with 1086 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

wee jimmy krankie on 13:43 - Nov 23 by raynor94

Pity, we should have called her bluff

It’s funny that when the same court was ruling on things that stopped or delayed brexit Sturgeon and her cronies were in a state of jubilation. There was no talk about an affront against democracy or people having their voices silenced then despite it going against the result of a legal referendum.

wee jimmy krankie on 14:11 - Nov 23 with 1072 viewspencoedjack

wee jimmy krankie on 11:34 - Nov 23 by Togg

The 'yes Wales' stickers that youngsters put on sign posts in & around Bridgend are now having UJ's put on top of them.

About time Krankie & her party started to address the issues such as their appalling NHS record (only Wales is worse) & the highest drug deaths in Europe.
wee jimmy krankie on 15:03 - Nov 23 with 1045 viewsWhiterockin

wee jimmy krankie on 14:11 - Nov 23 by pencoedjack

The 'yes Wales' stickers that youngsters put on sign posts in & around Bridgend are now having UJ's put on top of them.

About time Krankie & her party started to address the issues such as their appalling NHS record (only Wales is worse) & the highest drug deaths in Europe.

Clearly she is hoping that the independence debate will keep the focus off Scotlands real problems. Incidently how would Scotland deal their problems more efficiently if independent.
wee jimmy krankie on 15:40 - Nov 23 with 1018 viewsbritferry

It most probably didn't come as a surprise and she already had plans laid out, the next GE will be big, if they win every seat (or close to) standing with the mandate of a vote, then they can't say NO to another "once in a lifetime" vote.

They currently have 48 of the 59 seats.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

wee jimmy krankie on 17:07 - Nov 23 with 992 viewsfelixstowe_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 15:40 - Nov 23 by britferry

It most probably didn't come as a surprise and she already had plans laid out, the next GE will be big, if they win every seat (or close to) standing with the mandate of a vote, then they can't say NO to another "once in a lifetime" vote.

They currently have 48 of the 59 seats.

They only got 45% of the votes in the 2019 General Election roughly the same as 44.7% who voted for independence in the 2014 referendum.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

wee jimmy krankie on 18:01 - Nov 23 with 961 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 11:59 - Nov 23 by union_jack

The danger is complacency. If there’d been a better turnout for the devolution vote in 97 it would have gone a different way I believe. Too many couldn’t be bothered thinking it was a r@cing certainty it wouldn’t happen. And look at what did happ3n!

I disagree. I think those who wanted indy turned out and the others were commpaclacent or apathetic.

it's just like in Wales, the hard core labour voters turn out for the Senedd elections but most people don't care, a fact I maintain proves we care more about the Union and westminster because of the turnout for the GE.

Regardless I say give them the vote, but this time put the caveat in and make the outcome very well known. If you lose no more referendum on it for 25 years. Then, so it's not all negativity and scare mongering, make the most positive case for voting remain that you can, tell them very loudly why they'd be better off in the Union.

To be honest, if they voted leave I wouldn't be too upset. At least then we'd know the truth in all the arguments because I do wonder (after reading John Langy's posts) if the rest of us are such a drain on England, why are they so keen to keep the Union going?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

wee jimmy krankie on 18:05 - Nov 23 with 956 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

wee jimmy krankie on 18:01 - Nov 23 by Catullus

I disagree. I think those who wanted indy turned out and the others were commpaclacent or apathetic.

it's just like in Wales, the hard core labour voters turn out for the Senedd elections but most people don't care, a fact I maintain proves we care more about the Union and westminster because of the turnout for the GE.

Regardless I say give them the vote, but this time put the caveat in and make the outcome very well known. If you lose no more referendum on it for 25 years. Then, so it's not all negativity and scare mongering, make the most positive case for voting remain that you can, tell them very loudly why they'd be better off in the Union.

To be honest, if they voted leave I wouldn't be too upset. At least then we'd know the truth in all the arguments because I do wonder (after reading John Langy's posts) if the rest of us are such a drain on England, why are they so keen to keep the Union going?

That caveat was agreed on for the first referendum but promptly ignored the day after the results.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024