Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury fan 16:15 - Feb 19 with 14024 viewsonedalefan

Just working in a pub in Bury. When guy sat at the bar found out I was a Dale fan, first thing he said 'at least we have won the FA cup more than you'!!
Bury fan on 22:27 - Feb 23 with 2192 viewsStranglers

More importantly, Agent Flitcroft is doing a fantastic job....

Just a blip yesterday.....Be back to normal, next game

RIP-Wurzel

Bury fan on 17:32 - Feb 24 with 2044 viewsPDIDDY

Bury fan on 21:55 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

I've read 'your' board. It appears they aren't rumours.

There was trouble but not in the Wimbledon bar, so don't listen to rumours, arrests, car hit a bury fan and broken bones a plenty, away days ;)

Gissa job

Bury fan on 17:46 - Feb 24 with 2030 viewsShakersforever

Are people really debating about who has the better town centre?

You cannot fathom the enormity of the fcuks that one does not give about who has the better town bleedin' centre!

Christ on a bike folks!

There is a relatively 'new' bar in Bury called the Monkey Bar. Being in there is an experience in itself, like walking back in time!

In addition, Bury fans seem to have engaged in more football snobbery and crowd tw@ttery in recent times than even I thought was possible!

I can't wait for our game, how exceedingly rude of the Sky Sports Queefs interfering with a planned Saturday drinking day!

BTW I never thought I'd ever see Clive Tw@tt in a Bury shirt!
Bury fan on 19:26 - Feb 24 with 1944 viewsdingdangblue

Bury fan on 17:46 - Feb 24 by Shakersforever

You cannot fathom the enormity of the fcuks that one does not give about who has the better town bleedin' centre!

Christ on a bike folks!

There is a relatively 'new' bar in Bury called the Monkey Bar. Being in there is an experience in itself, like walking back in time!

In addition, Bury fans seem to have engaged in more football snobbery and crowd tw@ttery in recent times than even I thought was possible!

I can't wait for our game, how exceedingly rude of the Sky Sports Queefs interfering with a planned Saturday drinking day!

And what's Clive Platt ever done to upset anyone?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bury fan on 19:41 - Feb 24 with 1927 viewsdownunder

Christ on a bike folks!

"what do you guys think of The Rock?? you must have been enough times now.. " Robshaker.
So a bucket started it. Nothing wrong about it tbf. Talk about anything on here.
What do you think about your teams income stream next year?
Bury fan on 19:46 - Feb 24 with 1913 viewsShakersforever

Bury fan on 19:26 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

I actually quite like him, he offers something different and wins every header. Holds the ball up well and is great for the last 15 minutes. I am just incredibly simple and change names around to amuse me!
Bury fan on 19:48 - Feb 24 with 1911 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bury fan on 19:46 - Feb 24 by Shakersforever

I actually quite like him, he offers something different and wins every header. Holds the ball up well and is great for the last 15 minutes. I am just incredibly simple and change names around to amuse me!

Bashfully Crimes
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 19:49]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bury fan on 19:58 - Feb 24 with 1897 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 17:32 - Feb 24 by PDIDDY

There was trouble but not in the Wimbledon bar, so don't listen to rumours, arrests, car hit a bury fan and broken bones a plenty, away days ;)

Right.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Bury fan on 20:12 - Feb 24 with 1882 viewsShakersforever

I have many fond, vague memories of vomming all over Blind Tiger toilets following an infamous dick-kicker shot or two. Now that Sol has closed, It's mainly bars, not really any real clubs! The new one, GCHQ is one for the Jimmy Savilles, it's full of kids.

What is the nightlife like in Rochdale? I've never stepped afoot in a Rochdale club. I've valued my life to highly :)!
Bury fan on 20:12 - Feb 24 with 1881 viewsDale23years

Bury fan on 17:32 - Feb 24 by PDIDDY

sad tw ats ,only brave in groups

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Bury fan on 20:16 - Feb 24 with 1878 viewsShakersforever

A Bury fan did get run over too! The picture of him in the ambulance was plastered on Faceybook.

From what I've been told, It did royally kick off!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 20:18]
Bury fan on 20:20 - Feb 24 with 1864 viewsPDIDDY

Bury fan on 20:12 - Feb 24 by Dale23years

sad tw ats ,only brave in groups

Totally agree, how many taxis popped up to norden to beat up the stragglers? All them taxis , GROUP booking.

Gissa job

Bury fan on 20:29 - Feb 24 with 1853 viewsDale23years

Bury fan on 20:20 - Feb 24 by PDIDDY

Totally agree, how many taxis popped up to norden to beat up the stragglers? All them taxis , GROUP booking.

same old bury living in the past, your firm are cowards end off they bottle it when toe to toe ( infact all firms like that) they need to stop hanging on to the 80/90s its sooooo sad

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Bury fan on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 1786 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Christ on a bike folks!

Your worries are over Shakersfornever,apparently.......that little dwarf Phil Picken is back in business?

Watch em go!
Bury fan on 10:17 - Feb 25 with 1716 viewsShakersforever

Flickers is very complementary about Picken in his interviews, saying he is impressed with how hard he has worked. He has apparently played a couple of friendlies against Curzon Ashton and Accrington.

Can't say his imminent return is filling me with excitement but he's fairly solid. I doubt he will be playing against you lot though.

Jean Louise Asbo Asbo looks threatening, direct and fast, scares defenders ... but .... can't ... score. His career goalscoring record also shows this. Can't wait for him to score a hat-trick now against you!

I have gracefully tweaked the nipples of the football gods.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 10:18]
Bury fan on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 1710 viewsShakersforever

As long as we stay within our means then I am content, because we have the second best manager in the league ... behind t'hill! I am fairly sure we will mount a play off push next year, hopefully you barstewards are in the same league! It hasn't escaped me that we have managed to write off a lot of contracts ... that does not come cheap! This suggests T'day is taking risks for Flitcroft. Obviously, I hope these are calculated and we don't end up in the s.h.i.t in a few years time because of it.

The money spent by the Rodent for our promotion push nearly put us out of business. We must never repeat!
Bury fan on 10:48 - Feb 25 with 1690 viewssandylaner1

Bury fan on 10:23 - Feb 25 by Shakersforever

As long as we stay within our means then I am content, because we have the second best manager in the league ... behind t'hill! I am fairly sure we will mount a play off push next year, hopefully you barstewards are in the same league! It hasn't escaped me that we have managed to write off a lot of contracts ... that does not come cheap! This suggests T'day is taking risks for Flitcroft. Obviously, I hope these are calculated and we don't end up in the s.h.i.t in a few years time because of it.

The money spent by the Rodent for our promotion push nearly put us out of business. We must never repeat!

Bury fan on 09:30 - Feb 27 with 1566 viewsParkinsGimp

Bury fan on 19:26 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

He was a poor player who didnt score many goals apart from his loan period up to when he got a contract.
I was very disappointed in his game against Wolves in the cup when he should of gone out there all guns blazing and shown his home town team what a player he could be, instead he was nowhere to be seen, thought he might of put himself in the shop window since he was leaving end of season.
Has he ever scored more than 10 goals in a season for any club hes played for, sure he didnt for us?
Bury fan on 09:51 - Feb 27 with 1548 viewsBarryStrange

Bury fan on 10:23 - Feb 25 by Shakersforever

I completely agree with you to be honest. Something of the risk you mention MC Day and his Band of Brothers taking on Flitcroft and backing his judgment had to happen. The side Flitcroft inherited was going down - it was awful. And furthermore if we were to vacate the FL I would see the future as very much more Stockport than Doncaster.

However, like everyone else (should be at least) I am tempering any major excitement about recent on-field recovery until we have seen a balance sheet for the year. Fact is we have built two teams this season and paid up quite a few contracts. Some of these, like Harrad, will have been relatively cheap on the "we'll give you this and we've lined up a move to Alfreton who will pay you a signing-on fee; or you can stay at Bury, not play, lose fitness and take your chances in the summer" sort of level Some will have been cheap because they weren't paid that much - Rooney, Navas etc. Some, like Edgenguele, came with a pedigree but turned out to be garbage. These will have been the problem.

Sadly there is some inclination to ignore the fact that all of this will have had to be paid for among our own fanbase; a belief that "of well Day is probably paying for it". There is, however, no evidence of that. The JD deal is great but we don't know how big it is and it is that kind of silence that worries me.
Bury fan on 10:16 - Feb 27 with 1536 viewsdingdangblue

Bury fan on 09:30 - Feb 27 by ParkinsGimp

He was a poor player who didnt score many goals apart from his loan period up to when he got a contract.
I was very disappointed in his game against Wolves in the cup when he should of gone out there all guns blazing and shown his home town team what a player he could be, instead he was nowhere to be seen, thought he might of put himself in the shop window since he was leaving end of season.
Has he ever scored more than 10 goals in a season for any club hes played for, sure he didnt for us?

Well he wouldn't make my list of worst forwards we've had. We missed him badly in the 2nd play off game v Rushden. Not a prolific scorer by any means but did a decent job as a target man.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Bury fan on 10:53 - Feb 27 with 1507 viewsnordenblue

Bury fan on 10:17 - Feb 25 by Shakersforever

Flickers is very complementary about Picken in his interviews, saying he is impressed with how hard he has worked. He has apparently played a couple of friendlies against Curzon Ashton and Accrington.

Can't say his imminent return is filling me with excitement but he's fairly solid. I doubt he will be playing against you lot though.

Jean Louise Asbo Asbo looks threatening, direct and fast, scares defenders ... but .... can't ... score. His career goalscoring record also shows this. Can't wait for him to score a hat-trick now against you!

I have gracefully tweaked the nipples of the football gods.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 10:18]

Akpro is a belting weapon to use but not to rely on for 20 goals a season,his problems arise when he has time to think or given too many options his finishing is pants but if he shoots from instinct hes class.A good honest pro when at Dale and he could never be accused of not trying.Id have him in the side above a Grimes any day of the week
Bury fan on 12:13 - Feb 27 with 1462 viewsdingdangblue

Bury fan on 10:53 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

Akpro is a belting weapon to use but not to rely on for 20 goals a season,his problems arise when he has time to think or given too many options his finishing is pants but if he shoots from instinct hes class.A good honest pro when at Dale and he could never be accused of not trying.Id have him in the side above a Grimes any day of the week

Scott Hogan looks threatening, direct and fast, scares defenders ... but .... can........Score.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024