Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury fan 16:15 - Feb 19 with 14013 viewsonedalefan

Just working in a pub in Bury. When guy sat at the bar found out I was a Dale fan, first thing he said 'at least we have won the FA cup more than you'!!
Bury fan on 21:08 - Feb 20 with 2517 viewsDaley_Lama

Why do all the pubs in bury seem to be United pubs?

Arf arf and ARF some more!

'History is only the register of crimes and misfortunes' - Voltaire. Sums bury up to a tee.

Poll: DF in or out

Bury fan on 22:19 - Feb 20 with 2455 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 19:14 - Feb 19 by robshaker

Bury have won more league titles than you also, last one being 1997 and one I have witnessed and enjoyed, also enjoyed the following seasons in the what is now 'Championship' beating the likes of City at Maine Road.

Bury have also won more promotions than you, I have celebrated 4 including the title won above.

Bury also have a longer history (1885) than you, hold records such as the only club in the country to have scored over 1000 goals in all 4 tiers...etc etc

**Bigger crowd at Accy last night than at yours but I see its been brushed under the carpet....not surprised tho.

"this famous old club"

Hey rob, if we get promotion, are you coming to our party again?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury fan on 22:23 - Feb 20 with 2439 viewsR17ALE

Bury fan on 20:36 - Feb 20 by pnc4eva1

1. Bradford are in a different league. Compared to many teams i that division they are not wealthy due to their ;ow admission and season ticket prices.
2. Haven't Portsmouth been in administration several times and are still struggling to pay off debts.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but if not paying your bills and going into administration means wealthy then you are correct Bury must be loaded too. After all at the end of last season didn't Mr Day rescue a broke club. Yes you are now rich but at the rate of wage spending and pay offs Mr Day may soon have to finance the mortgage another way....by getting lots of other people to pay mortgages

Taking your point 1, as a recipe for disaster (which it might not be), there is a club in our Division, also beginning with 'b' who pursued the same economics.

We know, as the salad dodger told us, that this policy has reduced match day income to £8000.

This will produce an income of around £3000 per week once Vat is deducted. A club of our size costs at least £25,000 per week to run. Questions need to be asked, but the buckets won't, they'll scorn our fag packet maths as obsessional.

The annual shortfall is around £1.15m, minus the mortgage and the JD money and nobody knows those amounts.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bury fan on 22:28 - Feb 20 with 2431 viewsroccydaleian

Bury fan on 22:19 - Feb 20 by TVOS1907

Hey rob, if we get promotion, are you coming to our party again?

If it happens, and Rob attends, lets hope the venue has plastic drinking vessels.
Bury fan on 22:43 - Feb 20 with 2416 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 22:28 - Feb 20 by roccydaleian

If it happens, and Rob attends, lets hope the venue has plastic drinking vessels.

It won't be in the Exchange; that's only big enough for a Hornets promotion party.

Unless the largest Spotland attendance EVER turns up to another rugby match.

Bury fan on 22:55 - Feb 20 with 2401 viewsClivert

You heard of 'Online Shopping' rob?

That's the future, not white elephant shopping centres.
Bury fan on 19:03 - Feb 21 with 2238 viewsrobshaker

always in our shadow town and football club..
Bury fan on 19:11 - Feb 21 with 2223 viewszxcvbnm

The problem is rob, bury are badly managed and a crisis club off the pitch

Season ticket money spent, large wages being paid for from…

Unless of course Mr Day has handed the gigg over to JD sports or JD sports have taken over the mortgage -

Just face it rob, the cracks are visible to everyone bar the giggle fans

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Bury fan on 19:53 - Feb 21 with 2198 viewsnordenblue

Bury fan on 19:11 - Feb 21 by zxcvbnm

The problem is rob, bury are badly managed and a crisis club off the pitch

Season ticket money spent, large wages being paid for from…

Unless of course Mr Day has handed the gigg over to JD sports or JD sports have taken over the mortgage -

Just face it rob, the cracks are visible to everyone bar the giggle fans

Dont shatter the poor lads dreams,he like most bury fans are living in decades gone by,he still thinks a team theyve not played forever and a day still class bury as a bitter rival.Having played leagues above bury since the invention of the wheel im sure they are pretty jealous and hate their "rivals" still
Bury fan on 20:12 - Feb 21 with 2175 views49thseason

I presume our resident bURY WUMs are attempting to try and badger us into making our annual donation to their coffers rather than watch the match at the pub.
My personal view is that it is the duty of each and every Dale fan to deny the bucket rattlers £20 or so and spend the money in Rochdale. This will achieve several highly acceptable outcomes: a) Hilly will not be able to detect our anxiety b) no one will be attempting to over-rule the management and tell the players where to kick the ball. c) A large social housing project in the centre of bURY will be several thousands of pounds closer to reality. d) Your local Sky pub will appreciate your money more than the battery chuckers will ever do. e) The inevitable huge GM Police bill will be crippling for the home club without the benefit of away fan's money to pay for it and another home game will pass without profit .. oh dear how sad .
Bury fan on 20:24 - Feb 21 with 2164 viewspnc4eva1

The Rock is nice little precinct but will still be being paid for when it is no longer profitable.

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of urban affairs knows that Bury has a 'knowledge drain' that sees it's inhabitants with any sense leaving (check Government figures). Admittedly there are several places in Rochdale where a knowledge gain could be an advantage.

Also Rob would like to know how many of the borough's secondary schools showed a negative increase in attainment this year.

Neither Rochdale or Bury can boast about being the dog's nuts as both are poo holes

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Bury fan on 22:57 - Feb 22 with 2048 viewszxcvbnm

I've worked out why bury think their going up

Keith Maddock

"We are only down there cos we've not played 15 games! We've another 25 to play! Saturday Tuesday" Danny Mayor

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Bury fan on 01:12 - Feb 23 with 1976 viewsTVOS1907

Rumour has it some nice bury fans caused a bit of aggro in the club bar at Wimbledon today.

Bury fan on 03:37 - Feb 23 with 1945 viewsJumeirahDale

"We've got some unbelievable tools in this squad"

David Flitcroft - 22.2.2014
Bury fan on 11:42 - Feb 23 with 1786 viewsPDIDDY

Bury fan on 01:12 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

Rumour has it some nice bury fans caused a bit of aggro in the club bar at Wimbledon today.

There you go rumour as it, not anywhere nr the club bar as you put it.

Gissa job

Bury fan on 11:55 - Feb 23 with 1771 viewsSuddenLad

Bury fan on 03:37 - Feb 23 by JumeirahDale

"We've got some unbelievable tools in this squad"

David Flitcroft - 22.2.2014

Yes. We know a few of them !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury fan on 14:27 - Feb 23 with 1691 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 11:42 - Feb 23 by PDIDDY

There you go rumour as it, not anywhere nr the club bar as you put it.

Tell us more.

Bury fan on 14:36 - Feb 23 with 1676 viewsgigger

Bury fan on 14:27 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

Tell us more.

Wimbledon and fc united caused a bit of bother at gigg so it was a touch hostile yesterday. A lot more bury than usual went yesterday and I think the womble youth expected to pick off a few on there own. Uncle Bulgaria got a fat lip and orinoko got flattened..

What's happened to kel ???

Bury fan on 14:38 - Feb 23 with 1670 viewsmacro

Bury fan on 14:36 - Feb 23 by gigger

Wimbledon and fc united caused a bit of bother at gigg so it was a touch hostile yesterday. A lot more bury than usual went yesterday and I think the womble youth expected to pick off a few on there own. Uncle Bulgaria got a fat lip and orinoko got flattened..

Just sad then if that's how the giggle youth get their kicks
Bury fan on 14:39 - Feb 23 with 1668 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 14:36 - Feb 23 by gigger

Ace, must make you really proud.

Bury fan on 15:23 - Feb 23 with 1627 viewsgigger

Bury fan on 14:39 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

Ace, must make you really proud.

Didn't say I was proud, you wanted to know I told you.
Better than listening to rumours.

What's happened to kel ???

Bury fan on 15:27 - Feb 23 with 1622 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 15:23 - Feb 23 by gigger

Didn't say I was proud, you wanted to know I told you.
Better than listening to rumours.

Cheers.

Funny how you know all about it though.

Bury fan on 15:39 - Feb 23 with 1607 viewsSuddenLad

Bury fan on 14:38 - Feb 23 by macro

Just sad then if that's how the giggle youth get their kicks

They'll be stocking up on batteries and sharpened coins as we speak ready for March 7th.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury fan on 20:55 - Feb 23 with 1517 viewsPDIDDY

Bury fan on 14:27 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

Tell us more.

Don't listen to rumours tv

Gissa job

Bury fan on 21:55 - Feb 23 with 1460 viewsTVOS1907

Bury fan on 20:55 - Feb 23 by PDIDDY

Don't listen to rumours tv

I've read 'your' board. It appears they aren't rumours.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024