Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread 09:20 - Mar 7 with 15379 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57231/will-enforced-chan

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57236/swansea-city-v-ful

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Korey Smith, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Kyle Joseph, Joel Latibeaudiere, Finley Burns, Cameron Congreve.

Fulham: Marek Rodak; Harrison Reed, Neeskens Kebano, Harry Wilson, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Tim Ream (captain), Tosin Aderabioyo, Neco Williams, Jean Michael Seri, Fabio Carvalho, Antonee Robinson.

Substitutes: Paulo Gazzaniga. Kenny Tete, Michael Hector, Tom Cairney, Nathaniel Chalobah, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Ivan Cavaleiro.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:53 - Mar 8 with 1526 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Mar 8 by magicdaps10

Didn't expect much from tonight.
From the kick off up until the sending off I thought we could get something from the game.

Manning spoilt it all with a stupid challenge, no excuse for that... Dont understand what he was thinking.

Can't go down to 10 against a team like Fulham, machine of a team.

Wipe this and push on to the next one.

We agree for once.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 8 with 1519 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Mar 8 by onehunglow

Cabango often the scapegoat.Cant think why
Fisher is the single most cowardly keeper we have had and I feel for anyone in front of him.
Hire offers them nothing .

About 20 mins ago we saw why,Fisher refusing to come off his line and Cabango making a deciion to boot the ball clear.

This is what a keeper should be doing

There’s a core who blame Cabango for everything.
On Saturday a bloke in front of me was ripping into Cabango every time Christie made a mistake!
Go figure.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Mar 8 with 1418 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 8 by Badlands

There’s a core who blame Cabango for everything.
On Saturday a bloke in front of me was ripping into Cabango every time Christie made a mistake!
Go figure.

Just read through the match thread and it's the usual blaming their usual scapegoat.

Let's put it into reality here, Manning makes a challenge in an area of the pitch he doesn't need to make it.... I am constantly telling my 7yr old to stay in his feet when he is playing! Up until the red card we were giving them a game, we were not creating anything but we were showing glimpses against the team who are top of the table......The red and it was the correct call killed us.

No doubt Martin will not be happy with Manning and it now gives him a dilemma in who steps in to replace him for the time he is out.

We can't judge anyone other than Manning tonight, no way when we go down to 10 do we have anything other than a defeat. Fulham have been scoring for fun so conceding 5 with 10 men will be seen as a good outcome by some.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Mar 8 with 1378 viewsKeithHaynes

The fraud won this, no longer a contest once his influence took over.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Mar 8 with 1337 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Mar 8 by KeithHaynes

The fraud won this, no longer a contest once his influence took over.

It was a clear red, he must have had a superb view to call it.

I was Suprised when it was given and the speed of the card coming out felt like he was in a rush to give it but it was definetly a red. Martin will watch the replay back and he will realise that it was the correct call.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Mar 8 with 1307 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Mar 8 by magicdaps10

It was a clear red, he must have had a superb view to call it.

I was Suprised when it was given and the speed of the card coming out felt like he was in a rush to give it but it was definetly a red. Martin will watch the replay back and he will realise that it was the correct call.

Red all day long,dangerous ,not in control and swathed his calf nowhere near the ball,should be fined 2 weeks wages stupid and no need to make it,he should be disciplined fir that in house..
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Mar 8 with 1287 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Mar 8 by angryjack

Red all day long,dangerous ,not in control and swathed his calf nowhere near the ball,should be fined 2 weeks wages stupid and no need to make it,he should be disciplined fir that in house..

We have been on the wrong end of plenty of decisions this season, we have had red cards undeserved, penalties clear as day not given and I can think of the Lansbury kick away to Luton BUT tonight was a clear red.

Manning will be disciplined for sure.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Mar 8 with 1214 viewsTreforys_Jack

Thought we were excellent for 45mins, and Fulham didn't look like threatening. Manning needs fining, a needless challenge in that area. I assume Fisher and Cabango got blamed for everything again ? Very predictable.
Last thing our players needed tonight was a strength sapping run around for 45mins with a man down against a team like Fulham, but we can definitely take heart from the first 45mins.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:40 - Mar 8 with 1193 viewsChief

Definite red, we are appealing it apparently but probably out of hope rather than expectation as its a 4 game ban.

Silly needless challenge that cost us - we matched then until then, was one of the best halves of the season, against a very decent team.

Just need to put it behind us now&hope it doesn't let it affect us too much and we approach Saturday in the same fashion we started tonight.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Mar 8 with 1178 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:40 - Mar 8 by Chief

Definite red, we are appealing it apparently but probably out of hope rather than expectation as its a 4 game ban.

Silly needless challenge that cost us - we matched then until then, was one of the best halves of the season, against a very decent team.

Just need to put it behind us now&hope it doesn't let it affect us too much and we approach Saturday in the same fashion we started tonight.

Think Martin's still a little wound up, once he calms down he's got to realise there's no way that gets overturned, and probably gets Manning another game suspension for frivolous appeal.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:43 - Mar 8 with 1171 viewsmagicdaps10

Suprised they are appealing it but probably more in hope as said.

Going forward it's Cabango, Naughton and AN OTHER.
Not confident in Bennett and Burns personally, would go with Joel L with the options available.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Mar 8 with 1131 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Mar 8 by Treforys_Jack

Thought we were excellent for 45mins, and Fulham didn't look like threatening. Manning needs fining, a needless challenge in that area. I assume Fisher and Cabango got blamed for everything again ? Very predictable.
Last thing our players needed tonight was a strength sapping run around for 45mins with a man down against a team like Fulham, but we can definitely take heart from the first 45mins.

Basically this. Red card changed the game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Mar 8 with 1105 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:43 - Mar 8 by magicdaps10

Suprised they are appealing it but probably more in hope as said.

Going forward it's Cabango, Naughton and AN OTHER.
Not confident in Bennett and Burns personally, would go with Joel L with the options available.

If the swans appeal, they should do so with full belief it was an incorrect decision.
Yes a foul, not a red card.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:54 - Mar 8 with 1085 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Mar 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I thought ''red'' immediately.

Don't think we will be appealing that one mate.

Apparently we are.
Otherwise he is banned for 4 games

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:55 - Mar 8 with 1081 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 8 by onehunglow

Any team below can easily beat us.

Manning has not cost us this game although Martin will have his excuse.

We have been utterly stupid

‘Manning has not cost us the game’

Who did then….Dennis Compton?
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:56 - Mar 8 with 1080 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Mar 8 by KeithHaynes

If the swans appeal, they should do so with full belief it was an incorrect decision.
Yes a foul, not a red card.

I've not seen it back and it was the other side of the pitch, so can't really comment other than it looked a little reckless and the ref couldn't wait to get the red card out, which seems to happen to us a lot.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:05 - Mar 8 with 1046 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:55 - Mar 8 by lifelong

‘Manning has not cost us the game’

Who did then….Dennis Compton?

Please tell me didn't he really say that ?
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Mar 8 with 1027 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:56 - Mar 8 by Treforys_Jack

I've not seen it back and it was the other side of the pitch, so can't really comment other than it looked a little reckless and the ref couldn't wait to get the red card out, which seems to happen to us a lot.

Same as you I was opposite so couldn't see it, but saw it afterwards it looked nasty.
Ref had his card out almost as he tackled him.
Shame as it spoilt what was shaping up to be a good game.
Opening of the second half bad mistake by Fisher, followed closely by disappointing own goal and it was damage limitation.
Sadly we didn't limit it.
Sending off and sloppy play for goals 1,2 and 4 made them look like Brazil.
Had we carried and as we were in the first half and no sending off, we could have had at least a draw

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Mar 8 with 1027 viewscontroversial_jack

The red card changed the game and condemned us to lose, but it doesn't explain a 5 -1 capitulation
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:17 - Mar 8 with 1015 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Mar 8 by controversial_jack

The red card changed the game and condemned us to lose, but it doesn't explain a 5 -1 capitulation

The two awful goals early on knocked the stuffing out of us.
Then it was business as usual for Fulham.
Lucky it wasnt more TBH

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:19 - Mar 8 with 1007 viewsEagleEye

Manning is a loose cannon. Sent off against Blackburn, gifted a goal to Coventry just a few days ago. He didn’t need to make that challenge in that part of the pitch. We need better players if we ever hope to make a challenge in this division. He is consistently petulant & fouls so often because he is often out of position.

Ref didn’t waste any time thinking about it which suggested that he saw something that was impossible to see from the east stand. I just wonder would he have been so quick if it was a Fulham player who made that challenge ?

That said, the gutless capitulation in the second half is the worst that we have witnessed from any Swans side in the stadium. Totally unacceptable to concede a goal on average every 9 minutes in the second half, even with 10 men. Something is not right to just give up like that.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:23]
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Mar 8 with 1003 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Mar 8 by magicdaps10

Didn't expect much from tonight.
From the kick off up until the sending off I thought we could get something from the game.

Manning spoilt it all with a stupid challenge, no excuse for that... Dont understand what he was thinking.

Can't go down to 10 against a team like Fulham, machine of a team.

Wipe this and push on to the next one.

Was hoping for the best and the the first half exceeded my expectations.
After the sending off then the early goal, the second half matched my worst expectations
Move on to Saturday and Blackpool

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Mar 8 with 996 viewsmahoss

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Mar 8 by controversial_jack

I agree.
Teams get players sent off,it happens…….
But to concede 5 in 45 mins at home is pretty shocking by any standards.
We were all over the place,the 1st was laughable.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Mar 8 with 994 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:54 - Mar 8 by STID2017

Apparently we are.
Otherwise he is banned for 4 games

Crazy decision, I think you get added suspension for something deemed a frivolous appeal as it takes resources to review.

I would say this comes under that, I would hope wiser heads prevail and they don't.

Zero chance we will win.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:29 - Mar 8 with 970 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Mar 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Crazy decision, I think you get added suspension for something deemed a frivolous appeal as it takes resources to review.

I would say this comes under that, I would hope wiser heads prevail and they don't.

Zero chance we will win.

I watched it back and it looked as bad to me as it did from directly opposite it live ?
If that is the case then yes just take it on the chin.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024