Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 41363 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 09:56 - Oct 22 with 2772 viewswr72

Bony on 09:16 - Oct 22 by jruss1

Just a point on his ‘running around’. Danny Graham was quoted last season as saying the biggest difference under Laudrup was he instructed him to do less of it. That it was a waste of his energy and he should get involved at the right times. You’ll have to take my word for it because I’m too lazy to find the quotes but he said words to those affect. So

I’d say it’s fair Bony is playing to instruction on that part.

End of the day, he’ll be judged on goals. I do not feel he’s started enough games to be analysed so much at this point. But I suppose the fee dictates that a bit.

True,But we all knew what we were getting when we signed Bony.
Bony on 10:43 - Oct 22 with 2715 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bony on 09:16 - Oct 22 by jruss1

Just a point on his ‘running around’. Danny Graham was quoted last season as saying the biggest difference under Laudrup was he instructed him to do less of it. That it was a waste of his energy and he should get involved at the right times. You’ll have to take my word for it because I’m too lazy to find the quotes but he said words to those affect. So

I’d say it’s fair Bony is playing to instruction on that part.

End of the day, he’ll be judged on goals. I do not feel he’s started enough games to be analysed so much at this point. But I suppose the fee dictates that a bit.

Aye, remember Martinez saying much the same things about Jason Scotland in an attempt to educate some of our fans as to what he was trying to do.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony on 12:39 - Oct 22 with 2658 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 10:43 - Oct 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Aye, remember Martinez saying much the same things about Jason Scotland in an attempt to educate some of our fans as to what he was trying to do.

You can't educate pork as the saying goes...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 12:42 - Oct 22 with 2646 viewsjelly

Bony on 05:39 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

"We would have been better off putting in ned the blind donkey up front."

We tried that, and then sold him to Sunderland. Bony doesn't cover as much ground as Danny Graham did, but he intimidates defenders and has a powerful shot. His goals to games ratio is pretty good so far, even if most of them have come in Europa matches.

If Bony gets about 12 to 15 goals in Premier League matches in this first season, then that will be an OK performance. I think that he's got 2 goals from 8 matches so far (including one penalty) and he should get better as the season progresses.

But when are the commentators going to stop calling him "Bonnie" instead of "Boney" - it's not difficult ffs.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 5:43]

My post was in direct reply to the OP regarding Bony's performance on Saturday. I thought he was pants, the author thought he was great. It wasn't a critique of the players ability just his performance on Saturday. Apart from Leon I would suggest most of the team were crap on Saturday, especially the first half but hey, I don't start threads saying our players were great. Especially after that performance.
Bony on 14:03 - Oct 22 with 2587 viewsperchrockjack

phook,this ones gonna get pasting.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 14:08 - Oct 22 with 2586 viewsTom1912

I know Sunderland are rubbish but you don't win 4-0 in the Premier League with most your team playing crap, that's just laughable
Bony on 14:15 - Oct 22 with 2572 viewsperchrockjack

Sunderland could have had a goal maybe two but screwed them.
I m certain Laudrup stated the obvious at half time and a different team came out.
Poyet had clearly trained his team to time waste ,upset any pattern to the play and/or foul. It was truly pleasing to stuff a team like them.
If Newcastle take them apart his honeymoon will be very short

Bony on 14:17 - Oct 22 with 2567 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony on 14:03 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

phook,this ones gonna get pasting.

He's got previous...
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 14:47 - Oct 22 with 2537 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 12:42 - Oct 22 by jelly

My post was in direct reply to the OP regarding Bony's performance on Saturday. I thought he was pants, the author thought he was great. It wasn't a critique of the players ability just his performance on Saturday. Apart from Leon I would suggest most of the team were crap on Saturday, especially the first half but hey, I don't start threads saying our players were great. Especially after that performance.

That's the only reaction you can have to a post like that.
Bony on 14:57 - Oct 22 with 2521 viewsperchrockjack

Educating pork is a stupid concept and racist I think

Bony on 14:58 - Oct 22 with 2522 viewsshandyjack

Bony on 14:47 - Oct 22 by Jackbustard

That's the only reaction you can have to a post like that.

Won 4-0 and we are Crap, that is just priceless

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bony on 15:01 - Oct 22 with 2517 viewsUxbridge

Bony on 14:57 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Racist? Heh. Beyond parody.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony on 15:03 - Oct 22 with 2504 viewsperchrockjack

Is there a tongue in cheek smiley as I cant find one to fit.

Seemed less making the sign of the cross last Saturday too

Bony on 16:08 - Oct 22 with 2464 viewsUxbridge

Bony on 15:03 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Is there a tongue in cheek smiley as I cant find one to fit.

Seemed less making the sign of the cross last Saturday too

Tongue in cheek accusations of racism eh. Tut tut scouse ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 2387 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 12:42 - Oct 22 by jelly

http://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/premier-league-team-of-the-we

Crap you say?
Bony on 18:38 - Oct 22 with 2370 viewsmonmouth

Bony on 14:58 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

Won 4-0 and we are Crap, that is just priceless

At 0-0 at HT the resident tosspot in our section was giving it large how we are just garbage and not worth a light and how shelvey should replace JDG because Shelvey shoots and JDG will never shoot. I pointed out that JDG had come closest with a free kick and Mr Tosspot retorted just beautifully with hindsight, loud enough for everyone to get it "that was a dead ball though; the c**t never shoots in open play". Just priceless. He was really miserable to be proved an utter t**t even though we won. What a turd. I bet he posts on here. I hope so anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 2357 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 18:38 - Oct 22 by monmouth

At 0-0 at HT the resident tosspot in our section was giving it large how we are just garbage and not worth a light and how shelvey should replace JDG because Shelvey shoots and JDG will never shoot. I pointed out that JDG had come closest with a free kick and Mr Tosspot retorted just beautifully with hindsight, loud enough for everyone to get it "that was a dead ball though; the c**t never shoots in open play". Just priceless. He was really miserable to be proved an utter t**t even though we won. What a turd. I bet he posts on here. I hope so anyway.

I love I when that happens.

We've become good mates with the lads around us, and one of them knows his stuff but is very critical. On Saturday he was screaming for JDG to be taken off, he was mobbed from all angels when the goal went in and took no end of shit the rest of the game.
Bony on 20:52 - Oct 22 with 2303 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 14:57 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

I have to say I now refrain from using the proverb "pay peanuts" after "woygate"

Bony on 21:43 - Oct 22 with 2277 viewsMolliemick

A simple question: how long do we wait for him to show he is worth the £12 million+ transfer fee? He does less running than Vorm and is mostly ineffective.
Bony on 21:51 - Oct 22 with 2264 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 21:43 - Oct 22 by Molliemick

A simple question: how long do we wait for him to show he is worth the £12 million+ transfer fee? He does less running than Vorm and is mostly ineffective.

How many goals have we scored with him on the pitch?

How many have we scored without him off the pitch?

Thanks in advance

Bony on 22:12 - Oct 22 with 2247 viewsPlasticman

Bony on 21:51 - Oct 22 by waynekerr55

Thanks in advance

without him off the pitch?

That's a double negative...

*hides*

Plastic since 2012

Bony on 22:23 - Oct 22 with 2238 views2face

Bony on 21:43 - Oct 22 by Molliemick

He's scored 7 goals in 2½ months. If he keeps up that average, he'll end up with 28 goals this season.

How many goals should he score in a season to be deemed effective in your opinion? 30, 40, 50 goals?
Bony on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 2206 views2face

Bony on 21:51 - Oct 22 by waynekerr55

Thanks in advance

In the roughly 440 minutes we have played without Bony on the pitch, we have scored 4 goals. In the roughly 920 minutes we have played with Bony on the pitch, we have scored 23 goals.
Bony on 00:51 - Oct 23 with 2175 viewsyescomeon

Bony on 22:57 - Oct 22 by 2face

In the roughly 440 minutes we have played without Bony on the pitch, we have scored 4 goals. In the roughly 920 minutes we have played with Bony on the pitch, we have scored 23 goals.

Stating the obvious but it means more to me when presented in time between goals. So that's a goal every 110 mins without Bony or a goal every 40 mins with Bony. That's a hell of a difference.

Upthecity!

Bony on 07:54 - Oct 23 with 2112 viewsDr_Winston

I shouldn't be surprised that someone can genuinely believe that Bony is "ineffective", but some Swans fans are still capable of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024