Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden 21:04 - Oct 9 with 12256 viewsytt28

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 11:31 - Oct 10 with 2435 viewsrobith

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 11:30 - Oct 10 by Padulas_Shampoo

I was almost following... Then the Hogan tweet completely baffled me.

"It a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot, marks."

I can't even begin to comprehend that sentence!

Don't work yourself into a shoot brother
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 12:08 - Oct 10 with 2260 viewsstantheman10

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 10:05 - Oct 10 by mikeyhg

If the deal was 99% happening then wage agreements between the two clubs would have already been agreed, it just needed the final signature/green light from QPR.

99% done according to Hayden
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:08 - Oct 10 with 2040 viewsnick_hammersmith

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 12:08 - Oct 10 by stantheman10

99% done according to Hayden

I'm 99% sure Hayden didn't care how he got paid.
75% from NUFC and 25% from QPR?
But, I am certain he would have been after the amount per week that he is contracted for.

So, if the deal was anything other than QPR paying less than they are for Ashby then it was a bad deal.

Signing Hayden goes against everything that Nourry is trying to implement.
An older player on a big wage with no re-sale value.

Have we, the fans learnt nothing from the last twenty years?!!
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:19 - Oct 10 with 2002 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:08 - Oct 10 by nick_hammersmith

But, I am certain he would have been after the amount per week that he is contracted for.

So, if the deal was anything other than QPR paying less than they are for Ashby then it was a bad deal.

But Ashby is on loan with no resale value to us anyway. So his and Hayden’s ages are irrelevant.
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:38 - Oct 10 with 1932 viewsQPunkR

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:19 - Oct 10 by Padulas_Shampoo

But Ashby is on loan with no resale value to us anyway. So his and Hayden’s ages are irrelevant.

The age is irrelevant, the wage is not

QPR - "shit but local"

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:57 - Oct 10 with 1870 viewsLongRanger

I completely buy in to the idea of building a squad of players at the right age with resale value, but they can't all be and the others can and need to add value on the pitch. Cook has no resale value but is hugely valuable. A club like QPR needs a blend, as I said on another thread, Hayden would have been my first signing in the summer, it was clear how important he was to how we set up and grew last season. I think Dembele and Saito will both be very good, but I believe they need a Hayden to succeed and fulfil their future value.
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1839 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:38 - Oct 10 by QPunkR

The age is irrelevant, the wage is not

His point was Hayden is too old and goes against what Nourry is trying to do - Acquire players with resale value.

Signing other clubs' youngsters on loan, giving them game time, helping them develop before sending them back is no closer to that model than signing a 29 year midfielder.
[Post edited 10 Oct 14:14]
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:10 - Oct 10 with 1837 viewsTheChef

Yeah if only we'd got him back, we'd be top of the league!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:35 - Oct 10 with 1778 viewsnick_hammersmith

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:57 - Oct 10 by LongRanger

I completely buy in to the idea of building a squad of players at the right age with resale value, but they can't all be and the others can and need to add value on the pitch. Cook has no resale value but is hugely valuable. A club like QPR needs a blend, as I said on another thread, Hayden would have been my first signing in the summer, it was clear how important he was to how we set up and grew last season. I think Dembele and Saito will both be very good, but I believe they need a Hayden to succeed and fulfil their future value.

Cook, has been terrific, like Neilsen and various others before him. But, this was a signing from the previous administration,

I think you only need one or two figures like him in the dressing room,

I know Warnock did it, but building a whole team with the spine of experience, but him remit was promotion at all cost.
CN is trying to build a club that can wipe its own arse financially.
I don't think you can do that by spending £50k a week on a midfielder that no-one else took from NUFC in the summer, because his contract is so good
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:46 - Oct 10 with 1748 viewsLongRanger

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:35 - Oct 10 by nick_hammersmith

Cook, has been terrific, like Neilsen and various others before him. But, this was a signing from the previous administration,

I know Warnock did it, but building a whole team with the spine of experience, but him remit was promotion at all cost.
I don't think you can do that by spending £50k a week on a midfielder that no-one else took from NUFC in the summer, because his contract is so good

With only 1 or 2 you won't maximise the value from the players with potential. Look at Benfica and Dortmund, both have player income of €1bn in the last 10 years, by having a mix of exciting youth with potential to sell on, but also a core of experience, not just 1 or 2. To get consistent strong revenue from player sales, a club has to perform and have a stable core of experience, to allow these young assets to come and go out without massively impacting performance. To put 9 in as you're suggesting is playing a game of short term luck, its not building a long term strategy.
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 15:16 - Oct 10 with 1700 viewsdaveB

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 07:32 - Oct 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Wouldn't sign him on a permanent deal, but definitely worth getting on loan. Why another right back?

Love to know who's bright idea that was.

I do get the right back signing as if Dunne goes centre half we only have Santos but it certainly feels like a mistake
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 15:19 - Oct 10 with 1691 viewsdaveB

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:08 - Oct 10 by nick_hammersmith

Not every player has to have a resale value having someone like Hayden who makes the sellable assets around him look better is a good thing
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 15:32 - Oct 10 with 1661 viewskensalriser

Hayden's not getting 50k from anyone on a new deal, so it can't have been a choice between 50k or someone else.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 16:09 - Oct 10 with 1537 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 15:19 - Oct 10 by daveB

Not every player has to have a resale value having someone like Hayden who makes the sellable assets around him look better is a good thing

Plus....you win nothing with kids!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 1505 viewsBklynRanger

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 09:53 - Oct 10 by PlanetHonneywood

Given Kim Jung Nourry's secrecy policies, it would seem Hayden's failure to adhere to the Dear Leader's rules, will hardly endear him. If anything, I wonder of KJN will decide that this represents a clear case of a player displaying 'below the line of median control and thought bending' traits.

Kim Jong Nourry - love that! Think I'll use it from now on.

I like the idea of slightly over stating, but not by much, the oppressive totalitarianism. Suits us and the club.

But yeah, if we went for Ashby over Hayden we need our heads examined. All things being equal - though that is the part we don't know.
[Post edited 10 Oct 16:16]
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 16:48 - Oct 10 with 1352 viewsaston_hoop

Hayden is fine but it would be pointless suggesting he is the missing link right now. For all we know, he could go full Andersen or Johansen on us on return. Him being there isn't going to make us slicker with the ball or create more chances or score more goals. Not on his own anyway. I know its always tempting to believe that just one more player is going to make the difference but, for example, we were 3-0 up against Leeds when Hayden came on for 9 minutes. He wasn't the key component to the team. I do actually think he'd make a short term difference, how could he not compared to playing Madsen in a seemingly unfamiliar role. But long term, we need to be looking forward not backwards. The club knows this, that is why we spent the cash on Varane, why the teenager Kieran Morgan started for the first team in the friendly today. It is also why we are going to lose our share of games this season. So from me its a thank you to Hayden, he came in and performed well for us and was a part in our survival, but I also totally get why the club have moved on from him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:12 - Oct 10 with 1290 viewslassel

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 07:22 - Oct 10 by Northernr

Yeh bet the club are delighted we all know he was ready to come but we signed Harrison Ashby instead

Putting my head above the parapet to be told I’m wrong (again), as I said the other day when discussing the summer squad building, they signed Santos with the hope that Dunne would go back at CB and able to fill in at RB. Santos is clearly ‘one for the future’ so they had to go into the market again for another RB, which we got in Ashby for half a packet of polo’s thanks to Jamie Reuben.

Of course as it turns out he doesn’t really rate Ashby either but on paper it wasn’t a bad gamble - a RB who can go both ways was simply more important to MC than another CM. With hindsight maybe you’d take Hayden instead but obviously they didn’t foresee having Colback & Varane both unavailable.

With Ashby as well, he has no future at Newcastle so he’s someone we could make permanent pretty cheaply if he smashes it out of the park.
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:38 - Oct 10 with 1226 viewsnick_hammersmith

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 15:32 - Oct 10 by kensalriser

Hayden's not getting 50k from anyone on a new deal, so it can't have been a choice between 50k or someone else.

I think you've just explained why hes in Newcastle reserves until his current deal runs out
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:43 - Oct 10 with 1195 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 13:57 - Oct 10 by LongRanger

Sensible post - any successful team has a blend of young and old. Why do those on here who idealistically (and wrongly) insist every player who wears the Hoops has to be under 30, 'hungry', and economically exploitable as soon as possible not also attack Warnock for having the good sense to get Hill, Derry, Kenny, and Helgusson, one wonders (who were, individually and collectively, at least as crucial as Adel to our promo-winning season), or call Dave Sexton a mug for building his great side's defence around Webb and McLintock? You don't create a successful team on a balance sheet in any era. Obviously.

As was pointed out recently, statistically speaking, the most important player to us right now (through gritted dentition) is Jack Colback!
[Post edited 10 Oct 17:49]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:45 - Oct 10 with 1184 viewsstainrods_elbow

I hope Cifuentes is building a promotion team at all costs too! Or trying to, anyway.

Your post seems to completely overlook the point that, if we get promoted, we'll have by many millions of pounds the best chance (again!) to secure the club's financial future.
[Post edited 10 Oct 17:50]

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:47 - Oct 10 with 1179 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:08 - Oct 10 by Padulas_Shampoo

His point was Hayden is too old and goes against what Nourry is trying to do - Acquire players with resale value.

Signing other clubs' youngsters on loan, giving them game time, helping them develop before sending them back is no closer to that model than signing a 29 year midfielder.
[Post edited 10 Oct 14:14]

if the answer is that Hayden is too old at 29, the people asking the questions need to give their silly heads a wobble!

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:48 - Oct 10 with 1177 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 14:10 - Oct 10 by TheChef

Yeah if only we'd got him back, we'd be top of the league!!

We'd likely be a bit higher up it, I strongly suspect.

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:48 - Oct 10 with 1185 viewsBklynRanger

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:12 - Oct 10 by lassel

Putting my head above the parapet to be told I’m wrong (again), as I said the other day when discussing the summer squad building, they signed Santos with the hope that Dunne would go back at CB and able to fill in at RB. Santos is clearly ‘one for the future’ so they had to go into the market again for another RB, which we got in Ashby for half a packet of polo’s thanks to Jamie Reuben.

Of course as it turns out he doesn’t really rate Ashby either but on paper it wasn’t a bad gamble - a RB who can go both ways was simply more important to MC than another CM. With hindsight maybe you’d take Hayden instead but obviously they didn’t foresee having Colback & Varane both unavailable.

With Ashby as well, he has no future at Newcastle so he’s someone we could make permanent pretty cheaply if he smashes it out of the park.

That all makes sense, and good info, but Dunne as a CB in Marti's system has already been shown to not really work.

As I remember it (not always 100% reliably) he had a grim couple of months at CB, and the forced switch to RB was a bit of a rebirth. If they don't remember that I'd be slightly worried, and I do think we all seem to forget. For Marti's system I just don't see Jimmy as the right player beside Cook.

The other one is having Varane unavailable - he was, and still very much is, an unknown quantity. I think Varane needs to play in a stable mid table side for most of a season, and could turn into a real quality player. But in the current, struggling Championship side scenario, I worry he may head in the Dozzell direction of hiding and coasting/doing fcuk all for 41 games a league season (with 5 decent efforts when the stars aligned and his dad gave him a pre-match bollocking).

All of which says to me let's look at that important DM role and decide if there's enough there. The lack of which I continue to think speaks to Marti's philosophy, and the critique that your average layman, rightly or wrongly, could make of it - we need to be solid first.
Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:53 - Oct 10 with 1154 viewsstainrods_elbow

Once JCS, Ilias, and Colback are back to fitness and form, and, let's hope, stitch a few games together again, we'll have a much better idea of where things are at. But Marti and his players, whom he's always telling us he believes in even if we're not sure, needs to step up either way.

Hoopsa Interviews Isaac Hayden on 17:54 - Oct 10 with 1161 viewsaston_hoop

FWIW, regarding age, under Nourry we have signed Andersen, Frey and Nardi who are all 30. Its a bit unfair to say that we only sign youngsters under him. Added to Cook, Colback and Fox already in the squad, signing younger players makes sense to bring the age down a bit! Our starting line up against Wednesday earlier in the season had an average age of 28.1 - only 5 clubs have picked an older team this season - as opposed to top of the league Sunderland who regularly fluctuate between 22.8-23.5

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024