Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Florida is getting a pasting!! 19:10 - Oct 9 with 2653 viewsconnell10

Hopefully the casualty rates will be low!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 20:22 - Oct 9 with 2526 viewscolinallcars

Indeed….we moan about our weather but at least it's relatively safe.

Best wishes to them.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 20:46 - Oct 9 with 2470 viewscollegeranger

I am lucky enough to have a managed condo outside Fort Myers - Nearly finished the rebuild after Hurricane Ian, then we had 6ft storm surge with Hurricane Helene last week and now Milton will cause a lot of damage tomorrow.

I have a mate who lives permanently in St Pete and he said last night he is staying put ! I do hope everyone is OK and keeps safe.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 22:01 - Oct 9 with 2327 viewswombat

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 20:46 - Oct 9 by collegeranger

I am lucky enough to have a managed condo outside Fort Myers - Nearly finished the rebuild after Hurricane Ian, then we had 6ft storm surge with Hurricane Helene last week and now Milton will cause a lot of damage tomorrow.

I have a mate who lives permanently in St Pete and he said last night he is staying put ! I do hope everyone is OK and keeps safe.

Got friends who live in tampa , not heard anything. Since this morning from them , last I heard was they was hunkering down at there house ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 08:14 - Oct 10 with 2110 viewsstevec

Just watching a news item now. On the spot reporter telling us he’s knee deep in water and having to watch out for potential flying debris as he speaks.

On closer inspection, he’s standing knee deep in a sunken drain hole and the rain is coming down in an entirely vertical direction with no discernible wind gusts suggesting flying debris isn’t an imminent issue.

Perhaps any hyperbole from our news industry could be curtailed until after the event. If memory serves, in the distant past,I think that used to be the default position.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 08:35 - Oct 10 with 2070 viewsLandshark

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 20:22 - Oct 9 by colinallcars

Indeed….we moan about our weather but at least it's relatively safe.

Best wishes to them.

I've been to the US three times. On two of those occasions I experienced the worst weather I've ever seen. The worst was in Chicago, I was eating in a restaurant and after a while everyone in the restaurant had to take shelter in the kitchen, there were tornado sirens going off, the city ended getting quite flooded. The other time I was in a fast food restaurant somewhere in the Mid West, it rained so hard in a very short period of time that within 5-10 minutes it was ankle deep water inside the restaurant.

The Yanks like to say "it always rains in England" as a lazy stereotype, it might be somewhat true but at least our weather doesn't try to kill us (as much).

I'm perfectly happy being in a country where it doesn't get too cold, it doesn't get too hot and it doesn't try to blow my house down. We have bland weather (for now) and that's fine with me.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 08:40 - Oct 10 with 2058 viewsBluce_Ree

Landshark, re: "The Yanks like to say "it always rains in England" as a lazy stereotype, it might be somewhat true but at least our weather doesn't try to kill us (as much)."

I've been saying this for years but more often than not when we get a big weather incident, two people die. A tree will fall on someone and some guy will get trapped in a drain. It's weird how often it's two people.

As ever the dickhead contingent in America are claiming that Kamala Harris has engineered this hurricane to wipe out Trump voters in Florida. Rather than accept that it's just weather (or indeed some sort of act of their God smiting their dumb arses).

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 11:51 - Oct 10 with 1901 viewsconnell10

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 08:40 - Oct 10 by Bluce_Ree

Landshark, re: "The Yanks like to say "it always rains in England" as a lazy stereotype, it might be somewhat true but at least our weather doesn't try to kill us (as much)."

I've been saying this for years but more often than not when we get a big weather incident, two people die. A tree will fall on someone and some guy will get trapped in a drain. It's weird how often it's two people.

As ever the dickhead contingent in America are claiming that Kamala Harris has engineered this hurricane to wipe out Trump voters in Florida. Rather than accept that it's just weather (or indeed some sort of act of their God smiting their dumb arses).

Trump was last seen frantically trying to stick his syrup down with super glue

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 12:43 - Oct 10 with 1843 viewsLandshark

Isn't usually always that part of America that gets hit with the big hurricanes? Kamala has been engineering hurricanes for a long time then.

Trump voters are the kind that would stay behind despite being told to evacuate though so there might be some truth in it.
Login to get fewer ads

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:14 - Oct 10 with 1767 viewsCamberleyR

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 12:43 - Oct 10 by Landshark

Isn't usually always that part of America that gets hit with the big hurricanes? Kamala has been engineering hurricanes for a long time then.

Trump voters are the kind that would stay behind despite being told to evacuate though so there might be some truth in it.

That part of the world has a hurricane season every year that lasts for about six months from June until November with it peak being from August to about now.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:31 - Oct 10 with 1743 viewsPaddyhoops

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:14 - Oct 10 by CamberleyR

That part of the world has a hurricane season every year that lasts for about six months from June until November with it peak being from August to about now.

Hurricane force winds here in Knightsbridge according to BBC weather website.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:37 - Oct 10 with 1728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 08:14 - Oct 10 by stevec

Just watching a news item now. On the spot reporter telling us he’s knee deep in water and having to watch out for potential flying debris as he speaks.

On closer inspection, he’s standing knee deep in a sunken drain hole and the rain is coming down in an entirely vertical direction with no discernible wind gusts suggesting flying debris isn’t an imminent issue.

Perhaps any hyperbole from our news industry could be curtailed until after the event. If memory serves, in the distant past,I think that used to be the default position.

I'll never understand why they put those poor bastid reporters out in the hurricanes just to report for us.

Get inside! Look out the window and tell us what you see! We believe you!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:42 - Oct 10 with 1708 viewsJuzzie

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:31 - Oct 10 by Paddyhoops

Hurricane force winds here in Knightsbridge according to BBC weather website.

Same here in north London, 13,503mph winds.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:42 - Oct 10 with 1706 viewsconnell10

God will save them

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 1683 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I knew it would happen, but not this quickly - it took 7 or so posts on the first page of this before it turned into Trump/Trump supporter bashing. Some kind of record surely.

I pray everyone in Florida, red or blue, stays safe.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:12 - Oct 10 with 1632 viewsted_hendrix

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:37 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I'll never understand why they put those poor bastid reporters out in the hurricanes just to report for us.

Get inside! Look out the window and tell us what you see! We believe you!

Over dramatising what people already know and can see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:12 - Oct 10 with 1630 viewsBoston

That dickheadedness cuts both ways. Have you forgotten Dick Cheney's 'Halliburton Hurricane Machine' for Katrina in 2005?

What some(usually) immature individual spouts about weather conspiracies is not the issue, it's that an agency, purporting to be a reputable news source would even run with it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:14 - Oct 10 with 1625 viewsBoston

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:14 - Oct 10 by CamberleyR

November is the usual end of the hurricane season.

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:17 - Oct 10 with 1618 viewsBoston

The usual people who stay behind are those with the least resources to leave.

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:22 - Oct 10 with 1602 viewscolinallcars

Thankfully it seems the hurricane wasn't quite as bad as feared, although a terrible event nonetheless.

Warning issued to the UK, Hurricane Dozzell is due to hit the West London area on Saturday afternoon, October 19th.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:27 - Oct 10 with 1594 viewsBluce_Ree

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 13:50 - Oct 10 by Orthodox_Hoop

I knew it would happen, but not this quickly - it took 7 or so posts on the first page of this before it turned into Trump/Trump supporter bashing. Some kind of record surely.

I pray everyone in Florida, red or blue, stays safe.

My fault but, to be fair, this is the SIXTH STORY ON THE BEEB WEBSITE.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2lyzw7xwxo

So, it's not like I was just pulling it out of my arse, my man.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:27 - Oct 10 with 1594 viewsw7r

My old mans widow is in Orlando visiting her cousin, first holiday since he passed earlier this year, she was due to head back to the UK today.

Most recent WhatsApp I had from her last night was she said she's never been so scared and just wants to get back home, currently hunkered down in a substantial property as her cousins place is expected to get battered.

Thoughts are with everyone out there.
Florida is getting a pasting!! on 16:33 - Oct 10 with 1360 viewsBklynRanger

Florida is getting a pasting!! on 14:22 - Oct 10 by colinallcars

Thankfully it seems the hurricane wasn't quite as bad as feared, although a terrible event nonetheless.

Warning issued to the UK, Hurricane Dozzell is due to hit the West London area on Saturday afternoon, October 19th.

I think that's been downgraded to category ticklish
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024