Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you trust Williamsball ? 21:52 - Aug 10 with 5659 viewssw02sea

I’m not saying this after one game. Can’t say I was too enthused with it last season
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:01 - Aug 10 with 3194 viewsWhiterockin

I'll look at it 6 games after the window closes and see if we are improving. We have started the season under stocked with players in my opinion, plus we have a list of injuries. If he is given the tools and there is no improvement we can moan, until then it's wait and see.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 3139 viewsSullutaCreturned

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:01 - Aug 10 by Whiterockin

I'll look at it 6 games after the window closes and see if we are improving. We have started the season under stocked with players in my opinion, plus we have a list of injuries. If he is given the tools and there is no improvement we can moan, until then it's wait and see.

That is the problem, we have a thin squad and that shows when we have to start Abdullai, and out of position too.

My big complaint will be that Williams, just like previous managers, will be let down by the owners. Even sayong that, a good coach will use what he has to it's best advantage and not go down the square peg route or persist with a brand of football they don't have the players for..
Williams has been here 7 months now, he should know what he wants and needs but will the owners get near his need and desires?
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 3100 viewsSwans9

Rule 1 you not allowed to see what going on with owners and the optimism of having no shots. It should be if you care about club people listen sadly not case
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 3100 viewsmagicdaps10

Too early to call, we have lost a lot of players with only 4 coming in and with a handful of players injured.

Wait for the injured players and return and minimum of 4 new players to come in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 23:51 - Aug 10 with 2980 viewsFireboy2

To the OP FFS 🙄
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:31 - Aug 11 with 2696 viewsjack247

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:14 - Aug 10 by SullutaCreturned

That is the problem, we have a thin squad and that shows when we have to start Abdullai, and out of position too.

My big complaint will be that Williams, just like previous managers, will be let down by the owners. Even sayong that, a good coach will use what he has to it's best advantage and not go down the square peg route or persist with a brand of football they don't have the players for..
Williams has been here 7 months now, he should know what he wants and needs but will the owners get near his need and desires?

I actually think Abdulai will be a very good player for us. Centrally though. I’d start him ahead of Fulton when Ronald is fit.

Second paragraph, agree entirely with the let down by the owners bit. Playing style is a difficult one. I think he has the players to play the way he wants, but that relies on everyone being fit. If Vipotnik is injured, it doesn’t work. If Ronald or EOM are injured, we lose one of our two creative outlets and are easy to defend against. We’re one injury away from Naughton at CB.

He needs a similar playing style with tweaks to bring Cullen/Josh Thomas into the game if Vipotnik isn’t there. Cullen is swimming against the tide in that set up and I can’t see Thomas being much different.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:37 - Aug 11 with 2662 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:14 - Aug 10 by SullutaCreturned

And a coach improves players,or should do
[Post edited 11 Aug 8:56]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:44 - Aug 11 with 2634 viewsDr_Winston

Cullen swims against the tide in any setup. He's just not very good. We know that. He's been demonstrating it for the last two or three years. So why persist with someone who isn't up to the job instead of trying other options? Kyrell Wilson has been tearing it up in the u21's. We have absolutely nothing to lose by giving him a chance considering how little we gain from Cullen.

Again we see him go back to the Grimes/Fulton option as if last season didn't make it abundantly clear how bad an idea that is. If he is compared to Martin, he's not doing himself many favours by copying RM's habit of making the same poor choices over and over and over again and expecting different outcomes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:53 - Aug 11 with 2575 viewsjack247

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:44 - Aug 11 by Dr_Winston

Cullen swims against the tide in any setup. He's just not very good. We know that. He's been demonstrating it for the last two or three years. So why persist with someone who isn't up to the job instead of trying other options? Kyrell Wilson has been tearing it up in the u21's. We have absolutely nothing to lose by giving him a chance considering how little we gain from Cullen.

Again we see him go back to the Grimes/Fulton option as if last season didn't make it abundantly clear how bad an idea that is. If he is compared to Martin, he's not doing himself many favours by copying RM's habit of making the same poor choices over and over and over again and expecting different outcomes.

And this is what we’ve been reduced to - let’s try someone the vast majority of us have never seen play, because how bad can he be?

Williams has shown he’s quite happy to blood young players if he thinks they are good enough. Govea. Parker? Not sure if he came under Williams or Sheehan?

Completely agree about the Grimes/Fulton option. I think pretty much everyone does. Was a bit gutted when Abdulai went off for Ronald yesterday. Thought we could have shifted him infield, even though he wasn’t having his best game either.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:00 - Aug 11 with 2517 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:53 - Aug 11 by jack247

And this is what we’ve been reduced to - let’s try someone the vast majority of us have never seen play, because how bad can he be?

Williams has shown he’s quite happy to blood young players if he thinks they are good enough. Govea. Parker? Not sure if he came under Williams or Sheehan?

Completely agree about the Grimes/Fulton option. I think pretty much everyone does. Was a bit gutted when Abdulai went off for Ronald yesterday. Thought we could have shifted him infield, even though he wasn’t having his best game either.

The term waste of a shirt is rather cutting but Cullen is just that .
It’s not for lack of trying or attitude .
He seems a lovely lad BUT
It’s also not fair to him to deploy him as we do.
He just looks lost
That was our first game
We had a pre season
Williams knower what was needed at the end of last season.
He is not blameless

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:08 - Aug 11 with 2478 viewsjack247

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:00 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

The term waste of a shirt is rather cutting but Cullen is just that .
It’s not for lack of trying or attitude .
He seems a lovely lad BUT
It’s also not fair to him to deploy him as we do.
He just looks lost
That was our first game
We had a pre season
Williams knower what was needed at the end of last season.
He is not blameless

Absolutely agree. He just wasn’t provided with it.

Does he play a completely different system to accommodate Cullen while Vipotnik gets up to speed? Probably not, because that would involve another striker, probably sacrificing width and we’ve only got Josh Thomas who is no more physically imposing than Cullen anyway.

He’s not blameless. I don’t blame him for the line up yesterday, but I do blame him for the disjointed performance and exposing our centre backs to pace on the counter.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:32 - Aug 11 with 2410 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:08 - Aug 11 by jack247

Does he play a completely different system to accommodate Cullen while Vipotnik gets up to speed? Probably not, because that would involve another striker, probably sacrificing width and we’ve only got Josh Thomas who is no more physically imposing than Cullen anyway.

He’s not blameless. I don’t blame him for the line up yesterday, but I do blame him for the disjointed performance and exposing our centre backs to pace on the counter.

Have an up arrow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:38 - Aug 11 with 2397 viewsKeithHaynes

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:08 - Aug 11 by jack247

We were exposed on our right throughout the first half, that concerned me, Key was unable to manage that, but he grew into the game after 60 mins.

It’s not all doom and gloom we are 18th and atm safe from relegation 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:39 - Aug 11 with 2388 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:38 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

We were exposed on our right throughout the first half, that concerned me, Key was unable to manage that, but he grew into the game after 60 mins.

Doing much today Guv?

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:59 - Aug 11 with 2326 viewsRichardO

Seems as if we are we back to playing three at the back again and in possession two, by the time the two have pressed forward the big spaces in the midfield has been covered and the wings have been blocked leaving us then over committing players forward, we are creating the spaces that.opposition teams can exploit for them!

We were away fom home yesterday and from the off the home team would be expected to attack so with instead of us playing wingers and wingbacks I want to see us playing wingers and fullbacks with those.fullbacks Key and Tymon close enough to the wingers to stop them having the ball to feet, centrehalves ensuring centre forwards have no time on the ball and covering each other, and proper defensively capable midfielders in the midfield to stop progression through the middle of the park and if our wingers need to tuck in the support them so be it , we are not set up properly defensively too much time and space is being left in the rush to advance.

Really hope Abdulai is not msde a scapegoat for the teams preformance because we are backing off letting teams attack us in the box, we are not snuffing out the moves earlier. Getting the balls out wideto our wingers quickly, if it is too slow leaves them no space and similarly if the winger has no option or support in the middle the only option is to go back. We have seen what Abdulai can do with quick ball played for him to run onto.
The team picked yesterday was the one we all expected the fact it didn't operate correctly is about coaching changing things that are not working ìand for me captains ability to call the shots and direct the team on the pitch to keep on the front not the back foot.
[Post edited 11 Aug 10:23]
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:03 - Aug 11 with 2308 viewssw02sea

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:37 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

And a coach improves players,or should do
[Post edited 11 Aug 8:56]

Exactly 👍
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:06 - Aug 11 with 2303 viewsGVJack

I'm not basing this opinion on yesterday's performance because I didn't see it. But generally speaking, I think we need to create depth by recruiting 2 additional midfielders (to start ahead of Grimes and Fulton) another Striker to back up/play alongside Vipotnik and give him competition for a place, and if we can find better than we currently have another 2 centre backs so we can offload at least.one of either Darling or Cabango this summer and generate some income from it before their contracts expire.

That would be my shopping list. Agree with another poster on here regarding Cullen, he's gives it 100% and is a Swansea lad through and through, but he's not going to get anywhere near 20 goals a season, and we're not going to get anywhere near the top 6 with him leading the line.

I'd possibly.like to see if he can be converted to an out to out number 10 in the attacking midfield position, but that would be out on loan to a league 1 or Scottish club to see how he adapts. Not here taking up a shirt in Swansea.
[Post edited 11 Aug 10:17]
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:50 - Aug 11 with 2166 viewsunion_jack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 08:44 - Aug 11 by Dr_Winston

Your last sentence is one I’ve been muttering to myself since the game yesterday. That falls firmly in KW’s plate.

As for using Kyrell Wilson, I’ve no idea what he is like but presumably he trains with the first team so the coaching staff will know what his level is in comparison to others, Cullen in this case.

I said yesterday that I don’t really want this U21 from Liverpool. The step up is huge in terms of experience and physicality. Yes, a few are successful but most find it difficult. Also, some from the bigger clubs think they are the dog’s bollox and attitude is poor. So if we are going down the youngster route, yes let’s develop our own.

I’d rather buy an experienced player though with a few years left in the clock though that doesn’t seem to be our style.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:51 - Aug 11 with 2154 viewsunion_jack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:38 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

And above Cardiff. Blow the whistle ref, I’ll take that😂

Go on Res, down arrow to your heart’s content. Get your alter egos to do the same👍

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:55 - Aug 11 with 2132 viewsDr_Winston

I'm never one to much go along with when it comes to the "coaches see them every day, they know best" stuff.

Lord only knows I've seen enough managers/coaches make tactical & personnel decisions stupid enough that you could almost believe that they've never even met the players, never mind trained them every day.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:07 - Aug 11 with 2119 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:03 - Aug 11 by sw02sea

Exactly 👍

Ivecenquired as to exactly why he is a “ good” ciach or even one we should trust .
Exactly what has he done to merit that

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:11 - Aug 11 with 2113 viewsunion_jack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:55 - Aug 11 by Dr_Winston

I'm never one to much go along with when it comes to the "coaches see them every day, they know best" stuff.

Lord only knows I've seen enough managers/coaches make tactical & personnel decisions stupid enough that you could almost believe that they've never even met the players, never mind trained them every day.

You have a point😁

Some things come down to personal decision. Toshack picking Dai Davies instead of Stewart. Still angers me to this day.

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:14 - Aug 11 with 2091 viewsDr_Winston

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:11 - Aug 11 by union_jack

You have a point😁

Some things come down to personal decision. Toshack picking Dai Davies instead of Stewart. Still angers me to this day.

For sure. People expect managers and coaches to make decisions purely on logic and what is best for the team. The idea that personal feelings don't enter into it is a very naive one. Lord knows we've seen enough team selection decisions that clearly aren't based on talent in recent years.

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:14 - Aug 11 with 2102 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:11 - Aug 11 by union_jack

You have a point😁

Takes me back does that
Had Dai been not no1 we would have stayed up.Easily. We were that good

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:20 - Aug 11 with 2072 viewsmax936

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:39 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

Doing much today Guv?

He'll be sitting in the sun by the pool sipping a cold one no doubt, jammy sod!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024