Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you trust Williamsball ? 21:52 - Aug 10 with 5743 viewssw02sea

I’m not saying this after one game. Can’t say I was too enthused with it last season
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:29 - Aug 11 with 1068 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 11:20 - Aug 11 by max936

He'll be sitting in the sun by the pool sipping a cold one no doubt, jammy sod!

It’s buddy roasting alive there mun.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 16:40 - Aug 11 with 914 viewsAndyconky

I'm not if he's good or not but he doesn't half talk some crap. 'explosive actions' is the latest!;

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 17:00 - Aug 11 with 894 viewsunion_jack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 16:40 - Aug 11 by Andyconky

I'm not if he's good or not but he doesn't half talk some crap. 'explosive actions' is the latest!;

He loves the word ‘actions’! Pity we don’t see some😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 17:36 - Aug 11 with 847 viewsLuther27

Well to be fair let’s give the guy a chance. He wasn’t afraid to make changes yesterday plus he’s been dealt the cards he has. I don’t think he would have got rid of 13 players as a manager.
So….lets wait until the window closes and then the clock starts in my book.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 17:55 - Aug 11 with 813 viewsunion_jack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 17:36 - Aug 11 by Luther27

Well to be fair let’s give the guy a chance. He wasn’t afraid to make changes yesterday plus he’s been dealt the cards he has. I don’t think he would have got rid of 13 players as a manager.
So….lets wait until the window closes and then the clock starts in my book.

I’ll certainly give him and the team time but I can’t help thinking it’s going to be the same old style as last season which was ponderous, ineffective and fownright boring. That’s on the back of yesterday’s game though. I hope I’m wrong.

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:33 - Aug 11 with 778 viewsTomsyard

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 17:55 - Aug 11 by union_jack

I’ll certainly give him and the team time but I can’t help thinking it’s going to be the same old style as last season which was ponderous, ineffective and fownright boring. That’s on the back of yesterday’s game though. I hope I’m wrong.

I agree and I suppose should wait until the window closes but the team hasn’t got dynamism or athleticism or strength so the performance is often stodgy and tedious to watch because of that. Defenders don’t want to be turned and run behind but we haven’t got the players who can do that anyway so the game is constantly played in front of them which makes their lives much easier. Grimes and the defenders look for movement ahead of them when they have the ball but it’s so limited the ball has to go either square or knocked long losing momentum and the ball. The manager has to look at the tactics he employs to overcome this but I’m not confident he has that deep level of knowledge to be able get round these problems. Having a playing philosophy is all well and good if you’ve got the players to play it, if not he has to adapt but can he.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:42 - Aug 11 with 770 viewsTenbySwan

The commentator blamed the loss of the GB Hockey team at the Olympics on their playing 'Southgate ball' i.e. passing backwards and sideways ,!
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:45 - Aug 11 with 768 viewsvetchonian

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:42 - Aug 11 by TenbySwan

The commentator blamed the loss of the GB Hockey team at the Olympics on their playing 'Southgate ball' i.e. passing backwards and sideways ,!

3byears ago now so many were drooling over martinball

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:50 - Aug 11 with 758 viewsunion_jack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:33 - Aug 11 by Tomsyard

I agree and I suppose should wait until the window closes but the team hasn’t got dynamism or athleticism or strength so the performance is often stodgy and tedious to watch because of that. Defenders don’t want to be turned and run behind but we haven’t got the players who can do that anyway so the game is constantly played in front of them which makes their lives much easier. Grimes and the defenders look for movement ahead of them when they have the ball but it’s so limited the ball has to go either square or knocked long losing momentum and the ball. The manager has to look at the tactics he employs to overcome this but I’m not confident he has that deep level of knowledge to be able get round these problems. Having a playing philosophy is all well and good if you’ve got the players to play it, if not he has to adapt but can he.

Fair play, one of the best concise posts describing our style.

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 20:49 - Aug 11 with 678 viewsTomsyard

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:50 - Aug 11 by union_jack

Fair play, one of the best concise posts describing our style.

Cheers but even though I’m really disappointed with the lack of a pattern to our game and being concerned about the ability of the manager I still think we have the players to get us to a comfortable mid table finish and I’d be happy with that and with a couple more signings who knows what could happen.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 21:03 - Aug 11 with 669 viewsDr_Winston

We have and will continue to invest significantly in wingers, which will be pointless if the ball takes too long to get to them from midfield.

One of the more notable changes between Laudrup and Monk was that Dyer and Routs were getting the ball 5-10 seconds later and often 20-25 yards deeper than they were previously with predictable results to their effectiveness. We've got to kick midfield into gear. If LW doesn't manage that then we're going nowhere.

We've obviously still not really replaced Pato either. Love him or hate him he had a guile about him in that #10 role that we simply do not have an alternative for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:07 - Aug 11 with 629 viewsFlashberryjack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:38 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

We were exposed on our right throughout the first half, that concerned me, Key was unable to manage that, but he grew into the game after 60 mins.

It’s not all doom and gloom we are 18th and atm safe from relegation 😂

Persist playing Cullen and we won't be safe from relegation.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 07:07 - Aug 12 with 514 viewsscruffyjack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 22:07 - Aug 11 by Flashberryjack

Persist playing Cullen and we won't be safe from relegation.

With the amount of service our strikers get it’s no surprise that we struggle to score goals. Saturday we started with three defensive central midfielders with little or no options to make any significant difference.
Crosses coming in from both sides were bread and butter to the Boro defence as the bulk of the time we had one man in the box, with no late runners coming in.
Still, only one game gone, and we’ll see how Vipotnik gets on in this lineup, but as things stand I wouldn’t expect any miracles.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:02 - Aug 12 with 477 viewsonehunglow

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 18:33 - Aug 11 by Tomsyard

Every happy clapper should read and digest this in its entirety .
No surprise nobody has dissed this brilliant critique
Exactly. Where we are
Wise up folks and see the Light

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:43 - Aug 12 with 451 viewsGVJack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:02 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

Every happy clapper should read and digest this in its entirety .
No surprise nobody has dissed this brilliant critique
Exactly. Where we are
Wise up folks and see the Light

I didn't watch Notts County under Williams, but is it a safe assumption he stuck to his principles and played a similar tactics/style?

If so it clearly can be effective with the right personnel (as Martin has just evidenced by begrudgingly getting the saints promoted).

A different level of course, but in the 22/23 season under Williams Notts County scored more than 2.5 goals per game and conceded 0.91 goals securing them promotion. So I'm not going to question him tactically, what I am going to question is the players we have to play that system, and all eyes come back to the central midfield for me.

We've started to bring some real quality in, Franco, Eom and hopefully Viptonik will prove to be an excellent signings. We need more, yes, but it will probably take another 2 windows to weed out the old and bring in the new to play the football he wants to the standard we need.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:51 - Aug 12 with 446 viewsRichardO

Hope Abdulai is not singled out for his error of judgement for the so called penalty challenge seeing as many of posters who have seen him playing in the U21s seem to think he as lots of potential and say he is playing out of position. We have also heard that the midfield is lacking as we have seen the inclusion of a fit Allen and Paterson on form makes a world of difference.
Time for a change in the middle? Abdulai in his proper position maybe , Franco seems to be a good player able to cope with the rigours in the middle of the park and Eom has showed he can make a difference around the àttacking third
With his energy and awareness shown at times against Rio and in the dying minutes on Saturday releasing Cullen.

To much change after one game in which we were making the same mistakes, we have seen making limited changes in our style of play give us the upperhand in games in the past but everything has become too predictable. Happy to keep a settled team at the start of games if it keeps us solid but we have seen at time we have been unable to keep a clean sheet early on.
William's changed things against Rio during the game which stopped them playing through us hopefully he can see that certain tactics have to be changed because teams are fully aware of how we are going to play and combat it.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:54 - Aug 12 with 445 viewsWhiterockin

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:43 - Aug 12 by GVJack

I didn't watch Notts County under Williams, but is it a safe assumption he stuck to his principles and played a similar tactics/style?

If so it clearly can be effective with the right personnel (as Martin has just evidenced by begrudgingly getting the saints promoted).

A different level of course, but in the 22/23 season under Williams Notts County scored more than 2.5 goals per game and conceded 0.91 goals securing them promotion. So I'm not going to question him tactically, what I am going to question is the players we have to play that system, and all eyes come back to the central midfield for me.

We've started to bring some real quality in, Franco, Eom and hopefully Viptonik will prove to be an excellent signings. We need more, yes, but it will probably take another 2 windows to weed out the old and bring in the new to play the football he wants to the standard we need.

There are far better managers and players in the Championship than when Williams was at his previous club. They can nullify your tactics and style, its then how quickly you can change and adapt. We will see over the next month or so if he is up to it, I really hope he is.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:03 - Aug 12 with 431 viewsonehunglow

Nice reply
Sadly,with our windows,any progression is nullified by the constant changes and turn over off players .
Pointless sticking rigidly to a system that doesn’t work. And his system ,with staff available to him,at this level,does not .

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:29 - Aug 12 with 416 viewsGVJack

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:03 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

Nice reply
Sadly,with our windows,any progression is nullified by the constant changes and turn over off players .
Pointless sticking rigidly to a system that doesn’t work. And his system ,with staff available to him,at this level,does not .

But we are seeing new players being signed on 4 year contracts. That should provide some stability for 2+ seasons as a minimum?

1 loan in so far (if rumors are true) so there's an improvement there also. I suspect we'll get at least one more loan in, but if we can compliment that with 2 additional long term permanent signings (players that Williams wants and are better than those in our current starting XI) then I'm optimistic that we can fight it out in the top half of the table this year.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:48 - Aug 12 with 404 viewsFireboy2

Now this ^ is a good post, spot on.

We don't have the tools to play williams' gameplan yet ,but hopefully when a few players come back from injury, zan gets upto speed and we get another winger it will get better.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:51 - Aug 12 with 397 viewsFireboy2

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:51 - Aug 12 by RichardO

Hope Abdulai is not singled out for his error of judgement for the so called penalty challenge seeing as many of posters who have seen him playing in the U21s seem to think he as lots of potential and say he is playing out of position. We have also heard that the midfield is lacking as we have seen the inclusion of a fit Allen and Paterson on form makes a world of difference.
Time for a change in the middle? Abdulai in his proper position maybe , Franco seems to be a good player able to cope with the rigours in the middle of the park and Eom has showed he can make a difference around the àttacking third
With his energy and awareness shown at times against Rio and in the dying minutes on Saturday releasing Cullen.

To much change after one game in which we were making the same mistakes, we have seen making limited changes in our style of play give us the upperhand in games in the past but everything has become too predictable. Happy to keep a settled team at the start of games if it keeps us solid but we have seen at time we have been unable to keep a clean sheet early on.
William's changed things against Rio during the game which stopped them playing through us hopefully he can see that certain tactics have to be changed because teams are fully aware of how we are going to play and combat it.

I felt sorry for abdullai on sat, he played a position he isnt accustomed to therefore struggled, it didn't help when he had ayling marking him.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:52 - Aug 12 with 392 viewsFireboy2

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 09:51 - Aug 12 by RichardO

Whooooaaa there Rich, that's a positive outlook, we can't have positivity on this forum mate.
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:53 - Aug 12 with 390 viewsKeithHaynes

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:51 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

I felt sorry for abdullai on sat, he played a position he isnt accustomed to therefore struggled, it didn't help when he had ayling marking him.

He’s a class player with much to learn.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:55 - Aug 12 with 381 viewsFireboy2

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:29 - Aug 12 by GVJack

But we are seeing new players being signed on 4 year contracts. That should provide some stability for 2+ seasons as a minimum?

1 loan in so far (if rumors are true) so there's an improvement there also. I suspect we'll get at least one more loan in, but if we can compliment that with 2 additional long term permanent signings (players that Williams wants and are better than those in our current starting XI) then I'm optimistic that we can fight it out in the top half of the table this year.

Another one with a positive attitude, you need you legs smacking boy 😠
Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:58 - Aug 12 with 376 viewsjack247

Do you trust Williamsball ? on 10:03 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

Nice reply

We don’t know that yet. It needs a powerful striker. We’ve only had 30 minutes of Vipotnik and he understandably looked sluggish. I don’t think we’ll really find out until he’s match sharp.

I’d agree, it doesn’t work with Cullen.

He also needs to sort out who is protecting the centre backs. Wasn’t an issue last season and I’m hoping Saturday was a blip. They were horribly exposed though and that needs sorting immediately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024