Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 13:44 - Jun 20 with 10304 viewsraynor94

Swings the axe again, At Newport County this time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins on 19:02 - Jun 24 with 1540 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 18:22 - Jun 24 by 1983

Monk is not fit to polish Laudrups togs
and from then on in he and the Swans spiralled, luckily enough we are still hanging on in there as an established mid table Championship side he on the otherhand finished 18th with Cambridge United 4 points off the drop to League 2

Who has Laudrup managed.?

Swansea was his high water mark. He was a perfect fit for Swansea for 12 then it unravelled. No big clubs have trusted him for reasons unknown.

I do not want to bad mouth him as he had that wonderful 18 months all done with Joey Allen and Sinclair money.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw Jenkins on 19:34 - Jun 24 with 1507 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 19:02 - Jun 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea was his high water mark. He was a perfect fit for Swansea for 12 then it unravelled. No big clubs have trusted him for reasons unknown.

I do not want to bad mouth him as he had that wonderful 18 months all done with Joey Allen and Sinclair money.

Possibly he never wanted the hassle of a big club. Laudrup just oozed class and was his own man, that would never be the case at a big club. We were very lucky to have him and each time I met him he was fantastic and chatted freely. Probably my best time in 60 years watching the Swans.
Huw Jenkins on 19:51 - Jun 24 with 1480 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw Jenkins on 19:02 - Jun 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Maybe Spartak were his high water mark? The biggest club he mamaged, not sure what success he had there.
Huw Jenkins on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 1430 viewstheloneranger

Huw Jenkins on 19:51 - Jun 24 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe Spartak were his high water mark? The biggest club he mamaged, not sure what success he had there.

He was sacked after 7 months at Spartak. He won 4 trophies in 4 seasons @ Brondby.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Huw Jenkins on 09:37 - Jun 25 with 1302 viewsvetchonian

Huw Jenkins on 20:30 - Jun 24 by theloneranger

He was sacked after 7 months at Spartak. He won 4 trophies in 4 seasons @ Brondby.

And I'm sure he would have won 2 in 2seasons here.
The sellouts andncertain players were worried we would fall from the PL as Laudrups focus was on the Europa league.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huw Jenkins on 09:58 - Jun 25 with 1290 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 09:37 - Jun 25 by vetchonian

And I'm sure he would have won 2 in 2seasons here.
The sellouts andncertain players were worried we would fall from the PL as Laudrups focus was on the Europa league.

I remember talking to Laudrup prior to the first fans forum he attended, the one where he said a club our size was unlikely to win the league but could win a cup.

I asked him how he saw us progressing as a club. He went into great detail of the the importance of raising our profile in Europe. He said although our profile was high through the Premier League it needed to be raised further to help us recruit more European players as they were far more affordable than British players. He achieved that quite quickly and we did reap the benefits.
Huw Jenkins on 10:29 - Jun 25 with 1256 viewsvetchonian

Huw Jenkins on 09:58 - Jun 25 by Whiterockin

I remember talking to Laudrup prior to the first fans forum he attended, the one where he said a club our size was unlikely to win the league but could win a cup.

I asked him how he saw us progressing as a club. He went into great detail of the the importance of raising our profile in Europe. He said although our profile was high through the Premier League it needed to be raised further to help us recruit more European players as they were far more affordable than British players. He achieved that quite quickly and we did reap the benefits.

Absolutely....sacking him and replacing him with Monk was Jenkins "best" move.
Imagine where could be had Monk et al not intervened.
First Welsh club to reach the Premier league ,and a European competition....but no others saw best

Huw Jenkins on 11:03 - Jun 25 with 1238 viewsonehunglow

I didn’t like how he always seemed to big up our opposition,making us look like unworthy interlopers .
That said, my God,how we missed him.
He lost interest
I was just as upset when Paulo left

Now look at who we have now and who he replaced

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 17:48 - Jun 25 with 1141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 11:03 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

I didn’t like how he always seemed to big up our opposition,making us look like unworthy interlopers .
That said, my God,how we missed him.
He lost interest
I was just as upset when Paulo left

Now look at who we have now and who he replaced

Laudrup would have got Swansea relegated probably. Guess what? he would not have stayed on to get Swansea back up. The championship was no use to him I suspect. Monk deserves more respect. He lost Bony on fire and got Eder and Franck from France.First of a long line of useless fullbacks signed by the club. Monk ball is the "English school" of minimal flare and maximum efficiency. Sames ad Cooper.

This thinking and style is where Southgate is.

Swansea should have kept Guidliin. Deep knowledge of the game and a Goldilocks manager Swansea need. Too old to get taken away and too good ( notionally) to get sacked.

He had the reputation to bring on young players and was not adverse to forwards who can head the ball.

Huw Jenkins on 17:51 - Jun 25 with 1151 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 10:29 - Jun 25 by vetchonian

Absolutely....sacking him and replacing him with Monk was Jenkins "best" move.
Imagine where could be had Monk et al not intervened.
First Welsh club to reach the Premier league ,and a European competition....but no others saw best

Jenkins' ego just couldn't handle being told to butt out of team affairs.

Sousa did it and so did Laudrup. Both men who had big enough reputations in the game to brush off interference. Martinez and Rodgers far more oleaginous, with more to prove and a willingness to accommodate him, or at least pretend to.

That's why we ended up with Monk. Someone Jenkins thought was firmly in his pocket, only to learn at his, and sadly also the clubs long term cost that he wasn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 19:28 - Jun 25 with 1112 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw Jenkins on 17:48 - Jun 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Laudrup would have got Swansea relegated probably. Guess what? he would not have stayed on to get Swansea back up. The championship was no use to him I suspect. Monk deserves more respect. He lost Bony on fire and got Eder and Franck from France.First of a long line of useless fullbacks signed by the club. Monk ball is the "English school" of minimal flare and maximum efficiency. Sames ad Cooper.

Swansea should have kept Guidliin. Deep knowledge of the game and a Goldilocks manager Swansea need. Too old to get taken away and too good ( notionally) to get sacked.

He had the reputation to bring on young players and was not adverse to forwards who can head the ball.

Probably? Glad to find out you can still predict a future, oops soory, I mean yet another assumption about one of our best managers who left because of off the pitch reasons more than on pitch.

Who gave him Eder and Tabanou?

Guidolin too good to be sacked but he was sacked, you need a better idea! Although I do think he was hard done by.

Now Southgate, unlike Southgate we didn't have some of the top players in the world. If only we had Bellingham, Kane, Saka, Foden and Grealish.
Huw Jenkins on 19:38 - Jun 25 with 1101 viewsvetchonian

Hi Garry

Didn't realise you were living in the Neath Valley these days

Huw Jenkins on 19:43 - Jun 25 with 1091 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 19:28 - Jun 25 by SullutaCreturned

Probably? Glad to find out you can still predict a future, oops soory, I mean yet another assumption about one of our best managers who left because of off the pitch reasons more than on pitch.

Who gave him Eder and Tabanou?

Guidolin too good to be sacked but he was sacked, you need a better idea! Although I do think he was hard done by.

Now Southgate, unlike Southgate we didn't have some of the top players in the world. If only we had Bellingham, Kane, Saka, Foden and Grealish.

It is a forum. It is for speculation and ideas. It is not for a statement of boring facts. I do not accept well worn fake narratives ( imo).

One of these is HJ s ego got the better of him and he changed after 2013 /2014 and took over football decisions. HJ always took football decisions since he started. He got caught ght out when. caught out when Mr Ledbetter his recruitment man started failing badly with Duff signings like French Franck Eder. Gomis and Ayew dirt time wers excellent signing as was Bony. However all the bad signings came at once Clucas, Sanches, Mesa and Bony. Borja was also a bust a year earlier..

HJ has signed a player today for Newport. I suspect Ledbetter is still with him. They will do a good job for sure. If Toshack signs he knows Jenkins calls the shots in a consensual set up. Tosh jnr will know good young kids from Leeds and make his play. HJ accepted Clement wish to get Sanches in knowing his character. It should have worked.
[Post edited 25 Jun 19:44]

Huw Jenkins on 19:55 - Jun 25 with 1072 viewsQJumpingJack

I agree with you - they should have kept Guidolin.

Who appointed Bob Bradley and was he the best candidate in the interview process. So many questions but very few answers.

At least they took action after nine weeks and hey they also opened a club shop in the city centre opposite Burger King.
Huw Jenkins on 12:05 - Jul 10 with 838 viewsWhiterockin

Signing number nine of the summer but still no manager. Is Huw going to do the gig.

Newport re-sign striker Baker-Richardson - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cn38zdr22mdo
Huw Jenkins on 12:16 - Jul 10 with 796 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 12:05 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

Signing number nine of the summer but still no manager. Is Huw going to do the gig.

Newport re-sign striker Baker-Richardson - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cn38zdr22mdo

It's his dream job. No more pretence that he seeks managerial input.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 12:28 - Jul 10 with 767 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 12:16 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

It's his dream job. No more pretence that he seeks managerial input.

Managers always had an input with HJ. Martinez brought in his Spanish players Sousa brought in Lopez from QPR. Brendan ditched Huw players like Beattie and Kuqi and got Sinclair and Borini.

Newport have brought in a Portuguese coach to set the playing style. He knew Huw from Sousa s time. The manager must accept Huw ball. I am surprised that Cameron Toshack seems to have turned down the job. Ashley Williams Neil Taylor maybe? Fascinating.

Huw Jenkins on 13:19 - Jul 10 with 709 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Giggs anyone ?,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huw Jenkins on 13:24 - Jul 10 with 690 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 13:19 - Jul 10 by KeithHaynes

Ryan Giggs anyone ?,

Rob Page?
Huw Jenkins on 13:39 - Jul 10 with 670 viewsraynor94

Huw Jenkins on 13:24 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

Rob Page?

Good shout😉

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins on 15:00 - Jul 10 with 592 viewsshaggyrogers

Huw Jenkins on 12:28 - Jul 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Managers always had an input with HJ. Martinez brought in his Spanish players Sousa brought in Lopez from QPR. Brendan ditched Huw players like Beattie and Kuqi and got Sinclair and Borini.

Newport have brought in a Portuguese coach to set the playing style. He knew Huw from Sousa s time. The manager must accept Huw ball. I am surprised that Cameron Toshack seems to have turned down the job. Ashley Williams Neil Taylor maybe? Fascinating.

That Portuguese coach was at the swans for years
Huw Jenkins on 15:43 - Jul 10 with 554 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw Jenkins on 19:55 - Jun 25 by QJumpingJack

I agree with you - they should have kept Guidolin.

Who appointed Bob Bradley and was he the best candidate in the interview process. So many questions but very few answers.

At least they took action after nine weeks and hey they also opened a club shop in the city centre opposite Burger King.

Don’t think there was an interview process, that bloke Donovan seemed to be sticking his nose in at the time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huw Jenkins on 15:56 - Jul 10 with 518 viewsDr_Winston

It's probably worth mentioning that Guidolin wasn't hugely popular with everyone at the time. There were an awful lot of deadheads doing their level best to downplay his influence and give Curtis all the credit for the results that the team was picking up.

For me however his dismissal was a real "sliding doors" moment for us. Whilst it's impossible to say with certainty that we'd still be a Premier League club if he hadn't been sacked, I think most of us can agree at this point that he'd have made a much better fist of keeping us there than Bradley, Clement and Carvalhal.

Huw Jenkins on 16:41 - Jul 10 with 438 viewsmax936

Huw Jenkins on 15:00 - Jul 10 by shaggyrogers

That Portuguese coach was at the swans for years

Don't go bringing facts into it, its all so, so fascinating mun, lets hope the one that finds it also fascinating naffs off to Newport's forum to support his Hero!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Jenkins on 17:32 - Jul 10 with 371 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 16:41 - Jul 10 by max936

Don't go bringing facts into it, its all so, so fascinating mun, lets hope the one that finds it also fascinating naffs off to Newport's forum to support his Hero!

I combine facts with opinions and am always open to corrections. I am also prepared to change my mind. I never hero worshiped HJ like some on here and was not that surprised thing went sour. He is like me a human being. As the greatest Chairman of Swansea of all time I show him respect. I have no time for the useless rabble calling him a 'sellout'.

Jardim was brought in by Sousa as I stated and it looks like he returned to the academy for two seasons. I was not aware of this. Here are the facts.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nelson-jardim/profil/trainer/19937

There is a good chance I will catch a Newport game or two. Why not? It is fascinating to see how he does. I like football see butt. I am not a gambler but £10 on Newport to be champions looks like a good bet to me.
[Post edited 10 Jul 17:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024