Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tractor Boys MatchThread. 23:13 - Dec 28 with 38164 viewsconnell10

I'm going for a very optimistic 1-1 .....gawd help us.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:33 - Dec 29 with 2720 viewsbaz_qpr

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:31 - Dec 29 by FDC

Ridiculous imo. Willock has been crucial for us recently scored three goals, got injured, came back and played fairly well first half, then went off presumably as a precaution

Willock was injured after about 20 minutes, could see he was struggling. Chair's looks like a pull hope it not knee but would be amazed if we see him back in January
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:34 - Dec 29 with 2709 viewsQPunkR

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:25 - Dec 29 by FDC

Actually thought ref was fairly decent, insanely obvious last minute penalty notwithstanding, allowed strong but fair challenges to go, good game to watch etc. But yeah rather spoiled it in the last 30s

I'd back that assessment

QPR - "shit but local"

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:35 - Dec 29 with 2691 viewsrbee

I don't think the Smyth incident was a penalty, he went down very early with minor contact.

The handball is stonewall penalty, as Andy Sinton said on Comms the defenders arm was in an unnatural poition and he gained an advantage from knocking the ball away. Referee had a great view.

The lack of appeal from our players is quite remarkable, any other side would have screaming en masse and chasing the referee down.

A good point but as everyone else says why tonight and not at The Den?
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 2675 viewsFDC

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:09 - Dec 29 by Rangersw12

Excellent point should have had at least one pen

My god when you watch it back and the ref is looking directly at it ffs
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:38 - Dec 29 with 2625 viewsToast_R

Actually thought ref was fairly decent, insanely obvious last minute penalty notwithstanding, allowed strong but fair challenges to go, good game to watch etc. But yeah rather spoiled it in the last 30s

...Tiger Woods was a great husband until all that shagging around business.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:46 - Dec 29 with 2448 viewsFDC

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:38 - Dec 29 by Toast_R

...Tiger Woods was a great husband until all that shagging around business.

I mean.... yeah I guess? It was an appalling decision at the end that likely cost us the game, unforgivable even.

Also true the rest of the game was well managed imo.

I don't want to distract from the fact he's an absolute can't for not giving the handball tho!
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 2392 viewstkqpr

I thought Dykes looked quite good when he came on in a deeper role with a man ahead of him. Maybe we can convert him like Newcastle have with Joe Linton? It’s maybe an option for Cardiff as that’s only 2 days away and it seems there may well be a few less to pick from.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:55 - Dec 29 with 2290 viewsOakR

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 20:47 - Dec 29 by numptydumpty

Should not say this but Begovic in goal, a back four of Cannon Cook JCS and Paal with Field at defensive midfield is an excellent set up if it was every match for QPR.

One of our strongest defensive lines in last ten to fifteen years.

Our problems as we know are with goals scored and decent chances created.

Actually feeling content at half time. Usually pissed off by now...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 20:47]

I think this sums it up really. A great turnaorund defensively, keeping cleansheets, feeling much more solid and organised.

Upfront we struggle, we know that, we could really do with a loan upfront or some hidden gem.

One thing for sure, all those players are committed to the cause, there is some real fight and desire in the the team.

I thought the first pen, Smyth should and could have kept going, would have been very soft, the second one is as blatant as you will see.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:55 - Dec 29 with 2288 viewsNed_Kennedys

Enjoyed watching that: we were at it all game and could’ve snatched the winner.

Nobody played badly, Begovic MOTM for some excellent saves and dominated his area though all the defence played well. Dozzell had a good game, forwards did great apart from scoring of course.

Cifuentes needs to get them consistently playing like that and then we have a fighter’s chance of staying up.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 2271 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:58 - Dec 29 with 2257 viewsmart_Goblin

Great point and a very good performance. Much improved but can they continue against Cardiff?

I thought the back 4 were excellent especially Paal. Field very good too . Dozzell much improved .
But as I said before, the better teams will let us play because they are trying to score.
It’s against the dross that we fail time after time.

Really impressed with the shape of the side all evening. At no time did we really look stretched or in trouble . Huge credit to them for that.
We just lack that killer instinct up front but we’ve all known that for absolutely ages.
Injuries our biggest concern now. It’s irrelevant if Chair is walking ok as he walks round the pitch . If he has felt a pull or a slight tear which won’t give him too much pain until he starts to stretch it again . As someone else said , through experience I’d worry that’s 4-6 weeks but I don’t know the in and outs so hopefullly not. With him we are relatively toothless …without him …. God knows .
Willock was carrying an injury from the start and clearly hasn’t recovered . Cook might have been planned but he did say it was his calf to the physio.

Worrying.

I thought they were both pens. Smyth went looking for the first one and over did it when he could have just got the ball out of his feet and scored.
However whether he went looking for contact or not it was still a foul and given as a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.
The second one is just blatant cowardice from the ref. Disgraceful .
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:04 - Dec 29 with 2194 viewsFDC

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:58 - Dec 29 by mart_Goblin

Great point and a very good performance. Much improved but can they continue against Cardiff?

I thought the back 4 were excellent especially Paal. Field very good too . Dozzell much improved .
But as I said before, the better teams will let us play because they are trying to score.
It’s against the dross that we fail time after time.

Really impressed with the shape of the side all evening. At no time did we really look stretched or in trouble . Huge credit to them for that.
We just lack that killer instinct up front but we’ve all known that for absolutely ages.
Injuries our biggest concern now. It’s irrelevant if Chair is walking ok as he walks round the pitch . If he has felt a pull or a slight tear which won’t give him too much pain until he starts to stretch it again . As someone else said , through experience I’d worry that’s 4-6 weeks but I don’t know the in and outs so hopefullly not. With him we are relatively toothless …without him …. God knows .
Willock was carrying an injury from the start and clearly hasn’t recovered . Cook might have been planned but he did say it was his calf to the physio.

Worrying.

I thought they were both pens. Smyth went looking for the first one and over did it when he could have just got the ball out of his feet and scored.
However whether he went looking for contact or not it was still a foul and given as a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.
The second one is just blatant cowardice from the ref. Disgraceful .

Agree with all of that. The point about the shape is particularly notable imo. Given the rotation for the starting line up, and then the number of forced substitutions, I thought it was very impressive how well we maintained a style and system. That could be very important if we've started to pick up significant injuries as looks to be the case
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 2140 viewsmart_Goblin

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:04 - Dec 29 by FDC

Agree with all of that. The point about the shape is particularly notable imo. Given the rotation for the starting line up, and then the number of forced substitutions, I thought it was very impressive how well we maintained a style and system. That could be very important if we've started to pick up significant injuries as looks to be the case

Yes completely agree. They all seemed to be on the same page which they certainly didn’t on Boxing Day
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:27 - Dec 29 with 2002 viewssmudgehoop

A good point.

I'm pleased with the shape and style of play.

C'mon you Rs

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:35 - Dec 29 with 1910 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:27 - Dec 29 by smudgehoop

A good point.

I'm pleased with the shape and style of play.

C'mon you Rs

Gotta be happy with that point away at Ipswich this season, looked better, looked together and for sure could of had a penalty awarded. Don't like the slack pass from JCS in the first, giving it away and leaving an opening, but yea gotta be happy with the end result. More of this kind of team performance please..

Come on!!!
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:49 - Dec 29 with 1837 viewsPhilmyRs

Agree with all this. Was impressed with the referee throughout the game then missed the most blatant of pens. Thought Smyth’s was a foul but how he went down and the way he was looking for it you can see why it wasn’t given. But, yeah, can’t think of many excuses for how the second was missed.

You put a decent striker in that starting 11 and we’re top 10 material. Without a striker we might just avoid it but only if we’re lucky with injuries. No incomings and injuries hit and I can’t see where any points will come from. A big January for us, on and off the pitch.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 00:15 - Dec 30 with 1685 viewsconnell10

Good result and we made a point on Huddersfield

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 09:32 - Dec 30 with 1235 viewsSK_hoops

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:23 - Dec 29 by numptydumpty

Willock got three goals in three consecutive games recently.

Went off injured couple of games ago.

Went off as a precaution as felt twinge according to comms.

I think Chair Cook Field and Willock who all picked up slight knocks today, but I think all will be OK. All looked minor niggles to me..

If you look at the new manager bounce games, Willock played well, we won three in a row.

Beale's purple patch, Willock playing well, we win loads.

More or less all of our poor form has come when willock is injured /not on it.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 09:33 - Dec 30 with 1227 viewsderbyhoop

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:35 - Dec 29 by Midlands_Ranger

Gotta be happy with that point away at Ipswich this season, looked better, looked together and for sure could of had a penalty awarded. Don't like the slack pass from JCS in the first, giving it away and leaving an opening, but yea gotta be happy with the end result. More of this kind of team performance please..

Come on!!!

Complete contrast to Boxing Day.
We're still in trouble but those sort of performances can give us a fighting chance.

Can we repeat through the home games in January?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 09:45 - Dec 30 with 1196 viewsSpaceman_P

Ref was clearly blind.

sadly Sheff Wed and Rotherham not far behind.

We need to really turn things around in January.... I'd say lets forfeit the FA cup, we won't win it, so lets focus on the league.

Cardiff NEEDS to be a win.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 10:31 - Dec 30 with 1107 viewsbaz_qpr

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 23:49 - Dec 29 by PhilmyRs

Agree with all this. Was impressed with the referee throughout the game then missed the most blatant of pens. Thought Smyth’s was a foul but how he went down and the way he was looking for it you can see why it wasn’t given. But, yeah, can’t think of many excuses for how the second was missed.

You put a decent striker in that starting 11 and we’re top 10 material. Without a striker we might just avoid it but only if we’re lucky with injuries. No incomings and injuries hit and I can’t see where any points will come from. A big January for us, on and off the pitch.

Smyth was moving at pace so its going to take much less to throw him of balance absolute stonewall for me and given in the Premier league / International football every time with or without VAR
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 10:47 - Dec 30 with 1061 viewsqprphil

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 22:08 - Dec 29 by NorthantsHoop

Much better denied 2 penalties, if only we could perform better against the lesser teams we would be out of this mess. Still a very good point tonight.

Never seen a more clear cut pen, did the ref have his eyes closed.?
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 15:48 - Dec 30 with 838 viewstkqpr

I dont want to say it but that could be a vital 2 points come the end of the season.

However there are many more games we could say that about im sure over the season.

It was just blatantly not given and there can be no reason why it wasn't.
Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 15:53 - Dec 30 with 818 viewsLazyFan

Tractor Boys MatchThread. on 10:31 - Dec 30 by baz_qpr

Smyth was moving at pace so its going to take much less to throw him of balance absolute stonewall for me and given in the Premier league / International football every time with or without VAR

I agree, Smyth should have had a pen for that.

His shoulder was pulled back and sure he went down, but he did not fall over until his shoulder was pulled. Then of course the handball at the end is obvious.

With VAR we would have had the pen and then after that Ipswich would have had to throw men forward and then we would have won the game by more on the break.

A decent performance, but really we need wins so, still not good enough.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024