Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! 16:21 - Sep 11 with 25611 viewsModeratorC

Welcome one and all to a veritable feast of footballing rivalry. The home side are in blue,they lose a lot in this fixture. The away side wear white, they don’t. However …

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60845/michael-duff-you-c
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60846/swansea-city-need-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60853/swansea-city-fans-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60863

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:39 - Sep 16 with 2406 viewsFireboy2

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:37 - Sep 16 by Treforys_Jack

When was the last time we were outplayed against them. Should have started with Ben, Ollie and Cullen , at least they would have understood the meaning of the game.

Yes I was surprised as well.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:41 - Sep 16 with 2390 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:38 - Sep 16 by Fireboy2

What do you expect him to say? Oh well there is always QPR on Tuesday?

In fairness mate, there is no excuse for tonight's performance.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:41 - Sep 16 with 2388 viewsswan_si

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:38 - Sep 16 by Fireboy2

What do you expect him to say? Oh well there is always QPR on Tuesday?

15 minutes have past, you still seem a little tetchy 🤫
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:48 - Sep 16 with 2309 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:04 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

Cooper did not have that start at Forest, they changed their manager, Cooper went in and took them up.

I never said Forest had him in charge at the beginning of the season. I just made the point they had a bad start and pulled themselves together.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 22:52]
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:48 - Sep 16 with 2301 viewsFireboy2

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:41 - Sep 16 by swan_si

15 minutes have past, you still seem a little tetchy 🤫

I can assure you I am chilled, I am interested on people's opinions.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:50 - Sep 16 with 2278 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:48 - Sep 16 by majorraglan

I never said Forest had him in charge at the beginning of the season. I just made the point they had a bad start and pulled themselves together.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 22:52]

After changing the manager.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:50 - Sep 16 with 2259 viewsFireboy2

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:41 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

In fairness mate, there is no excuse for tonight's performance.

Agreed WR especially the second half.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:53 - Sep 16 with 2223 viewsTreforys_Jack

I could see what RM was trying to do even though ultimately it didn't work for us, I'm not really sure what Duff is trying to do, what his style is, the players just seem lost, it could be a very toxic atmosphere next week.. The team is lucky there is a game midweek to try and get a result to take the heat off slightly.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 23:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 23:00 - Sep 16 with 2156 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:37 - Sep 16 by Treforys_Jack

When was the last time we were outplayed against them. Should have started with Ben, Ollie and Cullen , at least they would have understood the meaning of the game.

This
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 23:01 - Sep 16 with 2149 viewsswan_si

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 22:48 - Sep 16 by Fireboy2

I can assure you I am chilled, I am interested on people's opinions.

My bad, misread the tone, have a good remainder of the evening.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 23:14 - Sep 16 with 2056 viewsFireboy2

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 23:01 - Sep 16 by swan_si

My bad, misread the tone, have a good remainder of the evening.

No probs Si 👌

I too hope I have quiet night mate, my eldest has an important RL match in Cumbria tomorrow 🤞
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 23:18 - Sep 16 with 2042 viewslifelong

I am friendly with a Cardiff fan who was at the game this evening. We have spoken this evening and he has said that it is the poorest Swansea side he had seen for many years, it’s difficult to argue with that.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 00:28 - Sep 17 with 1860 viewsQJumpingJack

I am remember the Swans team was quite weak in 2002 in the FAW Cup Final at Ninian Park but they put up a fight and we only lost 1-0.

Tonight was the first time in a very long time that we have have not been competitive in a derby game. It's worrying and Duff is going to need to change things very quickiy in the coming days.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 05:51 - Sep 17 with 1704 viewsjack247

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/michael-duff-lack-quality-cost-us
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 07:44 - Sep 17 with 1607 viewsBoundy

“The energy and intensity was there, it was a lack of quality that let us down. was he referring to himself or the players ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 07:53 - Sep 17 with 1595 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 07:44 - Sep 17 by Boundy

“The energy and intensity was there, it was a lack of quality that let us down. was he referring to himself or the players ?

Energy and intensity is vital, of course it is, but you need a gameplan as well. He couldn’t have made it much easier for them.

He was right the first half was fairly even (I thought they shaded it) but that was because they really aren’t up to much either. Two very poor teams and they were still comfortably better than us in the second half.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:03 - Sep 17 with 1407 viewsKilkennyjack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 07:53 - Sep 17 by jack247

Energy and intensity is vital, of course it is, but you need a gameplan as well. He couldn’t have made it much easier for them.

He was right the first half was fairly even (I thought they shaded it) but that was because they really aren’t up to much either. Two very poor teams and they were still comfortably better than us in the second half.

I thought the same.

Swans have played controlled Swanselona style football so well in the recent Doube Doube era.
Last night was the other side of the coin.

I think constantly selling our better players is not helping.
I think making so many late signings is not helping.

I think we will get better and we will need to to stay up.

Joey was a big miss, Fulton nowhere near as good.
Oli Coops, Cabango, and Cullen should all have started.

I rate Oli very highly.

Beware of the Risen People

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 1382 viewsGwyn737

100% this.

However it’s a sad state of affairs that we’ve been reduced to needing hwyl to win this fixture, instead of good football played by talented players.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 11:43 - Sep 17 with 1211 viewsCimlaHillJack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:13 - Sep 17 by Gwyn737

100% this.

However it’s a sad state of affairs that we’ve been reduced to needing hwyl to win this fixture, instead of good football played by talented players.

It was always going to a sticky start. So get back to basics.
4/4/2 or 4/5/1.

Give players a chance to play in their positions.
This wing back nonsense is a modern fallacy.

We have full backs trying to be midfielders.
We have centre halves trying to be midfielders.

There’s a reason they are not midfielders.

Duff could and should have put his process in place slowly.
But he has completely destroyed any passing.

The players look completely lost.

I know Grimsey takes stick for slowing things down but I felt for him
Yesterday. The wing backs neither defended nor attacked. And the others were in
limbo, with no direction.

How can you direct decent footballers to play hoof ball
after decades of pass and move ?

A slow change and some tweaks would have been the better option.

Listening to Duff last night, he sounded as stubborn and RM, if not more so.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 12:19 - Sep 17 with 1145 viewsmax936

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 07:53 - Sep 17 by jack247

We don't seem to have any leaders, game changers or a Captain for me we were shocking 6/10 first half, 3/10 2nd half.

Midfield is in dire need of some creativity, there must be unattached players out there who could do a better job in midfield than what we got at out disposal at the moment, lets face it it shouldn't be hard.

Fulton is a steady eddie but not what we needed at the moment as for our Captain I think its all been said.

The buck stops with Duff though and he looks way out of his depth as a Championship Manager, doesn't seem to have a clue in all honesty. Shocking!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 13:47 - Sep 17 with 1025 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 12:19 - Sep 17 by max936

We don't seem to have any leaders, game changers or a Captain for me we were shocking 6/10 first half, 3/10 2nd half.

Midfield is in dire need of some creativity, there must be unattached players out there who could do a better job in midfield than what we got at out disposal at the moment, lets face it it shouldn't be hard.

Fulton is a steady eddie but not what we needed at the moment as for our Captain I think its all been said.

The buck stops with Duff though and he looks way out of his depth as a Championship Manager, doesn't seem to have a clue in all honesty. Shocking!

I’m not sure about game changers. We don’t have an Ntcham, but Patino has shown he can thread a through ball out of nowhere or put a cross exactly where the striker wants it. Ginelly has a bit of pace, bit of trickery and is willing to run at people.

Everything else I agree with Max. Our midfield has been overrun every game. I’m sure that could be put right with a formational tweak, but it appears he’s willing to keep persevering with something that doesn’t work. We’ve been here before.

Fulton goes missing for me. He’s great winning possession and putting tackles in, but doesn’t want it to feet in congested areas, so doesn’t give the back three an easy option when they are trying to play out.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 14:34 - Sep 17 with 978 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 13:47 - Sep 17 by jack247

I’m not sure about game changers. We don’t have an Ntcham, but Patino has shown he can thread a through ball out of nowhere or put a cross exactly where the striker wants it. Ginelly has a bit of pace, bit of trickery and is willing to run at people.

Everything else I agree with Max. Our midfield has been overrun every game. I’m sure that could be put right with a formational tweak, but it appears he’s willing to keep persevering with something that doesn’t work. We’ve been here before.

Fulton goes missing for me. He’s great winning possession and putting tackles in, but doesn’t want it to feet in congested areas, so doesn’t give the back three an easy option when they are trying to play out.

Seems simple to me. Go with a back four and two holding midfield, Grimes and Fulton with Patino more advanced. Yates up top with Cullen and Lowe either side. Change the players if you like but go with the system. But what do I know.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 14:50 - Sep 17 with 960 viewsmax936

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 13:47 - Sep 17 by jack247

Ntcham, Piroe and Manning all three can and have scored goals out of seemingly nothing, I don't see players in this current squad being able to so that!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 14:54 - Sep 17 with 954 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 14:34 - Sep 17 by Whiterockin

Seems simple to me. Go with a back four and two holding midfield, Grimes and Fulton with Patino more advanced. Yates up top with Cullen and Lowe either side. Change the players if you like but go with the system. But what do I know.

Yeah I agree. We’ve been here before with managers refusing to change ineffective formations!
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 15:00 - Sep 17 with 933 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 14:50 - Sep 17 by max936

Ntcham, Piroe and Manning all three can and have scored goals out of seemingly nothing, I don't see players in this current squad being able to so that!

Piroe got another two today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024