Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gazball 08:33 - Apr 30 with 28331 viewsDWQPR

Was thinking that if more teams adopted Gazball as we’ve seen in the last couple of matches, could it leave the ball left on the halfway line with both teams sitting deep in their own halves waiting for the other team to make a move?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Gazball on 20:25 - May 2 with 2439 viewskensalriser

Scowen was a decent enough player for us at the time but he had his limitations and the fact he hasn't been seen in the Championship since he left QPR speaks for itself.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gazball on 20:28 - May 2 with 2425 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 20:12 - May 2 by QPR_John

Come and work for us, successfully meet the immediate target you are given then you can pack your bags so we can go back to playing the flowing entertaining football that was so successful before you arrived.

Exactly! Not the greatest way to treat someone who has done nothing but bleed blue and white since he first walked in through the door 20 years ago, is it?
Gazball on 21:10 - May 2 with 2341 viewsdaveB

Gazball on 18:12 - May 2 by E15Hoop

Good. Because the "sign a f*cking striker" brigade were certainly out in force not that long ago. Hopefully the message that we have less of a pot to p*ss in even than this time last year now, might have finally sunk in, and when people start demanding Man City type entertainment and results (which they will) and throwing all kinds of sh*t at the management and the board (which some already seem to be priming themselves to do) they might remember that the real world doesn't quite work like that.

But no one is demanding us to be like Man City
I'd like us to compete with Luton and Coventry and not sure why that is seen as such a big ask.
Gazball on 21:38 - May 2 with 2256 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 21:10 - May 2 by daveB

But no one is demanding us to be like Man City
I'd like us to compete with Luton and Coventry and not sure why that is seen as such a big ask.

And if we're competing with Luton and Coventry successfully in terms of league position, will you still be happy if we're not playing a version of football that you would identify as Warbs or Bealeball?
Gazball on 22:02 - May 2 with 2203 viewsdaveB

Gazball on 21:38 - May 2 by E15Hoop

And if we're competing with Luton and Coventry successfully in terms of league position, will you still be happy if we're not playing a version of football that you would identify as Warbs or Bealeball?

if we are able to compete in the top half as Luton & Coventry have I'd be delighted, I personally don't think you can do that playing our current style that we've seen under the last 2 managers but would love to be proved wrong
Gazball on 22:35 - May 2 with 2110 viewsdistortR

Gazball on 17:53 - May 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

The last sentence is all anyone can ask for.

I want the f'cking moon, mate.

Gazball on 23:00 - May 2 with 2023 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gazball on 22:35 - May 2 by distortR

I want the f'cking moon, mate.

Gazball on 23:16 - May 2 with 1982 viewsloftboy

For those moaning about our lack of possession , here’s stokes view

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/308542/82-possession?page=1

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Gazball on 23:38 - May 2 with 1918 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gazball on 23:16 - May 2 by loftboy

For those moaning about our lack of possession , here’s stokes view

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/308542/82-possession?page=1

“I'm sick to the back teeth of pass, pass, pass just for the sake of it. We go nowhere, it isn't progressive and gets people wound up.

It's got to the point now where people are scared to pass forward for fear of giving it away. So they pass it sideways or back instead”

Sounds like Fleetwood away.
Gazball on 05:49 - May 3 with 1780 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 23:38 - May 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

“I'm sick to the back teeth of pass, pass, pass just for the sake of it. We go nowhere, it isn't progressive and gets people wound up.

It's got to the point now where people are scared to pass forward for fear of giving it away. So they pass it sideways or back instead”

Sounds like Fleetwood away.

Exactly! Or anyone of 20 or 30 other matches around that time!
Some people have short memories...
Gazball on 07:20 - May 3 with 1721 viewsdistortR

Gazball on 23:00 - May 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Gazball on 07:53 - May 3 with 1670 viewsDejR_vu

Gazball on 12:59 - May 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are we seriously saying Millwall don’t play industrial football?

Coventry is worse trouble than we are in regards to FFP and have a fragile situation in regards to income / expenditure to say the least. At least we own our second biggest income stream.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 13:01]

You’re arguing with yourself now, Baz

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Gazball on 08:24 - May 3 with 1605 viewsDejR_vu

Gazball on 19:31 - May 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

That worked out well for Warburton didn’t it.

Disagree he wasn’t good enough. A subject of snobbery, like Dom Ball, that ultimately backfired on us.

Warburton gave us our best seasons, best finishes and best football since relegation. He did a better job than any of the others.

Gazball on 08:28 - May 3 with 1607 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 08:24 - May 3 by DejR_vu

Warburton gave us our best seasons, best finishes and best football since relegation. He did a better job than any of the others.

But he also gave us a long losing streak at the end of last season which he couldn't come up with an alternative plan to stop, unlike Gaz.
Gazball on 08:29 - May 3 with 1599 viewswombat

he did until he run out of steam and the passing across the back four was bloody awful to watch , im happy to give GA a go with a direct style of football who knows he might supprise a few people in the league not used to having players in there faces as much as we will be doing . nobody can say they enjoyed warburtons press conferences esp towards the end , fine margins taking care of the ball every single week , give me some passion slightly mental manager every day of the week , we dont do bland managers

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Gazball on 08:32 - May 3 with 1574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The new narrative that only slightly eccentric characters succeed at Rangers is odd.

Alec Stock, Dave Sexton and Don Howe were all superb for us. Warburton was excellent for quite some time, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gazball on 08:45 - May 3 with 1547 viewsDejR_vu

Interesting thread / points of view.

I was sceptical if GA’s appointment. We could have done it multiple times, there must have been reasons why we didn’t. It seemed like an act of desperation from a Board flailing around, not knowing what to do, rolling the dice, hoping, but at least throwing the fans a bone to keep them quiet (again).

I hoped that GA’s WW was a product of his surroundings and that he was adaptable. I cling to that hope and that what we have seen has been a pragmatic approach (I was calling for the Warnock low block, counter-attack approach) to get us out of the sh1t.

At this stage, I think we have to shut our eyes, hold on tight and hope to be pleasantly surprised. We can’t take a bloke with blue and white hooped blood, away from a decade at WW, then sack him 3 months later. Even if we did, the Board would be guessing again anyway, they would be fvcking GA and the club.

If what we have seen carries on though, and fails, it will set us back years. I’m on record as being a big admirer of Warburton. I thought he did an amazing job, under the circumstances; look at the train wreck since he left. All the foundations he took years to lay have been bulldozed in a few chaotic, disastrous months. If this doesn’t work, we have to start all over again.

I’ve said it before, I genuinely worry about the future of the club and if it survives without the owners who have put us in this mess. It seems to be our survival rests on the continued patience of people who make things worse with every decision. So, if this goes badly, will we even have a chance to re-build?

Gazball on 08:52 - May 3 with 1517 viewsDejR_vu

Gazball on 08:29 - May 3 by wombat

he did until he run out of steam and the passing across the back four was bloody awful to watch , im happy to give GA a go with a direct style of football who knows he might supprise a few people in the league not used to having players in there faces as much as we will be doing . nobody can say they enjoyed warburtons press conferences esp towards the end , fine margins taking care of the ball every single week , give me some passion slightly mental manager every day of the week , we dont do bland managers

Opinions. I thought Warburton gave us far, far more good than bad. I would take him over any of the other managers we’ve had since relegation.

Gazball on 09:00 - May 3 with 1493 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 08:45 - May 3 by DejR_vu

Interesting thread / points of view.

I was sceptical if GA’s appointment. We could have done it multiple times, there must have been reasons why we didn’t. It seemed like an act of desperation from a Board flailing around, not knowing what to do, rolling the dice, hoping, but at least throwing the fans a bone to keep them quiet (again).

I hoped that GA’s WW was a product of his surroundings and that he was adaptable. I cling to that hope and that what we have seen has been a pragmatic approach (I was calling for the Warnock low block, counter-attack approach) to get us out of the sh1t.

At this stage, I think we have to shut our eyes, hold on tight and hope to be pleasantly surprised. We can’t take a bloke with blue and white hooped blood, away from a decade at WW, then sack him 3 months later. Even if we did, the Board would be guessing again anyway, they would be fvcking GA and the club.

If what we have seen carries on though, and fails, it will set us back years. I’m on record as being a big admirer of Warburton. I thought he did an amazing job, under the circumstances; look at the train wreck since he left. All the foundations he took years to lay have been bulldozed in a few chaotic, disastrous months. If this doesn’t work, we have to start all over again.

I’ve said it before, I genuinely worry about the future of the club and if it survives without the owners who have put us in this mess. It seems to be our survival rests on the continued patience of people who make things worse with every decision. So, if this goes badly, will we even have a chance to re-build?

Wasn't the second half against Burnley and the whole of the Stoke game an example of low-block, counter attacking football?
Certainly looked like it to me, and also to Andy Sinton, who said as much on the commentary for the Stoke game.
Gazball on 09:02 - May 3 with 1479 viewsDejR_vu

Gazball on 09:00 - May 3 by E15Hoop

Wasn't the second half against Burnley and the whole of the Stoke game an example of low-block, counter attacking football?
Certainly looked like it to me, and also to Andy Sinton, who said as much on the commentary for the Stoke game.

I’m agreeing with you. Exactly what we needed and what, under the circumstances, I wanted him to do.

Gazball on 09:17 - May 3 with 1463 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 09:02 - May 3 by DejR_vu

I’m agreeing with you. Exactly what we needed and what, under the circumstances, I wanted him to do.

Great - but how does that "set us back years" then, given its got us 8 points from a possible 15 in the last 5 games (playoff form if extrapolated over the whole season) plus got the Stoke fans bitching about how dissatisfied they are with their own side's pointless sideways and backwards passing?
Man City scored two goals against Arsenal recently that were basically three passes - one from the goalkeeper to midfield, one from midfield to attack, and an interplay between two attackers, and everyone w*nks themselves stupid about how "thrilling and dynamic" it is. We do long pass to the front man, classic hold up and lay with nice control, then shot from an attacker or attacking midfield player, and we have our own fans crying over how we've turned the dial back 30 years, and its the end of football as we know it!
Could someone please explain why there's this collective meltdown going on, because I really don't understand it?!
Gazball on 09:39 - May 3 with 1410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It seems to me you're the only one melting down, E15. I'm getting worried about you at this stage.

The rest of us are just chatting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gazball on 09:43 - May 3 with 1384 viewsDejR_vu

Gazball on 09:17 - May 3 by E15Hoop

Great - but how does that "set us back years" then, given its got us 8 points from a possible 15 in the last 5 games (playoff form if extrapolated over the whole season) plus got the Stoke fans bitching about how dissatisfied they are with their own side's pointless sideways and backwards passing?
Man City scored two goals against Arsenal recently that were basically three passes - one from the goalkeeper to midfield, one from midfield to attack, and an interplay between two attackers, and everyone w*nks themselves stupid about how "thrilling and dynamic" it is. We do long pass to the front man, classic hold up and lay with nice control, then shot from an attacker or attacking midfield player, and we have our own fans crying over how we've turned the dial back 30 years, and its the end of football as we know it!
Could someone please explain why there's this collective meltdown going on, because I really don't understand it?!

Because it was very much a horse for that particular course. I don't think it will work over an entire season, although I appreciate there will be some games where it will be necessary / effective.

But, as others have said, it's not just about that. It's the slop that came before. Before Burnley, it looked like GA didn't have a clue. If he thinks he's hit on a formula that works and is intending to go with it over the whole season, as I say, I don't think it will work and patience will be very thin if it doesn't. He can't go back to the cr@p the team was serving up before. So, he has to find an effective middle-ground.

Like I say, I'm hoping he's adaptable. But if he's not and builds a team to play as we have done in the last two games, I think that will set us back years because when he's gone, we will have to start from scratch again, and there must be a limit to anyone's patience when they're spending £2m a month. Without the current owners, as dreadful as they've been for the club, we're screwed. Under the current rules of the competition, I cant see anyone else coming in to save the club, so if they get fed-up, we go under, imo.

Gazball on 09:55 - May 3 with 1343 viewsE15Hoop

Gazball on 09:43 - May 3 by DejR_vu

Because it was very much a horse for that particular course. I don't think it will work over an entire season, although I appreciate there will be some games where it will be necessary / effective.

But, as others have said, it's not just about that. It's the slop that came before. Before Burnley, it looked like GA didn't have a clue. If he thinks he's hit on a formula that works and is intending to go with it over the whole season, as I say, I don't think it will work and patience will be very thin if it doesn't. He can't go back to the cr@p the team was serving up before. So, he has to find an effective middle-ground.

Like I say, I'm hoping he's adaptable. But if he's not and builds a team to play as we have done in the last two games, I think that will set us back years because when he's gone, we will have to start from scratch again, and there must be a limit to anyone's patience when they're spending £2m a month. Without the current owners, as dreadful as they've been for the club, we're screwed. Under the current rules of the competition, I cant see anyone else coming in to save the club, so if they get fed-up, we go under, imo.

That's always a danger in any event, and would have been exactly the same if they'd kept Warburton on and we'd had another long losing streak.
We're losing £2m a month irrespective of who manages us and the style of football that's being played.
Gazball on 09:55 - May 3 with 1341 viewsdaveB

Gazball on 08:28 - May 3 by E15Hoop

But he also gave us a long losing streak at the end of last season which he couldn't come up with an alternative plan to stop, unlike Gaz.

We did win 2 of our last 4 games last season under Warbs so he did stop the rot in the end after going 6 games without a win
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024