Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing 15:51 - Feb 6 with 57361 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club just teasing a new signing on twitter...

must be an out of contract player?

Bare bones.

New Signing on 22:11 - Feb 6 with 2909 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Signing on 22:05 - Feb 6 by paulparker

Kelman not been given a chance and Armstrong has been a sub here and there
How will we ever know what they can do if you don’t play them , now is the chance to give them a run of 5-10 games but no we are going for a big fat waste of space
Been here before with BOS and Manning and looked what happened there

Kelman has scored 4 goals in 30 this season. In League Two.

I’m not writing him off yet but you / we would be on his back if he was here so let’s not pretend Martin has is blocking the answer to our prayers.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 22:15]
New Signing on 22:21 - Feb 6 with 2810 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 21:57 - Feb 6 by stanistheman

If he can reproduce that form for QPR those dissing this deal will have humble pie to eat.😁

If he comes in and scores 25 goals I'll still say the same thing. It's not about if he's any good or not. I get why they've had to sign him, it's a farce that we need to though.

For a club that needs to develop players to sell on and progress we are a joke. Any kid with an ounce of ability is out on loan playing mens football, mostly in non league, what's the point of a new training ground, great facilities all these coaches if the players worth developing are not in the building. 3 years in now Charlie Kellman, should have been on loan year 1, on the bench year 2 and playing this year. If he was no good move him on. Not even a hint of getting him involved. Niko Travelman had a similar pathway, 4 years out on loan, had to give him a new deal as we still had no idea what he was like as he'd not been here and when we finally saw him he was crap and it was too late. Kellman will probably get a run in the side in 2 years if he's lucky.

To have a team full of loans with the only one who will be here next season never playing, completely dead money. to go into a season having lost 2 forwards from last year and not replace either of them and be left with Armstrong who we never pick (won the only 2 games he started before being cast aside for 4 months) and Bonne who didn't start a single game. We signed 2 loan forwards, both of them apparently better out wide which makes you wonder why we signed them and then wonder why we never score any goals and why we have no forwards is farcical from the club. They deserve all the stick they are getting and more.

We are currently on our worst goalscoring run since 1968/69. 54 years, let that sink in. 7 goals in 14 games. If we hadn't scored at the weekend it would have been our worst goalscoring run for over 100 years.

We had an opportunity last summer, big wages of Austin and Gray gone, Barbet, Wallace on decent money both gone. Go out and use the budget to strengthen the squad. We spunked the money on loan players again and are now left having to sign a 34 year because we had no one else. If it works great but it's pure luck if it does. Absolute shambles
New Signing on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 2799 viewswombat

New Signing on 22:21 - Feb 6 by daveB

If he comes in and scores 25 goals I'll still say the same thing. It's not about if he's any good or not. I get why they've had to sign him, it's a farce that we need to though.

For a club that needs to develop players to sell on and progress we are a joke. Any kid with an ounce of ability is out on loan playing mens football, mostly in non league, what's the point of a new training ground, great facilities all these coaches if the players worth developing are not in the building. 3 years in now Charlie Kellman, should have been on loan year 1, on the bench year 2 and playing this year. If he was no good move him on. Not even a hint of getting him involved. Niko Travelman had a similar pathway, 4 years out on loan, had to give him a new deal as we still had no idea what he was like as he'd not been here and when we finally saw him he was crap and it was too late. Kellman will probably get a run in the side in 2 years if he's lucky.

To have a team full of loans with the only one who will be here next season never playing, completely dead money. to go into a season having lost 2 forwards from last year and not replace either of them and be left with Armstrong who we never pick (won the only 2 games he started before being cast aside for 4 months) and Bonne who didn't start a single game. We signed 2 loan forwards, both of them apparently better out wide which makes you wonder why we signed them and then wonder why we never score any goals and why we have no forwards is farcical from the club. They deserve all the stick they are getting and more.

We are currently on our worst goalscoring run since 1968/69. 54 years, let that sink in. 7 goals in 14 games. If we hadn't scored at the weekend it would have been our worst goalscoring run for over 100 years.

We had an opportunity last summer, big wages of Austin and Gray gone, Barbet, Wallace on decent money both gone. Go out and use the budget to strengthen the squad. We spunked the money on loan players again and are now left having to sign a 34 year because we had no one else. If it works great but it's pure luck if it does. Absolute shambles

To those who saw the immortal bob malcom run into midfield , sat could see something even slower ,this sat good luck to him , and might surprise a few , but god he was slow last time her was here

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New Signing on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 2797 viewsVancouverHoop

New Signing on 22:11 - Feb 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Kelman has scored 4 goals in 30 this season. In League Two.

I’m not writing him off yet but you / we would be on his back if he was here so let’s not pretend Martin has is blocking the answer to our prayers.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 22:15]

I watched the top of the table clash between Orient and Stevenage recently. Aside from a few nice touches around the top of the penalty area early on, Kelman was pretty much invisible and one of the early subs.

A player who really did stand out was ex-R Paul Smyth. We let a live one go there without a doubt.
New Signing on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 2797 viewsgobbles

Martin is clearly here as cover for Dykes.
Dykes has been in hospital for more than a week. That only happens if you are very sick these days. I would guess we won;t see Dykes for at least a month, maybe much longer.
We also have no idea how he will be used. Maybe he will just be on the bench as cover.
New Signing on 22:36 - Feb 6 with 2738 viewsstanistheman

New Signing on 21:54 - Feb 6 by daveB

How do we know he's not championship level? been here 3 seasons started 1 league game. We spent money on him as well. So much for the club giving players a chance, our idea of developing players is to send them somewhere else, it's laughable

“How do we know he is not Championship level” you ask.

How many goals has he scored at League 2 level for the league leaders? 3,4. He played in a few games for us including as a sub and never looked like scoring.

If Kelman had got in double figures on loan I would say he could be ready, but he hasn’t. I will be amazed if he gets anywhere near that by the end of the season.
New Signing on 22:39 - Feb 6 with 2717 viewsDejR_vu

Under the circumstances, I can’t see that we could have done any better. He seems to be fit (unlike many of our squad), plays regularly, so doesn’t appear to have an attitude problem (unlike some of our players), presumably wants to be here (which doesn’t appear to be the case with some of our players), comes across as a decent lad. I’d rather have him than Bonne.

The frustration and anger should, imo, be directed at those that have left us in a situation where we have no choice but to pick up a 34 year old free agent on a 5 month deal. It’s beyond farcical that they’re still in a job. I can’t believe that TF and RG would allow this sort of performance, over this prolonged period, in their businesses.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New Signing on 22:44 - Feb 6 with 2670 viewsCamberleyR

New Signing on 22:24 - Feb 6 by gobbles

Martin is clearly here as cover for Dykes.
Dykes has been in hospital for more than a week. That only happens if you are very sick these days. I would guess we won;t see Dykes for at least a month, maybe much longer.
We also have no idea how he will be used. Maybe he will just be on the bench as cover.

Dykes is done for the season I'd say. You don't recover from pneumonia that quickly, even as a professional athlete. Depending how serious a bout it was he may not even be ready for pre-season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

New Signing on 22:44 - Feb 6 with 2673 viewsHoopstar

I have also watched a fair bit of League Two the last couple years as go to the odd Crawley game with friends - it really is an awful standard compared to Champ. A player Kelmans age should really shine at that level id thwy are going to make it. Stevenage fans still mention Chair as one of the best players they have seen down there as an example.
New Signing on 23:06 - Feb 6 with 2544 viewsozexile

Top post
New Signing on 23:07 - Feb 6 with 2534 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 22:36 - Feb 6 by stanistheman

“How do we know he is not Championship level” you ask.

How many goals has he scored at League 2 level for the league leaders? 3,4. He played in a few games for us including as a sub and never looked like scoring.

If Kelman had got in double figures on loan I would say he could be ready, but he hasn’t. I will be amazed if he gets anywhere near that by the end of the season.

You may well be right but some players do well on loan and not well here, if we don't put them in a QPR shirt and see him play for us alongside supposidly better players how can we ever know? 3 seasons in now and never picked him, what was the point of signing him
New Signing on 23:34 - Feb 6 with 2401 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New Signing on 18:12 - Feb 6 by paulparker

I don’t know what’s more unbelievable the fact we signed this fat useless lump or that the usual suspects are coming on here saying it’s a good signing and we are lucky that he is coming here to do us a favour
I’d rather recall Kelman or play Armstrong for 3 months

Is he going to get us in the play-offs? Unlikely. Are we going to go down without him? We've won 1 from 15 and we're still 12 points above the relegation zone. Again, unlikely. So why not blood some youngsters if that's 'the model'? It's almost like the board don't have a scooby.
New Signing on 23:47 - Feb 6 with 2393 viewsconnell10

New Signing on 23:34 - Feb 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Is he going to get us in the play-offs? Unlikely. Are we going to go down without him? We've won 1 from 15 and we're still 12 points above the relegation zone. Again, unlikely. So why not blood some youngsters if that's 'the model'? It's almost like the board don't have a scooby.

As I said we flip and flop. We say one thing then do another .....you can see why we have no consistency on the pitch , there's no consistency coming from the top. Please Rangers just stick to one thing. I'm getting a bit pissed off with this.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New Signing on 00:11 - Feb 7 with 2326 viewsNorthernr

Yes mate.
New Signing on 00:11 - Feb 7 with 2323 viewsLazyFan

New Signing on 23:34 - Feb 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

When we get to 50 pts I expect the young uns to get their chance. This is a plaster fix to stop the bleeding.

If it works, we can build for next season, if it fails, we shall be in for the relegation dog fight!

zzzzzzzzzz

New Signing on 00:17 - Feb 7 with 2308 viewsactonman

The sort of player we should be signing as 4th choice striker as an option when we might have to mix it up a bit in the odd game but it appears to be a desperation signing as we have no other options.
Good luck Chris , hope you smash it
Confirms all we already know that we as a club we are just p!ssin in the wind hoping to not get covered in the yellow stuff
10 years ago we dropped out the epl and decided to set a new path of doing things the right way and developing our own players and building an infrastructure….. and this is where we are ?
New Signing on 00:45 - Feb 7 with 2264 viewsCLAREMAN1995

New Signing on 21:45 - Feb 6 by stevec

Quite happy if he’s here just to see this season out, largely on the basis we can’t get any worse than we already are.

He might even teach some of ours the dark arts, that’s if they can be bothered to learn.

Also, be funny if he ends up scoring more than Dykes in the remaining 16 games.

I watched his interview I like what I heard and hopefully he can bang in a few goals.
We need a big target man because Lowe is not built for the battle but can use his quickness to pick up the scraps and finish a couple.
Lets get behind him Saturday and he might hit the ground running.
He does not look all that fat btw
New Signing on 08:03 - Feb 7 with 1855 viewsNorthantsHoop

Actually not a bad signing as long as he is fit. We need a target man someone that can mix it up a bit and hassle defenders. Hugill was superb at doing that type of role for us, much better than Dykes, so hopefully Martin can get stuck in and get a few goals as well and allow Lowe to feed off his knock ons etc. Wells and Hugill did this very well together, so hopefully Lowe and Martin can offer something similar.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 8:04]
New Signing on 08:10 - Feb 7 with 1812 viewsgazza1

I do not particularly like Martin, we will have to wait and see if he is better for QPR than LD is....it should not be too difficult.
New Signing on 08:12 - Feb 7 with 1804 viewsstevec

Of course, we won’t be needing loan after loan or 34 year old centre forwards past their best as soon as our academy based solution does it’s magic.

They could remake the Wizard of Oz with Les, Ramsey and Paul Hall skipping along the yellow brick road behind Lee Hoos as they seek salvation from a false god.
New Signing on 08:14 - Feb 7 with 1800 viewsE17hoop

Just checked and Furs was 34 when he signed for us.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

New Signing on 08:29 - Feb 7 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent post, Dave.

I've no problem with this signing in isolation, but it does once more highlight how poor our squad is, and how poor our squad building has been for some time now.

Major changes needed at the club in the summer.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Signing on 08:30 - Feb 7 with 1735 viewskropotkin41

Truthfully, he wouldn't need to score too many to be a huge improvement. If he scores even 4 or 5 before the end of the season that'd be pretty big.
As some have pointed out, a cursory Google at pneumonia recovery times suggests that we well might not see LD again this season.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

New Signing on 08:33 - Feb 7 with 1708 viewsEsox_Lucius

New Signing on 18:09 - Feb 6 by Hooping_Mad

Played 3 scored 3 so far. For what it's worth.

On that basis, Alfie Lloyd should be the 1st name on the teamsheet.

The grass is always greener.

New Signing on 08:46 - Feb 7 with 1636 viewsconnell10

Dave you have managed to put into words exactly how i feel. We never ever stick to a plan! Its becoming a joke now! There must be a awful lot of diffrent input from various sections of the club! STICK WITH ONE PLAN PLEASE!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024