Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 23:08 - Jan 17 with 18298 viewsNotLoyal

In memory of a fellow Jack who passed away this week, Sean O’Regan who touched the hearts of many on here, and on other groups we are a part of this weeks thread is dedicated to Sean. He used to run and then helped out on the Red Lion bus to games from Swansea. RIP Sean and indeed Gwynedd ‘come on my lovely boys’ Rosser the voice of the North Bank.

From us all here at Swansea Independent, you will forever be Jacks Bastards.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59391/russell-martin-ful
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59393/new-swansea-city-f
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59395
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59396/team-news-qpr-v-sw
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59413/qpr-v-swansea-city

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:12 - Jan 21 with 2037 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:08 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

so are mine too high?

And that one win is dependant on others losing too!

Clutching at straws now. If the Swans are that close to keeping everybody happy it amazes me that you’ve spent so long running them down. You can’t have it both ways.

My dog doesn’t need a walk, but he’s having one anyway.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:13 - Jan 21 with 2033 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:07 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Thread ended. Goodnight time to take the dog for a walk and have a smile.

Soiunds like a surrender to me

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:14 - Jan 21 with 2000 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:01 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

So one win away from your expectation ?

It would need to be consistent results. It would be very unlikely that we gain 3 points on all above us every-time we win.

For example, 1 win for the rest of the season probably gets us relegated.

1 win (let’s say Birmingham next, a game we should be expected to win), is likely to move us up 1 place (maybe 2).

For us to get into the top 6 it requires consistent gains with regular wins, something we have struggled to do for the last 18 months.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 20:15]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:20 - Jan 21 with 1963 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:11 - Jan 21 by swancity

Net spend is what matters. We are three or four points off a play off place. We are that close. Your comments are way wide of the mark and wide of reality too. In 2011 we already had lots of quality in the squad. Rodgers added to it at vital moments. We are not the same club. It’s not easy. But they’re doing quite well all things considered.

It doesn’t, as has been proven time and time again.

When Cooper was here he had a net spend of minus £40 million or something. We should have come bottom of the league in that respect.

For example. We go up this season:

Man City decide they are happy with their squad, stay as they are and spend nothing, but sell a couple of squad players for £50m combined.

We decide that in order to stay up we need to spend £30m and sell nobody.

Man City have a net spend of minus £50m and we have a net spend of plus £30m - should we finish above them?

Expectations are set on spend + squad value + budgets.

Ours combined is 6-8th.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:21 - Jan 21 with 1978 viewscadleigh

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:44 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

But did it spoil your day ?

The flares and the racist teens? Nah. They were annoying but I’ve endured worse.

The so-called ‘supporter’ who sang the Sala song until someone else remonstrated with him, and then punched both me and my son when we tried to calm him down? The one who asked ‘why are you defending a f@@king foreigner’ when we said jokes about Sala were out of order? Yes, that pretty much did.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:46 - Jan 21 with 1925 viewsNotLoyal

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:13 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

Soiunds like a surrender to me

Shout that too loud where I live and the last thing you will care about is Russell Martin.

Goodnight lovely.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:03 - Jan 21 with 1892 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:21 - Jan 21 by cadleigh

The flares and the racist teens? Nah. They were annoying but I’ve endured worse.

The so-called ‘supporter’ who sang the Sala song until someone else remonstrated with him, and then punched both me and my son when we tried to calm him down? The one who asked ‘why are you defending a f@@king foreigner’ when we said jokes about Sala were out of order? Yes, that pretty much did.

Good for you for trying to do something, we all get tarnished by scum like that, like it or not. Took some bottle mate.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:45 - Jan 21 with 1823 views1462jack

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:54 - Jan 21 by swancity

Most of our fans are quite rightly satisfied with our current performances and league position, taking everything into consideration

The last time we got out of this division in 2011 we had momentum, owners who were ( at that time ) ambitious not least with self motivating interests, but none the less wanted to reach the Premier League. Our Club is not what is once was. The owners aren’t ambitious and certainly aren’t injecting the money needed to throw the dice.

I can say with certainty that the manager is going a good job. I’d defy Klopp or Guardiola to get improved results with the squad we have. And with the lack of money to spend. It is what it is. We are punching our weight at the moment. Let’s see how it pans out….

Great post
Login to get fewer ads

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:48 - Jan 21 with 1801 viewsswancity

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:20 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It doesn’t, as has been proven time and time again.

When Cooper was here he had a net spend of minus £40 million or something. We should have come bottom of the league in that respect.

For example. We go up this season:

Man City decide they are happy with their squad, stay as they are and spend nothing, but sell a couple of squad players for £50m combined.

We decide that in order to stay up we need to spend £30m and sell nobody.

Man City have a net spend of minus £50m and we have a net spend of plus £30m - should we finish above them?

Expectations are set on spend + squad value + budgets.

Ours combined is 6-8th.

I was comparing net spending of various Swansea teams. You’ve brought Manchester City into the discussion but it’s irrelevant. Their third team would match our first eleven.

Swansea seem to have reverted to being a “ selling club “ in order to remain sustainable. That’s understandable. It underlines really that they certainly weren’t the owners to “ take the club to the next level “ as Huw Jenkins said😂.

Back to topic. Swansea are holding their own. All things considered. Over and out.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:22 - Jan 21 with 1744 viewsBoundy

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:44 - Jan 21 by Badlands

Why would they spend any more money for Martin?
He’s not a good investment.

Funny then that they must have thought of Cooper in the same light and they employed the pair of them in fact including Potter , a bit of pattern wouldn't you agree

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:36 - Jan 21 with 1693 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:48 - Jan 21 by swancity

I was comparing net spending of various Swansea teams. You’ve brought Manchester City into the discussion but it’s irrelevant. Their third team would match our first eleven.

Swansea seem to have reverted to being a “ selling club “ in order to remain sustainable. That’s understandable. It underlines really that they certainly weren’t the owners to “ take the club to the next level “ as Huw Jenkins said😂.

Back to topic. Swansea are holding their own. All things considered. Over and out.

Yes but that demonstrates the point, their third team would smash us yet our net spend (in my example) will be favourable and suggest we should beat them.

Again, Coopers net spend was minus £40m+ meaning we should have come bottom of the league if that was the case, however that wouldn’t represent the story would it?

Take Forest for example, if you take net spend into account they should come top 3. However that’s ignoring that their squad was incredibly weak to begin with. So despite spending £150m that has only brought them up to the level of the bottom 3 in terms of squad value. So again, net spend means nothing.

Net spend is a fallacy. So in terms of holding our own, we should be 6th-8th which aligns us with spend, squad value and budgets - not 6th-8th just for a week here or there.

Consistently.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 22:40]

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:37 - Jan 21 with 1692 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:46 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Shout that too loud where I live and the last thing you will care about is Russell Martin.

Goodnight lovely.

Is there need for this nonsense?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:57 - Jan 21 with 1665 viewscadleigh

As to the football itself, I thought we showed once again that (with the odd unforced error aside), we have the skill and ability to be in the top 6. But for at least half the game we had no pace and very little idea of how to get into dangerous positions. As I said earlier, thank God Ntcham brought some attacking energy to the game. All the more worrying that we let Oko-Flex go for lack of game time and we’ve recalled Whittaker just to sell him. I said 18 months ago that my worst nightmare with Martin is that he’ll paint us into a corner with his rebuilding of the squad and leave the next manager with another two seasons of rebalancing. I hope this window proves me wrong still.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:30 - Jan 22 with 1609 viewsmax936

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:34 - Jan 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The so called 'sellout' provided far more than the promised. The club is at the level it set as a target.

A sustainable club with top quality facilities low debt and a thriving academy. The club plays at the "sellouts" Stadium and has "sell out" sponsorship on the shorts.

The "true fans" owners have disappeared for about a year having failed to deliver on anything, They have made themselves irrelevant after being too timid to cash in any of their shares.

Shut up, the sellouts mainly your mate Huw sold the club under the pretence that your new mates could sustain the club in hard times, you with me so far {i doubt it] but its obvious to anybody with a modicum of sense [excluding you of course] that they can't, and their arses are twitching now because they're very little assets left to sell.

So pinning their hopes on Whittaker to gain a few Dollars.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:36 - Jan 22 with 1606 viewsmax936

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:48 - Jan 21 by swancity

That's one of your best ever posts fair play

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:39 - Jan 22 with 1595 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:30 - Jan 22 by max936

Shut up, the sellouts mainly your mate Huw sold the club under the pretence that your new mates could sustain the club in hard times, you with me so far {i doubt it] but its obvious to anybody with a modicum of sense [excluding you of course] that they can't, and their arses are twitching now because they're very little assets left to sell.

So pinning their hopes on Whittaker to gain a few Dollars.

“Huw sold the club under the pretence that your new mates could sustain the club in hard times.”

But they have done exactly that.

They got access to Jakes loan note which is due to be converted to equity. The roofers and vending machine workers don’t have access to those kind of revenue streams.

Again, not entirely sure why people are looking at the ownership here. They have done more than enough, financially helped the club, trying to run us at an even keel and still giving the manager millions to waste on players - not to mention the amount of leeway they have given him.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 01:10 - Jan 22 with 1576 viewsmax936

All in all Martin is doing the best he can with the tools he's got, a result today against a resilient QPR side, Hopefully Martin is coming to terms with the way forward and hope that a few quid can be passed his way to sign a couple of players needed to progress further

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 03:08 - Jan 22 with 1539 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 01:10 - Jan 22 by max936

All in all Martin is doing the best he can with the tools he's got, a result today against a resilient QPR side, Hopefully Martin is coming to terms with the way forward and hope that a few quid can be passed his way to sign a couple of players needed to progress further

On what basis is he doing the best he can with the players he has?

Show me your workings.

Looks a very clear case that we should be doing a lot better than we are. I can use an array of metrics to show that if you like?

Just interested in what you have based yours on?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:36 - Jan 22 with 1430 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:46 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Goodnight lovely.

This from someone who posted

“Isn’t it odd that the usual Martin dissenters can’t post without being rude and personally insulting causing the website issues. ”

Is this acceptable modeerRors or just for certain posters I was banned for less
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 8:37]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:57 - Jan 22 with 1395 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:36 - Jan 22 by vetchonian

“Isn’t it odd that the usual Martin dissenters can’t post without being rude and personally insulting causing the website issues. ”

Yes perfectly acceptable.
Stop complaining and disrupting the website.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:59 - Jan 22 with 1385 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:37 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Is there need for this nonsense?

Ditto.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:05 - Jan 22 with 1265 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:59 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

Ditto.

What nonsense have I posted?

We both know that post from NL was ridiculous, why are we pretending otherwise?

I’ve posted my views, not been personal, not slagged anyone off.

Show me if you think otherwise.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:07 - Jan 22 with 1268 viewsbuilthjack

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:54 - Jan 21 by swancity

Most of our fans are quite rightly satisfied with our current performances and league position, taking everything into consideration

The last time we got out of this division in 2011 we had momentum, owners who were ( at that time ) ambitious not least with self motivating interests, but none the less wanted to reach the Premier League. Our Club is not what is once was. The owners aren’t ambitious and certainly aren’t injecting the money needed to throw the dice.

I can say with certainty that the manager is going a good job. I’d defy Klopp or Guardiola to get improved results with the squad we have. And with the lack of money to spend. It is what it is. We are punching our weight at the moment. Let’s see how it pans out….

Good post N

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:14 - Jan 22 with 1238 viewsDr_Parnassus

Someone is going to have to outline what we are and what we aren’t allowed to talk about on this site then.

The second we are equating ‘having a well backed view which is against the site narrative’ to ‘underhand threats of violence for holding those views’ - then something is going wrong somewhere.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 1244 viewsFireboy2

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:36 - Jan 22 by vetchonian

You are embarrassing yourself now vetch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024