Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? 10:41 - Nov 24 with 4822 viewsHayesender

There's a 90's football page I follow on FB, and yesterday it popped up with the results from the weekend we won 3-0 at Goodison, with Bradley Allen scoring a hat-trick.

To this day its the best team performance I've ever seen, with the Everton fans applauding us off.

It's no exaggeration it could/should have been 6 or 7.

Any other stand out complete performances that stick in your memory?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:24 - Nov 24 with 1372 viewsCamberleyR

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:07 - Nov 24 by kernowhoop

Not sure that it meets the criterion of being 'complete' (because of conceding two goals), but QPR 5 Slovan Bratislava 2 was intensely enjoyable.

I think the same could be said for the 6-2 against Partizan Belgrade being 2-1 down. That was a brilliant display of attacking football that night where we cut them open and I was one of the 7 or 8 thousand there.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 16:29 - Nov 24 with 1306 viewsManinBlack

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:24 - Nov 24 by CamberleyR

I think the same could be said for the 6-2 against Partizan Belgrade being 2-1 down. That was a brilliant display of attacking football that night where we cut them open and I was one of the 7 or 8 thousand there.

Yes me too. We did have some good nights in both European adventures particularly at home against the better sides including Highbury. Unfortunately we didn't fare so well away where big first leg leads evaporated in both campaigns.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 16:37 - Nov 24 with 1304 viewspaulparker

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 14:22 - Nov 24 by Superhoop83

September 1992. It was a good job Bardsley's shot hit the net or it would have killed someone in the stands.

That was a second half performance, we were shocking in the 1st half of that game
Same as the Spurs game when we won 4-1 , it was all second half
The most complete for me was Preston at home 4-0 in that magilton mad week

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 17:01 - Nov 24 with 1278 viewsqpr_1968

most complete performances for me when it could have been more....
derby 1-5 qpr......1975
qpr 3-0 notts forest....1984
everton 0-3 qpr.....1993.

most complete performance and we never managed to score....
qpr 0-0 west ham.....1975
would love to know the statistics for that game, including the goal/s we had disallowed, and the times we hit the woodwork.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:12 - Nov 24 with 1250 viewsQPRSteve

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:24 - Nov 24 with 1237 viewsEsox_Lucius

Beating Wales in two consecutive home games with Josh Scowen signing off his QPR stint with a goal for the ages was a high level of entertainment.

The grass is always greener.

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:25 - Nov 24 with 1237 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’m probably 20+ years younger than most on here but a shout out for that week where we gubbed Cardiff and Swansea by five or six. Pure sauce.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:53 - Nov 24 with 1211 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:25 - Nov 24 by Watford_Ranger

I’m probably 20+ years younger than most on here but a shout out for that week where we gubbed Cardiff and Swansea by five or six. Pure sauce.

Wells extended his career by at least two years because of those results.
Login to get fewer ads

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 19:07 - Nov 24 with 1206 viewsManinBlack

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 17:01 - Nov 24 by qpr_1968

most complete performances for me when it could have been more....
derby 1-5 qpr......1975
qpr 3-0 notts forest....1984
everton 0-3 qpr.....1993.

most complete performance and we never managed to score....
qpr 0-0 west ham.....1975
would love to know the statistics for that game, including the goal/s we had disallowed, and the times we hit the woodwork.

Yes we had three disallowed against West Ham that I recall and over 30 shots. I don't know what it was with West Ham in the mid 70's but no matter how well we played against them we couldn't win. Not only the 0-0 but they knocked us out of the FA Cup and in the 75-76 season drew 1-1 and beat us 1-0.

So people can blame Norwich for losing the title but West Ham took 3 points off us that season which was more than costly. The Hammers were one of the few teams our great side failed to beat 75-76. Sorry gone a bit off thread but as the 0-0 domination was mentioned...
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 08:30 - Nov 26 with 1040 viewsThe_Beast1976

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:57 - Nov 24 by numptydumpty

I never went to the game but in the easter Saturday we beat Forest 4 - 3 with a Les hattrick and on the Easter Monday away to Everton and that time was 5 - 1 and another Les hattrick.

Was not there and never saw more than highlights on TV but the Everton fans were clapping our last couple of goals, almost in awe.

Please bring those days back chaps !!!

Heady days indeed
[Post edited 24 Nov 2022 14:00]

I was at both of those. It was 5-3 at Everton (having been 5-1 up, Everton got a couple more late on). Anyway, two fantastic performances (especially from Evil Les)
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 09:54 - Nov 26 with 999 viewsgigiisourgod

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:22 - Nov 24 by ManinBlack

The thing is we tend to play better against good sides and lose to poor opponents so any win against a crap team should be celebrated.

The 3-0 at Everton was great but tempered by the fact they almost got relegated that season so you can say they were poor not just against us. I was preferring the time we scored 5 there but in true QPR fashion we gave them two consolation goals in the final few minutes so 5-1 brilliant became 5-3 sloppy.

The 5-1 at Derby with a Bowles hat trick is hard to top. They were league champions and had beaten us 5-2 at the Baseball the previous season.

The first demolition job I remember seeing live was the 5-0 against Middlesbrough who I think were doing quite well and had Merson in the team at the time, whilst we were struggling a bit I believe (Paul Bruce / Mike Sheron team). “We want si(e)x”. Also the 6-0 against Palace on the final day from that era was a bit special but has obviously been a bit tarnished since.

In the Warnock years Wolves away (as already mentioned) had me dreaming of European football and a more controversial one (think it may have been the same month) was the Monday night at home to Newcastle. From memory we battered them and the game finished 0-0, often think what might have been if we got the rub of the green and slapped them 3-0, whether the players may have bought into it all more, etc etc.

Under Warburton the Reading demolition had a certain purr to it which reminded me what it felt like to support a good team again- shame that feeling was very short lived. Also enjoyed Reading at home this season, not a magnificent performance, but a performance of a team that was / is incredibly well coached.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 955 viewsSydneyRs

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 14:22 - Nov 24 by Superhoop83

September 1992. It was a good job Bardsley's shot hit the net or it would have killed someone in the stands.

Was in the Loft. Went to Paris with then GF next day wearing my QPR shirt and got a urrrs from a guy that didn't yet know the score. Pre internet times where I got to describe the game to him.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:27 - Nov 26 with 905 viewsloftboy

Arsenal at home in the fa cup replay 1990, they were reigning champions and we comprehensively out played them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 21:42 - Nov 26 with 878 viewsloftus77

1 January 1992.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 22:38 - Nov 26 with 852 viewsnumptydumpty

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 18:27 - Nov 26 by loftboy

Arsenal at home in the fa cup replay 1990, they were reigning champions and we comprehensively out played them.

Yep.

Peeing down and Sansom bullet strike after lot of pressure !!

Last few minutes Sinton !!

Fabulous atmosphere!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 22:40 - Nov 26 with 848 viewsnumptydumpty

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 21:42 - Nov 26 by loftus77

1 January 1992.

My new years day hangover alleviated.

What a shocker !!

Totally outplayed them.

Wegerle missed a sitter for 5 - 1

Certain Mark Hughes scored for them !!!
He left that project soon after !!!

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 02:04 - Nov 27 with 829 viewsSydneyRs

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 22:40 - Nov 26 by numptydumpty

My new years day hangover alleviated.

What a shocker !!

Totally outplayed them.

Wegerle missed a sitter for 5 - 1

Certain Mark Hughes scored for them !!!
He left that project soon after !!!

Was Brian McClair that got their goal.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 02:05 - Nov 27 with 824 viewsSydneyRs

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:24 - Nov 24 by CamberleyR

I was also on the North Bank that night as well as for the Reykjavik game.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 08:34 - Nov 27 with 783 viewsThe_Beast1976

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 12:42 - Nov 26 by SydneyRs

Was in the Loft. Went to Paris with then GF next day wearing my QPR shirt and got a urrrs from a guy that didn't yet know the score. Pre internet times where I got to describe the game to him.

Would love to go back in time to the 90s and do that game again!
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 10:12 - Nov 27 with 768 viewsnumptydumpty

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 02:04 - Nov 27 by SydneyRs

Was Brian McClair that got their goal.

My memory forgets

Les wasnt even playing that day

Dennis Bailey Hallelujah

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 12:23 - Nov 27 with 742 viewsSydneyRs

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 08:34 - Nov 27 by The_Beast1976

Would love to go back in time to the 90s and do that game again!

There's quite a lot of the 90s I'd like to do again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024