Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 100 people in the ground today 10:59 - Sep 11 with 24678 viewsbuilthjack

- will be carrying Covid.
It could be the person next to you.
Frightening. Perhaps wear a mask folks. Take hand gel.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 10:59]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:58 - Sep 19 with 752 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:20 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

But sir, there will be no unvaxxed people in the ground to spread it mun. They will all have tested negative ro they can't come in.

Do you really think there are fans in Swansea who will go to the game even though they know they have tested positive and could liberally kill an elderly fan or fellow supporter?

To answer your question, yes. I honestly think fans will fake a test so they can go even if they think they have covid because people can be spectacularly stupid and selfish.

I'll back that up with look at peoples behaviour in shops and other crowded places, refusing to distance or wear masks and even getting abusive with shop staff, yes people will behave very badly because they think it's their right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:27 - Sep 19 with 742 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:02 - Sep 19 by Scotia

I I think a fully vaxxed person is 50% less likely to get infected at all, so can't spread it in that case.

I also think a vaccinated person can carry a lower viral load so is still less likely to spread it. I don't think anyone knows the precise figures.

Of course an unvaccinated person is just spreading it everywhere with no mitigation.

The other thing to consider is that if everyone in a crowd was vaccinated there would be the additional reduction of an infected vaccinated person spreading it to another vaccinated person and it going no further, which wouldn't be the case among unvaccinated people.

The test system proposed by Drakers is a farce, the tests themselves are fine but the system is totally open to fraud.

How about some facts instead of maybes?
The viral load with the Delta variant for vaccinated people is basically the same as unvaccinated people.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/study-finds-vaccinated-can-carry-high-v

Next let's accept your 50% less likely to get infected at face value, your logic when applied to "hospitalisations and deaths" has to be reversed for passing the infection to someone else.
Let's take the over 50s , the most vulnerable group, there are 22 Million Vaxxed and only 700,000 unvaxxed.
Assuming that none of then are tested before entering the stadium.
For every 1 unvaxxed there are 31 vaxxed, apply that to 6000 in the stadium, for every 1 unvaxxed there will be 50% of 31 = 15.5 vaxxed so there will be 187 unvaxxed possible spreaders and 2906 vaxxed possible spreaders.
What about the under 50s, the lowest vaccinated group is 16-24s who are 70% vaccinated, so lets apply that to all the under 50s of which there are 29 million. so, another 6000 in the stadium, 1800 unvaxxed and 2100 vaxxed.

So 1987 unvaxxed spreaders and 5006 vaxxed spreaders.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:27 - Sep 19 with 742 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:20 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

But sir, there will be no unvaxxed people in the ground to spread it mun. They will all have tested negative ro they can't come in.

Do you really think there are fans in Swansea who will go to the game even though they know they have tested positive and could liberally kill an elderly fan or fellow supporter?

As Cat says there absolutely are those kind of people about.

Do you really think a lad who's been looking forward to the Cardiff game let something like that put him off? Especially when people think it's a trivial virus.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:32 - Sep 19 with 738 viewsjackrmee

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:58 - Sep 19 by Catullus

To answer your question, yes. I honestly think fans will fake a test so they can go even if they think they have covid because people can be spectacularly stupid and selfish.

I'll back that up with look at peoples behaviour in shops and other crowded places, refusing to distance or wear masks and even getting abusive with shop staff, yes people will behave very badly because they think it's their right.

Yeah but those people who refuse to wear masks or distance do not know that they definitely have covid.
If they knew they were definitely carrying the virus, I'm sure they would then be isolating, or at least keeping away from people.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:34 - Sep 19 with 737 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 07:45 - Sep 19 by Scotia

My house arrest comment was clearly a wind up. Why am I not surprised that you of all people didn't pick that up.

Thinking of it again, it may not be such a bad idea for some.

Well, your little jest about house arrest has been suggested by a very expert medical person.
But he suggests that it is the Vaccinated that need locking up, not the unvaccinated.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/video/frances-long-time-vaccine-policy-chief-covid-poli
Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:36 - Sep 19 with 734 viewsjackrmee

Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:27 - Sep 19 by Scotia

As Cat says there absolutely are those kind of people about.

Do you really think a lad who's been looking forward to the Cardiff game let something like that put him off? Especially when people think it's a trivial virus.

Well those people should be arrested in that case.
I would like to think that anyone who knows they actually have the virus, would not purposely go and mix with vulnerable people. You could be right though.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:52 - Sep 19 with 711 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:02 - Sep 19 by Scotia

I I think a fully vaxxed person is 50% less likely to get infected at all, so can't spread it in that case.

I also think a vaccinated person can carry a lower viral load so is still less likely to spread it. I don't think anyone knows the precise figures.

Of course an unvaccinated person is just spreading it everywhere with no mitigation.

The other thing to consider is that if everyone in a crowd was vaccinated there would be the additional reduction of an infected vaccinated person spreading it to another vaccinated person and it going no further, which wouldn't be the case among unvaccinated people.

The test system proposed by Drakers is a farce, the tests themselves are fine but the system is totally open to fraud.

Penultimate paragraph - you seem to be saying that one vaxxed person would spread it to another vaxxed person and it would go no further.

Of course it could.

And I’m any case what gives any unvaxxed persons carrying the virus the right to enter ground ?? Isn’t that akin to the risk a drink driver takes?

If the vaxxed and unvaxxed get tested and provide the results to the security staff - happy days. No need for discrimination then.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:01 - Sep 19 with 701 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:58 - Sep 19 by Catullus

More likely to be the double vaxxed behaving like that - the attitude seeps out into these threads - the dismissal of the rights of unvaccinated people , irresponsible, drunk drivers and all that. Even to gain entry to the Liberty the double vaccinated who mix together in nightclubs etc etc seem to be the people who with the I’m all right Jack sod the rest attitude.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 698 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:01 - Sep 19 by Brynmill_Jack

More likely to be the double vaxxed behaving like that - the attitude seeps out into these threads - the dismissal of the rights of unvaccinated people , irresponsible, drunk drivers and all that. Even to gain entry to the Liberty the double vaccinated who mix together in nightclubs etc etc seem to be the people who with the I’m all right Jack sod the rest attitude.

If everyone was vaccinated there would be little if any spread of the virus. That is how smallpox and polio were eradicated.

Less people being hospitalised, less people dying, everyone should be trying to do as much as possible to stop the virus spreading. The best way is to get vaccinated or if unvaccinated lock yourself away so you can't catch it and spread it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:18 - Sep 19 with 690 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:34 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, your little jest about house arrest has been suggested by a very expert medical person.
But he suggests that it is the Vaccinated that need locking up, not the unvaccinated.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/video/frances-long-time-vaccine-policy-chief-covid-poli

Prof Christian Perronne.

It seems everything he states there lacks evidence and has been disproven several times elsewhere.

At least he exists though. You believed an article by Dr Mike Williams published on the same website, who almost certainly doesn't.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 689 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:01 - Sep 19 by Brynmill_Jack

It's not and never has been a dismissal of rights, It's about personal reponsibility.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:26 - Sep 19 with 686 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:52 - Sep 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Penultimate paragraph - you seem to be saying that one vaxxed person would spread it to another vaxxed person and it would go no further.

Of course it could.

And I’m any case what gives any unvaxxed persons carrying the virus the right to enter ground ?? Isn’t that akin to the risk a drink driver takes?

If the vaxxed and unvaxxed get tested and provide the results to the security staff - happy days. No need for discrimination then.

No I'm saying exactly what I've written. In a group of vaccinated people transmission will be reduced because everyone is 50% likely to get infected at all. If they do get infected they may then be less likely to pass it on due to a potential lower viral load or not displaying symptoms.

It will be reduced, not eliminated.

Anybody who isn't vaccinated is more likely to catch covid, get symptoms, pass it on and take up a hospital bed.

If there is a completely reliable test to prove that you don't have the virus at the time you enter the ground then happy days indeed.

I just don't see how that can work in practice.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 677 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:19 - Sep 19 by Catullus

It's not and never has been a dismissal of rights, It's about personal reponsibility.

It is about personal responsibility, but the lack of it directly impacts others.

I wrote in the other thread about a paramedic friend collecting a desperately ill 41 year old covid patient. His lack of personal responsibility took an ambulance and crew away from another patient who may have needed it. He's currently in a hospital bed that someone who needed an operation that has been postponed could be lying in.

He chose not to be vaccinated, and other people have been impacted by that decision.

It's not dismissing the rights of the unvaccinated, its protecting everyone. This goes way beyond how and where you get the virus, it's about what happens when you do too.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:55 - Sep 19 with 673 viewsJack123

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:46 - Sep 19 by Scotia

It is about personal responsibility, but the lack of it directly impacts others.

I wrote in the other thread about a paramedic friend collecting a desperately ill 41 year old covid patient. His lack of personal responsibility took an ambulance and crew away from another patient who may have needed it. He's currently in a hospital bed that someone who needed an operation that has been postponed could be lying in.

He chose not to be vaccinated, and other people have been impacted by that decision.

It's not dismissing the rights of the unvaccinated, its protecting everyone. This goes way beyond how and where you get the virus, it's about what happens when you do too.

He must have had his reasons, it seems somewhat callous to me to talk about an ill person like that.

libera nos a malo

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:04 - Sep 19 with 659 views73__73

What about someone taking up a hospital bed , who smokes, takes drugs etc

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:16 - Sep 19 with 649 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:04 - Sep 19 by 73__73

What about someone taking up a hospital bed , who smokes, takes drugs etc

Do you honestly think that is similar in any way at all?
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 647 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:55 - Sep 19 by Jack123

He must have had his reasons, it seems somewhat callous to me to talk about an ill person like that.

It's hard to think of this situation in those terms, but unfortunately that is the reality.

I wish him well, I really do.

My concern is that his reasons were derived from some of the nonsense you read on here. It effects us all.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:27 - Sep 19 with 640 viewsJack123

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:19 - Sep 19 by Scotia

It's hard to think of this situation in those terms, but unfortunately that is the reality.

I wish him well, I really do.

My concern is that his reasons were derived from some of the nonsense you read on here. It effects us all.

I don't think nobody would ever deny themselves medical treatment on purpose, most probably the poor chap, shied away from the main stream media, and ended up where he is now, the people that have done this is the MSM, for going over the top with their constant fear mongering, I'm most probably in his boat, it was too much to get on board.

libera nos a malo

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:35 - Sep 19 with 620 viewsjackrmee

No offence, but that person is a rare instance. Many people who chose not to be vaccinated have caught the virus and were fine.
There's probably someone who's had the vaccine that got rushed in too.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:39 - Sep 19 with 613 viewsjackrmee

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:27 - Sep 19 by Jack123

I don't think nobody would ever deny themselves medical treatment on purpose, most probably the poor chap, shied away from the main stream media, and ended up where he is now, the people that have done this is the MSM, for going over the top with their constant fear mongering, I'm most probably in his boat, it was too much to get on board.

I agree. If we weren't lied to constantly then maybe people would believe what they say.
Barefaced lying mun.
It's now coming out that the US funded 'gain of function' research in that Wuhan lab! Something the "conspiracy theorists" were laughed at for suggesting a few months back.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:40 - Sep 19 with 613 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:26 - Sep 19 by Scotia

No I'm saying exactly what I've written. In a group of vaccinated people transmission will be reduced because everyone is 50% likely to get infected at all. If they do get infected they may then be less likely to pass it on due to a potential lower viral load or not displaying symptoms.

It will be reduced, not eliminated.

Anybody who isn't vaccinated is more likely to catch covid, get symptoms, pass it on and take up a hospital bed.

If there is a completely reliable test to prove that you don't have the virus at the time you enter the ground then happy days indeed.

I just don't see how that can work in practice.

I proved that your 50% is will not produce the reduction you suggest because there are up to 10 times as many Vaccinated as not.
Therefore even at a 50% reduction, which you have no proof of, there will still be up to 5 times as many potential spreaders depending on their ages.
Overall it at least twice as many Vaxxed spreaders as unvaxxed.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 610 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:40 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I proved that your 50% is will not produce the reduction you suggest because there are up to 10 times as many Vaccinated as not.
Therefore even at a 50% reduction, which you have no proof of, there will still be up to 5 times as many potential spreaders depending on their ages.
Overall it at least twice as many Vaxxed spreaders as unvaxxed.

You posted a misunderstood, assumption based and therefore incorrect and inaccurate calculation.

It's not proof, it's a 13 year olds maths problem.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:55 - Sep 19 with 603 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:49 - Sep 19 by Scotia

You posted a misunderstood, assumption based and therefore incorrect and inaccurate calculation.

It's not proof, it's a 13 year olds maths problem.

Prove it wrong then, if you can.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 603 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:27 - Sep 19 by Jack123

This is the problem.

The media haven't really gone over the top. It has occasionally veered towards fear mongering in some sources, but it's accurate. It really is a sh1t situation.

The people that have led to people like him ending up in hospital are those on twitter, Facebook etc spreading complete rubbish.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:59 - Sep 19 with 599 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:55 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Prove it wrong then, if you can.

When did those people get vaccinated?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024