Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2,300 21:38 - Apr 14 with 11495 viewsdilleydaler

Wakey Wakey. Big job for our Marketing Manager.
2,300 on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 2047 views49thseason

2,300 on 11:26 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

A genuine welcome to the club mate and its good to have you on board. Regarding your last question it would probably be easier for you to trawl back through relevant historic thread titles and that will give you a real feel of things. To try to highlight the issues now would take to long.

The product on the pitch isn't a problem,in fact with Hill in charge it's always been excellent. A new manager and a struggling team still wouldn't be a major problem to most fans I don't reckon, these things happen in football.

The fans are frustrated with the stagnation of off field efforts to promote the club and drive the club forward. it needs a shake up from top to bottom and re- branding.

Take a couple of hours to read the threads and you will feel the fans frustrations.

"The fans are frustrated with the stagnation of off field efforts to promote the club and drive the club forward. it needs a shake up from top to bottom and re- branding."

Have to say I wholly agree about re-branding. What we are currently doing off the pitch is clearly not working and we carry tons of baggage from the 1920s to the 2000s. We have no history worth mentioning up to the last 10 years... so dump it.

Lets get out of the last century and become a shiny new 21st century club with zany strips, multi-coloured stands and seats, loads of ticket options and offers, online competitions to win tickets, an executive club, a travel club,a kids club, a creche, a decent level of pre match and post match entertainment, decent pre match food, a proper club shop with brilliant online offers, ticket deals with local companies. The list goes on and on. For Gods sake, get the stadium deal closed and lets get busy!

If we continue to run the place like we have for the last 50 or 60 years we will continue to get what we have now.. not much. Embrace the change, share the excitement, get with the programme!!
2,300 on 21:32 - Apr 15 with 1998 viewsTalkingSutty

2,300 on 21:03 - Apr 15 by 49thseason

"The fans are frustrated with the stagnation of off field efforts to promote the club and drive the club forward. it needs a shake up from top to bottom and re- branding."

Have to say I wholly agree about re-branding. What we are currently doing off the pitch is clearly not working and we carry tons of baggage from the 1920s to the 2000s. We have no history worth mentioning up to the last 10 years... so dump it.

Lets get out of the last century and become a shiny new 21st century club with zany strips, multi-coloured stands and seats, loads of ticket options and offers, online competitions to win tickets, an executive club, a travel club,a kids club, a creche, a decent level of pre match and post match entertainment, decent pre match food, a proper club shop with brilliant online offers, ticket deals with local companies. The list goes on and on. For Gods sake, get the stadium deal closed and lets get busy!

If we continue to run the place like we have for the last 50 or 60 years we will continue to get what we have now.. not much. Embrace the change, share the excitement, get with the programme!!

Great post but I think you may require shiny new modern thinking,young and enthusiastic staff to go down that route. You need a bullish, determined person to ensure it happens, but most of all you need the will from the Chairman and Directors. Maybe we need some young blood on the board of Directors?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 21:33]
2,300 on 22:06 - Apr 15 with 1941 viewsAucklandjeff

I took my 6 year old to watch NZ Warriors vs Wests Tigers last week. My 36 yr old mate was buzzing as he had received a phone call in midweek from Ryan Hoffman (high profile player for those who are not familiar with NRL!!!) thanking him for his support of the Warriors. I thought this could be a simple strategy for Dale players to do and maybe give a call to people who have had season tickets in the past but have not renewed them to say how valuable their support is?.....just a thought
2,300 on 22:23 - Apr 15 with 1902 viewsPDIDDY

2,300 on 22:06 - Apr 15 by Aucklandjeff

I took my 6 year old to watch NZ Warriors vs Wests Tigers last week. My 36 yr old mate was buzzing as he had received a phone call in midweek from Ryan Hoffman (high profile player for those who are not familiar with NRL!!!) thanking him for his support of the Warriors. I thought this could be a simple strategy for Dale players to do and maybe give a call to people who have had season tickets in the past but have not renewed them to say how valuable their support is?.....just a thought

Certain dale players slag the town off If I remember correctly

Gissa job

2,300 on 00:29 - Apr 16 with 1816 viewspioneer

Any club employee reading your excellent post will have needed a lie down after reading it.
2,300 on 07:32 - Apr 16 with 1754 viewsisitme

2,300 on 21:32 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Great post but I think you may require shiny new modern thinking,young and enthusiastic staff to go down that route. You need a bullish, determined person to ensure it happens, but most of all you need the will from the Chairman and Directors. Maybe we need some young blood on the board of Directors?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 21:33]

A good idea, but what is the cost of buying onto the board? It would be an ideal challenge for someone with a lot of money, time on their hands and business acumen.
2,300 on 08:08 - Apr 16 with 1730 viewsaleanddale

Very very good post 49th!!

agree 100%.

The re branding can be subtle and i think the small club / underdog could be completely turned on its head and used to our advantage.

As a start we need 3000 regular home supporters.

add to our 3000 a full away allocation and a few home stragglers we could see regular 7000 crowds at Spotland ( league 1 with the bigger clubs bringing 3400 ).

Small town club - punching above our weight - make spotland a nightmare for the big clubs to visit - Bristol City & Preston both struggled here this season and are 1&2 respectively.

Frances needs 2 things.

1. Backing from the board with the more creative ideas that might seem risky
2. Time ( at least a season and maybe 2 or 3 )

In my eyes she could be the best signing that the club has made in its recent history.
2,300 on 08:18 - Apr 16 with 1719 viewsTalkingSutty

2,300 on 07:32 - Apr 16 by isitme

A good idea, but what is the cost of buying onto the board? It would be an ideal challenge for someone with a lot of money, time on their hands and business acumen.

Regardless of what it would cost, would the current Directors welcome a young enterprising person into the inner sanctum of the Football Club?

Keith Hill has dragged the Club to a place that now requires the Chairman and Directors to start to question what their vision for the future of the Football Club is. Have we completed our journey and reached our maximum level? If we continue to improve the squad and Hilly sticks around there is a very real chance we could end up in the Championship, is that what we want as a club?

I think the answer to the questions is dictated by the lack of support from the Rochdale Public, no matter how well we play the crowds remain stagnant. The Chairman seems reluctant to take the next step and you can understand why. The Championship is fraught with danger for a club of our size, contracted players on higher wages, the possibility of regular defeats which will deter floating fans, increased admission prices for fans etc, it can quickly turn pear shaped.

It's a shame because it would be a dream come true to see Rochdale in the Championship and I honestly think Hilly could take us there with a few additions to this squad, but the Town shows no interest in the Club. I don't like saying it but I think we should embrace this season because I reckon this is as good as it's going to get. It's not to be sniffed at though!!

Maybe now is the right time for Chris Dunphy to reveal our 'vision for the future', it would tie in nicely with France's starting her new role and the sale of season tickets. Let the fans know the long term plan. I suspect it's estabishing ourselves in league one, owning the stadium, building the fan base and hopefully completely re-branding the Club.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 8:28]
Login to get fewer ads

2,300 on 08:24 - Apr 16 with 1703 viewsaleanddale

I don't like saying it but I think we should embrace this season because I reckon this is as good as it's going to get. It's not to sniffed at though!!

Staring at the conference sat in 22nd in league 2 is not so long ago TS. Sends a shiver through me!.

Agree this season has been incredible and not to be sniffed at!!
2,300 on 08:35 - Apr 16 with 1690 viewsTalkingSutty

2,300 on 08:24 - Apr 16 by aleanddale

I don't like saying it but I think we should embrace this season because I reckon this is as good as it's going to get. It's not to sniffed at though!!

Staring at the conference sat in 22nd in league 2 is not so long ago TS. Sends a shiver through me!.

Agree this season has been incredible and not to be sniffed at!!

Residing in league one for the next decade would be good, coupled with real progression off the pitch and a average home support of 3,750. Is that being greedy?
2,300 on 08:36 - Apr 16 with 1686 viewsfitzochris

2,300 on 11:04 - Apr 15 by HeartsofRochdale

Yeah she is, she has done a wonderful job with the backing of the Foundation of Hearts too. One of her key issues was transparency with supporters and offering the best experience to supporters. She has excelled at this and I am very much looking forward to next season.

Would love Andy Cannon at Hearts.

What is the current feeling amongst Rochdale supporters regarding the way the club is being run?

What are the main issues?

She really is the people's champion, it would appear:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4295

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

2,300 on 08:59 - Apr 16 with 1654 viewsaleanddale

2,300 on 08:35 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

Residing in league one for the next decade would be good, coupled with real progression off the pitch and a average home support of 3,750. Is that being greedy?

lets get to 3000 first!!

but no if we can establish ourselves as a league 1 club there is no reason that our average home support should reach that type of level.

The good part is the much larger clubs bringing 3000+.

A director once told me that a sold out wilbuts results in a £50 000+ cash injection everytime we play a Preston - Sheffield - Bradford etc etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024