Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2,300 21:38 - Apr 14 with 11496 viewsdilleydaler

Wakey Wakey. Big job for our Marketing Manager.
2,300 on 23:15 - Apr 14 with 2649 viewsAussieDale

We have been getting low gates from the late50's early 60's onwards. The rate of decline has at least levelled off in recent years, if it had matched the rate of decline of the town in that time there'd be about 500 watching us. Hornets are testament to all that. Not sure marketing is going to be able to do much about it.
2,300 on 23:17 - Apr 14 with 2632 viewsTVOS1907

2,300 on 23:08 - Apr 14 by dilleydaler

I posted earlier about the infrastructure in the whole club, starting at the top. Putting this all on the shoulders of one person is of course unfair. But team Rochdale is about just that. My view is that the Directors will be congratulating themselves on a great season on the pitch.

I think that underlying this Hill generated playing side success is masking deficiencies at Board level. The appointment of a marketing manager is a no brain move, but we need a Director responsible for growing our off pitch income, who can work with the new Marketing Manager to drive forward all our commercial activities.

The job is tough though, to change years of acceptance that most people in Rochdale are not inclined to turn up. It's annoying when people sometimes are too accepting of failure, this, whether we like it or not is business and we need to drive continual improvement. Just like Keith and the playing staff do.

Wakey Wakey was directed at the board, so good call if you think I missed the point.

No, that post explains your position clearly and contains a lot of sense. I understood what you meant the first time you posted.

However, I imagine it's exactly the same as what TTNYear and his clique will have been discussing, hence why I said you missed his point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2,300 on 23:19 - Apr 14 with 2616 viewsD_Alien

2,300 on 23:15 - Apr 14 by AussieDale

We have been getting low gates from the late50's early 60's onwards. The rate of decline has at least levelled off in recent years, if it had matched the rate of decline of the town in that time there'd be about 500 watching us. Hornets are testament to all that. Not sure marketing is going to be able to do much about it.

It's a good point, but Frances will know more about the state of the town from her previous role than anyone else. She must've come into the club with her eyes wide open. Maybe she'll be able to open a few eyes herself. I don't care how she does it, but there's some pretty bloody obvious simple things (well-documented on here) to start with

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2,300 on 23:19 - Apr 14 with 2613 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets and egg-chasing in general aren't fair comparisons.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2,300 on 23:21 - Apr 14 with 2590 views442Dale

Look at the Barnet crowd six years ago. We've lost 700 fans from similar Hill eras for games of similar importance.

We can blame the town all we want, but we aren't doing enough. Look at the posts earlier this week about use of vouchers in season tickets for one such example of this.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 23:23]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2,300 on 23:32 - Apr 14 with 2527 viewsSuddenLad

The biggest complaint I hear is that it's too expensive to attend matches on a regular basis. The inability to buy season tickets in instalments only makes it more difficult.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

2,3 on 01:08 - Apr 15 with 2422 viewsHopwoodblue

2,300 on 23:32 - Apr 14 by SuddenLad

The biggest complaint I hear is that it's too expensive to attend matches on a regular basis. The inability to buy season tickets in instalments only makes it more difficult.

She could start by teaching the bar staff to be more friendly. Obviously had to go in Studds after the game because the Dale bar.doesn't open. 3 of us no bitter on so its 3 pints of guinness =£11.10
They start to roll the stutters down at five to ten so quickly get another one = another £11.10 then asked to drink up and leave 10 mins later. It's a f@@kin football club so people like to see the scores and talk about the match but not a Dale they don't want your custom. The wife came to pick me up a few weeks ago from the Dale bar and they refused to serve her a 6.15pm ! You can't even watch a full game on sky after the match. Looking to sort alternative arrangements out next season. I no its not a fortune but our custom will be going elsewhere.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

2,3 on 07:55 - Apr 15 with 2320 viewsTalkingSutty

2,3 on 01:08 - Apr 15 by Hopwoodblue

She could start by teaching the bar staff to be more friendly. Obviously had to go in Studds after the game because the Dale bar.doesn't open. 3 of us no bitter on so its 3 pints of guinness =£11.10
They start to roll the stutters down at five to ten so quickly get another one = another £11.10 then asked to drink up and leave 10 mins later. It's a f@@kin football club so people like to see the scores and talk about the match but not a Dale they don't want your custom. The wife came to pick me up a few weeks ago from the Dale bar and they refused to serve her a 6.15pm ! You can't even watch a full game on sky after the match. Looking to sort alternative arrangements out next season. I no its not a fortune but our custom will be going elsewhere.

One food kiosk open in the TDS resulted in massive queues for the duration of the half time interval. No chance of being served before the second half kicked off so at least a dozen of us just left the queue and gave up. They don't want your money, it's obvious.

If the catering company don't want to provide a proper service boot them out and get somebody else in, it's all part of the match day experience and its bloody crap.
Login to get fewer ads

2,300 on 08:44 - Apr 15 with 2250 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale's a dirt poor, minimum wage town and watching lower grade football today is expensive. There was a time when I followed both local sides at home. Dale on Saturday, Hornets on Sunday. There came a time when I had to chose. How people afford to take kids today is a mystery to me. The cost of just watching both teams would be a days wages for some people. The cost of attendance isn't going to come down so gates will always struggle.
2,300 on 08:46 - Apr 15 with 2239 viewsaleanddale

2,300 on 23:14 - Apr 14 by TalkingSutty

Spot on. I expect her to come up with some decent ideas but she will probably have to drag the rest of the club staff, kicking and screaming. Set in their ways, comfort zone, whatever you want to call it.

Unless EVERYBODY employed at the club buys into the start of a new marketing/commercial era at the club, she is on a hiding to nothing. Do the current staff have the appetite to want to see the club grow or do they see their position as just a job that they do, I don't know. I don't envy her but wish her good luck.

Eye good luck. in a positive way.

cannot be judged until this time next year.

If we can get close to 3000 home fans through the gate by this time next year frances will have worked miracles!!!!
2,300 on 09:01 - Apr 15 with 2215 viewsParkinsGimp

Unless the club kick on next season the fans will not come. We need interesting / good League One ( and above) standard signings. We must show the town we mean business.
I am sure the New Marketing lady will have some ideas, but she must be backed by the club/board, who must excite the casual fan to attend ( casual as in floater not Green Street LOL)
Lets not hear about our little old club not being able to compete financially with Wigan etc, lets just get on with it, produce a few more young uns( which Hill is capable of) and sign a couple of decent players, show the town, the media and the league that we are here to stay and will be a presence in League One for years to come.
2,300 on 09:09 - Apr 15 with 2201 viewsfitzochris

2,300 on 09:01 - Apr 15 by ParkinsGimp

Unless the club kick on next season the fans will not come. We need interesting / good League One ( and above) standard signings. We must show the town we mean business.
I am sure the New Marketing lady will have some ideas, but she must be backed by the club/board, who must excite the casual fan to attend ( casual as in floater not Green Street LOL)
Lets not hear about our little old club not being able to compete financially with Wigan etc, lets just get on with it, produce a few more young uns( which Hill is capable of) and sign a couple of decent players, show the town, the media and the league that we are here to stay and will be a presence in League One for years to come.

You just stated on another thread that our "young uns" are not good enough.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

2,3 on 09:49 - Apr 15 with 2131 views442Dale

2,3 on 07:55 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

One food kiosk open in the TDS resulted in massive queues for the duration of the half time interval. No chance of being served before the second half kicked off so at least a dozen of us just left the queue and gave up. They don't want your money, it's obvious.

If the catering company don't want to provide a proper service boot them out and get somebody else in, it's all part of the match day experience and its bloody crap.

No hot dogs in the main stand kiosk. "We haven't got them tonight".

One kid was absolutely gutted. Yes, it might seem minor, but these small things all add up. Presumably whoever monitors catering sales will be able to gauge the impact of not having certain products available on the amount of money made. Will those same people who didn't get what they wanted last night even bother going back next Tuesday?

Or is there a correlation between hot dogs and Champions League games?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2,300 on 10:01 - Apr 15 with 2117 viewsLuke8686

An improvement on our midweek games with walsall and crewe this season - wasn't at the game so wasn't sure how many Swindon brought - 300,400?
2,300 on 10:04 - Apr 15 with 2115 viewsHeartsofRochdale

I am a Heart of Midlothian supporter, and we have had a very successful season this year. We managed to sell out a 1000 seater venue on Sunday past, for a beam back of the Edinburgh Derby while we had 2 and half thousand at the match. Compared to the 2300 from last night, I believe there is loads of potential for Rochdale to grow.

I was at the Rochdale match last night and its my first home game for the Dale (my first game being the PNE away match), and I really enjoyed it. I can 100% see the potential of the club and I am looking at purchasing a season ticket for next season.

Keep the faith!
2,300 on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 2001 viewsfitzochris

2,300 on 10:04 - Apr 15 by HeartsofRochdale

I am a Heart of Midlothian supporter, and we have had a very successful season this year. We managed to sell out a 1000 seater venue on Sunday past, for a beam back of the Edinburgh Derby while we had 2 and half thousand at the match. Compared to the 2300 from last night, I believe there is loads of potential for Rochdale to grow.

I was at the Rochdale match last night and its my first home game for the Dale (my first game being the PNE away match), and I really enjoyed it. I can 100% see the potential of the club and I am looking at purchasing a season ticket for next season.

Keep the faith!

Have you recently moved to Rochdale from Edinburgh?

Hearts have indeed had a tremendous season. The question is, has it been down to Nielson's coaching, Levein's signings, or a combination of both?

As for us, we'll never enjoy the history or catchment of the Edinburgh clubs, but that shouldn't stop us trying to emulate successful practices.

Hope you enjoy all future Dale games.

2,300 on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 1987 viewsHeartsofRochdale

2,300 on 10:15 - Apr 15 by fitzochris

Have you recently moved to Rochdale from Edinburgh?

Hearts have indeed had a tremendous season. The question is, has it been down to Nielson's coaching, Levein's signings, or a combination of both?

As for us, we'll never enjoy the history or catchment of the Edinburgh clubs, but that shouldn't stop us trying to emulate successful practices.

Hope you enjoy all future Dale games.

Yeah, been in Preston for a couple of years and went along with a Rochdale supporting mate and very much enjoyed it.

Id say a mixture of both, this time last year we were on the brink of extinction and a lady called Ann Budge came in and took control and has run the club like a business, for example once Neilson leaves, we wont hire or pay for a manager from another club, everything will be from within the club.

I think there is loads that Rochdale could learn from Hearts, as previously mentioned, for example, not having any Hot Dogs, this will have a negative effect and word of mouth will spread. It is small but in the long term, the club should put customer service in the forefront in order to increase revenue and get new fans along! The small things make a massive difference!

Thanks a lot, looking forward to it.
2,300 on 10:36 - Apr 15 with 1963 viewsfitzochris

2,300 on 10:23 - Apr 15 by HeartsofRochdale

Yeah, been in Preston for a couple of years and went along with a Rochdale supporting mate and very much enjoyed it.

Id say a mixture of both, this time last year we were on the brink of extinction and a lady called Ann Budge came in and took control and has run the club like a business, for example once Neilson leaves, we wont hire or pay for a manager from another club, everything will be from within the club.

I think there is loads that Rochdale could learn from Hearts, as previously mentioned, for example, not having any Hot Dogs, this will have a negative effect and word of mouth will spread. It is small but in the long term, the club should put customer service in the forefront in order to increase revenue and get new fans along! The small things make a massive difference!

Thanks a lot, looking forward to it.

Ann Budge is highly thought of, it would seem.

Having led the table since the third week of the campaign, Hearts deserved to win the title. Osman Sow and Jamie Walker look cracking players from what I've seen and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the club break Hibs’ second-tier points record from 1999 (89).

Hearts have been the best lower league team in decades.

2,300 on 11:04 - Apr 15 with 1906 viewsHeartsofRochdale

2,300 on 10:36 - Apr 15 by fitzochris

Having led the table since the third week of the campaign, Hearts deserved to win the title. Osman Sow and Jamie Walker look cracking players from what I've seen and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the club break Hibs’ second-tier points record from 1999 (89).

Yeah she is, she has done a wonderful job with the backing of the Foundation of Hearts too. One of her key issues was transparency with supporters and offering the best experience to supporters. She has excelled at this and I am very much looking forward to next season.

Would love Andy Cannon at Hearts.

What is the current feeling amongst Rochdale supporters regarding the way the club is being run?

What are the main issues?
2,300 on 11:12 - Apr 15 with 1894 viewsfitzochris

2,300 on 11:04 - Apr 15 by HeartsofRochdale

Yeah she is, she has done a wonderful job with the backing of the Foundation of Hearts too. One of her key issues was transparency with supporters and offering the best experience to supporters. She has excelled at this and I am very much looking forward to next season.

What is the current feeling amongst Rochdale supporters regarding the way the club is being run?

Have a peruse of this thread, and others on here, and you'll get an idea.

In the main, it is down to the fact that while on-the-field affairs go from strength to strength, off-the-field operations fail to keep up.

2,300 on 11:13 - Apr 15 with 1890 viewsHopwoodblue

2,300 on 10:36 - Apr 15 by fitzochris

Apart from the footballing side of the Dale I honestly think the club is lifeless and soulless!
It's like " we've give you first div football what more do you want"
Sadly I want to come to Dale early watch a game in a friendly atmosphere at reasonable bar prices
Then come back in after the game and watch another football match and spend more money at the
Club. We are a football club and everyone who goes is a football fan, advertise the big prem games when on sky (don't forget it must cost a few quid for sky so why not use it to generate a bit more cash for the club) get people in early our late. If Man U Or City are playing we only need a hundred of the 2500k to stay and your generating cash and mybe people might like the whole experience and come back. On the way out of Fleetwood they were anoucing over the tanoy a pie and pint for £3 in the bar after the match. It's the whole experience for a lot of people not just the 90 mins of football. We have such good facilities why not use them. Could we offer free season tickets to Dale fans to serve behind the bars. That way at least there will be some passion and conversation before and after the game with the punters, and they might even be willing to leave the bars open a bit longer.
We must remember the more successful we become the more it has to be made a total matchday experience.

Come on lady work your magic.
At least organise a fans forum and listen to the idea's, it may save you a lot of work and make you a legend at Rochdale Football Club.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 11:23]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

2,300 on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 1847 viewsTalkingSutty

A genuine welcome to the club mate and its good to have you on board. Regarding your last question it would probably be easier for you to trawl back through relevant historic thread titles and that will give you a real feel of things. To try to highlight the issues now would take to long.

The product on the pitch isn't a problem,in fact with Hill in charge it's always been excellent. A new manager and a struggling team still wouldn't be a major problem to most fans I don't reckon, these things happen in football.

The fans are frustrated with the stagnation of off field efforts to promote the club and drive the club forward. it needs a shake up from top to bottom and re- branding.

Take a couple of hours to read the threads and you will feel the fans frustrations.
2,300 on 11:52 - Apr 15 with 1792 viewsDaleiLama

Your 10:23 post has already highlighted the main issue. You put "customer service" and "the club" in the same sentence. Never been done before that.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

2,300 on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 1774 viewstazzydjr

Hopefully over Summer The Mighty Dale should get the reboot it needs to progress with Customer Service and various other mishaps such as Half Time Refreshments and then should see the crowd boost back to Centenary Year hopefully they'll fall back on the 2007 Plans what actually worked for the club
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 12:06]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

2,300 on 12:58 - Apr 15 with 1668 viewsinthenet

IMAGE ..VISUAL IMPACT FOR THE WEB
A PROGRESSIVE CLUB....BE PART OF IT ..
STRETCH TO A 10-20 MILE RADIUS WHY NOT!
I LIVE 18 MILE AWAY AND ENJOY THE DALE, GO TO AOUND 80% OF MATCHES BUT NEVER GET ANY BETTER THOUGHT OF BY THE CLUB THEY HAVE ALL MY DETAILS OFFER SOME PROMOTIONS....TO ATTEND.
ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT NOT JUST ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE . CREATE A IMAGE YOU WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH.

SORRY FOR CAPS ...WE ARE TINPOT !

MASSIVE JOB FOR THE MARKETING MANAGER.

Rastrickblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024