Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Joey Barton thread 20:46 - Dec 15 with 8742 viewsNoDiddley

All join in

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 08:12 - Dec 16 with 1887 viewsHunterhoop

Simmo is spot on.

If Barton was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as good as he actually is.
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 08:29 - Dec 16 with 1879 viewsheadhoops

was at fault for first two goals and should be nowhere near the captains armband. He's become more and more of a liability and IMO Henry has been the better of the two.

No idea what Mutch is bringing to the team and Phillips is so far out of his depth at this level even sonar wouldnt find him. Hoilett we need to take the money even if its 57 pence. Fer has the potential but needs an older head to help him and he's our only midfielder apart from beau brummel who looks remotely like scoring.

still look on the brightside its only Arsenal away up next.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 09:47 - Dec 16 with 1811 viewsWestbourneR

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 04:05 - Dec 16 by RType

Statistically actually by no means the worst player tonight:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829652/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-20

Most passes by far on the team, 85% completion rate overall, most tackles, most interceptions...even 3 out of 7 'hollywood' balls came off.

But people see what they want to I guess.

Not especially a fan of his, just pointing out the facts.

However the manner in which he gave the ball away for the first goal and, in particular, the stupidity of the foul for the second is inexcusable.

Glad this stat showed up because in my opinion (which I was gonna hide as so many of your felt he was terrible) after about 15 mins at the start, he was a our best player by some distance. When he keeps it simple he is very reliable in possession and can receive it in tight spaces.

His long passing is dreadful and he needs to rein it in or be told to rein it in. And he can't shoot.

Our real problem last night was Phillips who was guarenteed to lose the ball if he got it. Hoilett was a close second and Mutch as well. Those 3 looked totally out of their depth. Matt Phillips has no future at this level. £5 million wasted.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 10:10 - Dec 16 with 1782 viewsQPunkR

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 04:05 - Dec 16 by RType

Statistically actually by no means the worst player tonight:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829652/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-20

Most passes by far on the team, 85% completion rate overall, most tackles, most interceptions...even 3 out of 7 'hollywood' balls came off.

But people see what they want to I guess.

Not especially a fan of his, just pointing out the facts.

However the manner in which he gave the ball away for the first goal and, in particular, the stupidity of the foul for the second is inexcusable.

Statistics don't show when he tries a ludicrous Hollywood ball straight to the ballboys and there's no Rangers player within 30 yards of it. Or when he thinks he's being extremely clever and passes straight to an opponent instead of an obvious ball to a teammate. Or in fact when he has a bit of niggle with an opposition player - right in front of the fúcking ref.

QPR - "shit but local"

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 10:59 - Dec 16 with 1754 viewstraininvain

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 10:10 - Dec 16 by QPunkR

Statistics don't show when he tries a ludicrous Hollywood ball straight to the ballboys and there's no Rangers player within 30 yards of it. Or when he thinks he's being extremely clever and passes straight to an opponent instead of an obvious ball to a teammate. Or in fact when he has a bit of niggle with an opposition player - right in front of the fúcking ref.

Nailed on to get sent off on Saturday so he gets Xmas / Boxing Day off.
The Joey Barton thread on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 1735 viewspaulparker

This is a player we are paying nearly 80k a week to BTW
a player who cannot pass a ball 5 yards to a teammate a player who cannot take a corner and who is a massive liability , he is championship at best we can only hope his contract finishes this season, a legend in his own mind
he gave away the ball in the first 30 seconds and was at fault for the 1st two Everton goals, how he is captain is beyond me
if I were Arry I would be on the blower to Bournmouth for matt Ritchie, he is twice the player Barton is and would cost less,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 1740 viewsstevec

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 10:59 - Dec 16 by traininvain

Nailed on to get sent off on Saturday so he gets Xmas / Boxing Day off.

Good call.
The Joey Barton thread on 11:16 - Dec 16 with 1724 viewsPinnerPaul

What a wonderful positive thread.

In the YSY thread, I see HIS less than brilliant performances recently are down to Redknapp apparently.

Not so in this case as well then?
Login to get fewer ads

The Joey Barton thread on 11:23 - Dec 16 with 1714 viewssimmo

The Joey Barton thread on 11:16 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

What a wonderful positive thread.

In the YSY thread, I see HIS less than brilliant performances recently are down to Redknapp apparently.

Not so in this case as well then?

YSY's relatively poor performances can be in part attributed to his age, lack of experience, naivety from limited games at this or any first team level. That is partly (though not entirely) down to Redknapp who should have given him about 30 more first team opportunities by now. But none of those things are excuses for Barton, he is massively experienced, has the honour of being a captain and is playing at the heart of the midfield. Not only should he not be making these mistakes so often, he should be old enough and wise enough to realise what he is doing wrong and adjust his game accordingly, instead he places himself above that kind of criticism because his ego tells him he's fcking wonderful and every decision he makes is the right one.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Joey Barton thread on 11:33 - Dec 16 with 1694 viewsPhilmyRs

Barton is decent in terms of commitment, not bottling tackles and geeing up his team mates. And he does on occasion, deliver a telling pass.

The problem is more the balance of our midfield 3. We miss a player comfortable on the ball, capable of switching play and picking out a team mate in space, how I’d love for an inform and fit Ali Faurlin. With 3 in the middle of the park you ideally want 1 destroyer (Henry/Barton), 1 box-to-box midfielder (Fer/Mutch) and 1 creative ball playing midfielder (?). As we lack this key ingredient, Barton takes it upon himself to play this role. Whether it’s arrogance — him thinking he’s better than he is — or instruction from the management, I don’t know but put Barton alongside someone with a bit of vision and composure and he’d look a much better player. I have hopes that Mutch can become this player, although I haven’t seen enough of him to tell, but one thing’s for certain Barton needs to accept his limitations and concentrate on breaking up attacks and passing to a team mate. I still think we’re a better team with him in the side, then with him out though.
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 11:41 - Dec 16 with 1678 viewsLoft1979

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 20:50 - Dec 15 by QPunkR

He's such a simple cúnt, he truly is. Both goals mainly down to him. But of course he'll keep his place in the team and be handed captaincy, again, at the expense of Henry

Joey: One of his worst games. With Henry AND Sando out, Joey needed to be THE force in front of the defense, but he was the weakest link. All 3 goals his fault.

I have been a strong Joey advocate but here today we saw a 4th choice, bench warmer who should be behind Sandro, Henry and Mutch in that order. ...as a defensive midfielder. Personally, I drop him to the bench on Saturday but that leaves Mutch paired with Henry and Fer.
The Joey Barton thread on 11:42 - Dec 16 with 1675 viewsbosh67

Silly foul led to the free kick for the second but was he that bad? No, not at all. One loose shot and a lot of good tackles. I think Joey was one of the less offenders last night.

If you want to worry look at Mutch and Phillips. Neither knew where they were playing last night.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Joey Barton thread on 11:44 - Dec 16 with 1668 viewsWestbourneR

The Joey Barton thread on 11:33 - Dec 16 by PhilmyRs

Barton is decent in terms of commitment, not bottling tackles and geeing up his team mates. And he does on occasion, deliver a telling pass.

The problem is more the balance of our midfield 3. We miss a player comfortable on the ball, capable of switching play and picking out a team mate in space, how I’d love for an inform and fit Ali Faurlin. With 3 in the middle of the park you ideally want 1 destroyer (Henry/Barton), 1 box-to-box midfielder (Fer/Mutch) and 1 creative ball playing midfielder (?). As we lack this key ingredient, Barton takes it upon himself to play this role. Whether it’s arrogance — him thinking he’s better than he is — or instruction from the management, I don’t know but put Barton alongside someone with a bit of vision and composure and he’d look a much better player. I have hopes that Mutch can become this player, although I haven’t seen enough of him to tell, but one thing’s for certain Barton needs to accept his limitations and concentrate on breaking up attacks and passing to a team mate. I still think we’re a better team with him in the side, then with him out though.

Got to say I think there is a lot in this - we need a creative ball playing centre mid who can open things up. Barton isn't that man and his game really suffers when he tries to be.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

The Joey Barton thread on 11:49 - Dec 16 with 1660 viewsLoft1979

The Joey Barton thread on 11:42 - Dec 16 by bosh67

Silly foul led to the free kick for the second but was he that bad? No, not at all. One loose shot and a lot of good tackles. I think Joey was one of the less offenders last night.

If you want to worry look at Mutch and Phillips. Neither knew where they were playing last night.

-Mutch tried to do too....much. Should have scored at least one.

-Phillips was a liability ..totally. ...If Joey plays right and Henry behind the offensive game experiment (maybe) could have worked.

-Maybe Joey not the poorest, but still not good enough for/by his own standards
The Joey Barton thread on 12:03 - Dec 16 with 1633 viewswhittocksRs

The Joey Barton thread on 11:23 - Dec 16 by simmo

YSY's relatively poor performances can be in part attributed to his age, lack of experience, naivety from limited games at this or any first team level. That is partly (though not entirely) down to Redknapp who should have given him about 30 more first team opportunities by now. But none of those things are excuses for Barton, he is massively experienced, has the honour of being a captain and is playing at the heart of the midfield. Not only should he not be making these mistakes so often, he should be old enough and wise enough to realise what he is doing wrong and adjust his game accordingly, instead he places himself above that kind of criticism because his ego tells him he's fcking wonderful and every decision he makes is the right one.

This.
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:04 - Dec 16 with 1501 viewsrichpr

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 20:59 - Dec 15 by ted_hendrix

Barton seemed to think it was funny to elbow an opponent in a dangerous position thus allowing them to score their second goal from the resulting free kick.
This was after he was to blame for their first goal.
Still he must be well pleased the evertonian c unt.

At the risk of 100's of replies calling me a c**t, I actually thought Barton played well - in fact, it was about our best away performance this season. It wasn't based on out and out defence which is Henry's only virtue (vs Burnley he had the goal gaping at him and he still tried to stop and pass it backwards). We actually had 17 (albeit pretty feeble) attempts on goal which is about 100% more than we have acheived so far this season away from home.
Barton is a competitor and puts it about - same can't be said of Mutcha and Phillips - that is why I guess he is critisized so much. Yes, he is a big mouth but player's like Henry don't have half Barton's ability.

I will now wait for the abuse...
The Joey Barton thread on 12:16 - Dec 16 with 1487 viewsessextaxiboy

I see the that the stats are being ignored by and large.

Barton consistently tops the stats for number of passes and completion and yesterday not only for our team but for both teams including the guy that Clives report says bossed the midfield.

Yes he was at fault for the first goal last night , and yes he gave away the free kick that led to the second one . Players make mistakes .

Charlie misses a pen against Hull, we would have had two more points and been relatively clear , only the keeper to beat, 12 yards , sunny day how hard is that ?

Truth is anyone can do it and you have to take it on the chin when it happens .

Hopefully a few beers was the reason behind the first few posts on this thread and I see the title has been edited as well because they are embarrassing .... IMO
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:21 - Dec 16 with 1475 viewstraininvain

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:04 - Dec 16 by richpr

At the risk of 100's of replies calling me a c**t, I actually thought Barton played well - in fact, it was about our best away performance this season. It wasn't based on out and out defence which is Henry's only virtue (vs Burnley he had the goal gaping at him and he still tried to stop and pass it backwards). We actually had 17 (albeit pretty feeble) attempts on goal which is about 100% more than we have acheived so far this season away from home.
Barton is a competitor and puts it about - same can't be said of Mutcha and Phillips - that is why I guess he is critisized so much. Yes, he is a big mouth but player's like Henry don't have half Barton's ability.

I suppose if you ignore the two goals he gave away and the numerous misplaced passes you could argue that he did ok.
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:27 - Dec 16 with 1467 viewsessextaxiboy

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:21 - Dec 16 by traininvain

I suppose if you ignore the two goals he gave away and the numerous misplaced passes you could argue that he did ok.

He actually gave possession away .... 45 yards from goal, and a free kick . His pass completion (fact) was as good as anyones... so did he do ok ?

Or shall we "all join in" in calling him a c*nt ?
The Joey Barton thread on 12:28 - Dec 16 with 1459 viewsingeminate

The Joey Barton thread on 12:16 - Dec 16 by essextaxiboy

I see the that the stats are being ignored by and large.

Barton consistently tops the stats for number of passes and completion and yesterday not only for our team but for both teams including the guy that Clives report says bossed the midfield.

Yes he was at fault for the first goal last night , and yes he gave away the free kick that led to the second one . Players make mistakes .

Charlie misses a pen against Hull, we would have had two more points and been relatively clear , only the keeper to beat, 12 yards , sunny day how hard is that ?

Truth is anyone can do it and you have to take it on the chin when it happens .

Hopefully a few beers was the reason behind the first few posts on this thread and I see the title has been edited as well because they are embarrassing .... IMO

Barton set the tone with a terrible first pass.

He lost possession for the first, albeit miles away from our goal.

He petulantly elbowed that blond div to give away second

Other than that he was the pick our midfield, genuinely, he won a lot and his passing was pretty good.

Did he have a good game overall? No course not his mistakes had critical consequences so the good work he did pales, but it wasn't all bad yesterday.

Incidentally how henry didn't start regardless ill never know.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:35 - Dec 16 with 1441 viewsQPunkR

No name calling here. But to suggest that "player's like Henry don't have half Barton's ability" is frankly laughable. It's like saying "we were the better team on paper but lost".
I don't care what so-called skills he may apparently possess - all that matters is what's produced out on that pitch. And if what is produced is simply reams of passes straight into touch/the opposition/ballboys then I'd suggest the guy who may not be as 'skilled' as captain fantastic - but actually knows his job and does it properly - is far more appropriate for a starting berth, no matter how unfashionable he may be seen as by certain quarters.
And as for calling Barton a competitor - I don't know where to begin with that one.

QPR - "shit but local"

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:39 - Dec 16 with 1433 viewssimmo

No abuse, you make good points, but having Henry doesn't mean we have to be overly defensive, in fact it can mean the opposite, it can give licence to more creative and attacking minded players to go and commit themselves further up the field knowing they have a safety net behind them. Plenty of times in the game Barton was ahead of both Mutch and Fer, the first goal was a consequence not only of him giving away possession but of him running towards the ball and leaving masses of space for Barkley to run into, meaning Nedum had to step out of the back 4. Henry would also understand that he is limited in his ability to play an incisive pass everytime so would take the simpler option, sometimes that means he's safe for the sake of it, but I would rather have that from somebody at the base of the midfield because usually if you give away possession in that area it leads to a chance or a goal conceded, both of which happened last night.

Also fck the stats when it comes to that kind of situation. If you make 100 passes, 95 of which come to nothing and 5 lead to chances and goals to the other team, you fcked up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:43 - Dec 16 with 1418 viewsRangersw12

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:27 - Dec 16 by essextaxiboy

He actually gave possession away .... 45 yards from goal, and a free kick . His pass completion (fact) was as good as anyones... so did he do ok ?

He was at fault for the 1st goal and gave away a stupid free kick for the 2nd he also consistently took extra touches in midfield and slowed play down when we were trying to break

So yes bar all that he did ok
The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:48 - Dec 16 with 1398 viewsJonDoeman

The Joey Barton is a thick c**t thread on 12:27 - Dec 16 by essextaxiboy

It's the dangerous areas he gives it away, it always leads to a chance. He did so often at Swansea he got subbed off & he got clapped, but I think he needs another booing.

It Is What It Is !!

The Joey Barton thread on 12:49 - Dec 16 with 1392 viewsYorkRanger

For me, given he is an experienced premiership player, he gives away possession too cheaply, too regularly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024