Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes 20:19 - Jul 28 with 4687 viewsrunningman75

Seems that TF has been slagged off by some people on twitter. There is a campaign on facebook for those going on Saturday for the 82nd minute to be reserved for him and for clapping and singing of his name to be carried out so the true supporters can show their appreciation for him.
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:25 - Jul 28 with 3780 viewsdaveB

these things never really work, just better off supporting the team and if you feel strongly about it sing his name
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:25 - Jul 28 with 3768 viewsactonman

if the season starts the same way as the past couple of years , i will have fcked off long before the 82nd min
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:31 - Jul 28 with 3733 viewskingo

Well if it is started in the 82nd minute, I will join in as we are very, very lucky to have a chairman like Tony and it is a pity that some seem to want to criticise him at every opportunity.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:37 - Jul 28 with 3700 viewsted_hendrix

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:31 - Jul 28 by kingo

Well if it is started in the 82nd minute, I will join in as we are very, very lucky to have a chairman like Tony and it is a pity that some seem to want to criticise him at every opportunity.

Same as that Dave.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:37 - Jul 28 with 3698 viewsingeminate

Seems to me to be a good guy doing a pretty ordinary job. Then again if he does get more of a handle and learn from mistakes then could still well be best thing to happen to us for a long time.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:41 - Jul 28 with 3670 viewsbosh67

To be fair to TF he hasn't shirked blame. He will get tougher and I think he has the metal to stay with this and get it right. He does have a history of sticking with things until they work, so not too concerned. He will still make an excellent chairman if he gets things right and has really learned from the mistakes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 20:45 - Jul 28 with 3644 viewsfLaMeBoY

If our opening games of the season are anything to go by of late, we'll be 4-0 down and the ground will be half empty!
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 21:21 - Jul 28 with 3521 viewsnewgolddream

Good idea that.
Login to get fewer ads

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 21:37 - Jul 28 with 3450 viewsmichael67

I hope it happens now. It is now on facebook, twitter (I think), and on MBs. I'm sure that TF and his men will have picked up on it. If it don't happen, I think TF would be a little bit disappointed.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 21:42 - Jul 28 with 3427 viewsqprewan

I am definitely up for this- imo Tony Fernandes is definitely the best owner we have ever had and yes we are lucky to have him. He has made mistakes which he has admitted to but his motivations and intentions have always been good.He has also put considerably more of his own money into our club than any other previous owners. Amhit Bhatia also deserves recognition too.
Talking of previous owners it was only a couple of years back that we had the stingy billionaires running the club apppointing so many managers we became a laughing stock. Remember Paul Hart and Mick Harford. Going further back we had Richard Thompson who had no interest in the club and ' Judas Gregory' revered by some but imo someone who sold every decent player we ever had and ended up selling the club to someone who wanted to turn us into Fulham Park Rangers!
TF loves this club, is funding a new traing ground, wants to build us a new ground, communicates with the supporters and is here for the long haul- can you really ask for any more than that?

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 21:45 - Jul 28 with 3417 viewsbarbicanranger

i'm up for this

why 82nd? - year club was founded?
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 21:57 - Jul 28 with 3351 viewsWokingR

To my mind this always strikes me as a bit lame and the sort of idea thought up by someone who doesn't go to many games.
It's all well and good if the ball is out of play but in all likelihood we will look up after an attack to see 83 or 84 minutes on the scoreboard and realise we have missed it.
Does Tony really need a round of applause midngame to know how appreciated he is by the majority of us?
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:07 - Jul 28 with 3301 viewsrunningman75

I think the plan is to now have the applause at 3.00 p.m
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:31 - Jul 28 with 3214 viewsEalingRanger

We just got relegated and many of the reasons why that happened can be laid at Uncle Tony's feet.

Stuff your applause and stuff the phrase 'true supporters' - you don't get to decide that.
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:37 - Jul 28 with 3191 viewskingo

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:31 - Jul 28 by EalingRanger

We just got relegated and many of the reasons why that happened can be laid at Uncle Tony's feet.

Stuff your applause and stuff the phrase 'true supporters' - you don't get to decide that.

It is simple then, just don't join in

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:43 - Jul 28 with 3165 viewsdaveB

Richard Thompson may not have given a stuff but he ran us properly, we made money back then and were a successful side. Fernandes is a much more likable bloke and has great intentions but I'm not sure anyone in their right mind can suggest he's done a great job so far.

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:50 - Jul 28 with 3146 viewsSeth_Gecko

An applause in the 82nd minute just because he's got a bit of stick on twitter?!

Embarrassing idea.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:00 - Jul 28 with 3114 viewsqprewan

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:43 - Jul 28 by daveB

Richard Thompson may not have given a stuff but he ran us properly, we made money back then and were a successful side. Fernandes is a much more likable bloke and has great intentions but I'm not sure anyone in their right mind can suggest he's done a great job so far.

Cannot agree with that at all- do you remember Sir Les wanting assurances that the club wanted him and Thompson not being available then he was flogged to Newcastle. Also I think it was around February and we were in the top five, the league was wide open that year Norwich were up there too and we lost Gary Penrice and Wilkins for the rest of the season. We were theoretically in with a real chance and all Thompson was prepared to fund was a striker who could not get in the Cambridge utd team, sorry his name escapes me. I still look back now and wonder where we would have finished that season if we had had an owner with any real ambition for the club.
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:03 - Jul 28 with 3100 viewsWallyRanger

I disagree, he doesn't deserve the abuse twitter tw*ts give him, but he does deserve criticism, the guy has made plenty of mistakes (which he himself admits) and he's overseen a disastrous 2 years for our club, some/many (depending on whichever way you look at it) of the reasons they've been a disaster is down to him, even if he's made those decisions in good intentions it can't and shouldn't be swept under the rug.
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:25 - Jul 28 with 3044 viewsEalingRanger

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 22:37 - Jul 28 by kingo

It is simple then, just don't join in

I won't be, applauding failure is something I don't do in general.
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:31 - Jul 28 with 3031 viewsnhd23

Absolutely pathetic idea.Embarrassing.

Woo well done Tony thanks for sanctioning the disastrous signings of Green,Bosingwa,Mbia,Samba,Park all on ridiculous money under the stewardship of Mark Hughes the worst manager we've had since Alan Mullery and our subsequent relegation.

*Applauds
82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:31 - Jul 28 with 3029 viewstimcocking

But it surely isn't for the want of trying?

Sing it from the first minute.

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:32 - Jul 28 with 3029 viewsconnell10

Totally disagree, thompson was by far the worse chairman we ever had! He was universally dispised by large elements of our crowd! The man was just a stuck up little asset stripper and a bloody arsenal fan to boot! God the mere mention of that kunts name makes my blood boil

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:34 - Jul 28 with 3020 viewsSomersetHoops

I can't see that happening unless we are winning 3 - 0. The way things are going its more likely to be the other way round. I don't agree with personal attacks, but I only applaud people who deserve it and a lot has got to happen during this week for that to be the case. Lets face it TF has made some well intentioned, but really bad decisions and needs to put them right. Somehow I don't see that happening very quickly and our team are suffering as a result.

Who's Next?

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:40 - Jul 28 with 2996 viewsEalingRanger

82nd minute applause for Tony Fernandes on 23:31 - Jul 28 by nhd23

Absolutely pathetic idea.Embarrassing.

Woo well done Tony thanks for sanctioning the disastrous signings of Green,Bosingwa,Mbia,Samba,Park all on ridiculous money under the stewardship of Mark Hughes the worst manager we've had since Alan Mullery and our subsequent relegation.

*Applauds

Spot on.

If we are losing in the 82nd minute on Saturday than this won't happen anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024