Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy 21:25 - Jan 23 with 23555 viewswaveydave

TV caught it, red card. Retrospective action will be taken for sure
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:21 - Jan 24 with 1204 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I saw it and laughed

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:24 - Jan 24 with 1190 viewsTHEBUSH

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:15 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm really surprised at the reaction to this. I'm not surprised that the Old Boys Club are protecting Hazard but the football media are also making relatively light of it. I can't think of another sport who'd treat one of its players kicking a ball boy as lightly as this. The last twelve months have confirmed that racism is fair game for players, now kicking a ballboy is apparently a small thing, too. If English football doesn't take this very seriously then it really is in a moral morass.

Do you think the ball boy is totally innocent ?
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:27 - Jan 24 with 1186 viewsKonk

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:15 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm really surprised at the reaction to this. I'm not surprised that the Old Boys Club are protecting Hazard but the football media are also making relatively light of it. I can't think of another sport who'd treat one of its players kicking a ball boy as lightly as this. The last twelve months have confirmed that racism is fair game for players, now kicking a ballboy is apparently a small thing, too. If English football doesn't take this very seriously then it really is in a moral morass.

"Ballboy" conjours up images of some tiny eight year old in NHS specs. This is a seventeen year old boy acting like a complete helmet and deliberately witholding the ball from the opposition (let's forget it's Chelsea). He's representing SCFC and he's lying on a ball, trying to stop an opposition player from speeding up the return of the ball for a goal kick. Whilst lying on the ball, a twenty year old, eight stone short ars e, attempts to grab the ball, but the bellend keeps lying on the ball. So the player toe pokes it out from him with minimal backlift. Kn obhead then rolls around like he's been hit by a van, shot at close range or charged by a bull. He's not hurt - he's a co ck. I have zero sympathy for him and would be appalled if Hazard gets more than a three game ban as there's quite enough cheating in football without encouraging ballboys/Stewards/ladies in the pie hut to get in on the act.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:33 - Jan 24 with 1171 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:24 - Jan 24 by THEBUSH

Do you think the ball boy is totally innocent ?

No, Bush, but I can't see how that excuses Hazard's behaviour in any way whatsoever. If this was a student and a PE teacher, the law would be involved now and the teacher would be suspended pending investigation. The same laws and morals apply to footballers, they're just not applied.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:36 - Jan 24 with 1159 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:27 - Jan 24 by Konk

"Ballboy" conjours up images of some tiny eight year old in NHS specs. This is a seventeen year old boy acting like a complete helmet and deliberately witholding the ball from the opposition (let's forget it's Chelsea). He's representing SCFC and he's lying on a ball, trying to stop an opposition player from speeding up the return of the ball for a goal kick. Whilst lying on the ball, a twenty year old, eight stone short ars e, attempts to grab the ball, but the bellend keeps lying on the ball. So the player toe pokes it out from him with minimal backlift. Kn obhead then rolls around like he's been hit by a van, shot at close range or charged by a bull. He's not hurt - he's a co ck. I have zero sympathy for him and would be appalled if Hazard gets more than a three game ban as there's quite enough cheating in football without encouraging ballboys/Stewards/ladies in the pie hut to get in on the act.

Can't agree Konk. See my reply to Bush. The fact that the lad acted the muppet should mean little to the cops or the FA. There's simply no excuse for kicking a ballboy.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:40 - Jan 24 with 1141 viewsElHoop

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:36 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't agree Konk. See my reply to Bush. The fact that the lad acted the muppet should mean little to the cops or the FA. There's simply no excuse for kicking a ballboy.

Yes - the teacher would be suspended but not the boy.

It's people like you who have ruined this country Brian. The 'boy' does what the hell he likes because nobody will discipline him even if they haven't actively encouraged him to act the tosser in the first place, and whatever anyone tries to do about it he'll just laugh at them and nothing happens,and if any 'physicality' whatsoever is involved, or any hint of 'racism' etc then it's 'authority' which has it's collar felt.

Genius Brian, genius.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:41 - Jan 24 with 1134 viewsKonk

If he'd done a Shearer on Lennon's head, then I could agree, but he's kicked the ball out from under the idiot and then caught him with some follow through. He hasn't taken a run-up, swung his leg back and tried to really boot him. I have less than zero sympathy for the world's oldest ballboy and would imagine that the police would have been embarrassed if they'd been asked to get involved. Absolute fuss over nothing. In fact, if I'd been that ballboy, my parents would have marched me into the Chelsea dressing room and forced me to apologise for being a complete co ck.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:43 - Jan 24 with 1127 viewsbob566

the lad was twice the size of hazard. It's nearly his 18th birthday. Of course you shouldn't kick a ball boy but like others have said this wasn't a cub scout out there. If hazard gets done i hope swansea get done too for fielding that clown.
Login to get fewer ads

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 1124 viewsQPunkR

Still haven't seen this, but when my mate texted me bout it yesterday I imagined Hazard kicked a kid of around 8 when I read 'ballboy'. 17 years old it turns out?? Bellend more like!
Sounds thoroughly embarrassing for all involved, and is indicative of the way football's going that a 17 year old munchkin decides to roll about pretending he's been shot, just cos he sees footballers doing it.
Of course Hazard should also be punished, even if he just brushed the kidult, but that Taff should be ashamed, it's a 22 year old vs a 17 for gawd's sakes

QPR - "shit but local"

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 1118 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:40 - Jan 24 by ElHoop

Yes - the teacher would be suspended but not the boy.

It's people like you who have ruined this country Brian. The 'boy' does what the hell he likes because nobody will discipline him even if they haven't actively encouraged him to act the tosser in the first place, and whatever anyone tries to do about it he'll just laugh at them and nothing happens,and if any 'physicality' whatsoever is involved, or any hint of 'racism' etc then it's 'authority' which has it's collar felt.

Genius Brian, genius.

People like me? You don't know me from Adam.

Calm yourself. I haven't even commented on the kid. And I couldn't care less about him. Hang him if you like. I'm only commenting on Hazard, and football's incredible capacity to forgive itself for anything. Football is never wrong.

PS . Sorry for ruining the country!

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 1118 viewsJamie

That, and the Daily Mail furore implies that he's taken a running kick at a defenseless child.

In reality, he's prodded the ball away from under a 17 year old - the replay that SSN showed ONCE (and promptly stopped showing as it killed the scandal they are desperately trying to cultivate) this morning showed clearly that he kicked the ball - with absolutely no intention of hurting the 'kid' and who has not been slightly injured.

3 game ban is perfectly acceptable for Hazard being stupid enough to get involved and hopefully action also taken against Swansea for the conduct of people representing them.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:49 - Jan 24 with 1110 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I don't get these stupidest of comments about the ballboy obviously you haven't been kicked by someone wearing football boots I have and it hurts .Also it didn't look like a gentle swing of the leg to me and the twitter thing is a seventeen year old being a seventeen year old and is irrelevant to the argument . Time wasting is down to the ref to judge control and add on it has f**k all to do with the players and that act of assault is inexcusable . The ballboy helped to diffuse the situation by going in the dressing room and apologising although in my opinion he had nothing to apologise for.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:51 - Jan 24 with 1104 viewsKonk

Just been reminded that Chelsea have a history of abusing ballboys: Ray Wilkins screaming, "Gimme the fu cking ball" to a ballboy at Mexico '86(?) Fair enough, he wasn't at Chelsea at the time, but they obviously encourage abusing innocent kids at induction day or something.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 1097 viewsElHoop

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:47 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

People like me? You don't know me from Adam.

Calm yourself. I haven't even commented on the kid. And I couldn't care less about him. Hang him if you like. I'm only commenting on Hazard, and football's incredible capacity to forgive itself for anything. Football is never wrong.

PS . Sorry for ruining the country!

I know what you said, I know what you said, Brian McCarthy, I know what you said...

If the kid hadn't behaved like an arse then Hazard wouldn't have reacted however badly you or i think he reacted, but the kid knows he can behave like an arse and nothing will happen to him.

You're right, I don't know you, I don't mind you at all - you seem Ok, but this attitude, it's wrong.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:53 - Jan 24 with 1095 viewsingeminate

It's just really funny- not sure what the fuss is about.

THe kid will be a folk hero down SWansea way, he wasn't in the least bit hurt, but played up to the cameras massively. Hazard got sent off and CHelsea lost the game plus Terry lost the plot, a lot of shelf righteous baloney on here - lighten up!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:58 - Jan 24 with 1083 viewsQPunkR

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:51 - Jan 24 by Konk

Just been reminded that Chelsea have a history of abusing ballboys: Ray Wilkins screaming, "Gimme the fu cking ball" to a ballboy at Mexico '86(?) Fair enough, he wasn't at Chelsea at the time, but they obviously encourage abusing innocent kids at induction day or something.

My word

QPR - "shit but local"

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:00 - Jan 24 with 1074 viewsKonk

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:49 - Jan 24 by carrotcrunch_R

I don't get these stupidest of comments about the ballboy obviously you haven't been kicked by someone wearing football boots I have and it hurts .Also it didn't look like a gentle swing of the leg to me and the twitter thing is a seventeen year old being a seventeen year old and is irrelevant to the argument . Time wasting is down to the ref to judge control and add on it has f**k all to do with the players and that act of assault is inexcusable . The ballboy helped to diffuse the situation by going in the dressing room and apologising although in my opinion he had nothing to apologise for.

"The ballboy helped to diffuse the situation by going in the dressing room and apologising" - that was big of him after he started the whole episode by being a cheating t wat. I'd imagine/hope his Dad, as the club's major investor, was also probably a little bit embarrassed at having his son overshadow Swansea getting to their first ever major final by acting like a complete tit and blatantly cheating in a cringe-worthy fashion.

Going round in circles here, but talk of assault is laughable. He got a knock in the side when Hazard was kicking the ball free. NB. This is hopefully the last time I ever find myself sympathising with CFC.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:00 - Jan 24 with 1073 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:51 - Jan 24 by Konk

I think it was in a friendly in South America (Barnes's Brazil game?) in the lead-up to '86 Finals, Konk?

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:01 - Jan 24 with 1072 viewsTheBlob

The kid's technique will improve after a few lessons from Suarez.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:01 - Jan 24 with 1070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 12:52 - Jan 24 by ElHoop

I know what you said, I know what you said, Brian McCarthy, I know what you said...

If the kid hadn't behaved like an arse then Hazard wouldn't have reacted however badly you or i think he reacted, but the kid knows he can behave like an arse and nothing will happen to him.

You're right, I don't know you, I don't mind you at all - you seem Ok, but this attitude, it's wrong.

Fair enough, Elhoop, you seem sound too!

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 1060 viewsdaveB

shouldn't matter if the ball boy was 8 or 80 or if it was a fan holding onto the ball, Hazard shouldn't have kicked him end of really
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:04 - Jan 24 with 1059 viewsKonk

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:00 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it was in a friendly in South America (Barnes's Brazil game?) in the lead-up to '86 Finals, Konk?

Could well have been. I remember it was somewhere hot and that's about it. I was genuinely shocked when I saw the clip - didn't think he had it in him.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:06 - Jan 24 with 1056 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:00 - Jan 24 by Konk

"The ballboy helped to diffuse the situation by going in the dressing room and apologising" - that was big of him after he started the whole episode by being a cheating t wat. I'd imagine/hope his Dad, as the club's major investor, was also probably a little bit embarrassed at having his son overshadow Swansea getting to their first ever major final by acting like a complete tit and blatantly cheating in a cringe-worthy fashion.

Going round in circles here, but talk of assault is laughable. He got a knock in the side when Hazard was kicking the ball free. NB. This is hopefully the last time I ever find myself sympathising with CFC.

Don't be ridiculous hazard shouldn't have been there in the first place if Barton was in the same situation he would be in a cell facing assault charges and the whole world including you would be condemning him .
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 1043 viewsWalnut

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:00 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Chile 84.
Going off topic, who remembers how ITV greeted that magnificent Barnes goal in Brazil on TV that night??
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 1034 viewsJamie

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:03 - Jan 24 by daveB

shouldn't matter if the ball boy was 8 or 80 or if it was a fan holding onto the ball, Hazard shouldn't have kicked him end of really

Well he clearly doesn't intend to kick the guy, and any contact is minimal at best causing absolutely no injury making the ensuing furore a nonsense. 3 match ban is perfectly sufficient.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024