Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy 21:25 - Jan 23 with 23556 viewswaveydave

TV caught it, red card. Retrospective action will be taken for sure
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:09 - Jan 24 with 1224 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:36 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave, wasn't the WC sending-off for throwing the ball at the ref?

yeah sorry it was the ref he threw it at
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:10 - Jan 24 with 1217 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:42 - Jan 24 by Jamie

The angle Sky showed this morning.

and from the other angle you see him catching the ball boy
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 1200 viewsJamie

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:10 - Jan 24 by daveB

Which is why they are flogging it to death, the above angle shows that whilst clearly this was the savage assault some are claiming, Hazard makes contact first and foremost with the ball.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:16 - Jan 24 with 1190 viewsfakekerby

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:10 - Jan 24 by daveB

Looks completely harmless from that angle - doesn't look much worse from any other angle. Minimum backlift, ball barely moves, nothing in it really. Hardly a Cantona kung fu kick or a Fellaini headbutt.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:18 - Jan 24 with 1182 viewsNorthernr

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:14 - Jan 24 by Jamie

Which is why they are flogging it to death, the above angle shows that whilst clearly this was the savage assault some are claiming, Hazard makes contact first and foremost with the ball.

And you are still, ten pages on, totally missing the point. Age of ball boy irrelevant, strength of kick irrelevant, ball boy wasting time irrelevant, whether he kicked the ball or not irrelevant, thickness of ballboy's coat irrelevant, ballboy feigning injury irrelevant, ballboy looking at referee and linesman irrelevant, Sky Sports only showing one angle of it irrelevant.

It was a moronic, stupid, idiotic thing to do. He shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Anything other than that is immaterial. He was sent off which was the correct decision. He should serve the ban and that should be the end of it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 1173 viewssimmo

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:16 - Jan 24 by fakekerby

Looks completely harmless from that angle - doesn't look much worse from any other angle. Minimum backlift, ball barely moves, nothing in it really. Hardly a Cantona kung fu kick or a Fellaini headbutt.

He's 16/17 right? If he was like me at that age then when he's not playing football or w@nking he's probably play fighting with all his mates and I would guess its a bit rougher than whatever he took there.

I dont understand what all this reaction is. It's funny/ridiculous, the kids hardly had a Rodney King experience has he

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:21 - Jan 24 with 1172 viewsTW_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:16 - Jan 24 by fakekerby

Exactly. I've done the same thing as a kid mucking about with friends who have ended up lying on the ball to stop me playing. They didn't roll around in agony and then grasp their side for ten minutes.

Complete mountain out of a mole hill scenario!
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:25 - Jan 24 with 1161 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:18 - Jan 24 by Northernr

And you are still, ten pages on, totally missing the point. Age of ball boy irrelevant, strength of kick irrelevant, ball boy wasting time irrelevant, whether he kicked the ball or not irrelevant, thickness of ballboy's coat irrelevant, ballboy feigning injury irrelevant, ballboy looking at referee and linesman irrelevant, Sky Sports only showing one angle of it irrelevant.

It was a moronic, stupid, idiotic thing to do. He shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Anything other than that is immaterial. He was sent off which was the correct decision. He should serve the ban and that should be the end of it.

The problem is Clive people on here don't understand who broke the rules .The ballboy didn't but hazard did end of discussion.
Login to get fewer ads

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:27 - Jan 24 with 1158 viewspomanjou

"It was a moronic, stupid, idiotic thing to do"...............There but for the grace of god etc..............................

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:27 - Jan 24 with 1153 viewsgobbles

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:03 - Jan 24 by Jamie

"And if Hazard had just manned up and apologised, no one would be going on about this. Instead, he did that mealy-mouthed "he apologised to me, so I apologised to him" rubbish."

Admittedly you may have seen a different apology, but the one being run with is:

'I am sorry, I tried to kick the ball, I think I kicked the ball and maybe I caught him. I have apologised to him as he has apologised to me and it is over. I am sorry.'

Not sure what more you expect in apology.

This is what was said last night

"The boy put his whole body on to the ball and I was just trying to kick the ball and I think I kicked the ball and not the boy.
"I apologise. The ball boy came in the changing room and we had a quick chat and I apologised and the boy apologised as well, and it is over. Sorry."

First thing he does is blame the boy.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:28 - Jan 24 with 1147 viewsfakekerby

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:25 - Jan 24 by carrotcrunch_R

The problem is Clive people on here don't understand who broke the rules .The ballboy didn't but hazard did end of discussion.

A rule of being a ballboy is to 'set out to deliberately waste time'?
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:30 - Jan 24 with 1141 viewspomanjou

Ah, so the yoof was within the rules. I see. I didnt realise that. I'll have to look up rules for overage overgrown ball boys at Swansea cos I didnt realise that you were supposed to prevent players getting the ball. Silly me.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:35 - Jan 24 with 1130 viewsKonk

Hazard will be suspended and was an idiot for getting involved. Fine.

The kid is a c ock. I don't see anyone saying Hazard wasn't a kno b even if they can sympathise with his frustration and don't think he now poses a threat to every seventeen year old in the land. This was not Shearer trying to kick Lennon's head into space.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:39 - Jan 24 with 1122 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Ffs fakerboy and pomanjou that is for the officials too decide not the player to take the law into his own hands surely you can see that.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:42 - Jan 24 with 1115 viewsJuzzie

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:33 - Jan 24 by QPR_John

Can we now confirm that any male aged 17 will in future be refered to as a "kid" or "young lad" whatever the situation.

I've noticed when watching the news on TV that when someone, usually male, around 17-21 has been the victim of something, they're refereed to as a young person yet if they are the perpotrator, they are reported as being a 'man'. Anyone else notice this?

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:42 - Jan 24 with 1150 viewsJamie

Which is exactly what I have been saying. Standard 3 game ban, everyone gets on with their lives.

Not sure what the point you think is there that is being missed. Hazard goes to retrieve the ball which he is entirely within his rights to do, ball 'boy' slumps onto it which he has no right to do, Hazard pokes the ball away from under ball 'boy', makes at best minimal contact with the ball 'boy' and doesn't hurt him. Referee on the info he is given has to send him off, end. As SSN have pointed out at length, Hazard is not the first player to come into contact with a ball 'boy', and in none of those other incidents was any sort of action taken against the players.

Some people and the media especially are advocating long term bans FFS. As said in the first place, a sad, sad world.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:48 - Jan 24 with 1136 viewsNorthernr

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:42 - Jan 24 by Jamie

Which is exactly what I have been saying. Standard 3 game ban, everyone gets on with their lives.

Not sure what the point you think is there that is being missed. Hazard goes to retrieve the ball which he is entirely within his rights to do, ball 'boy' slumps onto it which he has no right to do, Hazard pokes the ball away from under ball 'boy', makes at best minimal contact with the ball 'boy' and doesn't hurt him. Referee on the info he is given has to send him off, end. As SSN have pointed out at length, Hazard is not the first player to come into contact with a ball 'boy', and in none of those other incidents was any sort of action taken against the players.

Some people and the media especially are advocating long term bans FFS. As said in the first place, a sad, sad world.

Another paragraph of irrelevant statements there. Ball boy slumping irrelevant, Hazard poking the ball irrelevant, strength of contact irrelevant, whether he was hurt or not irrelevant, whether he's the first player to come into contact with a ballboy or not irrelevant, whether action was taken against other players who came into contact with ballboys irrelevant.

Hazard is not entirely within his rights to go and retrieve the ball. It was a goal kick, it was not for him to leave the field and get involved with it. The rule states he should not leave the field. He was an idiot, it was an idiotic thing to do. There is no defence for his action.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 1115 viewsJamie

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:48 - Jan 24 by Northernr

Another paragraph of irrelevant statements there. Ball boy slumping irrelevant, Hazard poking the ball irrelevant, strength of contact irrelevant, whether he was hurt or not irrelevant, whether he's the first player to come into contact with a ballboy or not irrelevant, whether action was taken against other players who came into contact with ballboys irrelevant.

Hazard is not entirely within his rights to go and retrieve the ball. It was a goal kick, it was not for him to leave the field and get involved with it. The rule states he should not leave the field. He was an idiot, it was an idiotic thing to do. There is no defence for his action.

Whether the guy is right to obstruct a footballer clearly isn't irrelevant as if the guy doesn't there is no incident.

Whether the guy is hurt or not clearly isn't irrelevant as if he doesn't roll around the floor in between checking the officials are looking there is no red card and no ensuing nonsense.

Whether this is the first time it has happened is clearly not irrelevant as despite the press baying for a long term ban, the FA have already laid down a precedent with Cabaye.

What is relevant is as stated elsewhere that if this want a Chelsea player there would be no long thread here with laughable talk of 'assault'.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:58 - Jan 24 with 1097 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:53 - Jan 24 by Jamie

Whether the guy is right to obstruct a footballer clearly isn't irrelevant as if the guy doesn't there is no incident.

Whether the guy is hurt or not clearly isn't irrelevant as if he doesn't roll around the floor in between checking the officials are looking there is no red card and no ensuing nonsense.

Whether this is the first time it has happened is clearly not irrelevant as despite the press baying for a long term ban, the FA have already laid down a precedent with Cabaye.

What is relevant is as stated elsewhere that if this want a Chelsea player there would be no long thread here with laughable talk of 'assault'.

It don't matter who it was or who he plays for that is irrelevant as well .Whatever ban he gets will be deserved and that is that
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 15:00 - Jan 24 with 1088 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"What is relevant is as stated elsewhere that if this want a Chelsea player there would be no long thread here with laughable talk of 'assault'."

Disagree. If it was a Rangers player, I'd be far more concerned and worried about my club's reputation and morals, so I'd be far more involved in this thread. What's more I'd want my club to suspend him even if the FA and the lad's Chairman father bottled it.

Chelsea? They have no good reputation to damage.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 15:01 - Jan 24 with 1086 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:14 - Jan 24 by Jamie

no one has said it was a savage assault. this wasn't a 50/50 tackle where he got the ball first this was a footballer kicking a non player, i don't care if he got a bit of the ball he shouldn't be anywhere near the situation. He might as well have a kicked a fan for holding onto the ball

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 15:01 - Jan 24 with 1084 viewsAntti_Heinola

listen, Jamie. He kicked him. How hard is irrelevant. He kicked him. This is a long thread mainly because for ages you insisted there was 'no contact' before changing it to 'minimal contact' and wittering on about the protective powers of puffa jackets. He got sent off, and would have done whether the kid overreacted or not, because he kicked him - much as when Cisse got sent off last season. He held a player's chin and was sent off. It didn't hurt him. It didn't injure him. But it was still violent conduct.

But chiefly, this was an incredibly funny thing that happened, to a club we all (and by all I mean everyone at every club) love to hate. But you... you succeeded in sucking all the fun out of it with your preposterous whining.

Just get over it.

Bare bones.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 15:07 - Jan 24 with 1074 viewsPinnerPaul

Spot on Clive.

What people forget, including TV commentators, is that Violent Conduct can be against "......any other person" as per LOTG.

Always a surprise when ref shows red card when not against an opponent, but fighting with team mates, hitting the ref, grappling with streakers, head butting mascots and kicking ball boys are all red card offences!

As Dermot Gallagher said this morning, imagine the furore if he had NOT sent him off!!!
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 15:08 - Jan 24 with 1071 viewsNorthernr

I shall retire at this point. Potentially to summon strength for another go at explaining this, possibly with finger puppets. Although in truth the old phrase about not arguing with eejits because they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience is probably apt.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 15:10 - Jan 24 with 1057 viewssimmo

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:58 - Jan 24 by carrotcrunch_R

It don't matter who it was or who he plays for that is irrelevant as well .Whatever ban he gets will be deserved and that is that

What if he gets a ban from Tesco's? Would that be deserved?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024