Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sven 20:16 - Nov 21 with 6715 viewsHayesender

2-1 with Betfair apparently

I think I really would cry

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sven on 23:03 - Nov 21 with 1152 viewsCHUBBS

There is no way on gods green earth this man should be given the job even if MH don't win another game.I'd rather see MH humiliate himself for the next few weeks until he grows tired of it all and does the honorable thing.

Sven on 23:05 - Nov 21 with 1139 viewsNorthernr

This thread is restoring my faith. Anybody advocating a 'big name' appointment has learnt sweet FA from the last 18 months at QPR.
Sven on 23:10 - Nov 21 with 1129 viewsNorthernr

Sven on 22:40 - Nov 21 by essextaxiboy

You really would give up all the history you have of going with your dad and some really close friends , the days out and everything for one bloke ?What would you do.with yourself.When Paladini joined the club I had a tenous link to someone on the finance side who left.me.convinced that he was bad news. i didnt renew.my ST in protest and watched Billericay Town instead ... it was kin torture . I spent all the game on my phone or on the clubhouse watching Sky to follow the Rangers game .I lasted till Xmas and got a half ST . i resolved to protest from within after that. if he was to get the job its humble.pie.or empty Matchdays ..i have been there and it doesnt taste too bad with a bit of sugar on it.

Basically everything that Neil said. Appointing Sven would be the final, final straw. That is a man interested in his cock and his wallet and is quite happy to use football clubs to get what he wants for both. A slimy, sleezy moron who has long since given up giving a tos about football except when he can use it to further said cock and wallet quests. I would do exactly what my dad would have done and go and watch Grimsby Town until QPR regain their fcking senses.
Sven on 23:16 - Nov 21 with 1122 viewsjamois

Sven on 22:17 - Nov 21 by essextaxiboy

If you read the facts of his managerial career without knowing who its about it is impressive .

This might be true but I think he had his day and it was a long time ago. For me, it's the symbolism in the appointment of Sven. It would mark the final chapter in the destruction of the soul of the club. The need to get someone who's nowadays more of a name, a cheap celebrity, with a contact book and dodgy superagent in tow, rather than someone who places himself at the mercy of the the spirit, ethos and history of our club and works to fulfill that. Rather than the other way around. It would also worryingly demonstrate to me that TF has learnt very little from the last 12 months.

On the other hand, my remarks about shredding my season ticket, are somewhat borne from the fact that I would be truly shocked if Sven was appointed. I have a lot of faith we are not going down that road.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Sven on 23:20 - Nov 21 with 1114 viewsNorthernr

Sven on 22:17 - Nov 21 by essextaxiboy

If you read the facts of his managerial career without knowing who its about it is impressive .

Even if you think he did a good job with the national team, his last five appointments which go all the way back to 2007 have been unmitigated fcking disasters.I ignore Holloway, but you've been half sane previously so I can only conclude you're on the wind up.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Sven on 23:21 - Nov 21 with 1110 viewsNeil_SI

Sven on 22:40 - Nov 21 by essextaxiboy

You really would give up all the history you have of going with your dad and some really close friends , the days out and everything for one bloke ?What would you do.with yourself.When Paladini joined the club I had a tenous link to someone on the finance side who left.me.convinced that he was bad news. i didnt renew.my ST in protest and watched Billericay Town instead ... it was kin torture . I spent all the game on my phone or on the clubhouse watching Sky to follow the Rangers game .I lasted till Xmas and got a half ST . i resolved to protest from within after that. if he was to get the job its humble.pie.or empty Matchdays ..i have been there and it doesnt taste too bad with a bit of sugar on it.

Maybe that's where we're different. I can happily watch pretty much any kind of football, at whatever the level. When I used to live in Hendon I'd go and watch their reserves play because I had nothing better to do and you could get in for free. At times, I was one of the only people there and they must have been wondering who on Earth I was.

I've been involved in the Ladies game and can watch ladies football, including even Ladies Reserve football. Or I can even watch Sunday League or park football. At Christmas, I tend to watch Welsh amateur football, simply because there's a small club called Undy right by where my missus' family lives. Sad perhaps, but I just love the game from top to bottom.

It wouldn't stop me from say choosing to watch QPR on TV, but it would stop me from coming to the stadium. I would be undecided whether I would still keep my season ticket and seat, most likely I would because I'm stupid like that.

It wouldn't stop me from rushing back once that period ended.

Eriksson caused a detrimental snowball affect on the English national team that it has never recovered from and that managers after him amazingly repeated, or seem to adopt as standard practice.

It's affected the way managers, players and fans perceive and behave towards the national set up and its identity. The World Rankings are worthless, and I'm so thankful he didn't win anything with England because there's no way I could have celebrated that at all, a feeling I struggle to shake off to this day.

I found him to be pretty inept both on and off the field with so many different things and really found it amazing that he was in the post for so long.

I used to watch every England game twice, but now I seem to celebrate every goal scored against them like they are Chelsea and after all these years, I still can't get my head around how it's turned so wildly from one extreme to the next for me and I'm gutted because I know it's unlikely going to come back.

I'm a pretty level headed guy — but not when it comes to this. The LFW travelling crew know not to mention his name in my presence. It's not worth it. ;)
Sven on 23:32 - Nov 21 with 1080 viewsCHUBBS

A few years back a large group of disgruntled Stoke fans said they'd never go again whilst Pullis was in charge.Most changed their minds once the team became successful.
Personally i couldn't care less what Sven gets up to in his private life so would take him if i thought he'd be a success.But,i reckon he probably wouldn't do any better than MH and his after game interviews would be mind bending so the thought of him scares me.
Also still can't forgive the rat for letting the Aussies beat England.Truly shameful.
Sven on 23:36 - Nov 21 with 1067 viewsHollowayRanger

looks like i'll have the stadium to myself!

wouldnt miss it for the world QPR is QPR we dont matter the players dont matter the managers dont matter all that matters is that the club and name lives on

that said id rather have kenny jacket dont want poodle (fed up with chelski scum as managers) said from the beginning i would have rather we had bought the best quality young championship players that we could,they may have been good enough to keep us up but failing that would have been good enough to bring us back up,instead of a bunch of over paid crocks (nelsen apart)

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Sven on 23:38 - Nov 21 with 1063 viewsPommyhoop

And this ones going out for Neil and Clive from down there in W12

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sven on 23:38 - Nov 21 with 1063 viewsFearless

Sven on 23:21 - Nov 21 by Neil_SI

Maybe that's where we're different. I can happily watch pretty much any kind of football, at whatever the level. When I used to live in Hendon I'd go and watch their reserves play because I had nothing better to do and you could get in for free. At times, I was one of the only people there and they must have been wondering who on Earth I was.

I've been involved in the Ladies game and can watch ladies football, including even Ladies Reserve football. Or I can even watch Sunday League or park football. At Christmas, I tend to watch Welsh amateur football, simply because there's a small club called Undy right by where my missus' family lives. Sad perhaps, but I just love the game from top to bottom.

It wouldn't stop me from say choosing to watch QPR on TV, but it would stop me from coming to the stadium. I would be undecided whether I would still keep my season ticket and seat, most likely I would because I'm stupid like that.

It wouldn't stop me from rushing back once that period ended.

Eriksson caused a detrimental snowball affect on the English national team that it has never recovered from and that managers after him amazingly repeated, or seem to adopt as standard practice.

It's affected the way managers, players and fans perceive and behave towards the national set up and its identity. The World Rankings are worthless, and I'm so thankful he didn't win anything with England because there's no way I could have celebrated that at all, a feeling I struggle to shake off to this day.

I found him to be pretty inept both on and off the field with so many different things and really found it amazing that he was in the post for so long.

I used to watch every England game twice, but now I seem to celebrate every goal scored against them like they are Chelsea and after all these years, I still can't get my head around how it's turned so wildly from one extreme to the next for me and I'm gutted because I know it's unlikely going to come back.

I'm a pretty level headed guy — but not when it comes to this. The LFW travelling crew know not to mention his name in my presence. It's not worth it. ;)

Christ Neil - you and I are polar opposites!

I'm not sure I even like football: I don't watch any other team, don't watch MOTD, don't watch England games, don't have Sky and wouldn't watch live prem games anyway.

If it wasn't for the people at Rangers I think I'd give up a together.

Went and watched Wealdstone with some other R's last season and it bored me to tears.

Oh well - let's hope Sven's nowhere near do you won't have to fulfill your decision.

For what it's worth, I think MH should be made to stay even if he offered to resign - if we have to watch that shit, so should he!
Sven on 23:46 - Nov 21 with 1046 viewsstansleftfoot

Tony Fernandes has been sold a pup, in the form of his apparent friend, Mark Hughes. I also believed the dream of a managed development of Team, Back room, Youth development, Philip Beard, new Ground and sustainable growth.
But when we signed the Fulham FC forward line, etc, etc, it was clear Hughes is a mug and was taking an easy route, well, he should pay, no third chance.
There is no indication of the humility required from Mark Hughes and his Coaches to achieve the resolution of the multiple problems his has created.
Sven or any of the other big name candidates will only compound the difficulties, we need simple straight forward discipline, a resilient game plan based on possession of the ball and enough legs to get two, three willing players in the box to take some chances. A glimpse of a challenge in defence would be handy.
Mark Hughes has no solutions because his answers this year are as effective as they where last. He was lucky to keep us up! He remains as clueless this year as last.
I make Jamie Mackie and Peter Crouch as the forces that kept QPR up.
Given its likely he will take us down, get rid today and let somebody come in who wants to get young talented players playing to their full ability.
There's some margin for three other relegation candidates NOW but in a month/6 weeks, its likely without a change we will have booked one slot.
If we ended up with Sven, Fernandes deserves all the ridicule he will get! and our relegation....Tony you will throw it all away!
Sven on 00:03 - Nov 22 with 1021 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

It wouldn't stop me from going. Not even the humanoid encarnation of notts farking forest in charge would stop me. I don't often like the manager, the owner, some of the players, heck even some fans, but I'll alwas go when I can.
Sven on 00:14 - Nov 22 with 1004 viewsaussiehoop

I'm fast losing interest in football at the moment... It's all becoming somewhat farcical!

Would Sven be worse than Hughes? Probably not?

Is Harry the answer? Probably not but at the very least he'd have us scoring goals.

I think Mackay has now served his "apprenticeship" so to speak. If Hughes gets the bullet and we look even bigger dead certs to go down then he'd be the fella I'd plump for. Would be able to get us out of the championship and possesses the skill I think to establish us in PL.

Strange to think I'm already thinking about promotion from the championship next season.
Sven on 00:17 - Nov 22 with 1002 viewsbaz_qpr

Before we all get too excited or despondent, next QPR manager with the man still in the job is not exactly going to be a high turnover market, it would not take much to move it and someone was shouting about Sven being the next manager in the Ellerslie last week.

I'd be really shocked by this appointment if it was true. Last season we took the best guy on the market (little were we to know) with a reputation for club building which is where TF wanted to be. I'm not sure given our current position and our current playing staff whether a Karl Robinson type is going to be able to command enough respect to get these players listening and doing as he wishes.

I think this has got some time to run yet, I dont think Harry will come to us, Di Matteo may look attractive and there is not a lot out there in the market place.

If they are looking for a name, IMHO its not for the sake of having a name but having someone who can command that dressing room
Sven on 00:19 - Nov 22 with 1000 viewsted_hendrix

Overly strong words lads especially you Neil

I'll be stunned If we appoint Eriksson but not to the point that I'd give my ST up or give QPR up come to that.

I've basically given up on this season already but they're you go, you just keep turning up,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sven on 00:44 - Nov 22 with 985 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Please not Sven. Someone young with ambition (?)

Sack hughes, lose the arrogance, prepare for Cship in Jan window and who knows...

Sunderland, Nrwich, Reading and Shampton are still sh1te

It's got to be Yarg

Sven on 06:50 - Nov 22 with 947 viewsessextaxiboy

Sven on 23:20 - Nov 21 by Northernr

Even if you think he did a good job with the national team, his last five appointments which go all the way back to 2007 have been unmitigated fcking disasters.I ignore Holloway, but you've been half sane previously so I can only conclude you're on the wind up.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Thanks for that but Im not out to wind anyone up.

Firstly I dont want Sven ,as I said before I dont care about England although the Germany 5-1was enjoyable
Hoddle would be my choice although I think Harry is best suited to our situation at the moment.

My point is that why would you say that you wouldnt go just because of one bloke .I admire your principle but to retain credibility you have to go through with it .

That means if he was to get the job today , no Old Trafford, no Villa game , no meeting up with your group on Boxing Day for a Christmas drink and the game .

You have secured a piece in the programme , give that up ? For Sven Goran Ericcson FFS

Sorry butI dont think you would stick it for a month I sincerely hope you dont have to try .
Sven on 09:14 - Nov 22 with 823 viewsMonahoop

Agree with all of NeilSL's comments here. Sven is nothing more than a Scandanavian equivalent of Mark Hughes. Talks up a good game and fails miserably.

Poyet is my favourite. Not tested at Prem level, but keen enough I'm sure.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Sven on 09:17 - Nov 22 with 816 viewsVish

Sven on 09:14 - Nov 22 by Monahoop

Agree with all of NeilSL's comments here. Sven is nothing more than a Scandanavian equivalent of Mark Hughes. Talks up a good game and fails miserably.

Poyet is my favourite. Not tested at Prem level, but keen enough I'm sure.

I'm with you on this. Sven is a non-starter.

However someone like Poyet is what we will need. Lets hope we actually interview candidates this time around.
Sven on 09:21 - Nov 22 with 808 viewscorse

no no no no please no.
Sven on 09:24 - Nov 22 with 804 viewsderbyhoop

Stating the bleeding obvious but before we find another manager, we have to get rid of the current one.
When the board decide to make the change, it would be a seriously good idea to sit down with their own 4 Year Plan and decide what is truly achievable for a club of our size, given the position we are in at the time.
IMO, we are going to get relegated whether we change the manager or not, and irrespective of who the new manager would be. If we accept that premise, we will need a manager capable of getting us promoted from the Championship, whilst overhauling the playing staff on a much more limited budget. If you can also find a manager who can grow into a Premiership manager, even better. For me, that means somebody ambitious, who has already learnt the basics but isn't too arrogant to realise that there is more to do. For me, no big names, but Poyet, McKay, Robinson fit the bill.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sven on 09:29 - Nov 22 with 794 viewsGloucs_R

I wonder who could be spreading rumours of Harry not coming and Sven is favourite? Maybes board who can't afford to sack Hughes?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sven on 09:39 - Nov 22 with 777 viewsCharlie1

Can't stand Sven but I couldn't stand Hart, Hardford, Houston and others.....

Still went though

Would be a disaster of an appointment and won't happen.

2:59 baby!

Sven on 09:55 - Nov 22 with 750 viewsA40Bosh

I don't want him solely and simply because I could not bear listening to his every answer to every question beginning in the same way.

Reporter: "Sven, that is the 12th consecutive defeat for Queens Park Rangers since you have taken off from Mark Hughes last December, do you really think you can still turn this around?"

Sven: "Wellllllllllllllll"................(10 sec pregnant pause)........."May beeeeeee"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Sven on 10:01 - Nov 22 with 742 viewsTheBlob

Sven on 09:39 - Nov 22 by Charlie1

Can't stand Sven but I couldn't stand Hart, Hardford, Houston and others.....

Still went though

Would be a disaster of an appointment and won't happen.

Exactly.
No big deal.R's could appoint Jimmy Savile and people would still turn up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024