Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant/Refugee crisis 11:04 - Sep 4 with 62708 viewsDeano19766

Just a thought on this subject which is all over the news saying we are a disgrace and should do more to help -

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Refugee - "A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". So when a person flees their country for those reasons they are a refugee (and that is of course a terrible thing to happen to anyone and is yet another sad fact about humanity as a species). However, it could (and should) then be implied that once a 'refugee' passes through a 'safe' country then (s)he is no longer a refugee but a migrant, and most likely a migrant for economic reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this rhetoric about taking in 'refugees' is completely misguided or a (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the facts IMO. If people wish to show their support for accommodating these people then that is of course their prerogative, but they should at least be clear that that they support accommodating 'economic migrants' as opposed to 'refugees' (although that would be far less sensationalist and may not suit their agenda).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 09:23 - Sep 14 with 1997 viewsstevec

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 00:26 - Sep 14 by ganjR

No, lets just be honest.
The problem is with Muslims. I can tell many on here have Muslim friends and families and are not at all influenced by the daily mail.
Just replace Muslims with pakis-blacks-Irish-Jews etc. depending on the era and we are there again.
Every debate ends up being fck the Muslims, on here. When did this site become so right wing?
We all have different opinions, and I respect that people's opinions vary from mine and I respect that, just had to say my piece.
Anyhow, good night.

To put your mind at rest, if anybody starts hacking heads off, flying planes into buildings or having sex with under age girls in the name of Christianity, we'll have a pop at them as well.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:08 - Sep 14 with 1971 views2Thomas2Bowles

Another thing that is being over looked by many is if Germany gives German/EU status to these people, refugee or migrant they will have the freedom to enter any other EU country, taking away any control for other countries.

ATM we have border control but not for long.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 10:10]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:55 - Sep 14 with 1939 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 09:23 - Sep 14 by stevec

To put your mind at rest, if anybody starts hacking heads off, flying planes into buildings or having sex with under age girls in the name of Christianity, we'll have a pop at them as well.

So a few represent the many then?
Also, show me evidence of them raping children in the name of Islam.
Do white pedophile gangs mean we are all nonces?
Is bombing the fck out of cities, towns, villages etc. in the name of Christianity better then? Killing kids is called collateral damage.
I liked the NF, they were c<nts, but they were honest about their racism, stood by their convictions, why don't you just admit that you think Muslims are terrorists?
Finally, many of the refugees escaping Syria are Kurds and not Muslims, but hey, they are all brown and arabi ay?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:02 - Sep 14 with 1928 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:55 - Sep 14 by ganjR

So a few represent the many then?
Also, show me evidence of them raping children in the name of Islam.
Do white pedophile gangs mean we are all nonces?
Is bombing the fck out of cities, towns, villages etc. in the name of Christianity better then? Killing kids is called collateral damage.
I liked the NF, they were c<nts, but they were honest about their racism, stood by their convictions, why don't you just admit that you think Muslims are terrorists?
Finally, many of the refugees escaping Syria are Kurds and not Muslims, but hey, they are all brown and arabi ay?

To quote you on your earlier post

"I respect that people's opinions vary from mine and I respect that"

Now you are calling people racist and members of NF
Hmmmmmm

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:11 - Sep 14 with 1910 viewsjohnhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:02 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hmmmmmm

I agree. If people are going to come on here and deliberately try and stir up sh-t it's probably about time this thread went the way of all the others.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:16 - Sep 14 with 1900 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:02 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hmmmmmm

Yes, because this:

Is racist in my book.
We are talking about the refugee crisis and as far as I know, none of the Syrian refugees (unless you have evidence) have done these things. Did a couple of 6 year old Kurdish boys take down the twin towers? Or are we generalising over colour of skin and religion (Kurds aren't Muslim, but hey).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:18 - Sep 14 with 1898 views2Thomas2Bowles

Which maybe what he intended

Better to leave it open and allow sensible debate to continue while warning those that wish to inflame will face a ban.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:24 - Sep 14 with 1888 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:18 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Which maybe what he intended

Better to leave it open and allow sensible debate to continue while warning those that wish to inflame will face a ban.

Can you explain to me how the comment I reacted to was 'sensible debate' please?
Also, I'm not a mod and can't threaten to ban anyone and the mods just delete the thread and we all carry on as normal until some can turn anything slightly political into an 'I'm no racist, but all Muslims are terrorists' again.
Login to get fewer ads

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:24 - Sep 14 with 1888 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:16 - Sep 14 by ganjR

Yes, because this:

Is racist in my book.
We are talking about the refugee crisis and as far as I know, none of the Syrian refugees (unless you have evidence) have done these things. Did a couple of 6 year old Kurdish boys take down the twin towers? Or are we generalising over colour of skin and religion (Kurds aren't Muslim, but hey).

Forgive me but his accuracy and yours, both fall well short

It's does not give you the right to call him a racist, ill-informed maybe.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:26 - Sep 14 with 1884 viewsjamois

We had The Crusades for that. And the Roman Catholic church. And the CIA. I'm sure that could list could go on.

I'm more surprised that nobody on here is having a pop at the good ol' USofA. Their foreign policies, and their funding and training of militia gone rogue over the years has created a crisis from which the EU is compelled to pick up the pieces.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:30 - Sep 14 with 1873 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:24 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Forgive me but his accuracy and yours, both fall well short

It's does not give you the right to call him a racist, ill-informed maybe.

What accuracy am I falling well short with?
My view of having racist views is to generalise a people or group, based on ethnicity.
Here we have a statement that puts refugees from Syria as the same as the 9/11 terrorists, pedophile gangs, ISIS etc.
I shouldn't be calling him a racist as I don't know him and I'm sorry for that, but if you are implying that I am wrong for believing that those comments were racist, then I'm sorry, I believe you to be wrong on that.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:33 - Sep 14 with 1864 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:30 - Sep 14 by ganjR

What accuracy am I falling well short with?
My view of having racist views is to generalise a people or group, based on ethnicity.
Here we have a statement that puts refugees from Syria as the same as the 9/11 terrorists, pedophile gangs, ISIS etc.
I shouldn't be calling him a racist as I don't know him and I'm sorry for that, but if you are implying that I am wrong for believing that those comments were racist, then I'm sorry, I believe you to be wrong on that.

You yourself are generalising but I doubt you see that.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:38 - Sep 14 with 1852 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:33 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You yourself are generalising but I doubt you see that.

No, I'm directly responding to a comment made.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:50 - Sep 14 with 1718 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:38 - Sep 14 by ganjR

No, I'm directly responding to a comment made.

While playing the race card

You say you are not aware of any of these people being involved in terrorism, ok
but then no checks have been made to know either way.

To simple ignore the possibility that some may have is plane stupidity

Syrians have been fighting each other on all sides, to believe all those coming are innocent of any involvement would again be stupidity.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 11:52]

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:55 - Sep 14 with 1700 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:50 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You say you are not aware of any of these people being involved in terrorism, ok

Syrians have been fighting each other on all sides, to believe all those coming are innocent of any involvement would again be stupidity.

Wow!
Ok, I can see you are on a wind up.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:57 - Sep 14 with 1696 viewsJuzzie

It seems no one is allowed to say anything about it for fear of being branding 'racist' (what has religion got to do with race? I'm white and could quite easily be a muslim or any other religion yet I could never be a different race).

Why is it always muslims mentioned? Maybe because they're they one (the extremists that is) causing most of the trouble? Certainly towards us.
We don't talk about other religious extremists around the world because they aren't affecting us.

Why were Chelsea, Millwall, West Ham, Leeds, Man Utd, etc football hooligans mentioned the most in the 70's & 80's?..... because they were causing most of the trouble.

But noooo, we must not say anything for fear of upsetting people.
I'm not a DM reader and yes, I do have Muslim friends and they hate what is going on on their name. They like Christmas, they exchange presents and have a tree. They also hate that (probably white) people in councils, for example, say that it should be called 'the festive season' and no trees or cards allowed because it might upset other faiths. My neighbours don't get upset, but no one asked them.

We are pandering too much and playing straight into the extremists hands. They must be loving it.
I kinda agree with Holloway. I'm not religious either and I see where he's coming from. When people say "we are a Christian country" I think it's as much about a way of life as well as religion.

Do I want to live like a Muslim? Not really. Am I "racist" or "religist" by saying that? No, of course not. I have every right to not live their way, or any other way I don't want, just in the same way they don't want to live like westerners. That's called being free, something the extremists don't want because they want utter control.
Except there's one key element here..... we live in a western country/continent so why should we all have to bend to their way and pander to them because anything else is seen as 'rrrrrrracist'.

Then you have people like Emma Thompson, Bob Geldof, Bono etc. who have no idea what it's like from the safe haven of their rich, secluded, overseas homes (I'm sure there's some irony in their somewhere). Stick them in east London for 6 months then see what they think.

Gaddaffi got it right "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe–without swords, without guns, without conquest–will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."

One of the strongest nations in the world has virtually no Muslim problems. Why? Because they don't let muslims in or let them settle or have thousand of mosques all over the country.

That country is Japan. People criticise Hungary and Poland for their stance but I don't hear anyone criticising Japan. Why is that?

Again, for the record so people don't start throwing cheap accusations around, I have no problem with immigration, no problem with other faiths etc but only if the infrastructure can cope (it currently can't) and those that come from abroad adopt the 'when in Rome' school of thought. Though I fear in 50 years the saying will then be "When in Mecca" because we are rolling over and letting them walk all over us because we've become too afraid to say anything for fear of reprisal.

Back to the refugee situation...... not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread but the family of that poor boy who drowned (along with his brother and mother) were NOT refugees, certainly not the current flow.
They had actually been in Turkey for 2 years and had been granted safe haven. It seems that maybe they were trying use the confusion and chaos of the current situation to get a passage to Germany or England. As I think said in the link above, refugees don't get to choose where they get safe haven to. Surely anywhere is better than where they've come from?
The desperation to get to Germany or the UK where they know everything is given to them cost that man his family's life, his life too essentially. One one hand I feel desperatetly sorry for him, well, more for his wife and two kids, but on another I don't.

He put his family at risk when there was no need to, and lost it all.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:57 - Sep 14 with 1694 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:50 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

To be fair, you seem the expert on stupidity.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:58 - Sep 14 with 1693 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:55 - Sep 14 by ganjR

Wow!
Ok, I can see you are on a wind up.

No, but clearly you are unable to debate beyond accusations of racism.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:01 - Sep 14 with 1677 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:57 - Sep 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be fair, you seem the expert on stupidity.

Pray tell by enlightening me with your intelligence.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:02 - Sep 14 with 1669 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:01 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Pray tell by enlightening me with your intelligence.

I've wasted enough breath here.

Scroll through and find it yourself.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:04 - Sep 14 with 1664 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:58 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No, but clearly you are unable to debate beyond accusations of racism.

I actually don't think you know what you are talking about anymore.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:05 - Sep 14 with 1662 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:02 - Sep 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I've wasted enough breath here.

Scroll through and find it yourself.

Whatever, bye then.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:06 - Sep 14 with 1655 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:04 - Sep 14 by ganjR

I actually don't think you know what you are talking about anymore.

And I can say the same about you.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:09 - Sep 14 with 1628 viewsganjR

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:06 - Sep 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And I can say the same about you.

Says the man who seriously asked if we had checked if the refugees had any planes....
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:11 - Sep 14 with 1621 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:09 - Sep 14 by ganjR

Says the man who seriously asked if we had checked if the refugees had any planes....

No I did not, but you carry on making it up as you go PMSL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024