Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant/Refugee crisis 11:04 - Sep 4 with 62704 viewsDeano19766

Just a thought on this subject which is all over the news saying we are a disgrace and should do more to help -

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Refugee - "A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". So when a person flees their country for those reasons they are a refugee (and that is of course a terrible thing to happen to anyone and is yet another sad fact about humanity as a species). However, it could (and should) then be implied that once a 'refugee' passes through a 'safe' country then (s)he is no longer a refugee but a migrant, and most likely a migrant for economic reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this rhetoric about taking in 'refugees' is completely misguided or a (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the facts IMO. If people wish to show their support for accommodating these people then that is of course their prerogative, but they should at least be clear that that they support accommodating 'economic migrants' as opposed to 'refugees' (although that would be far less sensationalist and may not suit their agenda).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 2487 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:13 - Sep 7 by Discodroids

Hopefully Bono and Emma thompson can come up with some nifty fackin tips on how to house thousands more people through the medium of dance on you tube from their holiday homes in Mustique.

Perhaps decorating picture frames with sea shells is an option.

Its those poor 1000 f uckers that have to go to scotland that i feel sorry for .

Well now my kkkkkkkkkkkkkkeyboarddddd isssssssss covered withhhhh coffffffee

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 2481 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some of the stuff on this thread has potential as material for Brass Eye...
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:27 - Sep 7 with 2463 viewsvblockranger

20k enough for the yogurt knitting, tank top wearing lefties ? Or do they need a few more days posturing on twitter and facebook to make them feel better?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 2443 viewsNorthernr

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:27 - Sep 7 by vblockranger

20k enough for the yogurt knitting, tank top wearing lefties ? Or do they need a few more days posturing on twitter and facebook to make them feel better?

If this thread is going to head off in this direction it will be locked. Contribute to the debate or don't contribute. It actually started quite well but it's been going downhill and is being artificially bumped up the board now.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 2439 viewsDiscodroids

I Was going to Critically dissect James Joyces ' Ulysses' Using Ancient Hurro-Urartian tongue, in my afternoon tea break from sending people back to prison for not paying their TV licence and mass murder , but reading this thread has provided infinite laughter in infinite combinations .Ive even showed to couple of my lads on bail...they cant wait to get back to their peter in ford open nick.. they think were all insane....hahahaha
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 17:40]

A Number One.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 2414 viewsSpiritofGregory

Why aren't world leaders not addressing the causes of the problem together? ISIS are laughing at us.

This will bring down the EU. Merkel and her New World Order friends have been bending the law to suit themselves. Orban should put them all on a fast train to Berlin. Merkel won't be able to keep the people out.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 2378 viewsWatford_Ranger

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:35 - Sep 7 by SpiritofGregory

Why aren't world leaders not addressing the causes of the problem together? ISIS are laughing at us.

This will bring down the EU. Merkel and her New World Order friends have been bending the law to suit themselves. Orban should put them all on a fast train to Berlin. Merkel won't be able to keep the people out.

Why would it bring down the EU?
Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 17:47 - Sep 7 with 2371 viewsHayesender

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:35 - Sep 7 by SpiritofGregory

The problem there is, the world leaders ARE the cause of the problem.

What their end game plan is anybodies guess, but you can be sure it will suit them and their rich friends, not us peasants

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 7 with 2355 viewsSnipper

There was a fella on Radio Five earlier today talking of all the stuff going on at the moment. He sounded very insightful and seemed to know what he was talking about.
On ISIS, he said they were being partly funded and supported by Israel.

Who's to say he's wrong?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:23 - Sep 7 with 2297 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 7 by Snipper

There was a fella on Radio Five earlier today talking of all the stuff going on at the moment. He sounded very insightful and seemed to know what he was talking about.

Who's to say he's wrong?

Burden of Proof. Otherwise anyone can go around saying anything without evidence.

This is where Religion, David Icke, and the Pub liars unravel.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 18:25]
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:39 - Sep 7 with 2253 viewsloftboy

A Controversial answer to our housing problem will be to build on the green belt, the largest estate in Europe is a place in thornaby near Middlesbrough called Ingleby Barwick,it's been well designed , thousands of houses, new schools and was a real eye opener to me when I recently visited.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 19:09 - Sep 7 with 2195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

This isn't the UN this is one man in the UN.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:15 - Sep 7 with 2178 viewsGloucs_R

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 7 by Snipper

Who's to say he's wrong?

Its all a mess and I'm not sure who has a hand in it.

The US - wanted to get rid of Assad plus a large war is good for weapons production and the US economy was flagging?
The Israelis - scared by the new found power of Iran?
Saudi - in their push for the world to become Sunni Muslims

There is no way a group like this could rise so quickly without someones help. I have read a lot on them and they are just too well organised, like they have been planning this for years.

I genuinely feel that the majority of people coming into Europe are innocent and victims, but I am convinced that there is a minority (albeit a large one) who are under instructions to destabilize and disrupt the west. Sadly, I predict some tough times ahead and more terrorist attack. Turning populations against immigrants and dividing them more so than now. Just look a this board. Already dividing this country..

A couple of other predictions (by me!)...

The UK will have a mainstream Islamic party within 25 years. Not extremist or full of hate, but they will want more Islamic law for the UK.
Within 100 years, 50% of Europe will be Muslim
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe

As right of central as I may be, I do welcome Syrian families to this country. Lets hope they grow up understanding that the west is tolerant, welcoming and inclusive.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 19:25 - Sep 7 with 2148 viewsjohnhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 19:09 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

This isn't the UN this is one man in the UN.

Yeah, one man who just happens to be the U.N.'s "Special Representative for Migration".
Thanks for posting this Clive, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. At least it leaves us in little doubt as to what the real agenda is here. "Non-executive chairman of Goldman Sachs" indeed. F--k knows what that bunch of financial gangsters are doing in a position of power to advise anyone.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:46 - Sep 7 with 3417 viewsHollowayRanger

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 13:34 - Sep 7 by kensalriser

Perhaps we could start by putting them in the empty properties (mostly new builds) bought by foreign investors and never occupied since the day they were finished.

fine by me that's a great idea

but whos going to pay for their food heating water medication schooling and everything else

reports today say 80,000 London children are in over crowded classrooms
and the nhs has no space left for mental illness cases

and yet Cameron wants to bring mainly women and children here and doctors say many of those coming here will need help for mental illness

personally I wish saddam gaddafi and assad had been left alone yes they were brutes who crushed their enemies but the vacuum left behind by them has been filled by isla who are destroying everything and everyone out there

[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 20:00]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:14 - Sep 7 with 3355 viewsSnipper

http://
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:19 - Sep 7 with 3341 views1BobbyHazell

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:14 - Sep 7 by Snipper

Throw in "...and we'll sell weapons to whoever the f*** wants to buy them", and you're pretty much there.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:37 - Sep 7 with 3306 viewsElHoop

The BBC adding an interesting angle to the whole debate - well done Peston:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34172729
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:58 - Sep 7 with 3269 viewsBedford_R

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:14 - Sep 7 by Snipper

Now ain't this the truth...

RMH_R Reborn

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 08:39 - Sep 8 with 3069 viewsDiscodroids

Most Disconcerting We Havent had a tweet for an hour From Stella Creasy labour mp from Waltham forest on either Multicultural refugee utopia within the borough, or her dance music/indie minerals . Still repairing my sides on her award winning best constituency tweeterof the year award on beat combo , coldplay

I think she taught frankie knuckles at the paradise garage everything he knows about bpm mixing.Moreover, i think she was the very Tesseract that spawned the Shoom Club and later Madchester . Is she emma thompsons younger sister?. the aggravation factor twixt these two is more annoying than leaving your washing out during a nuclear strike and its fall out on your Kelly Hoppen bed sheets.

I await in boho chic floating fabrics for her advice on the most effective way to turn my anderson shelter into a community hub for migrants serving sunflower tartare with tormented watermelon on a bed of awakened seaweed.

A Number One.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 09:52 - Sep 8 with 2995 viewsqprphil

Looking back on various posts a lot of people are having a go at the rich, and wealthy. That's ok but I don't class myself as rich, I am not. Originally from Alperton, then Wembley, now Kent. Brought up on a council estate in Brent, thrown out of school at 15, and going nowhere. I got a job, found I quite enjoyed it, got married, mortgage the works. The firm I worked for was doing ok, but I thought I could do it better in different ways. I decided to start my own business, re- mortgaged the house, massive gamble, could have lost everything, but I didn't. To start with many late nights, my company often short of money to begin with, often not paying myself. I have a reasonable private pension, and want for nothing, but I am not rich. Not everyone are rich bankers, or have daddies money, lots of us graft hard for it, we all have the same chance in life, its what you make of it. Being flooded by immigrants, ( I genuinely feel for them ) they will eventually imo bring this country to its knees. Where I lived in Brent we had no immigrants at all when I was young (am now 66 ) my mother passed away still living there at 95. There were I think 6 properties out of 100+ that were housing English people, all the rest from many different countries. There was regular trouble there, all doors had number entry only, people were frightened to go out, what a way to live. Most of these people never worked, why should I pay for these people, and why should you or I pay for the new influx, not all I know. Where will they be housed, Doctors, roads, schools, water, everything. Nicola Sturgeon shouts the loudest for Scotland, let them have 1 million.!!! We now have a London over spill come into our area, at present about 20 families of African origin, you can tell where they live, there gardens are all overgrown and unkempt, its just the way they live, but not the way where I live. Our town is now full of immigrants, none obviously not working, Poles, all sorts, the answer I don't know, we don't have the room, nothing in place for all this.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:45 - Sep 8 with 2944 viewsbatmanhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 13:12 - Sep 4 by bob566

We've upped it to 1800 now. Still not enough.

to be fair to Ireland they hardly have enough work for their own people, hence thousands of their youth have been forced to migrate themselves. Of course if you mean give them shelter and the life of old riley and get the EU to fund it then that's another matter
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:23 - Sep 8 with 2892 viewsrunningman75

Germany talking about taking in huge numbers of refugees now. I thought we would vote to stay in the EU but at current rate the No to EU campaign will not need to do much canvassing.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:44 - Sep 8 with 2862 viewsbob566

it's all getting a bit mad now. The Hungarian foreign affairs minister was on the radio this morning saying that they were going to start building walls to keep out the refugees.

Interesting that Poland have refused to take any.

Slovakia said they would only take Christian immigrants. No muslims allowed.

It seems nobody wants them apart from the Germans and that bbc article that somebody posted up a page back says that's only because they actually need them because of falling populations.

Heres the question though. Why don't rich arab nations open their borders. Where are Qatar, the Saudis, Iran and Bahrain etc.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:51 - Sep 8 with 2854 viewspaulparker

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 09:52 - Sep 8 by qprphil

Looking back on various posts a lot of people are having a go at the rich, and wealthy. That's ok but I don't class myself as rich, I am not. Originally from Alperton, then Wembley, now Kent. Brought up on a council estate in Brent, thrown out of school at 15, and going nowhere. I got a job, found I quite enjoyed it, got married, mortgage the works. The firm I worked for was doing ok, but I thought I could do it better in different ways. I decided to start my own business, re- mortgaged the house, massive gamble, could have lost everything, but I didn't. To start with many late nights, my company often short of money to begin with, often not paying myself. I have a reasonable private pension, and want for nothing, but I am not rich. Not everyone are rich bankers, or have daddies money, lots of us graft hard for it, we all have the same chance in life, its what you make of it. Being flooded by immigrants, ( I genuinely feel for them ) they will eventually imo bring this country to its knees. Where I lived in Brent we had no immigrants at all when I was young (am now 66 ) my mother passed away still living there at 95. There were I think 6 properties out of 100+ that were housing English people, all the rest from many different countries. There was regular trouble there, all doors had number entry only, people were frightened to go out, what a way to live. Most of these people never worked, why should I pay for these people, and why should you or I pay for the new influx, not all I know. Where will they be housed, Doctors, roads, schools, water, everything. Nicola Sturgeon shouts the loudest for Scotland, let them have 1 million.!!! We now have a London over spill come into our area, at present about 20 families of African origin, you can tell where they live, there gardens are all overgrown and unkempt, its just the way they live, but not the way where I live. Our town is now full of immigrants, none obviously not working, Poles, all sorts, the answer I don't know, we don't have the room, nothing in place for all this.

In the words of Dylan P , Stop it

your talking to much sense qprphil, give it a couple of posts and the usual suspects will be calling you a daily mail reader, a racist, out of touch old timer etc

for what its worth i totally agree with your post , i had a flat in Perivale up until 2000 and Alperton, West ealing, Wembley were already showing signs of massive decline
best thing i ever did was sell it and move to the country , i hate going back rouund that way now its the pits and only going to keep on declining

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024