Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth 09:59 - Sep 7 with 5260 viewsDaPs166

What does everyone think about this? Heard one news source comparing him to Jude Bellingham.

From what I’ve seen I’m wondering what drugs they’re on. But Williams may be playing him out of position? I’d like to see him more central to see how he does.
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 20:18 - Sep 8 with 1169 viewsKeithHaynes

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 19:26 - Sep 8 by max936

Its all stats and data its ruining us we haven't got the quality in the squad to run the team like that, it take's the individuality out of the players which stunts their performances, have team patterns and drills to use in games by all means, but let the f'ing players play.

Martin relaxed his approach towards the end of his last season here and we all so what happened. Robotic football will rarely work and certainly not at our level.

It’s how a lot of professional coaches are seeing it, prescribed, robotic football with an exact brief on how to build and pass. It’s the very essence of coaching ability out of players. It cannot go on, even after five games.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 07:51 - Sep 9 with 1016 viewsYrAlarch

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 20:18 - Sep 8 by KeithHaynes

It’s how a lot of professional coaches are seeing it, prescribed, robotic football with an exact brief on how to build and pass. It’s the very essence of coaching ability out of players. It cannot go on, even after five games.

I, probably naively, believed that the philosophy of coaching was to develop and improve both players individually and the team as a whole. To encourage players to make decisions on the pitch depending on what is facing them.
As you infer we are creating robots, unable to take individual responsibility, looking for instructions from the touchline.
Do we really need all those individuals on the touchline issuing instructions and possibly contradicting each other?
Swansea City are currently playing in a robotic manner. It was refreshing to see the manner in which Cymru played last Friday evening, a stark contrast to what we see at the Swansea.com at the present time.
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 08:55 - Sep 9 with 961 viewsKeithHaynes

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 07:51 - Sep 9 by YrAlarch

I, probably naively, believed that the philosophy of coaching was to develop and improve both players individually and the team as a whole. To encourage players to make decisions on the pitch depending on what is facing them.
As you infer we are creating robots, unable to take individual responsibility, looking for instructions from the touchline.
Do we really need all those individuals on the touchline issuing instructions and possibly contradicting each other?
Swansea City are currently playing in a robotic manner. It was refreshing to see the manner in which Cymru played last Friday evening, a stark contrast to what we see at the Swansea.com at the present time.

All I see is a plan ( pre match ) and a style of play which interferes with natural ability. That is evident when we see the Swans rebuild after a ponderous ‘attack’ The ball is recycled very precisely leading to players slowing down and thinking too much about their roles at that point. The safe ball is always looked for which players like Grimes are then missing some very good through ball opportunities (and others) against Wycombe a prime example. There wasn’t one through ball.

Of course the coaching staff need to be on the sidelines because coaching isn’t all they do from the benches. There’s a multitude of roles. The Luke Williams style of play is nowhere near to what he introduced at Notts County, he is introducing a style which seems as foreign to him as it is the players he wants to play that way.

When the shackles are off this will work excellently, but we rarely see it.

I suppose we just have to hope he is seeing it as well.

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 09:15 - Sep 9 with 930 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 20:18 - Sep 8 by KeithHaynes

Agree with you Guv
I’m always pessimistic,basically as a defence mechanism,but I suggest we could really be in deep doodoo this season.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 18:55 - Sep 9 with 723 viewsSullutaCreturned

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 09:15 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

Agree with you Guv
I’m always pessimistic,basically as a defence mechanism,but I suggest we could really be in deep doodoo this season.

If LW doesn't change then we ARE in deep doo doo.
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 19:31 - Sep 9 with 689 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 18:55 - Sep 9 by SullutaCreturned

If LW doesn't change then we ARE in deep doo doo.

Then it will be about changing him.
It’s a matter of time for me
We really cannot afford to go down

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 15:20 - Sep 10 with 575 viewsReslovenSwan1

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 19:31 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

Then it will be about changing him.
It’s a matter of time for me
We really cannot afford to go down

I assume all the new signings are settling down at the club. They will all improve. These are players with pedigree. If Williams does not improve them and produce energetic performance questions must be asked.

Swansea s version of England's finest (Abdullai) is not impressing the locals and that is down to Williams. How can this be. Remember this is a club that snubbed Gyorkeres and Whittaker on the holy grail of a suspect playing system.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 07:08 - Sep 14 with 356 viewssons_of_omri

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 07:51 - Sep 9 by YrAlarch

I think we missed a trick with Bellamy - that’s exactly what we want to see here - the ability to turn defence into attack quickly.

When we play so slowly it takes all the heat out of any attack - giving our fast wide players no chance of getting in behind and hurting the opposition.

Perhaps Luke has been conditioned into this blindly trying the same thing because the notebooks say it works when everyone else sees the total opposite.

This could be the making of him as a manager - tell them to keep a solid defensive shape but encourage the midfield to try the occasional over the top ball and risky pass - if they don’t come off defend, win the ball back and try again.

We have players that should be sitting far higher in the table he just needs to take the handcuffs off them. Maybe Grimes will force me to eat my words when the true version of himself starts dominating games.

Question is - will Luke be brave enough to try it? If we try it and lose but there are signs it will work he should. We are a patient fan base and if we can see light at the end of the tunnel we will support him.
[Post edited 14 Sep 7:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 09:25 - Sep 14 with 297 viewsFireboy2

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 07:08 - Sep 14 by sons_of_omri

I think we missed a trick with Bellamy - that’s exactly what we want to see here - the ability to turn defence into attack quickly.

When we play so slowly it takes all the heat out of any attack - giving our fast wide players no chance of getting in behind and hurting the opposition.

Perhaps Luke has been conditioned into this blindly trying the same thing because the notebooks say it works when everyone else sees the total opposite.

This could be the making of him as a manager - tell them to keep a solid defensive shape but encourage the midfield to try the occasional over the top ball and risky pass - if they don’t come off defend, win the ball back and try again.

We have players that should be sitting far higher in the table he just needs to take the handcuffs off them. Maybe Grimes will force me to eat my words when the true version of himself starts dominating games.

Question is - will Luke be brave enough to try it? If we try it and lose but there are signs it will work he should. We are a patient fan base and if we can see light at the end of the tunnel we will support him.

For me this is the best way to play football, the tippy tappy, keep the ball for keeping it sake should be confined to the PL, most clubs in the other leagues do not have the players to play that sort of game.
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 10:14 - Sep 14 with 244 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 15:20 - Sep 10 by ReslovenSwan1

I assume all the new signings are settling down at the club. They will all improve. These are players with pedigree. If Williams does not improve them and produce energetic performance questions must be asked.

Swansea s version of England's finest (Abdullai) is not impressing the locals and that is down to Williams. How can this be. Remember this is a club that snubbed Gyorkeres and Whittaker on the holy grail of a suspect playing system.

Again,I see things as you do.
I believe Williams is a very poor excuse for a coach from what we ve seen so far .
Hopefully,he proves me wrong but as we are ,it’s madness .
And yeah, I know I annoyed many by my going on about Whittaker and how he was managed .
Man management doesn’t always come easy to all. It’s an art form in many cases .

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 12:00 - Sep 14 with 225 viewsRichardO

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 07:08 - Sep 14 by sons_of_omri

How can we be defensively solid if even though we are playing with so called wingers out wide, we still have our fullbacks playing as wingbacks, the only response to that is part of our midfield dropping to deep, there is a time for the full backs to join the attack but with two players out wide they need to be in better defensive positions initially which would allow the midfield to push on.
By having the fullback more aware of the opposition winger who are now being used as successful out balls we can reduce their effectiveness for a counter attacks. There are other issues but it does seem as if William's is trying to play possession football that leaves us exposed at the back, Martin did it quite well also.
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 14:00 - Sep 14 with 179 viewssons_of_omri

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 12:00 - Sep 14 by RichardO

How can we be defensively solid if even though we are playing with so called wingers out wide, we still have our fullbacks playing as wingbacks, the only response to that is part of our midfield dropping to deep, there is a time for the full backs to join the attack but with two players out wide they need to be in better defensive positions initially which would allow the midfield to push on.
By having the fullback more aware of the opposition winger who are now being used as successful out balls we can reduce their effectiveness for a counter attacks. There are other issues but it does seem as if William's is trying to play possession football that leaves us exposed at the back, Martin did it quite well also.

I think we should keep our back four intact and instead get quick ball to the wings from CM . The reason why our full backs end up next to our wingers half the time is that the move broke down and the wingers have nowhere to go and no one to pass to.
Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 14:04 - Sep 14 with 174 viewsKeithHaynes

Abdulai linked with West Ham and Bournemouth on 14:00 - Sep 14 by sons_of_omri

I think we should keep our back four intact and instead get quick ball to the wings from CM . The reason why our full backs end up next to our wingers half the time is that the move broke down and the wingers have nowhere to go and no one to pass to.

Quick and Centre Midfield is the problem.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024