Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bibby Stockholm. 19:05 - Jul 23 with 2029 viewsFlashberryjack

The Bibby Stockholm barge is to close, Rwanda plan abandoned, 20 boats arrived this week, we better get building, and fast.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:15 - Jul 23 with 1222 viewsbuilthjack

Rwanda has cost around 700 million so far, will likely be a billion by the time the compo is paid.
Nobody has gone there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:31 - Jul 23 with 1209 viewsFlashberryjack

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:15 - Jul 23 by builthjack

Rwanda has cost around 700 million so far, will likely be a billion by the time the compo is paid.
Nobody has gone there.

And the Bibby Stockholm ?

Hello

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:39 - Jul 23 with 1193 viewsReslovenSwan1

Technically the contract to rent it has expired and it will not be renewed, The people have apparently spoken and want immigrants to be housed (pending assessment of eligibility) more comfortably.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:46 - Jul 23 with 1183 viewsraynor94

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:39 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Technically the contract to rent it has expired and it will not be renewed, The people have apparently spoken and want immigrants to be housed (pending assessment of eligibility) more comfortably.

You don't get many up the Valley then

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:53 - Jul 23 with 1172 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:46 - Jul 23 by raynor94

You don't get many up the Valley then

Activists would not allow refugee applicants this far up the valley due to a lack of facilities presumably. .

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:54 - Jul 23 with 1163 viewsunion_jack

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:53 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Activists would not allow refugee applicants this far up the valley due to a lack of facilities presumably. .

They’d probably feel more at home though!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bibby Stockholm. on 20:02 - Jul 23 with 1156 viewsFlashberryjack

I would have thought the Bibby Stockholm would be far more comfortable than a shabby makeshift tent in France.

Hello

Bibby Stockholm. on 20:55 - Jul 23 with 1115 viewsBoundy

No one asked me ,you ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Bibby Stockholm. on 08:59 - Jul 24 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

Bibby Stockholm. on 20:55 - Jul 23 by Boundy

No one asked me ,you ?

I read much about indigenous British people not being able to afford housing.
Seems if they go away and return on a dinghy ,present themselves to the authorities as immigrants,then they will be housed ,FREE.
Odd really.

I don’t want illegal immigrants housed

That simple

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bibby Stockholm. on 09:41 - Jul 24 with 976 viewscontroversial_jack

Bibby Stockholm. on 20:02 - Jul 23 by Flashberryjack

I would have thought the Bibby Stockholm would be far more comfortable than a shabby makeshift tent in France.

Apparently not!
Bibby Stockholm. on 09:53 - Jul 24 with 974 viewsraynor94

Bibby Stockholm. on 08:59 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

Seems if they go away and return on a dinghy ,present themselves to the authorities as immigrants,then they will be housed ,FREE.
Odd really.

That simple

Certainly not Hotels at our expense

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bibby Stockholm. on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 957 viewscontroversial_jack

Odd really.

That simple

They are not housed unless they become legal. They are sheltered yes, which is what any modern country would do
Bibby Stockholm. on 10:53 - Jul 24 with 950 viewsAnotherJohn

I am confused about where what I will term "progressives" think undocumented migrants could be accommodated. Accommodation barges that were good enough for oil workers and military camps that housed service personnel are deemed unsatisfactory for single men, but where are the houses/flats that will fill the gap and who will pay to rent or buy them? When asylum seekers gain refugee status many will just shift from Home Office funded hotels to accommodation funded by local councils (some LA sources say the same hotels in many cases). Even migrants in work will probably need in-work benefits to pay for accommodation. Given that we already have a housing crisis, and given the likely influx over the summer, house building won't be an immediate solution. Farage claims we are now receiving a migrant a minute and need to build a house every two minutes just to stand still. I don't know if his figures are right but the broad logic seems hard to deny. So getting rid of the barge raises questions about the alternatives.
Bibby Stockholm. on 11:56 - Jul 24 with 939 viewsBoundy

Odd really.

That simple

Regarding your last but one sentence, I think you'll find very few do but what do we know.The current crisis in the ROI bears statement to that, with the indigenous population becoming extremely vociferous in their protests.

Bibby Stockholm. on 18:03 - Jul 25 with 827 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:15 - Jul 23 by builthjack

Nobody has gone there.

It has been yet anther in a long line of tory feck ups. A knee jerk attempt to win people over which cost the tax payer dearly but none of those responsible need to worry, their money is safe.
Bibby Stockholm. on 18:25 - Jul 25 with 815 viewsBoundy

Bibby Stockholm. on 10:53 - Jul 24 by AnotherJohn

I am confused about where what I will term "progressives" think undocumented migrants could be accommodated. Accommodation barges that were good enough for oil workers and military camps that housed service personnel are deemed unsatisfactory for single men, but where are the houses/flats that will fill the gap and who will pay to rent or buy them? When asylum seekers gain refugee status many will just shift from Home Office funded hotels to accommodation funded by local councils (some LA sources say the same hotels in many cases). Even migrants in work will probably need in-work benefits to pay for accommodation. Given that we already have a housing crisis, and given the likely influx over the summer, house building won't be an immediate solution. Farage claims we are now receiving a migrant a minute and need to build a house every two minutes just to stand still. I don't know if his figures are right but the broad logic seems hard to deny. So getting rid of the barge raises questions about the alternatives.

Penally army camp was good enough for me and that was before it was modernised and yet not good enough for some entitled money grabbing no mark who thinks the world especially the UK taxpayer owes him something , it sickens me knowing the priorities of some UK citizens is towards these illegals rather than their own. Now sue me.

Bibby Stockholm. on 22:36 - Jul 25 with 751 viewsLuther27

Bibby Stockholm. on 18:25 - Jul 25 by Boundy

Penally army camp was good enough for me and that was before it was modernised and yet not good enough for some entitled money grabbing no mark who thinks the world especially the UK taxpayer owes him something , it sickens me knowing the priorities of some UK citizens is towards these illegals rather than their own. Now sue me.

It’s not going to get any better the more you pander to the protesters who demonstrate illegal immigrants should be treated as refugees to our country when those immigrants fail to absorbs or adhere to British culture.
Why should I, as a British citizen be constantly be bombarded that I should adapt to them without a thought to my beliefs, my religion and more importantly my adherence to the rule of governance and law and order not just in Wales, but the UK as a whole.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Bibby Stockholm. on 02:16 - Jul 26 with 721 viewsAnotherJohn

Bibby Stockholm. on 18:03 - Jul 25 by SullutaCreturned

It has been yet anther in a long line of tory feck ups. A knee jerk attempt to win people over which cost the tax payer dearly but none of those responsible need to worry, their money is safe.

Rwanda was not ideal, but there were some signs of a deterrent effect (see: RoI) and off-shore processing seems to me a solution several EU countries will turn to. One thing that few seem to understand is that the Rwanda deal was partly development aid. Despite all the noise about the drawbacks of that country, it has emerged as a major hub for processing asylum seekers and refugees in Africa. As I mentioned on the forum when I quoted the UNHCR country report a while ago, UNHCR has a major input into refugee support and itself facilitates transfers there of persons needing social protection.

Now we learn that Sir Keir has agreed £84 million in aid for Africa to help stop immigration at source. Well, it could be argued that Rwanda is one of the most effective recipient countries if you want to keep refugees in Africa. It is one of the very few African countries with basic universal healthcare and a well-developed refugee processing infrastructure. Perhaps we paid out more than we should, but it was not all wasted, and the development aid continues in another guise.
Bibby Stockholm. on 09:47 - Jul 26 with 679 viewscontroversial_jack

Bibby Stockholm. on 02:16 - Jul 26 by AnotherJohn

Rwanda was not ideal, but there were some signs of a deterrent effect (see: RoI) and off-shore processing seems to me a solution several EU countries will turn to. One thing that few seem to understand is that the Rwanda deal was partly development aid. Despite all the noise about the drawbacks of that country, it has emerged as a major hub for processing asylum seekers and refugees in Africa. As I mentioned on the forum when I quoted the UNHCR country report a while ago, UNHCR has a major input into refugee support and itself facilitates transfers there of persons needing social protection.

Now we learn that Sir Keir has agreed £84 million in aid for Africa to help stop immigration at source. Well, it could be argued that Rwanda is one of the most effective recipient countries if you want to keep refugees in Africa. It is one of the very few African countries with basic universal healthcare and a well-developed refugee processing infrastructure. Perhaps we paid out more than we should, but it was not all wasted, and the development aid continues in another guise.

The govt has started flying refugees back to their counties of origin. 46 went recently- i forget where, but that's 46 more than went to Rwanda and at a fraction of the cost too, money they saved by scrapping the Rwanda scheme
Bibby Stockholm. on 11:37 - Jul 26 with 665 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Bibby Stockholm. on 11:48 - Jul 26 with 649 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Bibby Stockholm. on 11:37 - Jul 26 by Wingstandwood

“Speed up asylum processing” is labour speak for let them all in no questions asked.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Bibby Stockholm. on 12:40 - Jul 26 with 637 viewsWingstandwood

Bibby Stockholm. on 11:48 - Jul 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

“Speed up asylum processing” is labour speak for let them all in no questions asked.

It's all a game where they think the general public are thick!

Argus!

Bibby Stockholm. on 12:54 - Jul 26 with 629 viewstrampie

Bibby Stockholm. on 19:53 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I heard that they were going to build a young offenders prison where the colliery was Glynneath/Cwmgwrach but they didn't because they let some of them out on a weekend and they were concerned for the prisoners safety.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bibby Stockholm. on 13:17 - Jul 26 with 615 viewsGwyn737

Bibby Stockholm. on 10:53 - Jul 24 by AnotherJohn

I don’t think not renewing of the Bibby Stockholm is down to conditions, more than the end of a very expensive contract used to show how ‘tough’ the tories were being.
Bibby Stockholm. on 13:23 - Jul 26 with 614 viewsReslovenSwan1

UK has a welfare state. It is a huge draw for predominantly Muslim people coming from failed or unsuccessful states

Easy migration means the welfare state is put under pressure. Illegal immigrants cannot be given a free pass to these benefits unconditionally. It must be earned by doing the jobs seen as unpopular in the UK such as agriculture.

A three or five year period.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024