Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tourists go home . 09:29 - Jul 23 with 2950 viewsonehunglow

Well,should we.
Should we leave them alone to get on with their lives without our money .
They could then afford the housing they can’t now.
Yeah,stay at home .
Yeah baby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tourists go home . on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 547 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 17:26 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

By and large Parisians are arsewioes.
Rest of France is fine
Great people really
Try engaging them with rugby talk .
South west is best ,try the Lot and Garonne,even base yourself in Toulouse or Carcassonne

Only ever travelled through and only stayed overnight once in Colmar so really cant comment on how friendly or not the French are but I am off to the Normandy area in September and by all accounts the locals are very friendly ( and in some cases grateful) for what happened there 80 years ago so looking forward to it.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tourists go home . on 06:56 - Jul 29 with 473 viewstrampie

Tourists go home . on 20:21 - Jul 28 by Boundy

Only ever travelled through and only stayed overnight once in Colmar so really cant comment on how friendly or not the French are but I am off to the Normandy area in September and by all accounts the locals are very friendly ( and in some cases grateful) for what happened there 80 years ago so looking forward to it.

I've only travelled through Caen and wondered what the feeling towards the British is like there ?
We hear the feeling towards the British for helping to liberate people in Northern France is positive but I've often wondered about Caen itself, our bombers flattened it killing thousands of locals and apparently for little gain so I wonder what they think there.
[Post edited 29 Jul 8:58]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tourists go home . on 07:28 - Jul 29 with 453 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 20:21 - Jul 28 by Boundy

Normandy is not small
If going via Cherbourg ,St Mere d Eglise and Utah beach are worth a detour
I envy you Sir

Tourists go home . on 09:12 - Jul 29 with 410 viewstrampie

I haven't heard the William the Conqueror story before, the French hid in the Abbey in Caen because they were convinced the English would not bomb it as William the Conqueror is buried there and if they did the English crown would fall, apparently it's not a thing with the English but the French still believe it to be the case.
Many historians think what we did to Caen was unnecessary and a war crime, we are always told the French are grateful for the liberation which I don't doubt for a second, but if I was a Caen resident and had family killed by the systematic flattening of the city I'm sure I would be asking myself was it necessary.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Tourists go home . on 09:26 - Jul 29 with 392 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 09:12 - Jul 29 by trampie

I haven't heard the William the Conqueror story before, the French hid in the Abbey in Caen because they were convinced the English would not bomb it as William the Conqueror is buried there and if they did the English crown would fall, apparently it's not a thing with the English but the French still believe it to be the case.
Many historians think what we did to Caen was unnecessary and a war crime, we are always told the French are grateful for the liberation which I don't doubt for a second, but if I was a Caen resident and had family killed by the systematic flattening of the city I'm sure I would be asking myself was it necessary.

Maybe you should be more vociferous against the Germans for starting the whole thing .If the dwarf ( what is it with midgets that they want to conquer other nations) hadn't wanted world domination perhaps the destruction of Caen wouldn't have occurred. The Germans stubbornly , even after the beach invasion, shored up its defence in the midst of civilians still living there.( todays version of Hamas)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tourists go home . on 09:33 - Jul 29 with 377 viewstrampie

Tourists go home . on 09:26 - Jul 29 by Boundy

Maybe you should be more vociferous against the Germans for starting the whole thing .If the dwarf ( what is it with midgets that they want to conquer other nations) hadn't wanted world domination perhaps the destruction of Caen wouldn't have occurred. The Germans stubbornly , even after the beach invasion, shored up its defence in the midst of civilians still living there.( todays version of Hamas)

We didn't have to flatten an allied city like that, the British conduct in the war was excellent but that along with the fire bombings and the sinking of the French fleet was amongst our low points, I can understand the fire bombings of German cities and the sinking of the French fleet but not what we did to Caen, strategic bombing ok but not flattening an allied city full of civilians.

Tourists go home . on 09:36 - Jul 29 with 367 viewscontroversial_jack

Tourists go home . on 09:33 - Jul 29 by trampie

We didn't have to flatten an allied city like that, the British conduct in the war was excellent but that along with the fire bombings and the sinking of the French fleet was amongst our low points, I can understand the fire bombings of German cities and the sinking of the French fleet but not what we did to Caen, strategic bombing ok but not flattening an allied city full of civilians.

Our troops weren't making much headway. German resistance was great and we couldn't shift them. Not sure we had much choice.
Tourists go home . on 09:56 - Jul 29 with 340 viewstrampie

Tourists go home . on 09:36 - Jul 29 by controversial_jack

Our troops weren't making much headway. German resistance was great and we couldn't shift them. Not sure we had much choice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Normandy#:~:text=The%20first%20two%20

The last paragraph is interesting particularly the last sentence, which is something I pondered when travelling through Caen.

Login to get fewer ads

Tourists go home . on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 283 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 09:26 - Jul 29 by Boundy

Is he blaming England?

Tourists go home . on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 243 views1983

Tourists go home . on 22:20 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

The attitude in Spain isn’t just about tourism, housing etc. And Major R is perfectly correct.

They see the big beer bellies wobbling about the costa del sol, drunk, shirts off (that’s against the law and it’s firmly enforced in my province) fighting, spewing up and generally being a disgrace and immediately go anti British ( very few where I live know the difference between Wales and England) for example that isn’t known.

But then again and thankfully the English who behave like that aren’t in this region. There’s nothing here for them in the form of cheap lager and kebab shops on the beach. There are no pubs like Wetherspoons, they would never get planning permission.

And long may that continue.

My local beach, ten minutes away. Idiot free.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I work with the public everyday especially tourists in the summer and find the Spanish even more so Spanish youngsters (students) by far the nicest country folk. I always find them very very polite and courteous. Italians not so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024