Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tourists go home . 09:29 - Jul 23 with 2951 viewsonehunglow

Well,should we.
Should we leave them alone to get on with their lives without our money .
They could then afford the housing they can’t now.
Yeah,stay at home .
Yeah baby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tourists go home . on 10:56 - Jul 25 with 819 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 10:47 - Jul 25 by Boundy

It's not exclusive ,it's quite noticeable in Swansea that a lot ( as did in the late 80s) have moved this way ,for a number of reasons of which I can't blame them .

We're currently staying on the east side of Mallorca, with the odd foray outside the complex all I've found is in the main smiles and helpfulness from the locals , a trip into Parma yesterday and no signs of protests anywhere .We've always loved Spain and intend another break in October .We did have a holiday a couple of years ago to Kos where I found a noticeable difference in the infrastructure between there and Spain due to the financial differences.Home tomorrow flying back onto Cardiff so that'll please a few .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tourists go home . on 13:03 - Jul 25 with 775 viewsmajorraglan

Tourists go home . on 10:56 - Jul 25 by Boundy

We're currently staying on the east side of Mallorca, with the odd foray outside the complex all I've found is in the main smiles and helpfulness from the locals , a trip into Parma yesterday and no signs of protests anywhere .We've always loved Spain and intend another break in October .We did have a holiday a couple of years ago to Kos where I found a noticeable difference in the infrastructure between there and Spain due to the financial differences.Home tomorrow flying back onto Cardiff so that'll please a few .

I was in Can Picafort last week and had a really nice time. As you say the locals were really friendly and helpful and the prices were in the main very reasonable. I’d defo go back there. It was quieter than I thought it would be though, some of the restaurants and bars were empty and out of use which surprised me.
Tourists go home . on 13:23 - Jul 25 with 754 viewsFireboy2

Just watch the ibiza narcos series, a few of the locals explain why they want tourists and I mean the British lager lout tourists out and I don't blame them, everyone on here who has posted a story about their travels respect the place and the people where they holiday but not all brits do.
Tourists go home . on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 749 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 13:03 - Jul 25 by majorraglan

I was in Can Picafort last week and had a really nice time. As you say the locals were really friendly and helpful and the prices were in the main very reasonable. I’d defo go back there. It was quieter than I thought it would be though, some of the restaurants and bars were empty and out of use which surprised me.

Good for you.
I’ve never found Spaniards particularly friendly.
Spent many holidays in France and for me,in rural France,they make superb company. Go south west and they love rugby too.
Very engaging people

Italians are ok as are Portuguese

Tourists go home . on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 737 viewstrampie

Tourists go home . on 22:41 - Jul 24 by builthjack

Most youngsters can’t buy a house in my area as they are too expensive. Caused by older English folk moving in from southern England. I can’t blame the English oldies as they get to live in a lovely area. But do feel sorry for youngsters having to pay stupid rent prices with no chance of ever owning unless they are given or left money, or win the football pools.

The area I live in West Wales has lots of old English retirees living here.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tourists go home . on 14:12 - Jul 25 with 712 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 13:29 - Jul 25 by trampie

The area I live in West Wales has lots of old English retirees living here.

I bet they try and do integrate into the community.

Tourists go home . on 14:16 - Jul 25 with 690 viewstrampie

Tourists go home . on 14:12 - Jul 25 by Boundy

In lots of cases from what I can see yes they do.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Tourists go home . on 17:24 - Jul 25 with 644 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tourists go home . on 14:12 - Jul 25 by Boundy

I don't have any objection to those making their home anywhere in Wales, or those who move from other countries to yet other countries, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think it's second homes and rentals that's the problem. Wales needs tourists, Spain makes a fortune out of tourism so trying to stop it is a double edged sword.
Login to get fewer ads

Tourists go home . on 17:32 - Jul 25 with 623 viewsraynor94

Tourists go home . on 17:24 - Jul 25 by SullutaCreturned

I don't have any objection to those making their home anywhere in Wales, or those who move from other countries to yet other countries, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think it's second homes and rentals that's the problem. Wales needs tourists, Spain makes a fortune out of tourism so trying to stop it is a double edged sword.

Hmo's are ruining areas of Swansea, you have no idea who are renting these rooms.

Mount Pleasant has gone downhill in recent years due to these properties, lots of different people frequenting these properties who take no pride in the area they live in at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tourists go home . on 17:40 - Jul 25 with 612 viewscontroversial_jack

Tourists go home . on 13:29 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Good for you.
Spent many holidays in France and for me,in rural France,they make superb company. Go south west and they love rugby too.
Very engaging people

I don't like Italians, especially the tourists in other parts of Europe. Portuguese are nice those
Tourists go home . on 17:47 - Jul 25 with 614 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tourists go home . on 17:32 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Hmo's are ruining areas of Swansea, you have no idea who are renting these rooms.

Mount Pleasant has gone downhill in recent years due to these properties, lots of different people frequenting these properties who take no pride in the area they live in at all

Brynmill was ruined by HMO's and now the students don't want to live there the counil puts all sortd of undesirables into those HMO's and the area is an even bigger pigsty.
Tourists go home . on 18:00 - Jul 25 with 571 viewstrampie

Tourists go home . on 13:29 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Good for you.
Very engaging people

Lots of people think that the French don't like the English/British .

Tourists go home . on 18:06 - Jul 25 with 577 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tourists go home . on 18:00 - Jul 25 by trampie

Lots of people think that the French don't like the English/British .

Its the English mainly, When you point out you aren't English most of them are ok. But even then go further south and they get nicer.

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/al-murray-why-does-everyone-hate-the-english/art
Tourists go home . on 18:11 - Jul 25 with 568 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 18:06 - Jul 25 by SullutaCreturned

Its the English mainly, When you point out you aren't English most of them are ok. But even then go further south and they get nicer.

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/al-murray-why-does-everyone-hate-the-english/art

I’m surrounded by them.married one kids English as are grandkids
They are ok.
The biggest xxxxts I’ve come across in my life were from Neath,Port Talbot and the Valleys and plenty in Swansea too
Now,no offence meant,as it’s just as has happened in my life .

Tourists go home . on 18:28 - Jul 25 with 539 viewstrampie

Oh I see it's mainly the English they don't like.

Tourists go home . on 18:31 - Jul 25 with 546 viewsraynor94

Tourists go home . on 17:47 - Jul 25 by SullutaCreturned

Brynmill was ruined by HMO's and now the students don't want to live there the counil puts all sortd of undesirables into those HMO's and the area is an even bigger pigsty.

The council have built all these student tower blocks around the City, which is turning areas in ghettos, you have no idea whose living in these properties

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tourists go home . on 18:35 - Jul 25 with 544 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 18:31 - Jul 25 by raynor94

The council have built all these student tower blocks around the City, which is turning areas in ghettos, you have no idea whose living in these properties

I thought they were purely for students although looking at the saturation of these complexes probably the landlords couldn't give a flying figure who lives in them .

Tourists go home . on 22:10 - Jul 25 with 490 viewsmajorraglan

I have personal experience of this. I was on a family holiday in France a few years ago when we ended up in a big craft and food market doing our shopping. We were approached by a couple of old French guys who were running a stall promoting something or other and they asked us something which I couldn’t understand. I politely replied in French that I didn’t speak the language and that I didn’t understand what they’d said. They looked at each other, one uttered the word “l’anglais’ they shrugged their shoulders, gave us a dirty look and started to turn away.
In my very poor pre O level French I told them we weren’t English and that we were Welsh.
Their attitude immediately changed, we were hugged, kissed on the cheeks and it was as though we were long lost dear friends.
Tourists go home . on 22:20 - Jul 25 with 484 viewsKeithHaynes

Tourists go home . on 22:10 - Jul 25 by majorraglan

I have personal experience of this. I was on a family holiday in France a few years ago when we ended up in a big craft and food market doing our shopping. We were approached by a couple of old French guys who were running a stall promoting something or other and they asked us something which I couldn’t understand. I politely replied in French that I didn’t speak the language and that I didn’t understand what they’d said. They looked at each other, one uttered the word “l’anglais’ they shrugged their shoulders, gave us a dirty look and started to turn away.
In my very poor pre O level French I told them we weren’t English and that we were Welsh.
Their attitude immediately changed, we were hugged, kissed on the cheeks and it was as though we were long lost dear friends.

The attitude in Spain isn’t just about tourism, housing etc. And Major R is perfectly correct.

They see the big beer bellies wobbling about the costa del sol, drunk, shirts off (that’s against the law and it’s firmly enforced in my province) fighting, spewing up and generally being a disgrace and immediately go anti British ( very few where I live know the difference between Wales and England) for example that isn’t known.

But then again and thankfully the English who behave like that aren’t in this region. There’s nothing here for them in the form of cheap lager and kebab shops on the beach. There are no pubs like Wetherspoons, they would never get planning permission.

And long may that continue.

My local beach, ten minutes away. Idiot free.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Tourists go home . on 22:26 - Jul 25 with 465 viewsonehunglow

3 yrs ago we were desperately lost in the Lot looking for our bnb
I went into a bar that was open and one chap came out and got into our car to show us exactly where we should be
Left his mobile no and rang next day inviting us to lunch at his house

You remember that

Great people

Vive le France

Tourists go home . on 22:27 - Jul 25 with 465 viewsmajorraglan

Tourists go home . on 22:20 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

The attitude in Spain isn’t just about tourism, housing etc. And Major R is perfectly correct.

They see the big beer bellies wobbling about the costa del sol, drunk, shirts off (that’s against the law and it’s firmly enforced in my province) fighting, spewing up and generally being a disgrace and immediately go anti British ( very few where I live know the difference between Wales and England) for example that isn’t known.

But then again and thankfully the English who behave like that aren’t in this region. There’s nothing here for them in the form of cheap lager and kebab shops on the beach. There are no pubs like Wetherspoons, they would never get planning permission.

Just tell them you’re from the land of Gareth Bale, that should be enough! 😂😂😂
Tourists go home . on 22:49 - Jul 25 with 441 viewstrampie

My personal experience of the French is unfortunately I found them to be absolutely horrible people.

Tourists go home . on 07:35 - Jul 26 with 389 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 22:20 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

Cheap flights coming to Jerez next year
More tourists

Tourists go home . on 13:57 - Jul 28 with 294 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tourists go home . on 22:10 - Jul 25 by majorraglan

I had a similar experience just outside Paris at an outdoor food market, I asked for help in my GCSE French and when I asked if she spoke English she gave me a hand signal and walked away, others behaved in a similar manner and wouldn't listen to me trying to say "Je suis au Pays De Galles"

But as we travelled firther South the natives became very much friendlier. Nice, Cannes and Mnaco were outstanding.
Tourists go home . on 17:26 - Jul 28 with 259 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 13:57 - Jul 28 by SullutaCreturned

I had a similar experience just outside Paris at an outdoor food market, I asked for help in my GCSE French and when I asked if she spoke English she gave me a hand signal and walked away, others behaved in a similar manner and wouldn't listen to me trying to say "Je suis au Pays De Galles"

But as we travelled firther South the natives became very much friendlier. Nice, Cannes and Mnaco were outstanding.

By and large Parisians are arsewioes.
Rest of France is fine
Great people really
Try engaging them with rugby talk .
South west is best ,try the Lot and Garonne,even base yourself in Toulouse or Carcassonne

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024