Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring back cash 08:33 - Jul 20 with 2170 viewsbuilthjack

After yesterday maybe people will realise that we can’t get rid of cash.
I was in Brecon yesterday afternoon and noticed a long queue of about 30 people at the Lloyds cash point.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bring back cash on 12:04 - Jul 20 with 1294 viewsonehunglow

I agree

It’s a dangerous road we go down

We are at the behest of the machine and are very vulnerable as a result

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bring back cash on 13:44 - Jul 20 with 1261 viewsSullutaCreturned

Thing is we get our cash out of machines, our accounts are controlled by computers, we are already too far down that rabbit hole.

We can insist on keeping on using cash but how do we get it out of the machines when the machines aren't working? How many local branches are there now? How often do we deal with people in branch?

This was a fight we should have been having 25 years ago but nobody saw it coming, ir if they did they were par of the goup that wants this. Young people today live their lives online, they go cashless becaue it's easy and they don't see the storm building.
Bring back cash on 14:06 - Jul 20 with 1247 viewsFlashberryjack

Bring back cash on 13:44 - Jul 20 by SullutaCreturned

Thing is we get our cash out of machines, our accounts are controlled by computers, we are already too far down that rabbit hole.

We can insist on keeping on using cash but how do we get it out of the machines when the machines aren't working? How many local branches are there now? How often do we deal with people in branch?

This was a fight we should have been having 25 years ago but nobody saw it coming, ir if they did they were par of the goup that wants this. Young people today live their lives online, they go cashless becaue it's easy and they don't see the storm building.

It must be a pain for shops that take cash to bank their takings, nearest bank could be 20 to 30 miles away.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bring back cash on 14:45 - Jul 20 with 1222 viewsDJack

Bring back cash on 14:06 - Jul 20 by Flashberryjack

It must be a pain for shops that take cash to bank their takings, nearest bank could be 20 to 30 miles away.

Thats a good point Flash. We tend to worry about the lack of branches affect us and forget the larger picture.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Bring back cash on 15:41 - Jul 20 with 1190 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bring back cash on 14:45 - Jul 20 by DJack

Thats a good point Flash. We tend to worry about the lack of branches affect us and forget the larger picture.

That's always been the larger picture though, how it affects ALL of us and don't forget, if we went totally electronic, no physical cash just contactless, the banks profits would rise and rise and every transaction would see another small slice go into the banks profits.

The banks would get richer and more powerful, the transfer of wealth would increase and this is a reality and it's a road we are a fair way along. I'm 57 so maybe it won't happen in my lifetime but the younger generations need to be very careful.
Bring back cash on 15:43 - Jul 20 with 1185 viewsWhiterockin

Bring back cash on 15:41 - Jul 20 by SullutaCreturned

That's always been the larger picture though, how it affects ALL of us and don't forget, if we went totally electronic, no physical cash just contactless, the banks profits would rise and rise and every transaction would see another small slice go into the banks profits.

The banks would get richer and more powerful, the transfer of wealth would increase and this is a reality and it's a road we are a fair way along. I'm 57 so maybe it won't happen in my lifetime but the younger generations need to be very careful.

There would also be less tax evasion.
Bring back cash on 15:54 - Jul 20 with 1151 viewsWhiterockin

Bring back cash on 15:43 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

Plus I wonder what impact it would have on drug dealing.
Bring back cash on 15:55 - Jul 20 with 1151 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bring back cash on 15:43 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

That is true but given the prevalence of hackers (many employed by governments) it could also be a present to terrorists and rogue governments.
Login to get fewer ads

Bring back cash on 16:21 - Jul 20 with 1125 viewsWhiterockin

Bring back cash on 15:55 - Jul 20 by SullutaCreturned

That is true but given the prevalence of hackers (many employed by governments) it could also be a present to terrorists and rogue governments.

And the drug dealing?
Bring back cash on 16:25 - Jul 20 with 1111 viewsbuilthjack

Bring back cash on 13:44 - Jul 20 by SullutaCreturned

I saw it coming. I use cash as much as possible. I go into my bank every week and make a withdrawal or two.
If everyone had done that all banks would still be open.
People have been silly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bring back cash on 16:31 - Jul 20 with 1101 viewsWhiterockin

Bring back cash on 16:25 - Jul 20 by builthjack

I saw it coming. I use cash as much as possible. I go into my bank every week and make a withdrawal or two.
If everyone had done that all banks would still be open.
People have been silly.

Let me know where you are stashing all the cash.
Bring back cash on 16:46 - Jul 20 with 1073 viewsbuilthjack

Bring back cash on 16:31 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

I think if youngsters withdrew cash instead of flashing their card everywhere they would not be in debt.

Bring back cash on 16:52 - Jul 20 with 1063 viewsonehunglow

Bring back cash on 16:46 - Jul 20 by builthjack

I think if youngsters withdrew cash instead of flashing their card everywhere they would not be in debt.

Back in the day,I well remember taking the takings to the night safe with a chum for “security”.
We were always told by head office not to fight back of attacked and to let them have the money

Shite

Bring back cash on 16:56 - Jul 20 with 1043 viewsWhiterockin

Bring back cash on 16:52 - Jul 20 by onehunglow

Back in the day,I well remember taking the takings to the night safe with a chum for “security”.
We were always told by head office not to fight back of attacked and to let them have the money

Shite

And to vary your route. Difficult if it's 50 yds to the night safe.
Bring back cash on 17:02 - Jul 20 with 1014 viewsonehunglow

Bring back cash on 16:56 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

And to vary your route. Difficult if it's 50 yds to the night safe.

That too.

Bring back cash on 17:06 - Jul 20 with 1000 viewsunion_jack

Bring back cash on 15:54 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

Plus I wonder what impact it would have on drug dealing.

What an excellent point! Never thought about that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bring back cash on 17:12 - Jul 20 with 997 viewsDJack

Bring back cash on 15:41 - Jul 20 by SullutaCreturned

Aye, I'm aware of that and a few years back I posted on one of the boards about it. When Visa, Mastercard and the rest force everyone into their system not only do they get a cut of everything they also sell on your data to the data brokers.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Bring back cash on 18:34 - Jul 20 with 961 viewsReslovenSwan1

As far as I understand it the card means VAT.

As we allow on more refugees and others from the third world our correct way of doing things become eroded.

MOT s become valueless as " cash deals" see MOT failures OK ed for a cash adjustment. Just one example.

Eventually to ensure collection of VAT cash deals will be squeezed out.

UK is already pretty friendly to back street money launders.
[Post edited 20 Jul 18:52]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bring back cash on 20:52 - Jul 20 with 893 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bring back cash on 16:21 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

And the drug dealing?

Well the serious criminals have always managed to be one step ahead but it may have a detrimental affect on their trade. There's only one way to find out really but is that a step that people really want?

Maybe the government should give the police, border control and other security agencies more money so they could tackle these crimes better?

Our freedoms are being whittled away and we are sleepwalking into it.
Bring back cash on 00:20 - Jul 21 with 835 viewscontroversial_jack

Bring back cash on 20:52 - Jul 20 by SullutaCreturned

Well the serious criminals have always managed to be one step ahead but it may have a detrimental affect on their trade. There's only one way to find out really but is that a step that people really want?

Maybe the government should give the police, border control and other security agencies more money so they could tackle these crimes better?

What freedoms have you lost?
Bring back cash on 05:09 - Jul 21 with 789 viewsWhiterockin

It's a step I would happily take, why worry about "big brother" knowing your every financial detail if you have nothing to hide. They probably know a lot more than you might imagine anyway.

Without cash there would be a massive increase in tax revenue that would benifit us all. Plus all the illegal activities like drug dealing, contraband cigarettes, stolen goods ect would be very difficult to continue without cash. Extreme it might be, but it would benifit the majority of us law abiding citizens.
Bring back cash on 07:59 - Jul 21 with 744 viewsonehunglow

Criminals always one step ahead,at least the smart ones
Car thefts,anti theft devices….they will find a way

Russian ones the biggest danger to the world

Russia ,again

The very worst

Bring back cash on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 675 viewscontroversial_jack

Bring back cash on 07:59 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

Criminals always one step ahead,at least the smart ones
Car thefts,anti theft devices….they will find a way

Russian ones the biggest danger to the world

Russia ,again

The very worst

A racist comment there!
Bring back cash on 09:46 - Jul 21 with 660 viewsonehunglow

Bring back cash on 09:33 - Jul 21 by controversial_jack

A racist comment there!

Where
Russian criminals the worst.
Racist?
Doubt it

It might offend you though,so it might be technically

I apologise

Bring back cash on 09:51 - Jul 21 with 656 viewsbuilthjack

Bring back cash on 16:31 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

If you get a safe, make sure it’s galvanised steel, and waterproof.
Dai the blacksmith is your man.
[Post edited 21 Jul 9:53]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024