Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You Have To Emigrate 10:32 - Sep 5 with 13628 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A combination of the local constabulary, the revenue and VAR have given you no choice. You have to go.

But you can live anywhere in the World you like. You have enough cash but you'll need a local job just to keep bread on the table.

Where's the dream?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You Have To Emigrate on 08:50 - Sep 8 with 855 viewsWA_Hoop

You Have To Emigrate on 09:09 - Sep 7 by ted_hendrix

For all this Country's faults It's still a great place to live.

I don't disagree. Nowhere is perfect.

Personally, I wouldn't rule out returning permanently to Blighty some day, although the wife & kids will take some persuading.
You Have To Emigrate on 08:53 - Sep 8 with 847 viewsNorthernr

You Have To Emigrate on 17:14 - Sep 7 by Phildo

a loftforwords golfing weekend at Roe park could be a thing? I was there a few months ago for an aunts funeral breakfast!

I love the North Antrim Coast and separately the Sligo coast but if pushed I might pick West Cork - perhaps along the Sheepshead peninsula somewhere.

Haha, this shows how we've all 'matured' together on this site over the last 25 years - we used to loftforwords meet up in the city where Ted's lad Charlie/Dave would put a card behind the bar at a pub in Liverpool street and we'd smash the granny out of the place all afternoon. Now we're talking about a golfing weekend
You Have To Emigrate on 09:08 - Sep 8 with 797 viewsTheChef

Toss up between Canada and Australia - so in no particular order: Vancouver, Toronto, Adelaide, Melbourne.

I love Italy for holidays but I'm not sure I'd want to live there.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

You Have To Emigrate on 09:18 - Sep 8 with 773 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Capri or Cape Town.

I've been to both twice.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

You Have To Emigrate on 13:41 - Sep 8 with 687 viewsHadders

Thanks, Brian: this is such a wonderful, inspiring and useful thread! I've just read through the whole thing with a pen and paper, listing ideas - and am now doing a bit of research for my next holiday, whenever that might be. For starters, I loved San Sebastian when I visited years ago, so am thinking of combining that with the French Basque places mentioned. If money were no object, I could happily live out the rest of my days visiting and revisiting places listed on this thread.

What's my contribution? I'm not sure, but for me, it would have to be somewhere by a warm ocean, ideally facing west. I lived close to the sea in The Gambia for two years and following an evening swim with a beachside meal whilst watching the sun setting over the wild ocean became a religion for me. To have daily access to the sensation of waves crashing over my skin, the sound and smell of the ocean and watching the sinking sun with the taste of grilled fish washed down with a Julbrew - sweet mother of Stanley Bowles, that was living!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 14:26]
You Have To Emigrate on 14:24 - Sep 8 with 640 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sounds great Hadders!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024