Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You Have To Emigrate 10:32 - Sep 5 with 13629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A combination of the local constabulary, the revenue and VAR have given you no choice. You have to go.

But you can live anywhere in the World you like. You have enough cash but you'll need a local job just to keep bread on the table.

Where's the dream?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You Have To Emigrate on 09:49 - Sep 7 with 1672 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You Have To Emigrate on 09:26 - Sep 7 by Faurlinho

Anywhere in the Gers region of S.W. France, but I’d opt for the small town of Lectoure. Architecturally stunning, great people, knock-out countryside within range of the pyrenees and a bar the New York Times named as one of the world’s best.

Looks amazing!

I'm not actually emigrating, sorry if I misled anyone!

The thread was intended as a bit of escapism for us all, a chance to find out about and see nice pics of beautiful places.

This is Faurlinho's new gaff, by the way. I've got the vino, can one of you sort out tunes?

You Have To Emigrate on 10:21 - Sep 7 with 1641 viewsngbqpr

You Have To Emigrate on 09:49 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Looks amazing!

I'm not actually emigrating, sorry if I misled anyone!

The thread was intended as a bit of escapism for us all, a chance to find out about and see nice pics of beautiful places.

This is Faurlinho's new gaff, by the way. I've got the vino, can one of you sort out tunes?

Great thread Brian, certainly given me a few city break ideas I'd not have considered before.

Belgrade and Utrecht for starters.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

You Have To Emigrate on 10:34 - Sep 7 with 1624 viewsNorthernr

You Have To Emigrate on 02:01 - Sep 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Loved Siena, I was fortunate to be there for the palio. In fact, most of Tuscany is a dream. Sydney is a great city but pretty expensive now.

Yeh that whole region, just glorious. Started in Florence, did Sienna after that. Other half basically had to drag me away, I nearly cried.
You Have To Emigrate on 11:05 - Sep 7 with 1589 viewsBklynRanger

Great thread, yes - I'm back on board the equanimity bus and have edited everything accordingly : )
You Have To Emigrate on 12:22 - Sep 7 with 1513 viewsSydneyRs

You Have To Emigrate on 04:57 - Sep 7 by silky

I did 10 years ago to New Zealand.

Best best decision I ever made. F#ck the UK and what's it's turned into. My family still live there and they are often miserable with everyday life as a Brit.

I do miss being English and we have a lot to be proud of but living there isn't one of them. Sad times!

New Zealand is ridiculously beautiful.
You Have To Emigrate on 12:30 - Sep 7 with 1508 viewshantssi

You Have To Emigrate on 10:34 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Yeh that whole region, just glorious. Started in Florence, did Sienna after that. Other half basically had to drag me away, I nearly cried.

Just avoid Pisa though, what a dump apart from the obvious bit!
You Have To Emigrate on 12:49 - Sep 7 with 1484 viewsstowmarketrange

You Have To Emigrate on 10:34 - Sep 7 by Northernr

We had a day trip to Florence during the England rugby weekend a few years ago.What a fantastic place to visit.We got out of the train station and caught the circular bus tour,and we got off by the river and walked the rest of the way.There are amazing views everywhere you look,especially when you turn the corner and see the cathedral(?).
I’d love to go back again when it gets a bit warmer than it was on that February day.
You Have To Emigrate on 14:08 - Sep 7 with 1449 viewsderbyhoop

You Have To Emigrate on 18:36 - Sep 5 by Boston

...and of course, wonderful china.

Porcelain, darling!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

You Have To Emigrate on 15:10 - Sep 7 with 1413 viewsstanistheman

You Have To Emigrate on 14:04 - Sep 5 by Lblock

Cyprus.

Not been in years and I really miss the place.
Very slanted towards the UK but unfortunately also a huge Russian influence there as well. Unbeatable climate, loving bit's of the coast and not that expensive.

I would say Ibiza, specifically Es Cana, but its got a bit more pretentious with each passing year.

Me too and the benefits include, great weather, easy going people, good food, English widely spoken and understood with an added bonus they drive on the same side as us Brits.
You Have To Emigrate on 16:02 - Sep 7 with 1374 viewsDamo1962

You Have To Emigrate on 15:20 - Sep 6 by Mick_S

Northern Ireland for us. If the stars align it’ll hopefully happen in a couple of years. I love the place and the rotten weather.

Look forward to welcoming you Mick. - another R to swell our numbers. I moved here 10 years ago, best thing I ever did.
You Have To Emigrate on 16:15 - Sep 7 with 1358 viewsBklynRanger

You Have To Emigrate on 16:02 - Sep 7 by Damo1962

Look forward to welcoming you Mick. - another R to swell our numbers. I moved here 10 years ago, best thing I ever did.

I'd really like to move to Holywood for a while and work remotely from there - the County Down one rather than trying to be Jack Nicholson's neighbour.

Very handy for getting into Belfast but 10 minutes walk from the beach. We stayed there over Easter and I was reminded that it directly faces Newtownabbey across the water - which is where I grew up. Anything on that side would feel far too claustrophobic to be honest.

So if anybody's giving away a 2 bedroom flat round that way let me know, ta.
You Have To Emigrate on 16:26 - Sep 7 with 1335 viewsDamo1962

You Have To Emigrate on 16:15 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

I'd really like to move to Holywood for a while and work remotely from there - the County Down one rather than trying to be Jack Nicholson's neighbour.

Very handy for getting into Belfast but 10 minutes walk from the beach. We stayed there over Easter and I was reminded that it directly faces Newtownabbey across the water - which is where I grew up. Anything on that side would feel far too claustrophobic to be honest.

So if anybody's giving away a 2 bedroom flat round that way let me know, ta.

Was down in Rostrevor for a few days, lovely part of the world. I live in Mid Ulster, which is more agricultural, so I !ove going to the coast. The Mourne mountains take some beating as well. Some of the most beautiful places on the the island of Ireland are up here in the North. Very busy this summer mind you.
You Have To Emigrate on 16:28 - Sep 7 with 1345 viewsBklynRanger

You Have To Emigrate on 16:26 - Sep 7 by Damo1962

Was down in Rostrevor for a few days, lovely part of the world. I live in Mid Ulster, which is more agricultural, so I !ove going to the coast. The Mourne mountains take some beating as well. Some of the most beautiful places on the the island of Ireland are up here in the North. Very busy this summer mind you.

Yeah Damo - we have a family friend who runs an AirBnB up near Bushmills - she's been busy all summer it seems and before that.
You Have To Emigrate on 16:55 - Sep 7 with 1324 viewsMick_S

You Have To Emigrate on 16:02 - Sep 7 by Damo1962

Where about in Ulster, Damo? We’re over again in October, Feb and April, too. I likes it. Mother in law lives in Garvagh; brother in law works at The Roe Park Resort in Limavady. That’s some place.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

You Have To Emigrate on 16:58 - Sep 7 with 1313 viewsMick_S

You Have To Emigrate on 16:28 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

Yeah Damo - we have a family friend who runs an AirBnB up near Bushmills - she's been busy all summer it seems and before that.

Got pissed on the Bushmills tour. They don’t mess about with the tasting session. Bushmills Inn is a beautiful, if expensive detour, after the Causeway.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

You Have To Emigrate on 17:03 - Sep 7 with 1295 viewsBklynRanger

You Have To Emigrate on 16:58 - Sep 7 by Mick_S

Got pissed on the Bushmills tour. They don’t mess about with the tasting session. Bushmills Inn is a beautiful, if expensive detour, after the Causeway.

Drank plenty of it but never been!
You Have To Emigrate on 17:14 - Sep 7 with 1280 viewsPhildo

You Have To Emigrate on 16:55 - Sep 7 by Mick_S

Where about in Ulster, Damo? We’re over again in October, Feb and April, too. I likes it. Mother in law lives in Garvagh; brother in law works at The Roe Park Resort in Limavady. That’s some place.

a loftforwords golfing weekend at Roe park could be a thing? I was there a few months ago for an aunts funeral breakfast!

I love the North Antrim Coast and separately the Sligo coast but if pushed I might pick West Cork - perhaps along the Sheepshead peninsula somewhere.
You Have To Emigrate on 20:06 - Sep 7 with 1184 viewslarsricchi

Barcelona for me. Absolutely loved the city when I visited. Did not want to go home. That's just two weeks of my life, and was on vacation, so I understand small sample size, but it think it would take me a long time to tire of things there.

My wife would say New Zealand on reputation only. I suppose we ought to visit.

I just hope to live by the sea someday.
You Have To Emigrate on 20:38 - Sep 7 with 1139 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You Have To Emigrate on 20:06 - Sep 7 by larsricchi

Barcelona for me. Absolutely loved the city when I visited. Did not want to go home. That's just two weeks of my life, and was on vacation, so I understand small sample size, but it think it would take me a long time to tire of things there.

My wife would say New Zealand on reputation only. I suppose we ought to visit.

I just hope to live by the sea someday.

New Zealand is probably the most beautiful country I've been to, Lars, but it'd be just too far from home for me to think about moving there permanently. Plus I think I'd prefer to live among non-English (or Irish) speaking people, just for the change and the exoticism.

You Have To Emigrate on 20:53 - Sep 7 with 1118 viewsstowmarketrange

You Have To Emigrate on 17:14 - Sep 7 by Phildo

a loftforwords golfing weekend at Roe park could be a thing? I was there a few months ago for an aunts funeral breakfast!

I love the North Antrim Coast and separately the Sligo coast but if pushed I might pick West Cork - perhaps along the Sheepshead peninsula somewhere.

Count me in for the golf.
You Have To Emigrate on 21:03 - Sep 7 with 1105 viewsloftboy

You Have To Emigrate on 17:03 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

Drank plenty of it but never been!

Did it in 2018, coach to the causeway from Belfast via carrickfergus (sp) castle then lunch at a pub that had been used in game of thrones, had to literally push the American tourists out the way who were blocking access to the bar taking selfies of the front door!,at the causeway it was raining so spent a couple of hours in the hotel drinking Smithwicks blonde, then onto Bushmills, was absolutely bursting for a slash on the way home, the driver didn’t want to stop but was facing a mutiny if he didn’t,was like a scene from a carry on as the entire coach emptied to use the toilet of a pub on the way back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

You Have To Emigrate on 00:17 - Sep 8 with 981 viewssilky

You Have To Emigrate on 20:38 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

New Zealand is probably the most beautiful country I've been to, Lars, but it'd be just too far from home for me to think about moving there permanently. Plus I think I'd prefer to live among non-English (or Irish) speaking people, just for the change and the exoticism.

It's not without its faults Brian but I'd rather be a poor man in New Zealand than one in UK that's for sure.

I was always laughed at as kid growing up in the UK wanting to live close to the coast. They'd all say "You will be lucky to just retire near it when you've done your time"

Moved to New Zealand, settled just north of Auckland bought a place and I'm a stones throw away from the Ocean. My kids do not know how lucky they have it. Just wish I could share it with the rest of my family.

Here are my two and pooch going to the local.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

You Have To Emigrate on 00:43 - Sep 8 with 971 viewsSydneyRs

You Have To Emigrate on 12:49 - Sep 7 by stowmarketrange

We had a day trip to Florence during the England rugby weekend a few years ago.What a fantastic place to visit.We got out of the train station and caught the circular bus tour,and we got off by the river and walked the rest of the way.There are amazing views everywhere you look,especially when you turn the corner and see the cathedral(?).
I’d love to go back again when it gets a bit warmer than it was on that February day.

It does get absolutely mobbed in the warmer months, so you probably visited at a good time. I recall hordes of tour groups around the cathedral area with guides holding up coloured flags on poles so the groups knew where they were, it was that rammed.

Beautiful place though.
You Have To Emigrate on 01:08 - Sep 8 with 962 viewsbob566

Hurts me to type this as a dub but cobh in county cork is outstanding. Beautiful beautiful place
You Have To Emigrate on 08:38 - Sep 8 with 892 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You Have To Emigrate on 00:17 - Sep 8 by silky

It's not without its faults Brian but I'd rather be a poor man in New Zealand than one in UK that's for sure.

I was always laughed at as kid growing up in the UK wanting to live close to the coast. They'd all say "You will be lucky to just retire near it when you've done your time"

Moved to New Zealand, settled just north of Auckland bought a place and I'm a stones throw away from the Ocean. My kids do not know how lucky they have it. Just wish I could share it with the rest of my family.

Here are my two and pooch going to the local.

It's such a beautiful Country, silky. And so varied as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024