Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 38145 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 18:37 - Jul 31 with 2499 viewsQPRSteve

bugger 1-1
Women's Euros on 19:17 - Jul 31 with 2368 viewsdigswellhoop

of course iam
Women's Euros on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 2368 viewsaston_hoop

ONE OF OUR OWN

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Women's Euros on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 2365 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR graduate takes the lead
Women's Euros on 19:34 - Jul 31 with 2335 viewsstrikerace

Great job killing off the last 10 minutes. What a match, extra time winner at Wembley
Women's Euros on 19:36 - Jul 31 with 2321 viewshubble

Well I've got tears. Saw us win it in '66 (I was very young!), feels wonderful to see us win a major final again on home turf. Well done Lionesses - I've been converted!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Women's Euros on 19:36 - Jul 31 with 2320 viewsbosh67

Brilliantly seen out. So pleased for them. Brilliant after they scored the winner.

It's finally come home for the girls.

Well done. Fantastic and deserved.

What a manager!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Women's Euros on 19:39 - Jul 31 with 2309 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

She’s only gone and brought a QPR flag on!
Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 19:40 - Jul 31 with 2284 viewsQPRSteve

In tears too. And a QPR fan scores the winning goal puts the icing on the cake.
Women's Euros on 19:41 - Jul 31 with 2261 viewsChrisNW6

Chloe Kelly with a QPR flag for her interview. Ealing girl!

West Ham won it in 66

QPR win it in 22
Women's Euros on 20:30 - Jul 31 with 2092 viewsdenhamhoop2

England won thanks to a manager who actually knew just how to use Subs effectively. Massively impressed by how Jill Scott came on and showed all her experience in the last 5 minutes of normal time and 10 of Extra time Men that's how you shithouse your way when holding on to a lead
Women's Euros on 20:54 - Jul 31 with 2020 viewskernowhoop

That was a very hard match, mentally and physically. They were wonderful.
Women's Euros on 21:03 - Jul 31 with 1973 viewsStreathamRanger

Huge thanks to Stowmarket for sorting me and my daughter out with tickets. An incredible day we will never forget.
Women's Euros on 21:06 - Jul 31 with 1963 viewsLogman

They were all great and really deserved the win. But I didn't like the commentator commending the shit-housery if they are going to be held up as role models and young girls are going to copy them.
Women's Euros on 21:08 - Jul 31 with 1951 viewskernowhoop

Women's Euros on 21:06 - Jul 31 by Logman

They were all great and really deserved the win. But I didn't like the commentator commending the shit-housery if they are going to be held up as role models and young girls are going to copy them.

Nor the commentator who said at least four times that someone had done 'excellently well'. Children listen to that and learn. Oh dear.
Women's Euros on 21:15 - Jul 31 with 1930 viewsnix

Really enjoyed the match. Some lovely football at times. And they had me in tears at the end too.
Women's Euros on 21:34 - Jul 31 with 1860 viewsLogman

Yes, it's a shame because it would be good if they took the opportunity to raise the bar culturally as well as purely footballing-wise
Women's Euros on 21:36 - Jul 31 with 1856 viewswortonranger

Loved it when Russo clearly read the instructions the German manager sent on looking over the German players shoulder. Channeling our Stanley Bowles?
Women's Euros on 21:49 - Jul 31 with 1808 viewsNed_Kennedys

Women's Euros on 21:06 - Jul 31 by Logman

Just enjoy the brilliant win: England were excellent in that last 10 minutes to see out the game.
Women's Euros on 23:52 - Jul 31 with 1649 viewsCammington

Women's Euros on 21:34 - Jul 31 by Logman

Yes, it's a shame because it would be good if they took the opportunity to raise the bar culturally as well as purely footballing-wise

England have just won a major tournament and you’re moaning about…I don’t even know what you’re moaning about ?
Women's Euros on 00:34 - Aug 1 with 1571 viewsSydneyRs

So proud of them, a brilliant and deserved victory by a team that played with joy all the way through. The scenes when they invaded the post match press conference were just magnificent.

Was thinking that goalmouth scramble from a German corner where the keeper was able to fall on the ball. Fine margins. The Italy goal in the men's final came from a similar situation and dropped for them rather than us. So many big games are determined by those things falling your way. About bloody time it fell ours.

Tremendous stuff.
Women's Euros on 01:34 - Aug 1 with 1514 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Women's Euros on 00:34 - Aug 1 by SydneyRs

So proud of them, a brilliant and deserved victory by a team that played with joy all the way through. The scenes when they invaded the post match press conference were just magnificent.

Was thinking that goalmouth scramble from a German corner where the keeper was able to fall on the ball. Fine margins. The Italy goal in the men's final came from a similar situation and dropped for them rather than us. So many big games are determined by those things falling your way. About bloody time it fell ours.

Tremendous stuff.

Fine margins indeed with Germany rattling the post / crossbar a few times and all that missing their top goalscorer .
Fair play to England it looked bad there for a while and I would have settled for penalties until that winner .
Women's Euros on 03:39 - Aug 1 with 1451 viewsSydneyRs

Women's Euros on 01:34 - Aug 1 by CLAREMAN1995

Fine margins indeed with Germany rattling the post / crossbar a few times and all that missing their top goalscorer .
Fair play to England it looked bad there for a while and I would have settled for penalties until that winner .

Thought the spirit shown at the end was excellent, with England players comforting the understandably devastated Germans. Fantastic crowd and atmosphere too.

Would love to see the men emulate somthing like this. They've been doing quite a few Facebook vidoes with the women's team and there's clearly a togetherness between them all which is great to see. Southgate may not be everyone's favourite manager, but what he has done for the culture around the mens team cannot be underestimated.

Yes a bit of luck at times, don't think I've ever seen anyone win a big tournament without at least some fortune along the way. We've been on the wrong end of that often enough and the haters have dined out on it.
Women's Euros on 08:09 - Aug 1 with 1310 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I enjoyed the bits I've seen.

I've also become a fan of Merle Frohms the German goalkeeper and followed her on Insta.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Women's Euros on 10:51 - Aug 1 with 1138 viewsJuzzie

Women's Euros on 03:39 - Aug 1 by SydneyRs

Thought the spirit shown at the end was excellent, with England players comforting the understandably devastated Germans. Fantastic crowd and atmosphere too.

Would love to see the men emulate somthing like this. They've been doing quite a few Facebook vidoes with the women's team and there's clearly a togetherness between them all which is great to see. Southgate may not be everyone's favourite manager, but what he has done for the culture around the mens team cannot be underestimated.

Yes a bit of luck at times, don't think I've ever seen anyone win a big tournament without at least some fortune along the way. We've been on the wrong end of that often enough and the haters have dined out on it.

As absolutely fantastic this tournament has been for the Women's team I'd imagine the pressure on the men's team is 10x as much. I think it's probably why Southgate seems to set up not to lose rather than to win. however, tournaments are essentially knock-out competitions, you can't keep drawing all the time and hoping to go through on penalties, especially with our general track record in that situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024