Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 38146 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 13:57 - Jul 28 with 2806 viewsterryb

Women's Euros on 13:26 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough, England were actually quite a short price to win.

That'a not surprising with bookies based in the UK with English customers!

Outside of the betting industry, I believe that Sweden were favourites based on their FIFA ranking, record playing England & past Championship performances.
Women's Euros on 14:10 - Jul 28 with 2752 viewsMalintabuk

Women's Euros on 11:25 - Jul 28 by quickpassrotter

Quite a few comments on social media about the approach that Sarina Wiegman has taken - certainly to her overall strategy of play and critically her tactical use and timing of her substitutes. All positive and all of which I agree with. Still there are people, supposedly England supporters, being critical of the standard of football in the competition, and England's approach. I find this mind boggling. Dear old Gareth Southgate, whom I like and respect, could take a leaf out of Wiegman's book in terms of the way she sets it all up and plays (yes, I know they are different players), and importantly how she uses her substitutes and the timing of the substitutions to make such an impact. Gareth has simply not discovered that yet, and I don't think that he will.

Quite agree think Southgate is I don't want to lose rather than I do want to win
We were talking about this at work and agreed the ladies are playing football as it should be played
The Germans are a bit more canny and may very well beat us on Sunday..... but I don't think the girls will die without trying and doing it their way.
Whatever the result the ladies have done us proud 👏
The Wiegman remark was tough in cheek,as I can't ever see a woman coach manager running a UK male professional team in my lifetime.... we checked and I think there is one in the 8th tier!!!!
But she is a superb coach/manager
Women's Euros on 14:32 - Jul 28 with 2705 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Southgate, Wiegman, and the England youth setup are finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd in World Cups and Euros in a scale unseen since Tom Finney was scooping turds out of Preston U bends.

What’s the problem? Enjoy!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 14:38]
Women's Euros on 14:52 - Jul 28 with 2662 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 13:57 - Jul 28 by terryb

Outside of the betting industry, I believe that Sweden were favourites based on their FIFA ranking, record playing England & past Championship performances.

That's a bit 1990s Terry!

Most betting done on line now with worldwide access!

Actually think Spain were the pre tournament favourites.
Women's Euros on 15:18 - Jul 28 with 2636 viewsterryb

Women's Euros on 14:52 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

That's a bit 1990s Terry!

Most betting done on line now with worldwide access!

Actually think Spain were the pre tournament favourites.

That is certainly true, but if it wasn't being played in England the English betting public wouldn't have paid much interest! I doubt that many bets have been placed worldwide on this event.

This has almost certainly made a difference to the betting odds.
Women's Euros on 15:24 - Jul 28 with 2632 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 15:18 - Jul 28 by terryb

That is certainly true, but if it wasn't being played in England the English betting public wouldn't have paid much interest! I doubt that many bets have been placed worldwide on this event.

This has almost certainly made a difference to the betting odds.

I agree with sentences 1 and 3 - 2/3 ain't bad!
Women's Euros on 17:05 - Jul 28 with 2536 viewsnix

The England team are staying at my health club, which has a hotel and conference centre, and playing fields so accommodate these kinds of teams. There are a lot of men wearing dark suits and looking intimidating and a number of middle aged women looking a bit confused just trying to get to Pilates who wouldn't recognise an England player if she dribbled round them and did a roulette.
Women's Euros on 18:02 - Jul 28 with 2485 viewsDorse

Women's Euros on 17:05 - Jul 28 by nix

The England team are staying at my health club, which has a hotel and conference centre, and playing fields so accommodate these kinds of teams. There are a lot of men wearing dark suits and looking intimidating and a number of middle aged women looking a bit confused just trying to get to Pilates who wouldn't recognise an England player if she dribbled round them and did a roulette.

Wait. You have a health club? Cool.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 09:01 - Jul 29 with 2307 viewsnix

Women's Euros on 18:02 - Jul 28 by Dorse

Wait. You have a health club? Cool.

I don't own it Dorse, sadly. If I did the beers would be on me next time there was a LFW away outing.
Women's Euros on 13:01 - Jul 29 with 2247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We (QPR) have got some skin in the game:

Women's Euros on 13:06 - Jul 29 with 2240 viewshubble

Women's Euros on 13:01 - Jul 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

We (QPR) have got some skin in the game:

That's good to know. I note the super talented Alessia Russo came from Bearsted Girls. Could be problematic for the dyslexics.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Women's Euros on 13:47 - Jul 29 with 2208 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Women's Euros on 13:06 - Jul 29 by hubble

That's good to know. I note the super talented Alessia Russo came from Bearsted Girls. Could be problematic for the dyslexics.

Beth England’s old team too!
Women's Euros on 13:59 - Jul 29 with 2169 viewsSonofpugwash

It'll be all wight on the night.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Women's Euros on 14:04 - Jul 29 with 2164 viewsTacticalR

@BazzaInTheLoft: 'We (QPR) have got some skin in the game'

Apparently Chloe Kelly was a season ticket holder at QPR:

Chloe Kelly: Everton striker on 'street football' & west London cages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50664328

Air hostess clique

Women's Euros on 14:48 - Jul 29 with 2114 viewsGroveR

Women's Euros on 14:04 - Jul 29 by TacticalR

@BazzaInTheLoft: 'We (QPR) have got some skin in the game'

Apparently Chloe Kelly was a season ticket holder at QPR:

Chloe Kelly: Everton striker on 'street football' & west London cages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50664328

Kelly's love for football began as a season ticket holder at QPR and it was, she says, "massive" when she started her career there.

But the club, who were "like a Sunday League team at the time", could not provide the opportunities that Arsenal's Centre of Excellence did.

She definitely played for us alright.
Women's Euros on 15:05 - Jul 29 with 2103 viewsjoe90

QPR women first London team to win the FA Cup but as always people are only interested in the ‘big’ clubs.

76/77 season for those who are interested. We also reached the final the season before.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 15:07]
Women's Euros on 15:22 - Jul 29 with 2082 viewsJuzzie

I took this photo at Loftus Road the day after our 2014 Play Off win, I wonder if Chloe is one of them?

https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/10397134_10152467054988669_41
Women's Euros on 15:22 - Jul 29 with 2079 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/trust-celebrate-female-participants-ac

Shame our team isn't good enough yet to keep them.
Women's Euros on 16:05 - Jul 29 with 2025 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 15:22 - Jul 29 by QPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/trust-celebrate-female-participants-ac

Shame our team isn't good enough yet to keep them.

We did have a fairly good ladies team about 7-8 years ago,but without the investment to keep it going,or to take it to the next level,we dropped down the leagues again.If the standards aren’t great,then good players will go elsewhere and that means we’ll struggle to improve.
Women's Euros on 17:26 - Jul 31 with 1761 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Women's Euros on 21:49 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

The German fraulines aren’t above a bit of schitenhousen!

…not convinced by tonight’s ref either!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Women's Euros on 17:35 - Jul 31 with 1741 viewsNoelmc

Mary Earps sporting the best pony tail by an England goalkeeper since David Seaman.
Women's Euros on 17:50 - Jul 31 with 1692 viewsMatch82

Women's Euros on 13:57 - Jul 28 by terryb

Here in the US for this game at least, they had England as slight favorites over Germany. Assume home advantage has a lot to do with that
Women's Euros on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 1675 viewsslmrstid

Women's Euros on 15:05 - Jul 29 by joe90

QPR women first London team to win the FA Cup but as always people are only interested in the ‘big’ clubs.

76/77 season for those who are interested. We also reached the final the season before.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 15:07]

I only learned about this relatively recently when reading an article on the BBC website about the history of the womens FA cup. Its nowhere to be found on our own official website for club history. I'm surprised at this, it should still be something our club should be proud of.
Women's Euros on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 1597 viewsaston_hoop

Oh yes!! Great finish

That ball from Walsh too!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 18:21]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Women's Euros on 18:21 - Jul 31 with 1593 viewsQPRSteve

Get the fûck in!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024