Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Ntcham 11:57 - Aug 31 with 24305 viewsChief

Surely he'd want a decent signing on fee and hefty wages?

Is this something we'd actually go for?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Oliver Ntcham on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 2897 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 19:47 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

From what I remember a talented player with attitude and application question marks. Upset a lot of Celtic fans with comments about the quality of the league.

Important season for him as he was a total flop at Marseille. Lack of fitness and sharpness - no pre-season and Covid issues meant he only started 4 games and was subbed at half time in all of them.

Needs good management by the sounds of it and an eye kept on fitness.

So another gamble then
We either sign kids,no marks,ingenues and now bad attitudes.

Just why?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oliver Ntcham on 19:55 - Aug 31 with 2866 viewsReslovenSwan1

Oliver Ntcham on 19:50 - Aug 31 by onehunglow

So another gamble then

Just why?

None and I mean none of the current Swansea squad get anywhere near the Marseille first team. Rustiness is temporary class is permanent as long s he is fit.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Oliver Ntcham on 19:55 - Aug 31 with 2865 viewsThrasher6

From what I remember a talented player with attitude and application question marks. Upset a lot of Celtic fans with comments about the quality of the league.

Important season for him as he was a total flop at Marseille. Lack of fitness and sharpness - no pre-season and Covid issues meant he only started 4 games and was subbed at half time in all of them.

Agreed and we'll have to wait and see how RM can iron out any issues. Have a feeling it could go either way...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Oliver Ntcham on 19:57 - Aug 31 with 2832 viewsjackrmee

Wow, subbed at half time in all his games?!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oliver Ntcham on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 2798 viewslondonlisa2001

So another gamble then

Just why?

He could be either the best signing in the championship or the worst. Genuinely. On his day he’s far too good for the league. Unfortunately, other days he’s not good enough for a kick about on the bay.

I’ve a friend who supports Celtic and he says he drives you insane but at times is glorious.
Oliver Ntcham on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 2797 viewsjackrmee

Oliver Ntcham on 19:55 - Aug 31 by Thrasher6

Agreed and we'll have to wait and see how RM can iron out any issues. Have a feeling it could go either way...

Yeah I agree.
Martin is young and has played against him. Hopefully it will be easier to build a relationship.

Less of a gamble seen as he's free.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oliver Ntcham on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 2771 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 19:55 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

None and I mean none of the current Swansea squad get anywhere near the Marseille first team. Rustiness is temporary class is permanent as long s he is fit.

And another gamble.
Not really something we should be doing.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oliver Ntcham on 20:05 - Aug 31 with 2726 viewsmajorraglan

Oliver Ntcham on 19:55 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

First sentence is true, but in addition to the fitness he also has to have the mental attitude. We’ve seen in the past lots of extremely good players fall to the wayside on account of attitude.
Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Ntcham on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 2709 viewsdobjack2

Oliver Ntcham on 19:57 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Wow, subbed at half time in all his games?!

Manager who took him there left immediately he arrived and he clearly didn’t fit into what the new man Jorge Sampaoli, whose style is similar to Bielsa, wanted.

I’ve not seen Marseille play but if they use a similar high energy pressing game to Leeds, anyone struggling for fitness would not be wanted by Sampaoli
Oliver Ntcham on 20:17 - Aug 31 with 2625 viewsjackrmee

Oliver Ntcham on 20:07 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

Manager who took him there left immediately he arrived and he clearly didn’t fit into what the new man Jorge Sampaoli, whose style is similar to Bielsa, wanted.

I’ve not seen Marseille play but if they use a similar high energy pressing game to Leeds, anyone struggling for fitness would not be wanted by Sampaoli

That's a little less alarming then.
Didn't realise Sampaoli was there

Oliver Ntcham on 20:37 - Aug 31 with 2502 viewspencoedjack

Oliver Ntcham on 18:36 - Aug 31 by Marcella

Bench warmer for most of the time, showed up occasionally, downed tools start of last season with his mate Edouard when Lennon told them to buckle down and play for the shirt.
Both a waste of space

Id imagine any decent player wouldn’t have much respect for Neil Lennon.
Oliver Ntcham on 20:53 - Aug 31 with 2389 viewsdobjack2

Oliver Ntcham on 20:17 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

That's a little less alarming then.
Didn't realise Sampaoli was there

Don’t watch European football these days so only realised he was there after reading about the Nice Marseille game. Never a dull moment with him as a manager.
Oliver Ntcham on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 2088 viewsReslovenSwan1

Oliver Ntcham on 20:53 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

Don’t watch European football these days so only realised he was there after reading about the Nice Marseille game. Never a dull moment with him as a manager.

He seems to have a laconic style similar to Leroy Fer and Yaya Toure from clips. Everything is done at his own pace. This could be a sign of class to some. Yaya was a beast and would not be hussled out it by an inferior player.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Oliver Ntcham on 01:15 - Sep 1 with 1947 viewsEvs

Fascinating signing, hope this happens.

Brought to Celtic by Brendan in 2017. Has played Champions League, Europa League, Serie A. Still only 25. Goals and assists are there. Would seem to have more than enough talent to make an impact in the Championship.

But...the words lazy, bad attitude, disinterested seem to pop up again & again.

Clean slate. Pray.

[Edit: and Villas-Boas handed in his resignation when the Marseille board brought him in on loan, against Boas' wishes, earlier this year.]
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 1:23]
Oliver Ntcham on 05:44 - Sep 1 with 1821 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 23:17 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

He seems to have a laconic style similar to Leroy Fer and Yaya Toure from clips. Everything is done at his own pace. This could be a sign of class to some. Yaya was a beast and would not be hussled out it by an inferior player.

'' Yaya was a beast and would not be hussled (sic) out it by an inferior player.''

Yes he was, but he was also Yaya Toure.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oliver Ntcham on 07:21 - Sep 1 with 1749 viewspencoedjack

I take it this didn’t happen?
Oliver Ntcham on 07:24 - Sep 1 with 1738 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 07:21 - Sep 1 by pencoedjack

He’s a free agent so has longer to get any deal done

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oliver Ntcham on 08:24 - Sep 1 with 1641 viewsKeithHaynes

Oliver Ntcham on 07:21 - Sep 1 by pencoedjack

He’s still in Swansea 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oliver Ntcham on 09:00 - Sep 1 with 1555 viewsjack_lord

I think this signing puts the crap/decent transfer window in the balance. We will come out better if we sign him.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Oliver Ntcham on 09:05 - Sep 1 with 1542 viewsandypitt56

He didnt seem to have any issues Under rodgers, played over half his 150 games under Rodgers. I wouldn't want to work for that tool Lennon.
Oliver Ntcham on 09:27 - Sep 1 with 1481 viewsjeza739

So another gamble then

Just why?

Because anyone else I suspect costs money. Money club are not prepared to pay
Re him upsetting Celtic fans by mentioning the quality of the league (or rather lack of) , well he got that bit right.
I have always thought SPL stood for Scottish Pub League.
I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Fer/Augustein. I don't the club can carry someone like that . We need 7/10 every week, not 9/10 once every 10 weeks and nothing in between
Oliver Ntcham on 09:39 - Sep 1 with 1444 viewsjack247

Oliver Ntcham on 09:00 - Sep 1 by jack_lord

I think this signing puts the crap/decent transfer window in the balance. We will come out better if we sign him.

100%. Without someone who can carry the ball from defensive to threatening positions, I can’t see the current system working. Downes may be able to, but from the little I’ve seen of him he looks more like a Grimes than a Fer.

Not sure if this is Ntchams role, assuming it is, as we’re obviously crying out for it.
Oliver Ntcham on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 1386 viewsFireboy2

Oliver Ntcham on 08:24 - Sep 1 by KeithHaynes

He’s still in Swansea 👍

Ive heard he has just signed.

Touch wood he will work his socks off and make a difference to our static midfield.
Oliver Ntcham on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 1364 viewsjackrmee

Oliver Ntcham on 01:15 - Sep 1 by Evs

Brought to Celtic by Brendan in 2017. Has played Champions League, Europa League, Serie A. Still only 25. Goals and assists are there. Would seem to have more than enough talent to make an impact in the Championship.

Clean slate. Pray.

[Edit: and Villas-Boas handed in his resignation when the Marseille board brought him in on loan, against Boas' wishes, earlier this year.]

It's a risk bringing him in, but is it really a very big risk? He was free after all.

He will want to impress and get a move to a big club. He obviously has the equipment, but does he have the minerals.

He can play in DM or AM.
If he's sh!t, we still have Walsh who looks quality and a raft of DMs.
Not a worry if this one doesnt work out IMO.

Edit....on the other hand, if he knuckles down and actually wants to play, this one could be the signing of the window season
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:01]

Oliver Ntcham on 10:04 - Sep 1 with 1340 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 01:15 - Sep 1 by Evs

Clean slate. Pray.

Its a concerning career trajectory, that immediately sticks out to me. Reports are that he has struggled to find a new club.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-olivier-ntcham-finally-finds-new-club-after-celti

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024