Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D C UTD a few similarities 13:10 - Oct 9 with 5148 viewsCARDAN

Not that I care a bit about DC United but was just watching Sky Sports News, it was showing the league Tables for the US leagues, I see they are bottom.
So what? Well of course they are owned by the same dooshbags, Investment hedge funds do t make great football clubs custodians for they.
D C UTD a few similarities on 01:43 - Oct 13 with 852 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 00:09 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not agree with the downgrading of the academy. It is a mistake. It was more than paying its way which the point Kilkenny made. It must be a cash flow issue. I believe Pinchard is signed up as he has been with the cub fr a few weeks now. McBurney was older than In thought but spent 2 years at least in the u21s and was eased into the first team.

Well I'm astounded, can you just clarify, are you actually criticizing a decision your beloved Americans have made!?

One word answer please.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

D C UTD a few similarities on 04:55 - Oct 13 with 832 viewsKilkennyjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:24 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Cabango Rodon and Roberts were already in the pipeline. Cabango is from the cardiff area. Three full current Welsh internationals. All of them have been with the club for 7 years or more developed and nurtured in the 'Jenkinista era'. Dan James was signed at 15 or 16 and McBurney at 17 they were raw teenagers and it is debateable whether they would have made it without their time at Fairwood. DJ and OM would not have come to Swansea it it were not a top academy.

Bidding for Cabango starts at £10m. Rodon will go for £15m plus and Roberts perhaps £7m or so. That make £32m. James and McBurnie another £35m. The academy was funded form surpluses from the PL years. £67m in sales. Birch indicated it cost £2m a season. Its paid for itself for 33 years. Even if it is £3m pa thats 21 years. Big hopes for Benda, Garrick and Cullen.

Brandon Cooper, Joe Lewis, Ollie Cooper, Jack and Cameron Evans have a decent chance.
Its the fish John West rejects that makes John West the best so there will be many that fall by the wayside. They were all given a good chance. You seem to remember them. Some might get as second chance in the championship.

From what Ihave read about the Wales u16 team that age group could be the best yet with 6-7 young Swans in their squad that beat Belgium 4-0 last season.

Who have Cardiff produced in that period?. The midfied player from Hampshire whos name escaped me. Coxe has bombed Spense moved on and Harris struggling to make an impact.

As a patriot I am disappointed in you. Only a 10-15 ago the best Welsh kids were heading over the border and Swansea and Cardiff were useless. Crowell Lloyd James and Bale prefered Southampton as they had a base in Bath for Welsh kids and Emyr huws went to Man City. Cardiff did well for a while with Ramsey, Ledley, Gunter, Blake and Fleetwood and then went into decline.

For comparison we produced Joe Allen, Ben, Jazz and Macca before any investment.
All welsh internationals who played Premier League.

You cant use the money generated by James and McBurnie to justify an Academy.
James was already a Hull City Wales U16 international.
McBurnie was already 19 and had played National League for Chester.
I can see you are not claiming Aberystwyth Towns Alex Samuel any more, so thats a little progress.

You say they were somehow attracted by the great (still unproven) Academy.
I say they were attracted by our Premier League money.

Benda and Garrick as Academy products ? Laughable.

Rodon and Roberts were with us without any fecking Academy.
Similar to joe allen and ben davies.

I dont know the Cabango back story. I assume you are wrong as you are wrong on every other point.

The Academy took £10m to build without the run costs, players wages etc.
You have less idea about money than you have about football, and thats saying something.

We signed 7 players from Falkirk Academy. Think about the type of idiot who would do that. Looking for Premier League standard players mind ... more waste.

Without the millions wasted on the Academy we might have stayed up. Unforgivable.
And now we are closing it all down of course.
The lack of vision is quite staggering.

Beware of the Risen People

D C UTD a few similarities on 08:16 - Oct 13 with 804 viewsBillyChong

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:38 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea under Huw jenkins has 14 consequitive years of success the money gained was reinvested in club infrastucture and playing staff. The club established a good academy in Swansea which cleaned out the one down the road (which they stil have not recovered from). There was one tough season that led to resignation and the loss of the Chairman and two decent season in the Championship with the club back on an upward trajectory despite slashed income. Many predicted a rapid cascade down the leagues and others administration. This has not happened. I hapen to be an optimist and believe the clubs future is sound and in good hands. Call that 'bonkers' if you like. The Swansea way seems ingrained and should continue to deliver.

What’s that got to do with the DC United fans article? There’s some interesting reading on their forums as well, the majority seem unhappy with Kaplan and things have gone downhill since he arrived on the scene. Lack of investment in the team, the stadium hasn’t impressed the fans, fans boycotting merchandise etc.
D C UTD a few similarities on 08:27 - Oct 13 with 798 viewsswancity

D C UTD a few similarities on 08:16 - Oct 13 by BillyChong

What’s that got to do with the DC United fans article? There’s some interesting reading on their forums as well, the majority seem unhappy with Kaplan and things have gone downhill since he arrived on the scene. Lack of investment in the team, the stadium hasn’t impressed the fans, fans boycotting merchandise etc.

Kaplan ( or Levien ) don’t have a passion for football / soccer and that’s a rarely mentioned crucial factor when referring to successful foreign ownership. That wont guarantee success either but it increases the odds considerably.

Kaplan has looked bored rigid at the very few games he did attend. He was doing that out of duty rather than enjoyment and with no real interest or passion in your team ( literally ) it’s not conducive to helping it succeed.

Despite one or two people with obvious connections to the American syndicate trying to defend them, the sale was quite clearly achieved with the main aim of lining the pockets of our previous owners and it’s sad to say that after they’d done so much good work up to 2014/15..

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

D C UTD a few similarities on 10:00 - Oct 13 with 793 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 08:27 - Oct 13 by swancity

Kaplan ( or Levien ) don’t have a passion for football / soccer and that’s a rarely mentioned crucial factor when referring to successful foreign ownership. That wont guarantee success either but it increases the odds considerably.

Kaplan has looked bored rigid at the very few games he did attend. He was doing that out of duty rather than enjoyment and with no real interest or passion in your team ( literally ) it’s not conducive to helping it succeed.

Despite one or two people with obvious connections to the American syndicate trying to defend them, the sale was quite clearly achieved with the main aim of lining the pockets of our previous owners and it’s sad to say that after they’d done so much good work up to 2014/15..

To add to that their complete absence at games since relegation

D C UTD a few similarities on 10:27 - Oct 13 with 791 viewsjasper_T

The money spent on the academy wasn't going to keep us up when the £60m+ we spent on new players in our final season couldn't.

We spent a lot of money on bad "prospects" who held back local talents from pushing on but a million quid on Biabi and Blair isn't an excuse for Carvalhal in that dismal 10 game run in.
D C UTD a few similarities on 12:43 - Oct 13 with 773 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 04:55 - Oct 13 by Kilkennyjack

For comparison we produced Joe Allen, Ben, Jazz and Macca before any investment.
All welsh internationals who played Premier League.

You cant use the money generated by James and McBurnie to justify an Academy.
James was already a Hull City Wales U16 international.
McBurnie was already 19 and had played National League for Chester.
I can see you are not claiming Aberystwyth Towns Alex Samuel any more, so thats a little progress.

You say they were somehow attracted by the great (still unproven) Academy.
I say they were attracted by our Premier League money.

Benda and Garrick as Academy products ? Laughable.

Rodon and Roberts were with us without any fecking Academy.
Similar to joe allen and ben davies.

I dont know the Cabango back story. I assume you are wrong as you are wrong on every other point.

The Academy took £10m to build without the run costs, players wages etc.
You have less idea about money than you have about football, and thats saying something.

We signed 7 players from Falkirk Academy. Think about the type of idiot who would do that. Looking for Premier League standard players mind ... more waste.

Without the millions wasted on the Academy we might have stayed up. Unforgivable.
And now we are closing it all down of course.
The lack of vision is quite staggering.

Your knowedge gap is clear as the academy is not closing down it is contracting. You should know this at least. Roberts and Rodon have been in the system for the whole of the Adacemy era honing their skills with the best coaches. You may have noticed Cabango Rodon Roberts ease into the first team seemlessly. Their Cardiff s U21 Wales teammates Abbruzzee, Coxe already non league with Harris struggling to get game time. They fonted up to their Swansea rivals in an u19 cup game but have not progressed.

Declan John is a Cardiff graduate. Drummed out of the club with imediate effect. I suspect he never learned the "Non negiociables" the Swansea boys learn very early.

Swansea city produced practically no one of note in the period upto before 2002. The old board changed that narrative firstly with the School of Excellence then the Academy. It is a resounding success story. Joey first came on the scene 2005-207 or so. I saw him as 15 year old and he was a stand out then. These projects need patience and grow organically the reults are slowly coming through now.

Garrick came from a small village team near Huddesfield as a very young raw player. His complete professional development has all been at Swansea. Benda has unergone intense training at Morfa not Fairwood with world class coaches. That is why he came.

Like any business, one that is decent, looks after its people and train them in house, with the very best training and aspirational standards. This not only applies to Swansea city and Wales in general. Swansea city provides a huge service to the region training young local kids and giving them the best possible chance. Not Swansea youth of talent needs to go anywhere else. The next Johhn Hartson does not need to go to Luton. When in the PL they sent teams to California and Sout h Africa creating good human beings and footballers as a good community team. They could have cousrse given the acdemy to the owners in dividends and the trust would put it in the Santander at 0.15% to see it rot away forgotten.

Given you avatar, and your likely politicis, the past owners did was exactly what you would think, you should be supporting on the face of it. Grass root investment. You have lost your way like the majority of Trust members.

The club could have paid dividends to the owners including the deadbeat Trust who have not idea what to do with their cash. Their cash is rotting in a 0.15% current account in Santander.

Wise sage since Toshack era

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:50 - Oct 13 with 771 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:43 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Your knowedge gap is clear as the academy is not closing down it is contracting. You should know this at least. Roberts and Rodon have been in the system for the whole of the Adacemy era honing their skills with the best coaches. You may have noticed Cabango Rodon Roberts ease into the first team seemlessly. Their Cardiff s U21 Wales teammates Abbruzzee, Coxe already non league with Harris struggling to get game time. They fonted up to their Swansea rivals in an u19 cup game but have not progressed.

Declan John is a Cardiff graduate. Drummed out of the club with imediate effect. I suspect he never learned the "Non negiociables" the Swansea boys learn very early.

Swansea city produced practically no one of note in the period upto before 2002. The old board changed that narrative firstly with the School of Excellence then the Academy. It is a resounding success story. Joey first came on the scene 2005-207 or so. I saw him as 15 year old and he was a stand out then. These projects need patience and grow organically the reults are slowly coming through now.

Garrick came from a small village team near Huddesfield as a very young raw player. His complete professional development has all been at Swansea. Benda has unergone intense training at Morfa not Fairwood with world class coaches. That is why he came.

Like any business, one that is decent, looks after its people and train them in house, with the very best training and aspirational standards. This not only applies to Swansea city and Wales in general. Swansea city provides a huge service to the region training young local kids and giving them the best possible chance. Not Swansea youth of talent needs to go anywhere else. The next Johhn Hartson does not need to go to Luton. When in the PL they sent teams to California and Sout h Africa creating good human beings and footballers as a good community team. They could have cousrse given the acdemy to the owners in dividends and the trust would put it in the Santander at 0.15% to see it rot away forgotten.

Given you avatar, and your likely politicis, the past owners did was exactly what you would think, you should be supporting on the face of it. Grass root investment. You have lost your way like the majority of Trust members.

The club could have paid dividends to the owners including the deadbeat Trust who have not idea what to do with their cash. Their cash is rotting in a 0.15% current account in Santander.

Couldn't resist a random dig at the trust at the end there I see. When they are neither the subject of the thread nor what was being discussed at that particular time.

Unbelievable unwarranted bias and yet again evidence of your own personal vendetta.

Login to get fewer ads

D C UTD a few similarities on 14:06 - Oct 13 with 752 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:50 - Oct 13 by Chief

Couldn't resist a random dig at the trust at the end there I see. When they are neither the subject of the thread nor what was being discussed at that particular time.

Unbelievable unwarranted bias and yet again evidence of your own personal vendetta.

Why not. I do not like the way they are run or their basic moribund philosophy. The old board invested in grass roots exciting new players 10-15 year olds and gave opportunities for talented kids irresepective of race colour or creed in south Wales. No matter you wealth or income. There was a place for you if you are good enough and committed.

The Kilkenny bloke was dead against this, bizarrely. The money could have gone ito the trust s coffers as dividends to rot and devalue in a deadbeat bank account. I hope they get a nice cup of tea when the visit the Sandander. As you have admitted they are not well versed in matters of finance. Bit of a waste of space in all reality.

D C UTD a few similarities on 14:10 - Oct 13 with 749 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 14:06 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Why not. I do not like the way they are run or their basic moribund philosophy. The old board invested in grass roots exciting new players 10-15 year olds and gave opportunities for talented kids irresepective of race colour or creed in south Wales. No matter you wealth or income. There was a place for you if you are good enough and committed.

The Kilkenny bloke was dead against this, bizarrely. The money could have gone ito the trust s coffers as dividends to rot and devalue in a deadbeat bank account. I hope they get a nice cup of tea when the visit the Sandander. As you have admitted they are not well versed in matters of finance. Bit of a waste of space in all reality.

So what does all that have to do with the trust? They backed the idea of the academy.

D C UTD a few similarities on 17:39 - Oct 13 with 712 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 14:06 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I've got it! WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG?

There has only ever been one poster on this site as thick as mince, but truly believes that he knows what he's talking about.

Welcome back dgt73
D C UTD a few similarities on 23:49 - Oct 13 with 663 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 17:39 - Oct 13 by Garyjack

I've got it! WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG?

There has only ever been one poster on this site as thick as mince, but truly believes that he knows what he's talking about.

Welcome back dgt73

I expect a few brickbats. The 1000 strong Trust memebership are under the delusion they are helping the club with thier £5 annual subscription which is rather sweet.

D C UTD a few similarities on 07:18 - Oct 14 with 642 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 23:49 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I expect a few brickbats. The 1000 strong Trust memebership are under the delusion they are helping the club with thier £5 annual subscription which is rather sweet.

There it is again.

Your hatred of them is sweet.

Shows that they're doing something right, because you are going full out on this smear&propaganda campaign. They must be scaring a few people.

D C UTD a few similarities on 08:00 - Oct 14 with 639 viewsKilkennyjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:43 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Could have bought some players and stayed up...?

No fancy words can hide the fact that newly funded Academy only contributed 6 games from Connor during our Premiership years. The last 6 games.

By any measure ‘Missing In Action‘.

Beware of the Risen People

D C UTD a few similarities on 09:10 - Oct 14 with 626 viewsjasper_T

We bought loads of players (and managers). Broke the bank doing it judging by the outstanding payments still on the accounts when we went down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024