Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back 11:38 - Nov 30 with 9924 viewsTheResurrection

It's the Thursday morning after the Monday I was promised I'd hear back, and also 2 days after ECB had his reply.

In keeping with my promise for more transparency and in an attempt to get a reply back from the questions we've asked on here, here is the email exchange from this morning.

On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:53, Nigel Hamer wrote:

Good Morning Chris,

I don't normally have time to read websites, however I was directed to the PS thread yesterday, disappointing.

However, I digress. I have been asked by the Trust Board to contact you regarding your application for one of
the four co-opted posts on the Trust Board.

It is acknowledged that there was no mention of 'interview' in the Notice displayed on the Trust website relating
to this co-option. However, the Sub-Group dealing with this would prefer to speak with you as some of them
probably don't know you. The intention is to have a chat between the 30th November and 10th December, if it
is inconvenient to meet in person, what about WhatsApp or similar.

Let me know if this is convenient, I can then relay back to the Sub-Group who are dealing with this.

regards,

Nigel

--------------

My reply....

Sorry Nigel

I'm not sure I understand? Which thread do you find disappointing and why?

Also, may I ask what has taken so long. Firstly I understood there was no formal or informal interview process, although you've acknowledged this in your email, but I was expecting to hear back latest Monday, as that is what you told me?

I also understand the Swans supporters base have lost out on somebody who could have made a real difference to them through being involved with the Trust, and this has happened on 3 separate occasions, this man is Andrew Cude. And during the 3 occasions he has been rejected the Trust has allowed Board members to continue in their roles ad finitum.

I also understand your good self has been in post for the best part of 17 years. Is this correct and can you understand the supporters anguish when capable people like Mr Cude are being rejected?

I and many other members have asked on Planet Swans for a list of Board members and the time period for which they have served, as there are very legitimate concerns relating to this aspect and the real impact this can have on the Trust's effectiveness. To date we have not received a reply. As Trust secretary could you please provide me with this information.

Also, which Board members are in the sub group that want to interview me. I would guess they'd have a good idea of who I am and what I would stand for but yes, by all means, arrange a whatsapp.

Hope you can answer my queries as soon as possible, Nigel.

Many thanks

Chris.
Cheers

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:42 - Dec 1 with 1392 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:29 - Dec 1 by max936

Been saying that for 18 months mun, never hurts to see it repeated though

You're one of the better posters on here, Max.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:48 - Dec 1 with 1376 viewsswancity

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 16:55 - Dec 1 by MoscowJack

Again, I don't see this as an issue....as long as there's a fair percentage who do engage regularly with social media.

The trick of getting a good Board is in the balance between one extreme and another as well as getting a decent representation of the "average" fan.

Not all of our fans are online (well, not anywhere near as much as we are anyway) and those fans need to be represented on the Board too.

There does need to be a balance so I'm not worried about the fact the Hamer doesn't go online often. I'm worried about far more things than that.

Naive. It's all a part of the mystery and intrigue though. Like selective deafness mun.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:22 - Dec 1 with 1299 viewsMoscowJack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:48 - Dec 1 by swancity

Naive. It's all a part of the mystery and intrigue though. Like selective deafness mun.

Pardon?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 21:52 - Dec 1 with 1192 viewsdameedna

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:42 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're one of the better posters on here, Max.

Dont let it go to your head though.
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:20 - Dec 1 with 1096 viewsNookiejack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:03 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

To be fair, Nookie, in the emails I’ve had from Nigel he’s made it clear that that he’s acting on behalf and on the instruction of the Trust board. I don’t think anything untoward is happening here. It’s part of the board secretary’s role to arrange the logistics around filling the various vacancies on the board. I doubt he’ll be involved in the interviews or have a say on who should be co-opted. That sort of thing would be outside his remit as you say.

As long as it is logistics then you become more comfortable.

What happens if he is the person summarising all the applicants though ECB ?

.....then puts his slant on it when he is not an elected Trust Board member?

He must already have some negative bias towards the Res - from the interchange at the start of this OP.
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:27 - Dec 2 with 941 viewsexiledclaseboy

In the continued spirit of openness, I agreed to a phone or WhatsApp “interview” which will happen at some point next week with three (count ‘em) current Trust board members. I asked what the focus of the “interview” will be. They will be looking to cover my background, skills, understanding of the trust and how I can contribute “going forward”. I only barely stifled a chuckle.

Watch this space.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 23:29]

Poll: Tory leader

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:31 - Dec 2 with 929 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:27 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

In the continued spirit of openness, I agreed to a phone or WhatsApp “interview” which will happen at some point next week with three (count ‘em) current Trust board members. I asked what the focus of the “interview” will be. They will be looking to cover my background, skills, understanding of the trust and how I can contribute “going forward”. I only barely stifled a chuckle.

Watch this space.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 23:29]

Get Archie to do it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:33 - Dec 2 with 925 viewsexiledclaseboy

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:31 - Dec 2 by Darran

Get Archie to do it.

He’s too old and farts a lot.

Login to get fewer ads

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:53 - Dec 2 with 874 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:33 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

He’s too old and farts a lot.

I said Archie not Perchie.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:54 - Dec 2 with 868 viewsexiledclaseboy

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 23:53 - Dec 2 by Darran

I said Archie not Perchie.

Tw@t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024