Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back 11:38 - Nov 30 with 9923 viewsTheResurrection

It's the Thursday morning after the Monday I was promised I'd hear back, and also 2 days after ECB had his reply.

In keeping with my promise for more transparency and in an attempt to get a reply back from the questions we've asked on here, here is the email exchange from this morning.

On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:53, Nigel Hamer wrote:

Good Morning Chris,

I don't normally have time to read websites, however I was directed to the PS thread yesterday, disappointing.

However, I digress. I have been asked by the Trust Board to contact you regarding your application for one of
the four co-opted posts on the Trust Board.

It is acknowledged that there was no mention of 'interview' in the Notice displayed on the Trust website relating
to this co-option. However, the Sub-Group dealing with this would prefer to speak with you as some of them
probably don't know you. The intention is to have a chat between the 30th November and 10th December, if it
is inconvenient to meet in person, what about WhatsApp or similar.

Let me know if this is convenient, I can then relay back to the Sub-Group who are dealing with this.

regards,

Nigel

--------------

My reply....

Sorry Nigel

I'm not sure I understand? Which thread do you find disappointing and why?

Also, may I ask what has taken so long. Firstly I understood there was no formal or informal interview process, although you've acknowledged this in your email, but I was expecting to hear back latest Monday, as that is what you told me?

I also understand the Swans supporters base have lost out on somebody who could have made a real difference to them through being involved with the Trust, and this has happened on 3 separate occasions, this man is Andrew Cude. And during the 3 occasions he has been rejected the Trust has allowed Board members to continue in their roles ad finitum.

I also understand your good self has been in post for the best part of 17 years. Is this correct and can you understand the supporters anguish when capable people like Mr Cude are being rejected?

I and many other members have asked on Planet Swans for a list of Board members and the time period for which they have served, as there are very legitimate concerns relating to this aspect and the real impact this can have on the Trust's effectiveness. To date we have not received a reply. As Trust secretary could you please provide me with this information.

Also, which Board members are in the sub group that want to interview me. I would guess they'd have a good idea of who I am and what I would stand for but yes, by all means, arrange a whatsapp.

Hope you can answer my queries as soon as possible, Nigel.

Many thanks

Chris.
Cheers

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 08:11 - Dec 1 with 1986 viewslonglostjack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 07:31 - Dec 1 by Gowerjack

Clasie

As ever a well written post.

My two penny worth is that the trust need your input now please endure their interview process.

Same thing applies to Lisa and the Res.

Let's crack on.

This

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 08:23 - Dec 1 with 1964 viewsmonmouth

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 07:31 - Dec 1 by Gowerjack

Clasie

As ever a well written post.

My two penny worth is that the trust need your input now please endure their interview process.

Same thing applies to Lisa and the Res.

Let's crack on.

I agree. An interview is a two way process. The 'interview panel individuals' should be asked some very searching questions about their objectives, their views and their motives. They are not interviewing you for a job, you are interviewing them to find out if they are worth saving or throwing to the wolves.

Do it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:29 - Dec 1 with 1762 viewsTheResurrection

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 22:47 - Nov 30 by LeonWasGod

Don't agree with that. He didn't say boo to a goose when he met Dineen - it was all very proper if I remember correctly (as it probably should be and that's not a criticism). All the billy big b0ll0x stuff on here must be a complete front.

The Trust is effectively worth £20m. It needs professional, proven expertise.

Didn't say boo to a goose? WTF are you talking about? I put up on here the whole discussion.

I asked him every single question I'd ever raised on here including I didn't believe how and when he obtained his shares - he got really defensive here and had brought his share certificates.

I told him straight how untoward it was for a Trust Director to become a Board Director

I grilled him on why his machines were in Landore and Fairwood

His remuneration of £92k in the Club accounts

And a whole list of questions people on here asked me to ask him.

I'm interested here as I know you talk shit at the best of times but what did you expect, for me to put him against a wall and stick the head in?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:36 - Dec 1 with 1749 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:29 - Dec 1 by TheResurrection

Didn't say boo to a goose? WTF are you talking about? I put up on here the whole discussion.

I asked him every single question I'd ever raised on here including I didn't believe how and when he obtained his shares - he got really defensive here and had brought his share certificates.

I told him straight how untoward it was for a Trust Director to become a Board Director

I grilled him on why his machines were in Landore and Fairwood

His remuneration of £92k in the Club accounts

And a whole list of questions people on here asked me to ask him.

I'm interested here as I know you talk shit at the best of times but what did you expect, for me to put him against a wall and stick the head in?

What did you say to the two senior Trust board members that you met up with in private a few months ago?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:42 - Dec 1 with 1738 viewsTheResurrection

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:36 - Dec 1 by Darran

What did you say to the two senior Trust board members that you met up with in private a few months ago?

Phil and Stu?

I'm not sure but whatever was on my mind at the time.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:45 - Dec 1 with 1729 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:42 - Dec 1 by TheResurrection

Phil and Stu?

I'm not sure but whatever was on my mind at the time.

Thank you for the polite reply.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:46 - Dec 1 with 1725 viewsTheResurrection

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:45 - Dec 1 by Darran

Thank you for the polite reply.

Why did you ask?

Would you meet someone and act like somebody else?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:49 - Dec 1 with 1715 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:46 - Dec 1 by TheResurrection

Why did you ask?

Would you meet someone and act like somebody else?

No I would not. I never do.
I was just interested in what was said after I remembered you’d met with them after the fella above brought up you meeting with Dineen.

Login to get fewer ads

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:50 - Dec 1 with 1715 viewsAguycalledJack

If the Res et al are not accepted by the board following the interview, have trust members than got the opportunity to table a motion of no confidence against the current trust board and its members? If so, surely that would be the next logical step? it would allow members to vote on appointments to the new board.
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:55 - Dec 1 with 1699 viewsTheResurrection

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:49 - Dec 1 by Darran

No I would not. I never do.
I was just interested in what was said after I remembered you’d met with them after the fella above brought up you meeting with Dineen.

Form memory this was about the sale of shares and no doubt I'd been very vocal on here at the time and Phil and Stu asked to meet. So I went along with a good mate of mine I trust to get his viewpoint and opinion as well.

I was asked to go.

Same with Dineen, I was asked to go, by you!

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:57 - Dec 1 with 1693 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:55 - Dec 1 by TheResurrection

Form memory this was about the sale of shares and no doubt I'd been very vocal on here at the time and Phil and Stu asked to meet. So I went along with a good mate of mine I trust to get his viewpoint and opinion as well.

I was asked to go.

Same with Dineen, I was asked to go, by you!

Lovely stuff.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:47 - Dec 1 with 1615 viewsNookiejack

When / if the interviews are held - who collates the notes and presumably summarises them back to the main Trust Board in respect of each application.

Does a sub-committee of the Trust do this including Nigel Hamer?

Who summarises the main points of the members application (personal statement and telepohone interview?). How this is summarised and presented to the main board - is likely to have a major bearing on who is co-opted.

Nigel Hamer being unelected should be nowhere near this process?
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 14:07 - Dec 1 with 1580 viewsBanosswan

Take a dictaphone

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 15:12 - Dec 1 with 1493 viewsNeath_Jack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 14:07 - Dec 1 by Banosswan

Take a dictaphone

I'm sure Res can use his phone himself, he doesn't need Darran to do it for him

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 15:16 - Dec 1 with 1484 viewsswancity

Call me cynical but they seem to be scheming to find a way to keep certain people away from the Trust. And how is he 'too busy to read websites' ...what bollox that is.
Willing intelligent people who will challenge things are applying and yet they're trying to find a way to make things difficult for them instead of welcoming them into the fold with open arms. More than ever it's closing ranks. Listen lads, you've fooked up time and time again, it's no time to fook it up yet again.

Res : has Hamer replied ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 15:21 - Dec 1 with 1473 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 15:12 - Dec 1 by Neath_Jack

Prick.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 15:24 - Dec 1 with 1466 viewsSoberBaker

Top corner!

AMOW

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 16:03 - Dec 1 with 1411 viewsSwanzay

I find it alarming in 2017 that some members well "most" of the so called trust, still do not utilise social media properly or "deny" it exists or simply avoid, obviously for their own benefits.

Phil in some ways was a cracking example of this during his tenure with his radio silence and he started this forum.
Nigel simply needs close the door behind him and walk away.
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 16:55 - Dec 1 with 1330 viewsMoscowJack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 16:03 - Dec 1 by Swanzay

I find it alarming in 2017 that some members well "most" of the so called trust, still do not utilise social media properly or "deny" it exists or simply avoid, obviously for their own benefits.

Phil in some ways was a cracking example of this during his tenure with his radio silence and he started this forum.
Nigel simply needs close the door behind him and walk away.

Again, I don't see this as an issue....as long as there's a fair percentage who do engage regularly with social media.

The trick of getting a good Board is in the balance between one extreme and another as well as getting a decent representation of the "average" fan.

Not all of our fans are online (well, not anywhere near as much as we are anyway) and those fans need to be represented on the Board too.

There does need to be a balance so I'm not worried about the fact the Hamer doesn't go online often. I'm worried about far more things than that.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 17:18 - Dec 1 with 1286 viewsBanosswan

Supoib

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 17:23 - Dec 1 with 1273 viewsBobby_Fischer

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 16:55 - Dec 1 by MoscowJack

Again, I don't see this as an issue....as long as there's a fair percentage who do engage regularly with social media.

The trick of getting a good Board is in the balance between one extreme and another as well as getting a decent representation of the "average" fan.

Not all of our fans are online (well, not anywhere near as much as we are anyway) and those fans need to be represented on the Board too.

There does need to be a balance so I'm not worried about the fact the Hamer doesn't go online often. I'm worried about far more things than that.

Have to disagree, if the Trust want to up their membership with young fans (the future of the club) then social media is pivotal in this - and best of all its free, so there is no excuse.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 17:42 - Dec 1 with 1224 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 17:23 - Dec 1 by Bobby_Fischer

Have to disagree, if the Trust want to up their membership with young fans (the future of the club) then social media is pivotal in this - and best of all its free, so there is no excuse.

They have a group on Facebook with 5,000+ fans, and whenever I do click on it and take a look, it is shocking how many in that group have no idea what went on regarding the sale, the vote by members and other big matters.

It is appalling how they have not made any effort what so ever to unite the fan base and make sure every fan is up to speed with what went on.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 17:54 - Dec 1 with 1204 viewsSwanzay

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 16:55 - Dec 1 by MoscowJack

Your totally missing my point MJ, I'm trying to highlight that the Trust must see the Tsunami coming from the fans as it has been for some time. Due to lack of transparency or blissful ignorance.

Whilst their inflatable beach dinghy and self indulgence knows no bounds it seems.

Communication and strategy from the Trust has been farcical for a number of years, no one can deny that.
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:03 - Dec 1 with 1185 viewsexiledclaseboy

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:47 - Dec 1 by Nookiejack

When / if the interviews are held - who collates the notes and presumably summarises them back to the main Trust Board in respect of each application.

Does a sub-committee of the Trust do this including Nigel Hamer?

Who summarises the main points of the members application (personal statement and telepohone interview?). How this is summarised and presented to the main board - is likely to have a major bearing on who is co-opted.

Nigel Hamer being unelected should be nowhere near this process?

To be fair, Nookie, in the emails I’ve had from Nigel he’s made it clear that that he’s acting on behalf and on the instruction of the Trust board. I don’t think anything untoward is happening here. It’s part of the board secretary’s role to arrange the logistics around filling the various vacancies on the board. I doubt he’ll be involved in the interviews or have a say on who should be co-opted. That sort of thing would be outside his remit as you say.

Poll: Tory leader

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:29 - Dec 1 with 1145 viewsmax936

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 17:42 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They have a group on Facebook with 5,000+ fans, and whenever I do click on it and take a look, it is shocking how many in that group have no idea what went on regarding the sale, the vote by members and other big matters.

It is appalling how they have not made any effort what so ever to unite the fan base and make sure every fan is up to speed with what went on.

Been saying that for 18 months mun, never hurts to see it repeated though

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024