Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curt 21:06 - Jan 4 with 42325 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Curt on 15:13 - Jan 5 with 2497 viewswaynekerr55

Curt on 14:53 - Jan 5 by Landore_Jack

What about the future of coach Paul Williams, who was brought in Bob Bradley?

He’s in a similar situation as Alan. He will have discussions with Huw about the possibility of another role.

Head chef?

maître d'hôtel?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Curt on 15:15 - Jan 5 with 2484 viewsjack247

He’s in a similar situation as Alan. He will have discussions with Huw about the possibility of another role.

He hasn't exactly been ripping up trees. I'd imagine he will be gone soon
Curt on 15:16 - Jan 5 with 2470 viewsmajorraglan

Curt on 14:49 - Jan 5 by Glyn1

But it doesn't sound as if "Curtis was sacked in a text message" - more like it that Jenkins was trying to keep Alan informed about what the new manager is considering, and Curt's son reacting to that text?

I would have thought a phone call would be more appropriate than a text if that's what's happened, It would be courtesy and ensure there in no confusion or misunderstandings etc. That's is my view.

PC has every right to pick his own team of coaches, he is the one who is in the firing line and who will be held to account. I have no issues with replacing any of the existing coaches if that's what PC wants to do, nor do I want to see a jobs for the boys culture emerging, any appointments have to be on merit.
Curt on 15:18 - Jan 5 with 2454 viewsbiggar

"Job for life" and "assistant coach for life" are two very different things. Clement should be able to choose who he wants alongside him from the very start.
Curt on 15:26 - Jan 5 with 2384 viewsjack247

Curt on 15:16 - Jan 5 by majorraglan

I would have thought a phone call would be more appropriate than a text if that's what's happened, It would be courtesy and ensure there in no confusion or misunderstandings etc. That's is my view.

PC has every right to pick his own team of coaches, he is the one who is in the firing line and who will be held to account. I have no issues with replacing any of the existing coaches if that's what PC wants to do, nor do I want to see a jobs for the boys culture emerging, any appointments have to be on merit.

Judging by the way he came down from the stands and all but took charge against Palace, I doubt he minds whose toes he steps on. As long as he is competent in his role, I can only see that as a positive to be honest.

I'd hope that if Curt was removed from role against his wishes, that it was done on the right way and as the club have said, he is given a role.

Clement seems focused, determined and ruthless. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Curt on 15:31 - Jan 5 with 2342 viewsskippyjack

Curt on 15:16 - Jan 5 by majorraglan

It's Huw Jenkins we're talking about.. his lazy ways have no bounds.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Curt on 15:40 - Jan 5 with 2290 viewsLandore_Jack

Clement is asked whether there could still be a role for Alan Curtis working along side the first team players.

He could still have influence with them, he won’t be on the training field and he won’t be on bench, but we want him around and having that communication with players. I really hope he finds a role he’s happy with at Swansea.

#backtojack

Curt on 15:47 - Jan 5 with 2232 viewsraynor94

If he's on gardening leave, he will be gone by the weekend(thank god)

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Curt on 16:07 - Jan 5 with 2126 viewsLeonWasGod

Curt on 15:47 - Jan 5 by raynor94

If he's on gardening leave, he will be gone by the weekend(thank god)

I didn't think at the time that Bob had much to do with Williams coming in. Bob was asked if it was his choice, and he palmed it off saying something like 'er, yeah, sure, he's someone we've been looking at for a long time'. So I doubt it was Bob's choice as he'd only just turned up here.
Curt on 16:07 - Jan 5 with 2119 viewsSwaneeRiver

Thanks Curt for all you have done for the club from the early seventies when I first watched you perform your magic on the pitch through to Tuesday night wnen you were instrumental in getting us three vital points.
You care about this club as much as anyone and the Oxford English Dictionary should define Legend by two words - Alan Curtis.
It's time to hang up the kettle and take a well earned rest, before taking up a role for life as Ambassador of Swansea City.
All the best YJB
Curt on 16:20 - Jan 5 with 2052 viewswaynekerr55

Curt on 15:26 - Jan 5 by jack247

Judging by the way he came down from the stands and all but took charge against Palace, I doubt he minds whose toes he steps on. As long as he is competent in his role, I can only see that as a positive to be honest.

I'd hope that if Curt was removed from role against his wishes, that it was done on the right way and as the club have said, he is given a role.

Clement seems focused, determined and ruthless. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Word on the street is that it wasn't PC that sent the text.

We really do attract the biggest f*ckwits as employees at our club, don't we?

First the Dineen appointment fiasco, now this?

Colossal f*cking biffs (Hunt, 2016) are ten to a penny at the Liberty

Curt on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 2026 viewsSwaneeRiver

Curt on 16:20 - Jan 5 by waynekerr55

I would have thought that PC would have sought Alan out after the game to explain his plans.
The fact that doesn't seem to have happened is disgraceful, however if PC is to turn this mess of a team around then he has to be allowed to choose his own staff, not just keep using Alan out of sentimentality
Curt on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 1975 viewsattila_the_hun

how can PC say things like "a job for life" ? Curt has always been and always will be connected to Swansea
PC could well be gone in 10 months time

"I'm Free"

Curt on 16:51 - Jan 5 with 1908 viewsLoyal

We have to move on. Alan has had a wonderful career, a man who I admire and respect greatly. He will never go short, has been very well paid and no matter what job he does in the club he will always pay his gas bill.
Lovely position to be in, for life at Swansea - be it on the door or on the road. Or just being Alan.
Either way, may I suggest a testimonial ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Curt on 17:01 - Jan 5 with 1861 viewsLandore_Jack

Curt on 16:20 - Jan 5 by waynekerr55

Some posters do not see an isssue with the club sending AC a text. Unbelievable!

That's if the reports are true of course.

#backtojack

Curt on 17:03 - Jan 5 with 1842 viewsNeathJack

Curt on 16:51 - Jan 5 by Loyal

We have to move on. Alan has had a wonderful career, a man who I admire and respect greatly. He will never go short, has been very well paid and no matter what job he does in the club he will always pay his gas bill.
Lovely position to be in, for life at Swansea - be it on the door or on the road. Or just being Alan.
Either way, may I suggest a testimonial ?

Another one?
Curt on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 1767 viewsAngelRangelQS

Curt on 16:36 - Jan 5 by attila_the_hun

how can PC say things like "a job for life" ? Curt has always been and always will be connected to Swansea
PC could well be gone in 10 months time

He said that HJ said that AC had a job for life. It's clearly not PC turning up on day 2 saying that he can personally guarantee AC a job for life.

Don't let that get in the way of bashing PC before he's even started though.

The mock outrage of this is ridiculous. Is AC even qualified to be a first team coach at a Premier League club? What badges does he hold? Why wasn't he coaching the first team under Jackett (?), Martinez, Sousa or Rodgers down in the lower leagues?

If he's been told by text then nobody knows the context or whether there was a string of texts.

I appreciate that there are some major concerns with the old board, etc. and I share those but why can't people just get behind the club now without finding fault with everything they do?
Curt on 17:22 - Jan 5 with 1711 viewsGlyn1

Curt on 17:01 - Jan 5 by Landore_Jack

Some posters do not see an isssue with the club sending AC a text. Unbelievable!

Who has said that it was the club who sent AC a text?

So far people on this thread have said that it was sent by Huw Jenkins, or sent by Paul Clement.

(We do like a good gossip with zero knowledge, don't we.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Curt on 17:24 - Jan 5 with 1699 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Curt had a text off the club and is a bit p!ssed off with it (rightly so )

So hes told his mate in the press

It's that simple really .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Curt on 17:25 - Jan 5 with 1693 viewsLandore_Jack

Curt on 17:22 - Jan 5 by Glyn1

So far people on this thread have said that it was sent by Huw Jenkins, or sent by Paul Clement.

Sorry, HJ!!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 17:32]

#backtojack

Curt on 18:45 - Jan 5 with 1499 viewswaynekerr55

Curt on 17:22 - Jan 5 by Glyn1

Well he was informed by text and it wasn't Paul Clement.

Clement didn't want him but someone acted (again) without thinking

Curt on 18:45 - Jan 5 with 1499 viewsSwansNZ

Curt on 17:01 - Jan 5 by Landore_Jack

I think this is the only issue.
I’ve no problem with moving Curtis aside, in fact, it's probably for the best, but Huw should have told him face to face or at least phone him (assuming he did not). You’d have to be a sh1t of the highest order not to do that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Curt on 18:59 - Jan 5 with 1412 viewsmax936

Curt on 18:45 - Jan 5 by SwansNZ

I think this is the only issue.
I’ve no problem with moving Curtis aside, in fact, it's probably for the best, but Huw should have told him face to face or at least phone him (assuming he did not). You’d have to be a sh1t of the highest order not to do that.

If Curt was texted to say that he won't be involved in first team affairs is way out of order, to do that to a man who would give his time for nothing to help the Swans is incredible if its true, Paul Clement will want his own team around him and that's proper and correct and he clearly wouldn't have texted him to tell him.
If whoever did they should be shown the door themselves, Curt deserves the utmost respect from everyone at SCFC and should be told about the plans involving the coaching setup privately and in person.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Curt on 19:02 - Jan 5 with 1387 viewsDarran

Curt on 18:59 - Jan 5 by max936

If Curt was texted to say that he won't be involved in first team affairs is way out of order, to do that to a man who would give his time for nothing to help the Swans is incredible if its true, Paul Clement will want his own team around him and that's proper and correct and he clearly wouldn't have texted him to tell him.
If whoever did they should be shown the door themselves, Curt deserves the utmost respect from everyone at SCFC and should be told about the plans involving the coaching setup privately and in person.

The problem is it'll all be forgotten when we kick off against Arsenal.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Curt on 19:09 - Jan 5 with 1342 viewsmax936

Curt on 19:02 - Jan 5 by Darran

The problem is it'll all be forgotten when we kick off against Arsenal.

I'm not so sure if he has been treated that badly, the Club need to spell it out, I'm ashamed for my club if what has been suggested has happened to be honest, things have happened in the past that have been unpalatable [Guidolin as one example] but to do it to a man of Curts credentials is beyond the pale and I'm sure a few chants of Curts name will be heard.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024