Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come home Jon De Guzman. 12:43 - Jan 12 with 29862 viewsItchySphincter

Perfect, inexpensive and interested.

Undo some of the damage of the last 18 months.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 18:29 - Jan 12 with 1990 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:51 - Jan 12 by VetchitBack

Why does disliking someone for a marked lack of courage automatically mean you want Lee Cattermole?

Hmmmm....maybe football's not your thing.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:08 - Jan 12 with 1920 viewsStarsky

Why does disliking someone for a marked lack of courage automatically mean you want Lee Cattermole?

Nobody mentioned Cattermole. I'm talking about the calls for a battler in midfield.
We need creativity.

It's just the internet, init.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:11 - Jan 12 with 1909 viewsperchrockjack

Cliff Jones looked fit before the Spurs Leicester game.

Could still do a job

Cheap, and a real Jack ,by birth and upbringing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:16 - Jan 12 with 1883 viewsDr_Winston

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:16 - Jan 12 by Uxbridge

This grafter argument is a bit odd. We're not going to get out of this hole by kicking our way out of it. We need to return to our principles and get back to the style that got us to where we are, or at least an approximation of it before we can sort it out properly.

If that means bringing back one or even more of our previous performers then so be it. There's a few I wouldn't mind see returning, and Johnny D's definitely one of them.

Typical British football fan mentality.

Skill and ability come way behind Getting stuck into 'em! on the desirability scale.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:19 - Jan 12 with 1859 viewsVetchitBack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:08 - Jan 12 by Starsky

Nobody mentioned Cattermole. I'm talking about the calls for a battler in midfield.
We need creativity.

We need a ball winner actually and we need creativity (though having a striker with a footballing brain may sort a lot of that out IMO) but I don't think we can afford any more lightweight midfield shirkers right now.

De Guzman like Allen actually was never one to turn to when the chips were down.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:19 - Jan 12 with 1856 viewstrampie

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:16 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

Skill and ability come way behind Getting stuck into 'em! on the desirability scale.

Yip

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:35 - Jan 12 with 1812 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:16 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

Yeah, cause that's wat l said innit who's gonna win the ball to start the creativity, your wingers and Am give the creativity, your back 4 defend your Dm break up the opo and your cm wins the ball and starts it all, Sunday is a bad example to use l know but nobody did it then and think Leicester and Bournemouth in that too. Even Barcelona have got a player like that in the croatian, and they've got plenty of creativity, Barca are a bad example to use l know, but l sure a football man like you can see my point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:42 - Jan 12 with 1783 viewsexiledclaseboy

Underrated footballing genius or overrated, lightweight fop. I'm somewhere in the middle, veering more towards the latter purely because of the ridiculous pedestal he's put on by the same people who thought Canas was a better footballer than Britton. Decent player, shithouse. Meh if he comes back but it's not something I'll worry about either way.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 1761 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:42 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

Underrated footballing genius or overrated, lightweight fop. I'm somewhere in the middle, veering more towards the latter purely because of the ridiculous pedestal he's put on by the same people who thought Canas was a better footballer than Britton. Decent player, shithouse. Meh if he comes back but it's not something I'll worry about either way.

How very dare you! I was always adamant that Canas was shite!

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 1736 viewsDafyddHuw

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 13:21 - Jan 12 by Lohengrin

He's tremendous at set-pieces and looks like a young Smokey Robinson. What's not to like?

"a young Smokey Robinson"

Excellent spot. Post of the Year.

Meanwhile.....
I love JdG. Just think he may be a luxury buy in our present predicament. Would rather we spunk our money on one really class centre forward than spread over 2 or 3 players.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:56 - Jan 12 with 1721 viewsPozuelosSideys

Why are people going on about "battling" and bringing in defensive midfielders? We have two of them already. Our problem is creating and scoring goals - we are the second lowest at that in the division.

We just sold one of our creative players - dont think the likes of De Jong will be creating anything. Shelvey needs to be replaced with an attack-minded player - JDG is a flat track bully who chips in with goals - exactly what we need.

"Battling?" *guffaw*.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:12 - Jan 12 with 1682 viewstaff999555

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:17 - Jan 12 with 1666 viewsAngelRangelQS

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:56 - Jan 12 by PozuelosSideys

Why are people going on about "battling" and bringing in defensive midfielders? We have two of them already. Our problem is creating and scoring goals - we are the second lowest at that in the division.

We just sold one of our creative players - dont think the likes of De Jong will be creating anything. Shelvey needs to be replaced with an attack-minded player - JDG is a flat track bully who chips in with goals - exactly what we need.

"Battling?" *guffaw*.

People think we need someone with the guts and bottle for a relegation battle. It necessarily mean that they have to love a tackle and throw themselves about though.

Whilst we do need players who will scrap for every ball, we don't need 11 of them. Players with composure and who can deliver when things are going against us are just as important. My view would be that DeGuzman could provide that.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:35 - Jan 12 with 1632 viewsPozuelosSideys

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:17 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

People think we need someone with the guts and bottle for a relegation battle. It necessarily mean that they have to love a tackle and throw themselves about though.

Whilst we do need players who will scrap for every ball, we don't need 11 of them. Players with composure and who can deliver when things are going against us are just as important. My view would be that DeGuzman could provide that.

Yep.

Turning into a direct "battling" side is what put us in this position. How about we play our way out of trouble like we have done for years. As you say, JDG would be a good start.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:41 - Jan 12 with 1599 viewsstonedroses

as someone mentioned further down great player when things are going well but heart in a relegation scrap? i dont know. if bellamy had punched me in the back of the head in a derby match id of jumped up and bitten the horrible c###s nose off.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:45 - Jan 12 with 1564 viewsKingBony

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:15 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

I'm going to start sining "oh Jonny de guzman, oh jonny de guzman" until the whole Liberty joins in tomorrow.

I'll do it with you fathy, I'll shout it from the west, the east, the south and wherever else is required until he comes home.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:45 - Jan 12 with 1565 viewsnantywatcher

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:41 - Jan 12 by stonedroses

as someone mentioned further down great player when things are going well but heart in a relegation scrap? i dont know. if bellamy had punched me in the back of the head in a derby match id of jumped up and bitten the horrible c###s nose off.

That's a straight yellow card!
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:47 - Jan 12 with 1558 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:17 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

Where do we play him then, on the left of the diamond when we play that way, left midfield if we play a 3,5,2 which we don't? he can't play box to box for the reasons I mentioned, people are misreading what I'm saying, its got to be the way I'm wording it, it must be, you can play a CM that'll be solid/battle in the middle and who can still create, bad examples maybe. but a Jordan Henderson, Gareth Barry type.

I think its easier for me to give up now and join the campaign for the re signing of JDG,

COME HOME jONNY BOYO
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 20:50]

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:49 - Jan 12 with 1541 viewsDr_Winston

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:47 - Jan 12 by max936

Where do we play him then, on the left of the diamond when we play that way, left midfield if we play a 3,5,2 which we don't? he can't play box to box for the reasons I mentioned, people are misreading what I'm saying, its got to be the way I'm wording it, it must be, you can play a CM that'll be solid/battle in the middle and who can still create, bad examples maybe. but a Jordan Henderson, Gareth Barry type.

I think its easier for me to give up now and join the campaign for the re signing of JDG,

COME HOME jONNY BOYO
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 20:50]

Let us hope we never play the diamond again...

No. At CM in a 4-5-1/4-3-3. Where he was so effective and influential for us the last time around.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:50 - Jan 12 with 1531 viewsexiledclaseboy

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:49 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

No. At CM in a 4-5-1/4-3-3. Where he was so effective and influential for us the last time around.

Occasionally. When he wasn't MIA.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:50 - Jan 12 with 1527 viewsKingBony

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 19:56 - Jan 12 by PozuelosSideys

"Battling?" *guffaw*.

I love a good flat track bully.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:52 - Jan 12 with 1510 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:49 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

You win and my Mothers called me in for my tea, I'm taking my ball with me though

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:54 - Jan 12 with 1492 viewsexiledclaseboy

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:52 - Jan 12 by max936

You win and my Mothers called me in for my tea, I'm taking my ball with me though

Don't be bullied, Max. Dr WoB has got an unhealthy infatuation with our erstwhile lightweight Dutch-Canadian friend.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 1453 viewsDr_Winston

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:54 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

Don't be bullied, Max. Dr WoB has got an unhealthy infatuation with our erstwhile lightweight Dutch-Canadian friend.

That's the sort of thing Darran would say.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 21:05 - Jan 12 with 1435 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 20:54 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks for covering my back Andrew, could have done with you earlier though, I was pinned down in an ambush, all I had was my revolver.

We missed a trick in not insisting that Newcastle swap Shelvey for Wijnaldum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024