Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feeling strangely positive 22:10 - Apr 14 with 6347 viewsShun

Sometimes you just have to say we were beaten by the better side. We didn't play badly at all tonight - indeed, with a bit more luck we could've easily scored a few more goals - but Swindon were fantastic. We can't hold that against our club.

I've happily given up on the play-offs now. I'm looking to next season and I feel excited and very positive that we'll have another great season.
Feeling strangely positive on 22:13 - Apr 14 with 4903 viewsSuddenLad

Spot on.

Next season is already in the minds of many and I include those at the club in that. No-one will 'give up' this season, because that's not the way things are under Keith Hill. It will be played properly until the last lick of the last game.

I'm looking forward to next season already and expect it to match this season at the very least.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Feeling strangely positive on 22:16 - Apr 14 with 4871 views442Dale

Hill was soundly out-thought tonight. Cooper's tactics were incredibly brave and paid off. We had chances but they went out with the theory that they'd out score us.

One proper centre half with two full backs alongside him and four forwards every time they went forward was great to watch... And the line centre half stormed forward to create the second.

Don't get why we started with Bennett at LB, a square peg too far, and the choice to stick Rafferty in midfield rather than going to three at the back earlier was an error, but Swindon would probably have won whatever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Feeling strangely positive on 22:19 - Apr 14 with 4815 viewsdilleydaler

Do we think if Keith Hill was the managing director we'd be thinking 2,300 when we are in our highest ever league position is a good gate? I don't think so.
Feeling strangely positive on 22:20 - Apr 14 with 4800 viewsKenBoon

A pasting is good for the soul.
Also at least we're not one of the sixty-eight thousand Bratfut fans who'll be hurting even more.
Feeling strangely positive on 22:25 - Apr 14 with 4743 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Feeling strangely positive on 22:20 - Apr 14 by KenBoon

A pasting is good for the soul.
Also at least we're not one of the sixty-eight thousand Bratfut fans who'll be hurting even more.

At least there was not much "Waiting" to see we had lost!

Feel bit sorry for KH at times - If only we had crowds of 5k or so

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Feeling strangely positive on 22:25 - Apr 14 with 4739 viewsD_Alien

Agree with everything posted above, and that strangely positive feeling was in evidence at the end of the game (if not throughout) by the lasting applause and UpTheDales from the crowd, which I'm sure the players and I hope the management appreciated.

Swindon were clearly a cut above us, and deserve to be where they are in the league. I'd put them above Preston in terms of ability, though they might lack a bit of grit - we might have been a goal or even two up before they scored! Their first came after Hendo tried a trick too many just outside their box, and ten seconds later the ball was nestling in the back of our net. After that, it was a bit of a procession. Not having Bennett in front of the back four showed how valuable he is in that position as the gaping holes appeared down the middle. But these are all pretty self-evident details.

I'm proud of the way we just got on with the game and even though it resembled a training session at times in the second half, I found it oddly entertaining and worth the entrance money more than some home victories I've been to!

[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 22:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Feeling strangely positive on 22:28 - Apr 14 with 4691 viewsdingdangblue

Feeling strangely positive on 22:19 - Apr 14 by dilleydaler

Do we think if Keith Hill was the managing director we'd be thinking 2,300 when we are in our highest ever league position is a good gate? I don't think so.

Its not our highest ever league position ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Feeling strangely positive on 22:33 - Apr 14 with 4627 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes , we were unlucky with Rose hitting the woodwork, Hendo doing his magic trick by chipping it against the woodwork and a good shout for handball in the box.

But they had more quality. They were even better at triangles than us !!!!

Everything they touched turned to gold and it was their night.

If we win all our games it might happen, but I won't be putting any money on it.

Yes, a fantastic season and one which will set us up very nicely for the next. Getting stronger and stronger.

I agree, I can't wait.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 22:34]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Feeling strangely positive on 22:40 - Apr 14 with 4554 viewsYouTubeDale

Oh, and we must work on our offsides. Far too many against us.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Feeling strangely positive on 22:45 - Apr 14 with 4521 viewsdilleydaler

Feeling strangely positive on 22:28 - Apr 14 by dingdangblue

Its not our highest ever league position ?

Any reflections on the substantive point?
Feeling strangely positive on 22:49 - Apr 14 with 4482 viewsD_Alien

Feeling strangely positive on 22:45 - Apr 14 by dilleydaler

Any reflections on the substantive point?

We've been substantively reflecting on it for the past five years at least, thanks.

Feeling strangely positive on 22:52 - Apr 14 with 4451 viewsdilleydaler

Feeling strangely positive on 22:49 - Apr 14 by D_Alien

We've been substantively reflecting on it for the past five years at least, thanks.

Any conclusions?
Feeling strangely positive on 22:56 - Apr 14 with 4419 viewsD_Alien

Feeling strangely positive on 22:52 - Apr 14 by dilleydaler

Any conclusions?

Not tonight, josephine

Feeling strangely positive on 23:02 - Apr 14 with 4382 viewsolympicdale

No shame at all, Swindon are a class above anything seen this season. They just always seemed to have a lot of time on the ball, fantastic one touch passing, certainly a style Hill would want want to implement here.

Life is a game of fate.

Feeling strangely positive on 23:31 - Apr 14 with 4248 viewsdingdangblue

Feeling strangely positive on 22:16 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

Hill was soundly out-thought tonight. Cooper's tactics were incredibly brave and paid off. We had chances but they went out with the theory that they'd out score us.

One proper centre half with two full backs alongside him and four forwards every time they went forward was great to watch... And the line centre half stormed forward to create the second.

Don't get why we started with Bennett at LB, a square peg too far, and the choice to stick Rafferty in midfield rather than going to three at the back earlier was an error, but Swindon would probably have won whatever.

Couldn't you say that Hills tactics and team selection were good enough to carve open Swindon more than enough times in the 1st half also? Bad finishing and a coat of paint on the woodwork and Hilly is the brave tactical genius who's team have just scored 4 1st half goals? (Swindon were a very classy team though after that opener).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Feeling strangely positive on 23:39 - Apr 14 with 4205 views442Dale

Feeling strangely positive on 23:31 - Apr 14 by dingdangblue

Couldn't you say that Hills tactics and team selection were good enough to carve open Swindon more than enough times in the 1st half also? Bad finishing and a coat of paint on the woodwork and Hilly is the brave tactical genius who's team have just scored 4 1st half goals? (Swindon were a very classy team though after that opener).

That's why I said Cooper was brave, he knew they'd give up opportunities but that they'd create their own. After the first goal we didnt react to the issue of them flooding forward with so many men, it took until half time but by then it was too late.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Feeling strangely positive on 23:48 - Apr 14 with 4160 viewsdingdangblue

Feeling strangely positive on 23:39 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

That's why I said Cooper was brave, he knew they'd give up opportunities but that they'd create their own. After the first goal we didnt react to the issue of them flooding forward with so many men, it took until half time but by then it was too late.

They are in a great position of being guaranteed play offs minimum and they probably feel Preston won't drop enough points to lose 2nd spot so in theory they are just going out and playing high risk with nothing to lose - it showed tonight as they tore us apart at times. Cracking game to watch.

Feeling strangely positive on 00:05 - Apr 15 with 4113 viewsTVOS1907

Feeling strangely positive on 23:48 - Apr 14 by dingdangblue

They are in a great position of being guaranteed play offs minimum and they probably feel Preston won't drop enough points to lose 2nd spot so in theory they are just going out and playing high risk with nothing to lose - it showed tonight as they tore us apart at times. Cracking game to watch.

After tonight they have made up two points on Preston, have a game in hand and play them a week on Saturday. That late own goal might prove crucial in terms of goal difference.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Feeling strangely positive on 07:49 - Apr 15 with 3884 viewsfitzochris

Feeling strangely positive on 22:16 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

That echoes what my chums said, albeit nobody was happy with being 4-1 down at half time (harder for me as I was just getting updates from them and Twitter about goals flying in with no real context).

It just goes to show that we cannot afford to get comfortable at this level, as there are still teams that are capable of destroying us in this fashion. Swindon might have been guilty of taking us a bit too lightly in the reverse fixture but it sounds like they came to us determined to outscore us this time round, fully aware of our where our strengths and weaknesses lie.

Again, I repeat, we are not the finished article this season. We went off half cocked and have been patching holes ever since (albeit we have done this very well).

Come the start of next season, I expect Hill to have addressed the complaints of this season (which I'm sure he shares privately) and I expect to see the Academy graduates as fully-fledged members of the squad, with more coming through to perform roles similar to those this season.

As said elsewhere, that's not to say we're to roll over between now and the season's end. It's been a fantastic effort from everyone on the field and I'll be there at the MK Dons game to show my appreciation.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Feeling strangely positive on 08:33 - Apr 15 with 3782 viewsSwissdale

Would like to largely echo the sentiments of the OP. Disappointed that our season is now pretty much over, but proud of the performance last night. The lads knew we pretty much had to win last night, and put in 100% from the first whistle.

Defence looked a bit ropy last night against a strong and powerful attack, and highlights the need for a centre back to be brought in this summer.

We are still on course for our highest ever finish, and if we keep the youth players' development on this trajectory, as well as bringing in three or four players in Key positions (GK, CB and LW/CF for me are crucial) and we will have a really competitive team next year.

Up the Dale.
Feeling strangely positive on 08:43 - Apr 15 with 3745 viewsaleanddale

Yep also feeling great today ( very positive )

thought the crowd was magnificent 0-4 down and still behing the lads.

what a strange 1st half could easily have been 3-3.

goals change games.

a very good Bunny chance... Rose tipped onto the bar and Hendos chip.... throw in the blatent pen ( Handball ) and 0-4 was VERY very harsh.

thought we matched Swindon for long periods and the fact they are a very good side only relects well on our young guns.

who knows we might win at Gillingham and Chesterfield MIGHT slip up.

Then we win our game in hand??

stranger things have happened in Football but it looks a tough ask from here now.

VERY VERY Happy Dale fan...

never known a home crowd cheer as much at full time in defeat.... fantastic effort.
Feeling strangely positive on 08:53 - Apr 15 with 3727 viewsParkinsGimp

We have been fortunate this season, Swindon are one of a handful of teams that are good and can play football, the rest are mediocre. We got outplayed last night no problem, that happens. My concern is next season, I am not as optomistic as most of you. I can see a lot of the mediocre teams improving , and the division becoming much harder. We need to improve to stay afloat. Of the signings this season, only one is of League One quality( Dawson) , we also need to go out full stop to aquire Conrad Logan. The young ones who have come in are not good enough Callam Camps may make it , but sorry Logan isnt up to speed. Cannon and Tanser are ok, Bunney must go. The other signings TBH have been awful, well below Hills usual standard. Andrew, RNL , Brandy, McGinty, Muldoon no thanks. We also desperately need a good solid centre half.
We have the money , we must invest to at least stay were we are. Lets keep attaining 7/8/9th for a few years , establish ourselves , then kick on.
It can be done. We should not look at ourselves as Little Old Rochdale!
Feeling strangely positive on 09:03 - Apr 15 with 3693 viewsSwissdale

Feeling strangely positive on 08:53 - Apr 15 by ParkinsGimp

We have been fortunate this season, Swindon are one of a handful of teams that are good and can play football, the rest are mediocre. We got outplayed last night no problem, that happens. My concern is next season, I am not as optomistic as most of you. I can see a lot of the mediocre teams improving , and the division becoming much harder. We need to improve to stay afloat. Of the signings this season, only one is of League One quality( Dawson) , we also need to go out full stop to aquire Conrad Logan. The young ones who have come in are not good enough Callam Camps may make it , but sorry Logan isnt up to speed. Cannon and Tanser are ok, Bunney must go. The other signings TBH have been awful, well below Hills usual standard. Andrew, RNL , Brandy, McGinty, Muldoon no thanks. We also desperately need a good solid centre half.
We have the money , we must invest to at least stay were we are. Lets keep attaining 7/8/9th for a few years , establish ourselves , then kick on.

Can I ask you a serious question? What planet are you on?

Logan isn't up to speed? He's played about 5 games and looked good in all of them. Cannon has been one of , if not the most consistent player for the past couple of months.

Agree that some of the signings have been flops, but that is always the case for any club. With the money we have, and the position we will finish in I have 100% faith in Keith Hill to bring in the quality we need to develop.
Feeling strangely positive on 09:46 - Apr 15 with 3609 viewsDaleiLama

Gutsy performance against another quick team. Thought we had the better of it for the first 20 mins, but then we were outplayed for the rest of the half when it was over as a contest. Swindon looked so much more lively than Preston. Players turning on a sixpence, lovely through balls, surging runs. Thought we gave them too much space sometimes and failed to close down, but we didn't lose through lack of trying and no doubt the better team on the day won. Still, 5-6 on aggregate to a team which ought to go up. There is a gap between Swindon and Dale but not a chasm.

Crowd got behind the lads, but for a game of that magnitude (last roll of the dice for the season really) Frances must have wondered just what she has taken on. Maybe she'll be given a budget to hire a Sherpa as an assistant?!?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Feeling strangely positive on 10:52 - Apr 15 with 3494 viewsJimmyRustler

Feeling strangely positive on 08:53 - Apr 15 by ParkinsGimp

Andy Cannon is rapidly turning into one of our best players no matter where he plays on the field. With a bit of luck, him and Allen are going to make us an absolute fortune in the future.

It's a long long time since I've seen two players with as much potential as these two have.

Logan has done very well this season and Camps has been a bit in and out but he's shown glimpses of why he's so highly regarded.

For me, despite our excellent showing in the league and to some extent to the FA Cup again, the most pleasing thing this season has been the successful integration of youth players into the squad.
Cast your mind back a few years and we were all asking the same question, 'If the youth team is so successful then why aren't we seeing any of the players step up?' I think it's quite clear now that we were simply biding our time and waiting for the right moment. Full credit to the youth coaching staff because they've got it absolutely spot on and we are starting to reap the rewards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024