Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium issue... 12:24 - May 1 with 5845 viewsMorSwan

Surely I am not the only person that feels expanding the stadium is a massive mistake in relation to the growth of the club? Our away attendances are poor, but home games yes, are considerably better but wouldn't it make more sense investing in the team to ensure our status?

What's the point in expanding when relegation looms for us? We just about stayed up this season and we all know if we had gone down the home attendance would have dropped, making it completely pointless to expand.

We should ensure our team is strong, as strong as an Everton before we start considering spending money on things like this.

Darlington not so long ago built a brand new stadium and look at them now. They don't even exist anymore and there's a stadium sitting there. Money should be spent elsewhere on more important things, the team.

Poll: What striker would you want?

New Stadium issue... on 13:36 - May 1 with 1365 viewsjaf69

im sorry I don't see any logic in the OP. how are we going to grow to be a club like everton without stadium expansion? they can afford to attract bigger players with bigger salaries because they have more paying customers then us and have done for a very long time. the fact is you cannot compare our club to everton on any lvl. maybe one day we will have as big a history of achievements and as big a fan base as they do but that's only going to be done with investment in the future with a cup half full rather then half empty approach.
New Stadium issue... on 13:37 - May 1 with 1365 viewsMorSwan

New Stadium issue... on 13:35 - May 1 by DrWig

There's some good points in there- I went to Hull recently-the KC is about 27000 capacity with I reckon a similar fan base yo us-meaning 20 quid for adults and 5/10 quid for kids for a low profile team like us (or indeed vice versa). Such flexibility allows occasional attendance and makes it affordable. So I took the kids there as it was still much cheaper doing the 250 mile round trip (50 quid fuel and parking, 30 quid tickets ) than the 25 mile one to Everton (80 quid or more for tickets 20 quid fuel and parking).

We are stuck until we expand.

Why wouldn't you travel with the supporters trust? Isn't it £20?

Poll: What striker would you want?

New Stadium issue... on 13:41 - May 1 with 1363 viewsNOTRAC

Can Morswan explain to me what club growth is.

Is it wondering every year whether we are going to be relegated or not?
Is it making £15m profit so that we can pay our directors nice fat bonuses.
Should we be in this League at all?
There is a mention of Everton.They are actually looking at building a completely new ground!
We are talking about an extension to our ground that has been talked about for years.Cardiffs new extension is costing about £8m.
We are idiots if we don't progress on this issue immediately.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

New Stadium issue... on 13:50 - May 1 with 1342 viewsJackFish

The stadium has been near enough sold out for every league game for the past three seasons, if that's not enough evidence that demand is there for expansion then I don't know what is.
New Stadium issue... on 13:57 - May 1 with 1330 viewsDevz00

New Stadium issue... on 13:10 - May 1 by MorSwan

We have enough money to bring better players in though, unlike most clubs? Surely the team should come first, then whatever profit we make from becoming a better team would fund us becoming a better club?

Great, bring in some new players. I'm not saying we shouldn't. If you want us to stay in the Premier Legaue then we won't do it by standing still. We sell out week-in, week-out and you think that's just fine as it is? Why not add an extra 5k to the stadium and see what happens then? If we continue to sell that, expand again. This is a must.

If (when?) the day comes that we do go back down, I would like us to have a much larger fan base than we had before we got promoted. Yes, a lot of them won't stick around to watch Championship football, but a lot of them will become real Swans fans. We need to get the youngsters hooked now rather than shutting them out of the stadium and handing them a Liverpool or a Man United shirt.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

New Stadium issue... on 14:03 - May 1 with 1315 viewsItchySphincter

Dear me, our away attendances are very good but what that has to do with expanding our own stadium is anyone's guess. Also, I keep repeating this but we haven't just about stayed up? Safe with a couple of games to go, never once drawn in to the dogfight - what do you actually expect?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Stadium issue... on 14:10 - May 1 with 1299 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

New Stadium issue... on 13:50 - May 1 by JackFish

The stadium has been near enough sold out for every league game for the past three seasons, if that's not enough evidence that demand is there for expansion then I don't know what is.

Quite. Any such business operating at 99% capacity for its main events will be looking to expand capacity to grow the business. It's a no-brainer.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

New Stadium issue... on 14:19 - May 1 with 1284 viewsIAN05

We have to expand if we wish to grow and compete . Season ticket renewals were around the 90% mark this year despite a poor climate and some doubt over the division we are in. Our home support sells out every game despite short notice and relatively high prices.

An increased capacity will allow us more flexibility on ticket pricing, more marketing opportunities and initiatives to entice the next generation of fans. We have already shown that we can sell around 19,000 tickets for every game without any effort.
Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium issue... on 14:23 - May 1 with 1280 viewsLeonisGod

New Stadium issue... on 13:13 - May 1 by airedale

Just phoned the ticket office. Me and Wasser want to move from the South to the West now the brats are apprentice alcoholics, and the ticket office informs that there is not a single seat available in the West.

For you.... You clearly don't meet the criteria for the tartan rug and thermos flask brigade. They have standards you know!
New Stadium issue... on 15:06 - May 1 with 1228 viewsLord_Bony

Price elasticity makes sense..all busineses use it supply and demand.
When theres a big game (not for ST holders)put the price up...when it s low key put the price down.

A bigger stadium would make us feel a bigger club,the atmosphere would be better and more people would be able to come and see us...new fanbase.

I Read somewhere there is a demand for season tickets around 7,000 that cannot be met.

Now is the time to start with summer coming up and a guaranteed place in the prem next season. Just need to get their heads together to sort out the parking etc.

Build it and they will come....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

New Stadium issue... on 15:15 - May 1 with 1214 viewsSCB1985

New Stadium issue... on 12:29 - May 1 by MorSwan

What so we were never considered going down at any point no...?

I never expected relegation.

Cardiff were never good enough
Norwich had a bad fixture list to end the season.

fulham, villa and sunderland are not that steady

so even with a shaky season, we were always safe.

Poll: whats more important to you

New Stadium issue... on 15:43 - May 1 with 1171 viewsandrew

I think we should add maybe say, 6k not 12k, a few times this season we have had many spare seats for league games in the extra half of the north we get given, so basically unless it's a big game or against the top 7, we aren't going to sell more than 20000 home tickets.

As for the away end, I'm sure many teams would bring more than 2000, with the likes of Chelsea Man U Everton and the Birmingham teams would bring more than 3000.

32000 is too much unless we play Cardiff or the big 4, which will hold about 4-5000 fans in the swans end supporting the away team.

I've always wanted them to put an extra tier on the south (for kids to go cheap), and the north (for more away fans) and leave the east as it is not to steppe rate the singers.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

New Stadium issue... on 15:52 - May 1 with 1159 viewsBatterseajack

New Stadium issue... on 15:06 - May 1 by Lord_Bony

Price elasticity makes sense..all busineses use it supply and demand.
When theres a big game (not for ST holders)put the price up...when it s low key put the price down.

A bigger stadium would make us feel a bigger club,the atmosphere would be better and more people would be able to come and see us...new fanbase.

I Read somewhere there is a demand for season tickets around 7,000 that cannot be met.

Now is the time to start with summer coming up and a guaranteed place in the prem next season. Just need to get their heads together to sort out the parking etc.

Build it and they will come....

hmmm.... I'm not sure about that 7000 figure on the waiting list. The club phoned me up the other day offering to sell me a season ticket and I haven't even put my name down for one.

I'm sure the club have all the data they need to determine the level of support out there.

It will also be interesting to see how Cardiff's investment in a larger stand goes next season.
New Stadium issue... on 15:59 - May 1 with 1151 viewsDavillin

Let's see. What league were we in when the final decision was made to build the Liberty? And when it was built?

And how did that work out?

This argument is the dead opposite from "speculate to accumulate" to "downsize to descend." Or something like that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

New Stadium issue... on 15:59 - May 1 with 1150 viewsymaohyd

New Stadium issue... on 13:37 - May 1 by MorSwan

Why wouldn't you travel with the supporters trust? Isn't it £20?

Are you special needs, something doesn't seem quite rights with your original post!?Quite possibly a Cardiff fan on a wind up, if not something not quite right.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

New Stadium issue... on 16:08 - May 1 with 1107 viewsJBT95

New Stadium issue... on 13:11 - May 1 by NOTRAC

Let's all be happy in our present size stadium so that when we descend the leagues to our proper place in Division 1 we can feel proud that we didn't waste money on empty seats?
What a load of crap.
There are tens of thousands of supporters who want to see us and can't because there are no seats available
Let's start acting like the huge business that we have become.The relative cost of expansion is not enormous.
This is little old Swansea's chance to show that we can think big.We've already let Cardiff overtake us in terms of Stadium size. They now have all the international matches.
Let's move forward now as quickly as possible?
Show the rest of Wales that there is entrepreneurship outside Cardiff.

I AM TIRED OF REPEATING ON THREAD AFTER THREAD.

Cardiff CIty Stadium holds international games because it's in the same city as the Millennium stadium (therefore if demand means games are switched back to the Mill Stad there is no problems for spectators, plus people know all matches will be in Cardiff), better transport connections, a better geographical location in terms of people nearby and more accommodation. FAW also have training bases are in Newport/Cardiff.

So why have it 40 miles west when there is no point at all?
[Post edited 1 May 2014 16:09]
New Stadium issue... on 16:12 - May 1 with 1098 viewsjojaca

I applied for four season tickets this season, but was not successful. So I am going to buy season tickets at the Scarlets next season for family. I have lost patience and won't be attending swans games next season, I will just watch them on the box.

Even when you know, you never know?

New Stadium issue... on 16:20 - May 1 with 1083 viewsNOTRAC

Jbt95 What a fart of a bloke you are with your Welsh FA ensignia suggesting that you are an official spokesman for the Association.
What you are saying is go away little Swansea what right have you got to represent Wales.Cardiff is bigger, better and is the only place for International games.
I sincerely hope that you are not an F A representative because that sort of thinking is pure bullying and sad.
Listen,mate whether you like it or not Swansea will probably be the only team in the Premiership next year.We have access to over half a million population without touching Cardiff's suburbs. We are also on main line services.
If Wales to you is purely Cardiff then it's no wonder the International team have floundered for so long!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

New Stadium issue... on 16:20 - May 1 with 1082 viewsDevz00

New Stadium issue... on 15:52 - May 1 by Batterseajack

hmmm.... I'm not sure about that 7000 figure on the waiting list. The club phoned me up the other day offering to sell me a season ticket and I haven't even put my name down for one.

I'm sure the club have all the data they need to determine the level of support out there.

It will also be interesting to see how Cardiff's investment in a larger stand goes next season.

I'm not sure about a waiting list but I'm guessing you were called up because you're a JA member?

They rang me and my missus up too. Both of us have 49 points I think he said, so we had some sort of priority on any available tickets. I explained that we are living away and that I'll continue with the away game on the JA membership.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

New Stadium issue... on 16:32 - May 1 with 1058 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New Stadium issue... on 13:20 - May 1 by Cooperman

There are not tens of thousands of supporters who want to see us but cant because of the lack of seats.

Maybe in Prem season #1 that was the case and I can remember people hitting the refresh button on the keyboard in the run up to 10:00am on a Monday morning when general sale tickets became available.

This doesnt happen now me thinks.

A lot of people have given up purely because they think it's hopeless .
Another 5,000 is a low risk low cost way to test the water.

Since I started going to the Vetch I've been there in crowds of 24,000 and 2,500. The year before we left the vetch we averaged between 5-6 thousand and there were worries we would look stupid in a 20 k stadium with maybe 10k or less in there. Look how that's turned out. People who don't want the stadium expanded (to the OP ) sound suspiciously Cardiff like to me. If he is a Swansea fan he's arrived at a very different stage on this journey than I (and a lot of others) did.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New Stadium issue... on 16:49 - May 1 with 1018 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We need to get KI back playing with us .

The Koreans will add a couple of thousand on the gates.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New Stadium issue... on 16:53 - May 1 with 1009 viewswaynekerr55

Has anyone got any STATS to show that we have poor away followings?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New Stadium issue... on 16:58 - May 1 with 999 viewsLord_Bony

New Stadium issue... on 15:52 - May 1 by Batterseajack

Well sir according to Lee Trundle the figure is actually HIGHER...

"Former Swan and now club ambassador Lee Trundle, who was at the meeting, said afterwards the expansion would be a fantastic boost for the 8,000 supporters on season ticket waiting lists."

read more...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-citys-liberty-stadium-expan

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

New Stadium issue... on 17:00 - May 1 with 998 viewsOldjack

New Stadium issue... on 13:50 - May 1 by JackFish

Exactly .it's the way forward, slowly ,cautiously is the only way we shall become a bigger club

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Stadium issue... on 17:16 - May 1 with 985 viewsSgorioFruit

Cardiff spent all that money on strengthening the team and still got relegated. Build now i say!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024