Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? 12:36 - Jan 20 with 3539 viewsLord_Bony

Looking to the match at Birmingham on Saturday.

Do you think Laudrup should be telling them to throw the match on this one?

Considering the importance of the next few weeks plus Europa I think now is the time to put things in perspective and prioritise. Make no mistake to drop out of this league would be a disaster for the club. We are more than capable of spending a good few seasons here yet. If we had nt had that last minute freaky penalty given to Stoke in October we would be 11th now..just goes to show how tight it is.

But with the matches coming up against Fulham,West Ham,Cardiff and Stoke now is the chance for us to pull back some much needed points. Would hate to get more injuries from non priority matches.

Or shall we just go for it and see what happens? Death or Glory like or just pull out?

PS
Please don t anybody come on here and say relax....
[Post edited 20 Jan 2014 16:52]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:47 - Jan 23 with 1416 viewsGlyn1

We're only 4 matches away from Wembley and who knows if or when we'll ever get back there. It's also a good opportunity to give the returning players some match practice.

Certainly do give some of the players a much needed break, e.g. Jonjo, Pozuelo and Bony, but still try to win it.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1405 viewsLord_Bony

I agree let s try to progress but with the back room boys.

To get an injury on the regulars especially Bony would be disaster. Rest up for the prem safety thats where it s at.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1405 viewssammylee3

we need all our best players fit for Fulham massive game, put kids in saturday seniors on the bench simples
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:54 - Jan 23 with 1394 viewsZut_Alors

Strong team, but with Bony on the bench. I'd like to see Gwion get a run out, though.
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:58 - Jan 23 with 1385 viewsLord_Bony

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:54 - Jan 23 by Zut_Alors

Strong team, but with Bony on the bench. I'd like to see Gwion get a run out, though.

Hmm why not I like the look of him

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 16:36 - Jan 23 with 1360 viewsLiam12345

With recent articles it seems as if the team are well up for it so if they are why not go for it more wins whatever competition wont do no harm but injuries could be picked up.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 21:54 - Jan 23 with 1300 viewsDyfnant

Best team available please

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:06 - Jan 23 with 1285 viewsGrandPrix

Im certainty not wasting my hard earned cash to go watch us 'throw a game' this weekend.....even if we loose with a weak team it doesn't guarantee points in the league! In it to win it in every competition for me

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Login to get fewer ads

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:14 - Jan 23 with 1272 viewsDewi1jack

Fuk it.
Wemberlee in May.
Turin around the same time. Guess I'd better be doing some work soon!
Win the FA Cupppppah and the little cousins can finally shut the fuk up. That and we get another year of Europa League (entering a bit later)
Oh and...

RELAX!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 21:46 - Jan 24 with 1175 viewsLord_Bony

Ok hope they put a good show on tomorrow but praying no injuries.

Hope The Big Guy upfront is on the bench.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:08 - Jan 24 with 1154 viewsRancid

We've got to put our best side out for goodness sake.They've already beaten our second string this season.Laudrup fancies the FA Cup, we seen that at United.Full steam ahead i reckon and we haven't played for ages so our best possible and fit line up please.I really can see us turning a corner rather soon and things starting to click again.
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:22 - Jan 24 with 1143 viewsswancity

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 21:46 - Jan 24 by Lord_Bony

Ok hope they put a good show on tomorrow but praying no injuries.

Hope The Big Guy upfront is on the bench.

Many moons ago every time a team went out onto a pitch they played their strongest team. It was at a time when the rules didn't afford so much protection from bad tackles, and a time when the fa cup was viewed (rightly) as the huge competition that it still is. Hi-tec medical support wasn't available and recuperation periods were much longer. And yet players could happily manage 45-50 games a season on mud baths of pitches.

When I hear silly comments about losing a game deliberately I cringe. Strangely, It's fashionable to talk in these terms. It's pathetic. Any premier league club can win the fa cup this season so why not us. It's likely to be one of the top 3/4 clubs but why not ruffle some feathers along the way as we did when ruffling and then rubbing Chelsea feathers in an oil slick 12 months ago.

Michael laudrup can see the importance of cup tie football. It's helping him make his name in management. It's about time that some got a grip. You do everything possible to progress. Either that or give up. Win one game move onto to the next one. Winning is a habit but so is losing. In life as well as on a football field.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:43 - Jan 24 with 1118 viewslonglostjack

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:22 - Jan 24 by swancity

Many moons ago every time a team went out onto a pitch they played their strongest team. It was at a time when the rules didn't afford so much protection from bad tackles, and a time when the fa cup was viewed (rightly) as the huge competition that it still is. Hi-tec medical support wasn't available and recuperation periods were much longer. And yet players could happily manage 45-50 games a season on mud baths of pitches.

When I hear silly comments about losing a game deliberately I cringe. Strangely, It's fashionable to talk in these terms. It's pathetic. Any premier league club can win the fa cup this season so why not us. It's likely to be one of the top 3/4 clubs but why not ruffle some feathers along the way as we did when ruffling and then rubbing Chelsea feathers in an oil slick 12 months ago.

Michael laudrup can see the importance of cup tie football. It's helping him make his name in management. It's about time that some got a grip. You do everything possible to progress. Either that or give up. Win one game move onto to the next one. Winning is a habit but so is losing. In life as well as on a football field.

That's right, couple of wins and we're not far off another marker in the history books which will put 1927 ( LOL ) to bed once and for all !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 22:48 - Jan 24 with 1114 viewsspikeee

Swancity you hit the nail on the head.
Of course I'd love us to win every match but that ain't gonna happen.
win the important ones and get some points off the top 10, is that too much to ask ?
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 00:50 - Jan 25 with 1083 viewsLord_Bony

Again the basic argument here is.

Is it more important this season to stay in the Premier league or progress in the FA Cup.

So some good points made,lets hope this time next week we can look back and have a laugh....
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 1:14]

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 00:56 - Jan 25 with 1080 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Some people wanted us to throw the ManU game too.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 01:28 - Jan 25 with 1068 views_Kieran

LETS AV IT!

WHOS DOING AN ALL NIGHTER EN! LATE NIGHT MORRISONS + TESCO FFORESTFACH MISSON FOR STELLAS, VODKA AND 20 FAGS. GTA STYLE, I COULD DIE ON DESE STREETS. ISI HEALTHY EATING IF EW RUNS TO MACCYDEEES?

WE WILL NOT BE DEFEATED. RORY DONNELLY IS GOD.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 1:30]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 01:50 - Jan 25 with 1059 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 01:28 - Jan 25 by _Kieran

LETS AV IT!

WHOS DOING AN ALL NIGHTER EN! LATE NIGHT MORRISONS + TESCO FFORESTFACH MISSON FOR STELLAS, VODKA AND 20 FAGS. GTA STYLE, I COULD DIE ON DESE STREETS. ISI HEALTHY EATING IF EW RUNS TO MACCYDEEES?

Eating's cheating

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 01:56 - Jan 25 with 1056 viewsLiberty

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 01:28 - Jan 25 by _Kieran

LETS AV IT!

The spelling and grammar is far too correct for a rebel, grab a hot drink and have an early night. Rock and roll.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 02:18 - Jan 25 with 1049 views_Kieran

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 01:56 - Jan 25 by Liberty

The spelling and grammar is far too correct for a rebel, grab a hot drink and have an early night. Rock and roll.

it woz da valiums dat keeps me goin inirrrrrrr

goodnight pussy x

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 02:53 - Jan 25 with 1031 views_Kieran

FFS EVERYWHERE IS SHUT WHERE CAN I GO FOR A CHEAP FIX?

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 09:18 - Jan 25 with 968 viewsmonmouth

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 00:50 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

Is it more important this season to stay in the Premier league or progress in the FA Cup.

So some good points made,lets hope this time next week we can look back and have a laugh....

I don't see it like that. I see the cups as a chance for enjoyment for fans and players between the hysterical hand wringing of the pl. Strong team please. Bring it on. Let's have two cup finals and safety.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 09:24 - Jan 25 with 960 viewsswancity

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 00:50 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

But that's not the argument

You seem to think it has to be one or the other. An extended fa cup run could help our league form, it could help restore form , fitness and confidence. Put it this way a defeat today will do us no favours at all. A win and we are just 3 games from another epic day. Michael laudrup shares this view too and that's encouraging.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 09:44 - Jan 25 with 953 viewsLeonisGod

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 18:11 - Jan 20 by judgejonevs

Personally I think Laudrup likes the cups more than the league.

It's because we stand a chance of winning the cups. "More" might be pushing it a bit far, but he's obviously a big fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024