Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? 12:36 - Jan 20 with 3540 viewsLord_Bony

Looking to the match at Birmingham on Saturday.

Do you think Laudrup should be telling them to throw the match on this one?

Considering the importance of the next few weeks plus Europa I think now is the time to put things in perspective and prioritise. Make no mistake to drop out of this league would be a disaster for the club. We are more than capable of spending a good few seasons here yet. If we had nt had that last minute freaky penalty given to Stoke in October we would be 11th now..just goes to show how tight it is.

But with the matches coming up against Fulham,West Ham,Cardiff and Stoke now is the chance for us to pull back some much needed points. Would hate to get more injuries from non priority matches.

Or shall we just go for it and see what happens? Death or Glory like or just pull out?

PS
Please don t anybody come on here and say relax....
[Post edited 20 Jan 2014 16:52]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:39 - Jan 20 with 2096 viewsperchrockjack

It s don't worry man. If you are you aren't a good fan innit.

LAUDRUP is capable of putting them all on and some of them might get a reaction and be out for ther games that matter.
I d put out the wives girlfriends and pets to play meself and save the players for the battle ahead

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:49 - Jan 20 with 2063 viewsQuakerJack

I'd be tempted to give Vorm a run out, blow some cobwebs off

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:50 - Jan 20 with 2058 viewsLord_Bony

Give the kids a chance...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:52 - Jan 20 with 2042 viewsraynor94

Strongest team, it's no good worrying about injuries, let's get the confidence flowing again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:52 - Jan 20 with 2033 viewsperchrockjack

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:50 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

Give the kids a chance...

I hope that s not a Paedophilia reference as that's been well covered

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:53 - Jan 20 with 2029 viewsLord_Bony

Why is it no good worrying about injuries at this important time?
Surely we can t add any more?

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:53 - Jan 20 with 2028 viewsClinton

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:49 - Jan 20 by QuakerJack

I'd be tempted to give Vorm a run out, blow some cobwebs off

Stick him on the right wing instead of Poz

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:57 - Jan 20 with 1993 viewsQuakerJack

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:53 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

Why is it no good worrying about injuries at this important time?
Surely we can t add any more?

a mixture of the two... I'd certainly rest Bony... We have relied heavily on Michu for a long time, playing him in games when he needed a rest but we didn't have an option... we don't want to burn him out as well.

if Vasquez is going to come good then a goal is what he needs and, without disrespect to Birmingham, playing against "lesser" players would improve his chances of doing so...

how valuable would it be if he got a goal in this game and it kicked him on for the rest of the season... give him 70 mins and bring Donnelly on for the last 20... see how he goes

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 1977 viewsLord_Bony

Well I don t think this is a "lesser" team we are playing.

They knocked out Man Utd and won 3.0 against Rovers it certainly won t be easy to beat them at their home ground.

I think it will be a physical slog....hope it dont get heavy with rain just to add to the fun....

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 1975 viewsClinton

Brum are playing with centre backs aged 34 and 35 or so because they lost Burn back to Fulham and Bartley injured (even if he could play against us). For me, put Alvaro on for 60 minutes to give them the run around and then bring on Bony to deliver the 'coup de grace', if required.
Of course we should go out to win this one, they lost 0-2 to Yeovil last time out ffs.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 1971 viewsscottishjack

For me personally, put out a strong team and go for the win.

Winning breeds confidence and as much as the FA cup seems to have lost a bit of the "magic" it once had, we should be in it to win it.
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:13 - Jan 20 with 1933 viewsraynor94

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:03 - Jan 20 by Clinton

Brum are playing with centre backs aged 34 and 35 or so because they lost Burn back to Fulham and Bartley injured (even if he could play against us). For me, put Alvaro on for 60 minutes to give them the run around and then bring on Bony to deliver the 'coup de grace', if required.
Of course we should go out to win this one, they lost 0-2 to Yeovil last time out ffs.

They have only won twice at home this season, of course we don't want injuries, but players need game time

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:13 - Jan 20 with 1932 viewsLord_Bony

Yes some good points but also.

1. Being burned out and possibly more injuries will not be good for confidence .

2. We could be biting off more than we can chew if we progress in the FA Cup considering at the moment our thin squad through injuries,playing in Europa and lack of points .
If we were top ten with a six point cushion then it would be a no brainer.

Next few premier league matches are critical for us to build our confidence...that is where it s at in my opinion....

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:18 - Jan 20 with 1915 viewsraynor94

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:13 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

Yes some good points but also.

1. Being burned out and possibly more injuries will not be good for confidence .

2. We could be biting off more than we can chew if we progress in the FA Cup considering at the moment our thin squad through injuries,playing in Europa and lack of points .
If we were top ten with a six point cushion then it would be a no brainer.

Next few premier league matches are critical for us to build our confidence...that is where it s at in my opinion....

Winning breeds confidence, do you think we should just roll over to save on games?

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:21 - Jan 20 with 1899 viewsLord_Bony

My argument is staying in the Premier League should be more important than progressing in the FA Cup this season.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 13:22 - Jan 20 with 1896 viewsJackhero

Lets go out and win this. We are more than capable and I do fancy another trip to Wembley. Plus I'm off up to St Andrews and wouldn't want us to put on a bad show after me traveling there and back along with all our other fans.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 14:03 - Jan 20 with 1837 viewscockneyswan

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 12:57 - Jan 20 by QuakerJack

a mixture of the two... I'd certainly rest Bony... We have relied heavily on Michu for a long time, playing him in games when he needed a rest but we didn't have an option... we don't want to burn him out as well.

if Vasquez is going to come good then a goal is what he needs and, without disrespect to Birmingham, playing against "lesser" players would improve his chances of doing so...

how valuable would it be if he got a goal in this game and it kicked him on for the rest of the season... give him 70 mins and bring Donnelly on for the last 20... see how he goes

This,

If the reserves win great, if they get beaten slight disappointment, but we then just "concentrate on the league". "no brainer"
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 14:05 - Jan 20 with 1834 viewsBloodyhills

I don't think a manager should ever tell the team to throw a game. We should go out to try and win every game we play in. Of course it might be sensible to rest players who need a rest.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 14:14 - Jan 20 with 1816 viewsJack_y_Jwc

After beating Utd, I think it's guaranteed that Laudrup will take this tournament seriously. I'm expecting a strong line-up.

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:19 - Jan 20 with 1765 viewsJesuswasaJack

We should go for it - we can win it and this game is a chance for a morale boasting win.

I agree with the poster above; start Vasquez and bring Bony on if we need a goal with 25 mins to go.

If one or all of JDG, Michu, or Dyer are available then try and give them 30 mins to build up match fitness. The timing of this FAC game is perfect for us to re-group and get back to winning ways.
Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:29 - Jan 20 with 1733 viewsC_jack

We won't 'throw' any game, even if we put a team of u-21's out, they're still going out to win the game, believe it or not.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 18:09 - Jan 20 with 1652 viewsLord_Bony

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 14:14 - Jan 20 by Jack_y_Jwc

After beating Utd, I think it's guaranteed that Laudrup will take this tournament seriously. I'm expecting a strong line-up.

I m hoping Bony gets rested for most of it.Vasquez can be top man in this one...

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 18:11 - Jan 20 with 1642 viewsjudgejonevs

Personally I think Laudrup likes the cups more than the league.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:13 - Jan 23 with 1529 viewsLord_Bony

Would be nice to add another cup after last years.

But we have to be honest and say this season we ve got other things to take care of. There ll be other years for the FA Cup this is not one...hope we get knocked out sooner the better....

Should we forget the FA Cup this time round? on 15:15 - Jan 23 with 1521 viewsshandyjack

A stongish team will defo be played saturday, i for one would love another trip to wembley and do not see this as being detrimental to us staying in the league

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024